PDA

View Full Version : The Burger King's 7 inches of meat

SkinBasket
06-30-2009, 04:03 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/images/542471/0_21_bk_350.jpg

An advertisement for Burger King's latest sandwich leaves little to the imagination and should be discontinued due to "distasteful" and unappetizing references to oral sex, advertising experts told FOXNews.com.

The print ad for the "BK Super Seven Incher" — a limited time promotion in Singapore, a society known around the world for its strict government controls of social conduct — shows the "mind-blowing" sandwich near the open mouth of a wide-eyed, red-lipsticked woman accompanied by the suggestive tagline: "It'll blow your mind away."

"Fill your desire for something long, juicy and flame-grilled," the ad continues.

Mark Duffy, a blogger and an advertising copywriter at a major New York City firm, said the advertisement is among the "worst" he's ever seen in more than 17 years of industry experience.

"I've seen a lot of sexual innuendo ads and this is about the worst, especially for something as mainstream as Burger King," Duffy told FOXNews.com. "I was a little repulsed by it. It's really misogynistic to women and it's also unappetizing."

Duffy said it appeared the woman's face in the advertisement had been retouched to make it look like a doll and that the American cheese on the sandwich seemed a little too white.

SkinBasket
06-30-2009, 04:06 PM
The ad is obviously meant to cross some lines of innuendo, but "misogynistic to women?" Does this mean that every man that likes oral sex hates women? Or worse yet, that every woman that enjoys giving fellatio hates herself? I think there's really some outdated sexual standards out there that are more insulting to women than this ad.

SkinBasket
06-30-2009, 04:11 PM
I didn't even notice that the ad is only being run in Singapore. The glorious Burger King tries to bring some measure of sexual and media freedom to a foreign land where societal behavior is dictated to the people and he gets attacked from behind by one of his fellow countrymen. Disgusting. I bet Mr. Duffy voted for Obama.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Foxnews pulling from an obama supporter. Only in your warped mind.

mraynrand
06-30-2009, 04:24 PM
It's a creepy ad, but the photog is probably creepier, because he wanted to take the picture.

Note: anticipating Ty '15th wonder' Bigguns "How do you know it was a guy taking the picture? How could you know he 'wanted' to take the pic - could have been coerced or faced with being fired if didn't snap photo. Also, there could have been separate photogs - one for the girl and one for the sandwich. Photogs use different lighting and f-stops for dif subjects. Wikipedia supports this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-number. Can't tell intent from pic. could easily be honest oversight."

Tyrone Bigguns
06-30-2009, 04:28 PM
It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever.

You haven't crossed the line into clever yet.

mraynrand
06-30-2009, 04:46 PM

Nor have you apparently - stealing lines from Spinal Tap.

Gunakor
06-30-2009, 04:47 PM
Has anyone else seen the ad for Quiznos Toasty Torpedo yet? It'd be kinda hard to imagine this BK ad being any worse than that Quiznos one.

SkinBasket
06-30-2009, 04:48 PM

You're right. Obama would have bowed to the King, not supported a knife in his back.

SkinBasket
06-30-2009, 04:50 PM
Has anyone else seen the ad for Quiznos Toasty Torpedo yet? It'd be kinda hard to imagine this BK ad being any worse than that Quiznos one.

That's what immediately came to my mind, "Put it in me Dave." How insulting to gays. Their Champion should speak up.

Freak Out
06-30-2009, 04:57 PM
Considering that sandwich is a heart attack waiting to happen the oral sex innuendo is the only thing it has going for it.

Jimx29
06-30-2009, 05:05 PM
At less than a buck an inch, i'd consider it a fair value

Tyrone Bigguns
06-30-2009, 06:23 PM

Nor have you apparently - stealing lines from Spinal Tap.

That still doesn't make you clever.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-30-2009, 06:25 PM

You're right. Obama would have bowed to the King, not supported a knife in his back.

Do you only read parts of news stories..or do you intentionally leave out parts?

the ad has nothing to do with the states.

HowardRoark
06-30-2009, 07:26 PM
More meat.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB2MDYzx5OY

MadScientist
07-01-2009, 01:07 AM
The real problem with this ad is that it's message / target is screwed up. Extra large burgers tend to appeal to men, but this ad says that if you eat this burger, you are a cocksucker.

SnakeLH2006
07-01-2009, 01:09 AM
The real problem with this ad is that it's message / target is screwed up. Extra large burgers tend to appeal to men, but this ad says that if you eat this burger, you are a cocksucker.

That ad is sexy. Snake would buy it, if only for loving a good cocksucker.

swede
07-01-2009, 12:20 PM

QFT

I haven't eaten one--not ONE- Snickers bar since the idiotic and disastrous Super Bowl ad in 2008.

Now Burger King has gone and shot the wad.