PDA

View Full Version : favortism

Harlan Huckleby
07-03-2009, 01:37 PM
Just a brief explanation. Anyone feeling the need to reply, do so by creating a new thread in the Romper Room.

CPK - I overlooked two things in the post that Snake made. You needed a good "telling off" and he did it. No telling off is ever perfect, so yes, I cut him some slack considering.

You've lost your 'right' to gripe with your entire body of work. You don't like it? Leave. You've had more chances than any other poster in this forum, and you are truly on your last chance. (Your fairness comment is absolutely asinine, you have skated more than anyone) You add virtually nothing to these forums. Your only function is to screw things up.

I have asked repeatedly for off topic discussion, and bickering to not be present in this forum. I meant it, and it is going to end.

This forum is to talk about the Packers. That's it. It is not for you or anyone else to bitch, moan, complain, or criticize people.

To everyone:

If you have a post about the topic at hand, post it, if not, don't.

I don't like the bickering that goes on throughout all the forums. Most people don't do it, so I can tolerate the level. I try to ignore it.

I don't like that Administrator is trying to police conversation so rigidly. But then again, I understand it, and it's his perogative.

I do object to Administrator's claim that he is not showing favortism. I don't have a dog in that fight, and its obvious that different standards are used for different people.

The "body of work" argument is bs. You can't expect to allow one party, in this case Snake I believe, to throw insults, and penalize responses from those that Principal Administrator has placed on double secret probation.

If you are going to outlaw bickering, do it consistently.

Bretsky
07-03-2009, 02:01 PM
No offense is meant here HH, but you've always had the mojo of favoritism is being showed.

You played that card often with Mad, and while I'm not sure I've seen you write it.....you'd probably have the same view of me when I attempted to be a mod.

We'll never agree on much; I've always had the best interests of the forum theory while you've argued for a clear set of rules. I have no clue who is right; maybe somewhere in the middle.

It's human nature to develop biases. I consider myself pretty open minded; I''m that guy in life who rarely if ever dislikes anybody.
As a poster I'm pretty close to that guy as well. But this controverly in the past year has brought out the worst in some of us, probably me as well. I've changed a bit and now find myself really finding my normally easy going personality quite irritable due to tones.

Everybody can find specifics from the past to argue favoritism, I try not to be but I'm sure I could have got some lectures back in some of the TTT fights JH and I use to have. I'm still not sure how much I agree with them. I think Admin is deal with some of the negativity and tones that have irritated others for a while now.

Just my two cents and it's worth about what you paid for it.

cpk1994
07-03-2009, 02:28 PM
I do object to Administrator's claim that he is not showing favortism. I don't have a dog in that fight, and its obvious that different standards are used for different people.

The "body of work" argument is bs. You can't expect to allow one party, in this case Snake I believe, to throw insults, and penalize responses from those that Principal Administrator has placed on double secret probation.

If you are going to outlaw bickering, do it consistently.I don't mind if he shows favortism. But claiming that you are not showing favortism while there are clear examples that you are is being dishonest and that is bs.

Administrator
07-03-2009, 02:47 PM
I don't like the bickering that goes on throughout all the forums. Most people don't do it, so I can tolerate the level. I try to ignore it.

I don't like that Administrator is trying to police conversation so rigidly. But then again, I understand it, and it's his perogative.

Harlan, you continue to bang the same drum. It doesn't work. Comparing Snake and CPK is futile. The comparison doesn't work.

CPK is a big problem. Snake is not. Other than the "mother" comment which was questionable (and directed at his forum behavior, not her), his points were correct.

the guy does nothing but attack people and criticize Favre. I happen to agree with his perspective on Favre, but the vitriole is not necessary.

You can't look at one post. You have to look at the bulk of them. When you do that, it negates all of your points above.

falco
07-03-2009, 02:55 PM
In my opinion, there is a difference between moderating a board (censoring posts, banning posters, etc) and attempting to control the personalities of the posters and the content of their posts. Set clear rules, discipline the posters who clearly violate those rules, and leave the rest alone. Otherwise you are just playing god, and people aren't going to like it.

If you feel the need to delete this post also, please at least let everyone know you did it, and why.

hoosier
07-03-2009, 02:58 PM

Harlan, you continue to bang the same drum. It doesn't work. Comparing Snake and CPK is futile. The comparison doesn't work.

CPK is a big problem. Snake is not. Other than the "mother" comment which was questionable (and directed at his forum behavior, not her), his points were correct.

the guy does nothing but attack people and criticize Favre. I happen to agree with his perspective on Favre, but the vitriole is not necessary.

You can't look at one post. You have to look at the bulk of them. When you do that, it negates all of your points above.

As the owner of this site you have the right to do and act however you want. The rest of us are just along for the ride, benefitting from your efforts and generosity.

An administrator, on the other hand, has a somewhat different role. A good administrator needs to be impartial and interested in the process and not just the finished product. Did a certain poster get what was coming to him in such and such a thread? Perhaps, but that's only looking at the product. The process, meanwhile, involves what steps were taken to get there. If this certain poster's mother got insulted along the way, and if previously there have been strong warnings not to engage in personal attacks against other posters, then I would say that the process wasn't what it could have been. In the long run, a faulty process will leave almost everyone unhappy.

Administrator
07-03-2009, 03:04 PM
As the owner of this site you have the right to do and act however you want. The rest of us are just along for the ride, benefitting from your efforts and generosity.

An administrator, on the other hand, has a somewhat different role. A good administrator needs to be impartial and interested in the process and not just the finished product. Did a certain poster get what was coming to him in such and such a thread? Perhaps, but that's only looking at the product. The process, meanwhile, involves what steps were taken to get there. If this certain poster's mother got insulted along the way, and if previously there have been strong warnings not to engage in personal attacks against other posters, then I would say that the process wasn't what it could have been. In the long run, a faulty process will leave almost everyone unhappy.

The certain posters mother didn't get insulted. That's the point that is cleverly forgotten. The spirit of the comment was "even your mother knows your behavior here is wrong".

"The process" you are referring to is largely done behind closed doors. You aren't privy to it, nor should you be. I've called CPK out a couple of times, but have PM'ed him at least 2 to 1 over public comments. I've dealt with others via PM that I've been accused of "protecting". I'm dealing with 2 other issues right now that are ongoing. When they're finished, they'll either be solved, and you won't know, or, I'll take an action and then you'll know. That's fair, regardless of what anyone thinks they know.

Point is, people like Harlan and Falco weigh in publicly with limited and wrong information. They can't do it privately when their questions could be answered.

I want the BS out of the packers room. I'm "semi tolerant" of the rest of it. Packers forum is open to the world and meant for Packers and Packer related discussion. That's it. It is the public view of our community.

Administrator
07-03-2009, 03:12 PM
In my opinion, there is a difference between moderating a board (censoring posts, banning posters, etc) and attempting to control the personalities of the posters and the content of their posts. Set clear rules, discipline the posters who clearly violate those rules, and leave the rest alone. Otherwise you are just playing god, and people aren't going to like it.

If you feel the need to delete this post also, please at least let everyone know you did it, and why.

The whole "personalities" argument is BS. It's a red herring diversion. No one has a "personality" where they establish through 4000+ posts that they offer little to the forum other than criticism and complaint.

that's not personality. That's a choice.

I have set clear rules. They are simple. Keep the BS out of the Packer forum. Don't insult others. Deal with me privately if you have a problem. Make a choice to stop an argument, don't spread it.

I'll delete posts when I see the need to do that. It's happened less than 5 times since I've been here. Sometimes I edit them. That's happened less than 10 times. It isn't an ongoing problem, it is just another reason for you to criticize. Never pass up an opportunity, right?

Deputy Nutz
07-03-2009, 04:20 PM
Honestly, this shit is getting really old, fast. Some of you have some real issues with authority, and for me saying that, that means you all have issues. Skin and Harlan, all you guys every do is look for little injustices so you can cry a river about fairness. How about just shutting the fuck up, forgetting there is an administrator around here and either use the forum for the purpose it was created or go some where else. Here is an idea, how about you lazy fucks go create your own Packer forum, and then try to deal day in and day out with that headache.

Brett take the blame? What a crock. YOU obviously have forgotten the Mike SHerman years. Brett hid while SHerman made excuses for him. 5 INT game agsint Cincinatti? He ran and hid like a coward while Sherman covered for him. He rarely, if ever, lay blame on himself.

I disagree with this. Brett took blame. Always? No. But he did so more than most superstars for most of his career. I've seen him lay the blame on others in recent years, but that just might be an aging star trying to convince himself that he is still a star. I have little doubt that his decision making and the natural decline in his skills was as much to blame for his failures at the end of last season as his arm injury, but if Favre thought that was the case, he probably wouldn't come back. Thus, I've see him justifying his struggles (i.e. not taking blame) more. It's not unusual. For most of his career, I saw him man up and take blame plenty of times when he messed up.Maybe at the beginning of his carerr, but once Mike Sherman was hired that changed completely. He had no problem chatting up the media after wins, but after losses, especially when he had bad performacnes, he was nowhere to be found while Mike Sherman sat there and came up with every excuse in the book, "WR ran the wrong route", The ball slipped out of Brett's hand", "Well, he has a thumb injury" etc. Basically only took the blame when coaches refused cover for him.

It's hard to blame Brett when that was out his hands as Shermy drank some Favrey Kool-Aid game-wise, as that has nothing to do with Brett. I don't remember Brett calling out any player in his whole career (show some articles or STFU) so you should really look at yourself CPK. You call out EVERYONE and bitch and moan on EVERY post about EVERYONE/EVERYTHING, yet unlike Brett (who has produced winners/stats his whole career) you have NEVER produced anything (in your PR post career) but negativity and insults. If Brett did so now (talk down on someone.....which to your point, he never did), at least he ain't a Packer. You still (don't know how it's possible) still post on PR, so lighten your hate, please. It's VERY tiresome. Please post less. Your suck-post ratio is very poor. Prob. the poorest Snake has seen in 5 NFL forums. I've never seen you post a good post without trying to bitch/drag someone (a poster, or player, coach, GM) down. Just quit now. Your mom is texting me now, just begging you stop with the facade....... :shock: :x

If this is what you guys are banging your drums about, again issues. Snake hit the nail on the head, but you all want to look for the smallest thing to call foul on. Like the mother comment. He certainly didn't say anything about CPk's mother wolfing down his cock or anything. Let this shit go, or again see above.

Partial
07-03-2009, 04:46 PM
I agree with Nutz.

mission
07-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Ive never once thought CPK was a problem...

I thought dude was talking about PP this whole time ... the board was so much more pleasant without him.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-03-2009, 06:19 PM
Sorry, Admin...but, if you are going to come in and say "let's keep the personal stuff out of it" then you have to keep that standard.

You can't bs and say.."heed needed a good comeuppance." If you want to do it..fine. But, Snake shouldn't be your rottweiler. And, i didn't read that "mother" post as you did..i saw it as he was making a sex joke about his mom.

I don't find CPK annoying..nor do i find that he has extreme vitriol toward favre. And, if that is the case..then shouldnt' you be on the pro favre crowd as well...how many packnut posts are vitriolic to the "anti favre" crowd.

You can do as you wish, but you are clearly playing favorites. That is your right...just admit you are being hypocritical.

Bretsky
07-03-2009, 08:19 PM
good points Nutz

hoosier
07-03-2009, 08:52 PM
I want the BS out of the packers room. I'm "semi tolerant" of the rest of it. Packers forum is open to the world and meant for Packers and Packer related discussion. That's it. It is the public view of our community.

Fair enough. Hard to argue with that.

The certain posters mother didn't get insulted. That's the point that is cleverly forgotten. The spirit of the comment was "even your mother knows your behavior here is wrong".

We disagree. "Your mom is texting me now, just begging you stop with the facade.......". To my ear that is unmistakably a personalized attack. Why would someone else's mom be texting him and "begging" him if she wasn't also getting it on with him? The intent was clearly to humiliate CPK on a number of levels.

I found the post in question (the one criticizing CPK) to be over the top and borderline out of bounds. If you think he had it coming, I agree that PM is the right medium for dealing with it. Much preferrable to publicly taking one poster's side against another's. There, I've said my piece and I'll drop it.

Harlan Huckleby
07-03-2009, 08:56 PM
I have set clear rules. They are simple. Keep the BS out of the Packer forum. Don't insult others.

Fine. Now enforce those standards fairly. When you congratulate one party in an ugly argumet for "getting some much deserved licks in" that ought to be a clue that you are not sufficiently detached.

You accused me of beating the same drum, but actually the last time I posted on this topic I complimented you being even-handed.

I am unimpressed by behind-the-scenes conversations.

Most of the people in this forum are pretty conservative, not so tolerant of oddballs and wise asses. Rastak and Bretsky are leaders of the order, vee must have order, pack. I don't think the Admin's tastes are far off from what the majority want.

Harlan Huckleby
07-03-2009, 08:56 PM
good points Nutz

as usual, Nutz is the man!

SkinBasket
07-04-2009, 07:02 AM
The Skinbasket is somewhat concerned, but cannot allow ourselves to be used as a political football. We will not be seen as meddlers, and will continue to monitor the situation closely. We just hope that this thread reflects the true will of the posters.

Deputy Nutz
07-04-2009, 10:00 AM
I am the man.

If saying "your mom texted me...." is a personal attack on this forum, I quit, I will no longer post here.

pbmax
07-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Admin, you clearly take sides in the snake/cpk deal. That's a problem because as much as one might understand Snake's position, his post is inaccurate* and personal. And it wasn't just the Mother comment that made it personal. You cannot correct behavior by engaging in the same behavior. Just because someone agrees with the perspective about the target doesn't justify the post. Both Snake and cpk should have been reprimanded, if you were going to take action. Otherwise, you are simply encouraging more of the same.

I understand, as I have posted several public comments critical of cpk's incessant need to insult and to try to carry the argument with outrage and contempt. But I have also seen him post good stuff during the draft, unlike some other posters in the Packers forum who seem to post only about the controversial topic and its fallout.

If you want the forum to be self-regulating, I understand. But if you choose to encourage the kind of post that Snake happened to make, the level of vitriol and sniping is going to get worse, not better.

* Favre has called out Sterling Sharpe, Corey Bradford, Robert Ferguson and Javon Walker, just to name the receivers.

pbmax
07-04-2009, 10:25 AM
I am the man.

If saying "your mom texted me...." is a personal attack on this forum, I quit, I will no longer post here.
But unless his Mother plays for the Packers, its hardly on topic is it? So that would seem to make it BS and by definition, verboten.

Harlan Huckleby
07-04-2009, 10:52 AM
If you want the forum to be self-regulating, I understand. But if you choose to encourage the kind of post that Snake happened to make, the level of vitriol and sniping is going to get worse, not better.

This is the inherent problem with "self-regulating." The forum is divided into angels and demons. The angels are encouraged to criticize the demons.

Its a dynamic that will inevitably lead to the demons being banned. It doesn't actually regulate, on the contrary it is an engine for creating hard feelings and thinning-out oddballs from the herd.

I think the better way to go is to set guidelines and enforce them uniformly without the dubious participation of vigilantes.

Frankly, the "private messages" from the Supreme Leader to disfavored members of the forum indicate that criticisms and suggestions are no longer welcome, and can in fact lead to bannishment. So I'm not expecting any changes.

Allah Akbar!

Harlan Huckleby
07-04-2009, 10:57 AM
http://photos.upi.com/News/c05cd51a5f066b9b35796ddaafe27917/Irans-Supreme-Leader-Speaks.jpg

More reports of threats of capital punishment for dissent rolling in.

"peaceful protest = riot "

:lol: :lol:

GrnBay007
07-04-2009, 11:44 AM
I see the problem being that some people here have made it their goal or "cause" to point out shortcomings rather than just enjoy (reading) or contribute to PR. If nobody asked how to run PR, then really what makes anyone think it's their place to "fight for the cause" or dictate how PR is run? If people are warned and continue their "simple minded", shit stirring, negative crap then why do you feel sorry for them? They made their bed. I don't see that as any form of favoritism. It's called BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS!

Good Lord, some of you really need to make a reality check. This is an online forum........not anything to do with your personal life and well-being. Instead of dwelling over injustice on an online forum and over favoritism go spend some quality time with your family or loved ones and come back when you have a clear mind and can just enjoy the place!!!!

hoosier
07-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Instead of complaining about others who dwell over injustice on an online forum and over favoritism, go spend some quality time with your family or loved ones and come back when you have a clear mind and can just enjoy the place!!!!

mraynrand
07-04-2009, 01:09 PM
Instead commenting on those who are complaining about others who dwell over injustice on an online forum and over favoritism, go spend some quality time with your family or loved ones and come back when you have a clear mind and can just enjoy the place!!!!

GrnBay007
07-04-2009, 01:19 PM
Instead of complaining about others who dwell over injustice on an online forum and over favoritism, go spend some quality time with your family or loved ones and come back when you have a clear mind and can just enjoy the place!!!!

I wasn't complaining. I was just stating some facts.

Grow up!!

hoosier
07-04-2009, 02:19 PM

Grow up!!

If that was just stating facts, I would hate to see you complaining! :lol:

Partial
07-04-2009, 02:22 PM

Grow up!!

Dick.

HowardRoark
07-04-2009, 02:37 PM

Grow up!!

Dick.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ZO3w3amvDd0/SWLFVrtNcNI/AAAAAAAACUA/sKcvcFeuqFs/s400/running-dick.jpg

falco
07-04-2009, 02:41 PM
...and I will make it right by steering clear of negative situations and trying to provide a positive influence on the forum instead of contributing to the negative side.

Dick.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-04-2009, 03:32 PM

Grow up!!

It's become so obvious
That you are so oblivious to yourself

HowardRoark
07-04-2009, 03:38 PM

Grow up!!

It's become so obvious

pot kettle black

Tyrone Bigguns
07-04-2009, 04:21 PM

Grow up!!

It's become so obvious

pot kettle black

hardly. Ty is on record as complaining. :oops:

The fundamental problem
We all need to face
This is important
But I know you're not listening
Oh I know you're not listening

SkinBasket
07-04-2009, 10:10 PM
http://ipoopexcellence.com/images/poop%20that%20corn.jpg

mraynrand
07-04-2009, 11:54 PM
Instead of calling people dicks for arguing that someone confused complaints and facts while disputing accusations of complaining about others who dwell over injustice on an online forum and over favoritism, go spend some quality time with your family or loved ones and come back when you have a clear mind and can just enjoy the place!!!!

Tyrone Bigguns
07-05-2009, 12:40 AM
Instead of calling people dicks for arguing that someone confused complaints and facts while disputing accusations of complaining about others who dwell over injustice on an online forum and over favoritism, go spend some quality time with your family or loved ones and come back when you have a clear mind and can just enjoy the place!!!!

Ty agrees, that kind of behavior should be reserved for your families. Build long simmering feuds with them...it is way more rewarding.

Deputy Nutz
07-05-2009, 09:56 AM
Shut this fucker down, seriously.

mraynrand
07-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Instead of agreeing that it's wrong to call people dicks for arguing that someone confused complaints and facts while disputing accusations of complaining about others who dwell over injustice on an online forum and over favoritism, go spend some quality time with your family or loved ones and come back when you have a clear mind and can just enjoy the place!!!!

falco
07-05-2009, 11:19 AM
Instead of agreeing that it's wrong to call people dicks for arguing that someone confused complaints and facts while disputing accusations of complaining about others who dwell over injustice on an online forum and over favoritism, go spend some quality time with your family or loved ones and come back when you have a clear mind and can just enjoy the place!!!!

There's a point where it just stops being clever or funny. Believe me I know, I cross it on a regular basis.

GrnBay007
07-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Pathetic some people just enjoy making fun of others.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-05-2009, 01:15 PM

Pathetic some people just enjoy feeling superior to others.

SkinBasket
07-05-2009, 01:47 PM
Superior others also enjoy making fun of pathetic people.

Brando19
07-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Some pathetic people are superior to other pathetic people.

GrnBay007
07-05-2009, 01:54 PM

Pathetic some people just enjoy feeling superior to others.

Can you explain how I feel superior to others? You don't even know me.

If you believe that someone that feels that treating people with respect is the right thing to do and someone that doesn't get in to the "pity party" of favoritism, is someone that feels superior then I guess you might be right.

Believe me, if I felt this place was all about belittling people, making fun of them and criticizing, I could hang with the best of you if I wanted. Of course I would have no desire to be there then. I don't think that was why PR was created.

Why don't a few of you just give admin a break? A few of you made it your agenda to question and bitch about everything Madtown did with PR and now you are doing the same with the new admin. Don't you ever get tired of it? I know at least 80% of the rest of the forum is tired of it.

Administrator
07-05-2009, 02:15 PM
Deputy Nutz is right. No reason for this crap.

GrnBay007 please accept my apology. I should have shut this down sooner.

Falco. Well said, we have long past the "humorous" part.

Thread closed.