PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Steve McNair DEAD!

Brando19
07-04-2009, 03:54 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/04/report-steve-mcnair-slain/

WTF?!? This is awful!!! Some reports are saying it's a suicide...some are saying he was murdered.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-04-2009, 04:12 PM
reports in that it was a homicide.

billy_oliver880
07-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Very sad day in the world of football. :(

MOBB DEEP
07-04-2009, 04:52 PM
OMG! my frat brother and a good man.....

cpk1994
07-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Shocking indeed. RIP Steve. :(

MOBB DEEP
07-04-2009, 05:32 PM
my queen said he was in a hotel with a woman who wasnt his wife??!! she got shot too? by a jealous man? if so, thats TERRIBLE on so many levels

Brando19
07-04-2009, 07:28 PM
my queen said he was in a hotel with a woman who wasnt his wife??!! she got shot too? by a jealous man? if so, thats TERRIBLE on so many levels

Yep...they're reporting now that the woman shot was his "girlfriend." If his wife had no idea he was cheating....what a shocking 4th of July for her.

Badgerinmaine
07-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Unbelievable and sad story. RIP.
Here's a fine tribute by Mike Freeman of CBS:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11923538

Rastak
07-04-2009, 08:03 PM
Holy fucking shit.

First I've heard...man is this fucked up....

woodbuck27
07-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Jeff Diamond, former President of the Titans commented on Steve McNair's death:

"First of all it's such a tragic, tragic thing. You just hate to see these things happen, and to happen to someone you like and respect and knew so well and had so many great times and moments with; it's a horrible, horrible story."

Steve McNair was 36 years old. He leaves behind a wife Mechelle and four sons: Junior, Steven, Tyler and Trenton.

Sad news. Shocking!

Badgerinmaine
07-04-2009, 08:19 PM
my queen said he was in a hotel
News reports I'd seen said it was a condo, but the same sort of thing could be going on...

CaptainD
07-04-2009, 08:59 PM

Your the first one on the right track. He was with a woman other than his wife..wife had not seen him in 2 days hmmm and wasn't looking for her husband ??? This whole thing smells ....it's a shame it ended like this.

SkinBasket
07-04-2009, 10:12 PM

Your the first one on the right track. He was with a woman other than his wife..wife had not seen him in 2 days hmmm and wasn't looking for her husband ??? This whole thing smells ....it's a shame it ended like this.

Is it a shame? or is it justice? Put yourself in the shoes of those who's lives and hearts were torn apart. Maybe the only shame here is Mr. McNair and his libido.

Brando19
07-04-2009, 10:15 PM

Is it a shame? or is it justice? Put yourself in the shoes of those who's lives and hearts were torn apart. Maybe the only shame here is Mr. McNair and his libido.

Justice? I don't think it's your place to say it may be justice. McNair may have been cheating, but he didn't deserve to die.

Partial
07-04-2009, 10:41 PM

Justice? I don't think it's your place to say it may be justice. McNair may have been cheating, but he didn't deserve to die.

Nor do his kids deserve to grow up fatherless. Ridiculous, shock value type comment.

I feel awful for his children :(

rbaloha1
07-04-2009, 10:53 PM
http://sportsbybrooks.com/

Rastak
07-04-2009, 10:53 PM

Two people dead and that's your take?

woodbuck27
07-04-2009, 10:59 PM

Nor do his kids deserve to grow up fatherless. Ridiculous, shock value type comment.

Here's a tad of wisdom I picked up awhile back.

Sometimes peope say or do things (ie write things) that shock and harm / hurt us. I've learned not to take those types seriously as they often operate from a point of ignorance and are incapable of compassion or acceptance. Don't allow their ignorance to take you down. Rather shrug them off.

woodbuck27
07-04-2009, 11:09 PM
The news up here (Saturday - late news reports) is that Steve McNair was shot several times and the women once in the head. The news here says it's being declared a murder (McNair murdered) and then a suicide ( the woman kills herself ).

Tyrone Bigguns
07-04-2009, 11:53 PM
OMG! my frat brother and a good man.....

Ty knew it. Damn son, you rokkin da hat. Crazy fresh.

http://crazyabouttv.com/Images/differentworld.jpg

Tyrone Bigguns
07-04-2009, 11:58 PM

Cheating equals death. WTF, are you Taliban?

Look, torquemada, this is america....we put our cheaters in stockades and sew scarlett letters on them.

bobblehead
07-05-2009, 01:00 AM

Look, torquemada, this is america....we put our cheaters in stockades and sew scarlett letters on them.

Or elect them to public office. (or pubic office if this is an acceptable time for a pun)

Tyrone Bigguns
07-05-2009, 01:30 AM

Or elect them to public office. (or pubic office if this is an acceptable time for a pun)

The irony factor of your post is off the charts...as you support Newt. :lol: :lol:

SkinBasket
07-05-2009, 07:19 AM

Why is it so shocking that I don't give a shit about some guy who was banging a 20 year old girl in a hotel room? Because he was a famous athlete? Maybe when some of you people stop idolizing these people and hold them to the same standards you would anyone else, you would be less shocked when someone doesn't play along with the whole, "Woe is the world for the loss of Steve McNair."

I would feel worse for his children if he hadn't been killed by his mistress half his age. From the sound of it, he wasn't interested in being much of a dad.

falco
07-05-2009, 07:22 AM
The irony factor of your post is off the charts...as you support Newt. :lol: :lol:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/images/daily/newtclint_092398ap.jpg

"no really, it is fun banging your intern... you should try it"

Fritz
07-05-2009, 09:01 AM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/images/daily/newtclint_092398ap.jpg

"no really, it is fun banging your intern... you should try it"

I don't think any of the guys' penises in Washington, D.C. are more likely to lead them astray if their owners are from party A instead of Party B. Check out the scandals of, say, the last ten years. Penises attached to Republicans, to democrats - doesn't matter. Lots and lots of politicos are getting a little extra something on the side, whether it's an undercover cop in a men's room or an intern or a mistress in Argentina.

As for McNair...ugh. If you're going to be shot to death, better have it happen when you're saving a little old lady from an armed robber or from a crazed Wall Street financial analyst than have what seems to have happened to McNair. Unseemly would be the word.

Bretsky
07-05-2009, 09:10 AM

Why is it so shocking that I don't give a shit about some guy who was banging a 20 year old girl in a hotel room? Because he was a famous athlete? Maybe when some of you people stop idolizing these people and hold them to the same standards you would anyone else, you would be less shocked when someone doesn't play along with the whole, "Woe is the world for the loss of Steve McNair."

I would feel worse for his children if he hadn't been killed by his mistress half his age. From the sound of it, he wasn't interested in being much of a dad.

kids lost their father; whether he was with his wife in the condo or mistress I feel equally terrible for them. And athlete or not, the whole situation is quite sad.

falco
07-05-2009, 09:32 AM
I don't think any of the guys' penises in Washington, D.C. are more likely to lead them astray if their owners are from party A instead of Party B. Check out the scandals of, say, the last ten years. Penises attached to Republicans, to democrats - doesn't matter. Lots and lots of politicos are getting a little extra something on the side, whether it's an undercover cop in a men's room or an intern or a mistress in Argentina.

As for McNair...ugh. If you're going to be shot to death, better have it happen when you're saving a little old lady from an armed robber or from a crazed Wall Street financial analyst than have what seems to have happened to McNair. Unseemly would be the word.

Men are men, the world around. They're all going to be after that trim.

As to the part in bold, brings to mind the old football player who couldn't swim, yet died trying to save three boys from drowning.

Certainly a tragic situation, but I agree with you completely. What a legacy to leave your children.

bobblehead
07-05-2009, 11:35 AM

I can't make a joke at newt's expense because I support him?? I have said so many times I can't count that I don't really care about the moral stuff and by and large I am as liberal socially as most democrats. You can do whatever the hell you want, just don't ask me to pay for your bad decisions.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-05-2009, 01:26 PM

Who is idolizing McNair? Who is holding him to a lesser standard. Every poster would feel bad about any father cheating who got caught and killed. Sorry, but you are misguided.

Nobody is asking you to give a shit, but your idea that this is justice or that it isn't a shame is ludicrous.

The penalty for cheating is divorce, loss of respect and half your shit...it ain't getting terminated.

Brando19
07-05-2009, 01:45 PM

Who is idolizing McNair? Who is holding him to a lesser standard. Every poster would feel bad about any father cheating who got caught and killed. Sorry, but you are misguided.

Nobody is asking you to give a shit, but your idea that this is justice or that it isn't a shame is ludicrous.

The penalty for cheating is divorce, loss of respect and half your shit...it ain't getting terminated.

Never thought this day was coming....but.... :lol: :wink:
Ty is dead on. He said everything I was trying to. If you cheat...you get divorced and maybe your head smashed in from the girl's husband and maybe even your wife....but you don't get killed. That ain't right.

SkinBasket
07-05-2009, 01:59 PM
I suppose I should have clarified "justice" as justice on a universal karmic scale. This situation isn't sad. It's pathetic. He was pathetic. Everything that happened stemmed from his decision that putting his cock in a girl young enough to be his daughter was more important than his family. If he lives, his kids are sad, if he dies his kids are sad. He's dead now. BFD.

GrnBay007
07-05-2009, 02:04 PM
I would feel worse for his children if he hadn't been killed by his mistress half his age.

What did his kids have to do with it? They are innocent little kids.

So we can only feel bad for children that lost their father if he was "good" man that didn't cheat? ....or maybe a daddy that cheated and didn't get caught? :roll:

Brando19
07-05-2009, 02:04 PM
I suppose I should have clarified "justice" as justice on a universal karmic scale. This situation isn't sad. It's pathetic. He was pathetic. Everything that happened stemmed from his decision that putting his cock in a girl young enough to be his daughter was more important than his family. If he lives, his kids are sad, if he dies his kids are sad. He's dead now. BFD.

If he lives...his kids are sad, but they'll get over it and have a dad. If he dies...his kids are sad and will never get their daddy back. Big difference.

gbgary
07-05-2009, 02:08 PM
cops seem to be leaning toward murder/suicide now. gun was found near her body.

SkinBasket
07-05-2009, 02:10 PM
I would feel worse for his children if he hadn't been killed by his mistress half his age.

So we can only feel bad for children that lost their father if he was "good" man that didn't cheat? ....or maybe a daddy that cheated and didn't get caught? :roll:

They lost a cur of a man that didn't care about them. I would feel worse for them if they had lost a real father who loved them. What's so strange about that?

SkinBasket
07-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Why is everyone ganging up on me anyway? Can't I just not care about these people in peace?

GrnBay007
07-05-2009, 02:17 PM

They lost a cur of a man that didn't care about them. I would feel worse for them if they had lost a real father who loved them. What's so strange about that?

Sorry, you don't KNOW he didn't care about them.

Wife/Husband and children are completely separate relationships. I agree if he was cheating he disrespected his children by doing so...but to say he didn't love them is out of line......IMO.

Doesn't matter anyway IMO.....back to the original question.....we should only feel bad for the kids of the "good" men?

GrnBay007
07-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Why is everyone ganging up on me anyway? Can't I just not care about these people in peace?

Yep.

Just don't think innocent kids should be brought in to it.

mission
07-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Innocent kids were brought into this the second their father died.

Regardless, they are "in it".

Brando19
07-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Here's some new developments from PFT:

The family of the woman who was found dead with former NFL quarterback Steve McNair has spoken out regarding the situation.

And despite the implicit message from police that 20-year-old Sahel Kazemi shot McNair repeatedly before shooting herself once, Kazemi's niece says that the girl was not capable of such actions.

"She was one, young girl who had so many dreams that they never came true," said Sepidah Salmani, according to Kate Howard of the Tennessean. "She would never kill anyone, ever. Or anything. Not even a little bug. I want people to know that."

Salmani, who was raised as Kazemi's sister, also said that McNair had told Kazemi that he soon would be divorcing his wife.

"That's why she was like, 'OK, now you're divorcing. We can date,'" Salmani said. "He told her, it was going to be finished, the whole divorce was going to be done, two weeks from yesterday. . . .

"All she was trying to do was have fun. Nothing else. I believe there is a third person involved."

Autopsies are being conducted on Sunday, and the findings could go a long way toward determining whether Kazemi indeed shot herself -- or whether someone else pulled the trigger and made it look like she committed suicide after killing McNair.

retailguy
07-05-2009, 02:46 PM

Not so fun to be on the other side of a "friendly debate", huh?

This is a very sad story. No winners here that's for sure. My prayers go out to McNair's family. Even if the reports are true about the plan to divorce, he had no business doing what he was doing.

MJZiggy
07-05-2009, 02:55 PM
I'm waiting to see if the autopsy report shows powder burns on her hand. I'll reserve judgment on what might have happened until then. It would be just too easy for someone else to try to make it look like something it wasn't. They will know soon enough.

Brando19
07-05-2009, 02:58 PM
I'm waiting to see if the autopsy report shows powder burns on her hand. I'll reserve judgment on what might have happened until then. It would be just too easy for someone else to try to make it look like something it wasn't. They will know soon enough.

We may never know the truth. What if someone held her at gunpoint and made her shoot him...then killed her? We may never know.

Brando19
07-05-2009, 03:00 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2009/07/05/mcnair-and-his-friend-before-the-shootings/

Here's some pics of McNair and his g/f a few months ago.

GrnBay007
07-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Salmani, who was raised as Kazemi's sister, also said that McNair had told Kazemi that he soon would be divorcing his wife.

"That's why she was like, 'OK, now you're divorcing. We can date,'" Salmani said. "He told her, it was going to be finished, the whole divorce was going to be done, two weeks from yesterday. . . .

That's interesting.

Multiple shots to McNair and only one shot to the gal shows whoever did it was angry at him....whether it be the girl he was with or someone else. I don't think they have to wait for autopsy reports to find out if she has gun powder residue so they should know that soon.

woodbuck27
07-05-2009, 04:00 PM

Hey SkinBasket we don't know the truth in terms of all circumstances.

We're all responsible for what we post here in this community we call Packerrats. Every post is open to scrutiny and subject to the most severe denunciation or criticism.

The big picture is that we can actually or hopefully learn and grow as members of this community and never lose ourselves in obsessive and indignant judgement. I believe that we all have room to grow. :D

The death of Steve McNair is too big a tragedy not to be cautious of how we treat the living in our thoughts over the deceased. The dead deserve a whole different and solemn respect.

I wonder if the dead don't forgive us of our sins far better than the living even as some slur them?

Tyrone Bigguns
07-05-2009, 04:33 PM

Well played.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Sahel Kazemi and Sepidah Salmani.

Sounds Mooslim.

Homeland Security better change to Orange.

Fritz
07-05-2009, 05:58 PM
My first thought is of how quickly pictures can fly around the internet.

My second thought, Tyrone, went in a slightly different direction than yours...I thought the posting of the pics would spark a discussion that would soon devolve into an argument over how hot the chick was.

mraynrand
07-05-2009, 06:00 PM
Sahel Kazemi and Sepidah Salmani.

Sounds Mooslim.

Homeland Security better change to Orange.

You will not be in Aqaba, English.

SkinBasket
07-05-2009, 06:18 PM

Yep.

You're mistaking me stating my feelings concerning my lack of sympathy for the kids with something else altogether. I don't feel anything for them. I don't know them, and I'm not going to pretend to. I wonder how many people, if they were honest with themselves, would admit that they felt any of the emotions they've expressed here of sadness, sympathy, and grief. I know I haven't, so I'm not going to claim I did just to say so.

SkinBasket
07-05-2009, 06:21 PM
The dead deserve a whole different and solemn respect.

Why? I refuse to romanticize the notion of death. Dying in and of itself does not change who you were and what you did while living.

Rastak
07-05-2009, 06:22 PM

Yep.

You're mistaking me stating my feelings concerning my lack of sympathy for the kids with something else altogether. I don't feel anything for them. I don't know them, and I'm not going to pretend to. I wonder how many people, if they were honest with themselves, would admit that they felt any of the emotions they've expressed here of sadness, sympathy, and grief. I know I haven't, so I'm not going to claim I did just to say so.

Some people have empathy as a trait and some people don't. It's as simple as that.

I would imagine there are people who do care, right here on this very forum but many couldn't give two shits about other people when they haven't met them.

SkinBasket
07-05-2009, 08:29 PM

Not so fun to be on the other side of a "friendly debate", huh?

Oh, it was a joke. I'm secure enough in my beliefs that I don't need to get all complainy when my views don't match your sick lots'.

Guiness
07-05-2009, 11:26 PM

Wife/Husband and children are completely separate relationships. I agree if he was cheating he disrespected his children by doing so...but to say he didn't love them is out of line......IMO.

Doesn't matter anyway IMO.....back to the original question.....we should only feel bad for the kids of the "good" men?

ding ding ding - we have a winner on that one. The marriage can be over. That doesn't change one iota how a parent feels about his children.

Now to try and figure out how to comment on Rastak's empathy comment...

cpk1994
07-06-2009, 12:11 AM

That's interesting.

Multiple shots to McNair and only one shot to the gal shows whoever did it was angry at him....whether it be the girl he was with or someone else. I don't think they have to wait for autopsy reports to find out if she has gun powder residue so they should know that soon.But they do have to do a ballistics test to see of the gun matches the bullets fired. and a matching of any fingerprints found on the gun.

channtheman
07-06-2009, 03:13 AM
The dead deserve a whole different and solemn respect.

Why? I refuse to romanticize the notion of death. Dying in and of itself does not change who you were and what you did while living.

I agree with the bold but isn't it funny how it does change how people look at someone? Just look at Micheal Jackson.

swede
07-06-2009, 07:50 AM
Some people have empathy as a trait and some people don't. It's as simple as that.

The empathy of which you speak is artificial and emotional.

Most people driving to work listening to radio news and hearing about a) a random murder-suicide and b) a random puppy hit by a truck are more emotionally moved by the latter, even though everyone would rationally agree that the former rather than the latter is the more significant event.

The only reason anyone cares is because certain neurons fired in recognition of the name McNair, an underdog hero, the tiny college long-shot American dream guy.

I still get more choked up about the puppy.

Real feelings of empathy are reserved for people who know his family. If you cried when you heard the news you are not automatically entitled to being called empathetic, but I can think of other adjectives.

SkinBasket
07-06-2009, 07:54 AM

ding ding ding - we have a winner on that one. The marriage can be over. That doesn't change one iota how a parent feels about his children.

Yeah, they're separate relationships which are both damaged by a guy more interested in banging some chick young enough to be his daughter instead of being a father to his children. And kids don't really view familial relationships in such a compartmental way anyway.

McNair died hunting teenage pussy. Not saving someone from drowning. If I was his kid, it would certainly change how I looked at him.

SkinBasket
07-06-2009, 07:56 AM

Most people driving to work listening to radio news and hearing about a) a random murder-suicide and b) a random puppy hit by a truck are more emotionally moved by the latter, even though everyone would rationally agree that the former rather than the latter is the more significant event.

The only reason anyone cares is because certain neurons fired in recognition of the name McNair, an underdog hero, the tiny college long-shot American dream guy.

Real feelings of empathy are reserved for people who know his family. If you cried when you heard the news you are not automatically entitled to being called empathetic, but I can think of other adjectives.

+100. I have feelings for you right now. Does that make me empathetic?

Rastak
07-06-2009, 10:55 AM

em⋅pa⋅thy
  /ˈɛmpəθi/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [em-puh-thee] Show IPA
Use empathy in a Sentence
–noun
1. the intellectual identification with or vicarious experiencing of the feelings, thoughts, or attitudes of another.
2. the imaginative ascribing to an object, as a natural object or work of art, feelings or attitudes present in oneself: By means of empathy, a great painting becomes a mirror of the self.

It doesn't say jack about having to know someone to empathize.

There are many examples of people in the news that are regular people who a person might empathize with. I'd like to know how you can judge every other person's feeling and call them artificial. They are what they are.

I can say for a short period of time I felt terrible when I heard a local story about a grandmother smothering her grandson by falling asleep on him just a few days ago. While I didn't lose alot of sleep over it, it was very sad to hear.

Deputy Nutz
07-06-2009, 12:05 PM

It is one thing when the marriage ends. But if you are cheating on your spouse, disrespecting your children's mother, are you not cheating on your family as well? You are deciding to spend time with a person outside of your family structure in a romantic way, spending money on them, cutting time that you could be giving to your children, instead you are sneaking out of the house to go fuck a 20 year old and take her on really cool vacations.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only reason this thread is up here is because the guy could through a football really well. Where are all the other threads about all the regular people that have been murdered and also have children? He is no different.

Fuck empathy.

mraynrand
07-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Does McNairs' wife have an iron-clad alibi? I'm guessing the wife - or a hired gun - shot McNair and then 'committed suicide' for the 20 year old. I'm guessing the wife due to the number of times McNair was shot. Looks like a lot of hate there. I'm guessing hired gun, because the wife probably would have wanted to shoot the 20 year old multiple times - and then it no longer is a plausible suicide. The worst part about this whole mess is that for the next several weeks, Jen and Angelina won't be getting the coverage in the tabloids that I expect and demand.

Fritz
07-06-2009, 03:55 PM
There can never be too many pictures and articles concerening Jennifer Aniston. I'm right there with ya, mr.

cpk1994
07-06-2009, 04:30 PM
Does McNairs' wife have an iron-clad alibi? I'm guessing the wife - or a hired gun - shot McNair and then 'committed suicide' for the 20 year old. I'm guessing the wife due to the number of times McNair was shot. Looks like a lot of hate there. I'm guessing hired gun, because the wife probably would have wanted to shoot the 20 year old multiple times - and then it no longer is a plausible suicide. The worst part about this whole mess is that for the next several weeks, Jen and Angelina won't be getting the coverage in the tabloids that I expect and demand.The probelm with your scenario is that the door to the apt where they were was locked and there was no forced entry. A hired gun most likely wouldn't lock the door before leaving. Then you take into account that last Thursday, the woman got a DUI, McNair left her behind at the police station. And Now, ESPN is reporting that Police say accodring to a nephew of the woman, the woman recently purchased a handgun. The evidence almost clearly shows murder/suicide. Ballistics tests should confrim this.

My guess is that he went to the apt to break it off becuase of the DUI, which would probably have blown McNair's cover. She couldn't handle the dumping, snaapped and shot him. Then she shot herself becuase she "Couldn't live without him".

Deputy Nutz
07-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Does McNairs' wife have an iron-clad alibi? I'm guessing the wife - or a hired gun - shot McNair and then 'committed suicide' for the 20 year old. I'm guessing the wife due to the number of times McNair was shot. Looks like a lot of hate there. I'm guessing hired gun, because the wife probably would have wanted to shoot the 20 year old multiple times - and then it no longer is a plausible suicide. The worst part about this whole mess is that for the next several weeks, Jen and Angelina won't be getting the coverage in the tabloids that I expect and demand.The probelm with your scenario is that the door to the apt where they were was locked and there was no forced entry. A hired gun most likely wouldn't lock the door before leaving. Then you take into account that last Thursday, the woman got a DUI, McNair left her behind at the police station. And Now, ESPN is reporting that Police say accodring to a nephew of the woman, the woman recently purchased a handgun. The evidence almost clearly shows murder/suicide. Ballistics tests should confrim this.

My guess is that he went to the apt to break it off becuase of the DUI, which would probably have blown McNair's cover. She couldn't handle the dumping, snaapped and shot him. Then she shot herself becuase she "Couldn't live without him".

That is sad, my heart goes out to her nephew.

GrnBay007
07-06-2009, 04:42 PM

It is one thing when the marriage ends. But if you are cheating on your spouse, disrespecting your children's mother, are you not cheating on your family as well? You are deciding to spend time with a person outside of your family structure in a romantic way, spending money on them, cutting time that you could be giving to your children, instead you are sneaking out of the house to go fuck a 20 year old and take her on really cool vacations.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only reason this thread is up here is because the guy could through a football really well. Where are all the other threads about all the regular people that have been murdered and also have children? He is no different.

Fuck empathy.

I wasn't condoning his activity and think he made some extremely poor choices that hurt his wife, his children and in the end cost him his life. This conversation started because of this comment.....

I would feel worse for his children if he hadn't been killed by his mistress half his age
His kids not only have to deal with losing their dad, but also having it come out to the public that their dad was a dog. So yeah, I feel bad for them....as I would for any kids that have to go through this.

I don't think it's fair to say he didn't love his children because he had an affair.

woodbuck27
07-06-2009, 05:05 PM

Your reading too many homicide detective books or your bang on?

Trouble with your story. It seems ( I thought I read) that Steve McNair was away from home for a couple of days. Should it take him that long to call her out on the DUI (if that's true?) and the affair/relationship off?

Maybe he complained over her cooking and that set the whole thing off?

We likely will never know. It looks like murder - suicide.

mission
07-06-2009, 05:15 PM
I was under the impression that he was still legally married to his wife but split up from her... had a roommate, lived in this condo, etc ...

cpk1994
07-06-2009, 05:19 PM

Trouble with your story it seems is I thought that McNair was away from home for a couple of days. Should it take him that long to call her out and the affair/relationship off. Maybe he complained over her cooking and that set the whole thing off?

We likely will never know. Murder -suicide.Yes, but we really don't know where he was. But it seems more than just coincidence that two days before their deaths, she gets a DUI and he leaves her high and dry at the police station.

woodbuck27
07-06-2009, 05:37 PM

Trouble with your story it seems is I thought that McNair was away from home for a couple of days. Should it take him that long to call her out and the affair/relationship off. Maybe he complained over her cooking and that set the whole thing off?

We likely will never know. Murder -suicide.Yes, but we really don't know where he was. But it seems more than just coincidence that two days before their deaths, she gets a DUI and he leaves her high and dry at the police station.

If . . . . he left her high and dry? That would likely piss her off. Soon the CSI's will have it pegged.

SkinBasket
07-06-2009, 06:23 PM
I don't think it's fair to say he didn't love his children because he had an affair.

Fine, he loved his kids (or maybe not). He just happened to love teenage vagina more.

Rastak
07-06-2009, 06:45 PM

Fine, he loved his kids (or maybe not). He just happened to love teenage vagina more.

Or maybe not.....what a fun exercise......

Brando19
07-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Here's some new developments from http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl

According to several NashvillePost.com sources, it is at Blue Moon Lagoon where Steve McNair's evening took an ominous turn. While sitting with friends at the restaurant (sources say that Kazemi was not in the party), a white woman in her early 20s, about 5-foot-4, approached McNair and accused him of slipping her a "roofie" a year ago. The woman then told McNair, according to sources, that her boyfriend was going to kill him. Roofie is a slang term for Rohypnol, a sedative dating back to the early 1970s that is used in hospitals for deep sedation, but is now a fairly infamous date-rape drug. After confronting McNair, sources say that the woman was asked to leave the restaurant. As of now, there is no known connection between the blonde woman's warning and the events that unfolded just a few hours later. It could well be an eerie coincidence. Still, Metro Police are interviewing patrons and staff members at Blue Moon Lagoon. -- Nashville Post

Rastak
07-06-2009, 08:42 PM

According to several NashvillePost.com sources, it is at Blue Moon Lagoon where Steve McNair's evening took an ominous turn. While sitting with friends at the restaurant (sources say that Kazemi was not in the party), a white woman in her early 20s, about 5-foot-4, approached McNair and accused him of slipping her a "roofie" a year ago. The woman then told McNair, according to sources, that her boyfriend was going to kill him. Roofie is a slang term for Rohypnol, a sedative dating back to the early 1970s that is used in hospitals for deep sedation, but is now a fairly infamous date-rape drug. After confronting McNair, sources say that the woman was asked to leave the restaurant. As of now, there is no known connection between the blonde woman's warning and the events that unfolded just a few hours later. It could well be an eerie coincidence. Still, Metro Police are interviewing patrons and staff members at Blue Moon Lagoon. -- Nashville Post

That actually came out a day or so ago......the latest from the Nashville cops today is that she purchased a gun Friday, and that was the gun found beneath her dead body and was the one used in the killings.

Strange case for sure but it sure looks like she did it.

Brando19
07-06-2009, 08:47 PM

That actually came out a day or so ago......the latest from the Nashville cops today is that she purchased a gun Friday, and that was the gun found beneath her dead body and was the one used in the killings.

I hadn't heard the story about the girl approaching him and accussing him of slipping her a roofie. Was McNair a predator? This is interesting, for sure.

Rastak
07-06-2009, 08:58 PM

I hadn't heard the story about the girl approaching him and accussing him of slipping her a roofie. Was McNair a predator? This is interesting, for sure.

The story you mentioned hasn't been confirmed as far as I know. What the facts seem to be are as follows...

1) He had rented a condo with a friend.
2) His wife had not seen him for a couple of days.

speculation: Were they seperated?

3) She got a DWI with him in the car on Thursday.
4) Police say she bought a gun Friday.
5) McNair and said girl are found dead with the gun under the girl.
6) Gun was used to kill both and was the one purchased by said girl.
7) Door was locked, no signs of forced entry.

speculation: The dude that found them sure acted strange. Not sure what to make of that.

Unless this is a perfect Mafia hit.....I'm just sayin.....

Brando19
07-06-2009, 09:01 PM

The story you mentioned hasn't been confirmed as far as I know. What the facts seem to be are as follows...

1) He had rented a condo with a friend.
2) His wife had not seen him for a couple of days.

speculation: Were they seperated?

3) She got a DWI with him in the car on Thursday.
4) Police say she bought a gun Friday.
5) McNair and said girl are found dead with the gun under the girl.
6) Gun was used to kill both and was the one purchased by said girl.
7) Door was locked, no signs of forced entry.

speculation: The dude that found them sure acted strange. Not sure what to make of that.

Unless this is a perfect Mafia hit.....I'm just sayin.....

Nice list. Yeah I read the dude that found them walked right by them the first time and didn't realize they were dead. You'd think there would be alot of blood because McNair had 4 gunshot wounds.

Brando19
07-06-2009, 09:04 PM
For a guy that was supposed to be getting a divorce...some weird things are coming out. I don't think his wife had a clue he was going to file for divorce. From http://www.tmz.com/2009/07/06/mcnairs-were-looking-to-buy-another-home/ :

The fact that Steve McNair's home was on the market while he was having an affair has caused speculation that he was getting a divorce ... but we just found out he and his wife were actually looking to buy another home.

We spoke to McNair's realtor, who said Steve and Mechelle were selling their massive Nashville home to buy another one "near a lake."

We're told the Nashville home was set to be sold for $2.9 million, and that Mechelle told the realtor yesterday that she wanted the sale to go ahead as planned.

McNair was found shot to death on Saturday along with Sahel Kazemi -- the woman police say he had been "dating."

Rastak
07-06-2009, 09:11 PM
Since we're all about speculation in this thread....

The newspaper reporters could find no record of him filing for divorce yet her relatives indicated he had told her her was divorcing his wife within 2 weeks.

A motive seems really obvious although nobody knows for sure.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-06-2009, 09:13 PM

That isn't remotely accurate. She was busted THURS MORNING. They take her in. He posts her bail.

How hi and dry are you if you are out the same day and buy a gun?

cpk1994
07-06-2009, 09:25 PM

That isn't remotely accurate. She was busted THURS MORNING. They take her in. He posts her bail.

How hi and dry are you if you are out the same day and buy a gun?He left the police station WITHOUT her. Who knows how she responded to that.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-06-2009, 09:39 PM

How hi and dry are you if you are out the same day and buy a gun?He left the police station WITHOUT her. Who knows how she responded to that.

First, that isn't hi and dry. You don't want to start arguing like partial.

Left? What do you mean. At the arrest, she was taken in..he took a cab. He then posted her bail.

Are you suggesting that because he didn't go to breakfast the next morning she would be pissed?

cpk1994
07-06-2009, 10:24 PM

Left? What do you mean. At the arrest, she was taken in..he took a cab. He then posted her bail.

Are you suggesting that because he didn't go to breakfast the next morning she would be pissed?I will concede to you on high and dry. That said, he wa at the police station with her. He then left the police station in a cab WITHOUT her. I would think that it would be wise for him to make sure she got home. ANd who knows what state of mind she was in or how she reacted to him leaving the police station without her. She was in love with the guy and he BAILS? I could easily see her being angry.

Bossman641
07-06-2009, 10:36 PM

Brando,

Your post, and Rastak's subsequent post, have me confused. Was the "white girl" who approached him at the Blue Moon Kazemi, or a completely different woman?

Tyrone Bigguns
07-06-2009, 10:37 PM

Are you suggesting that because he didn't go to breakfast the next morning she would be pissed?I will concede to you on high and dry. That said, he wa at the police station with her. He then left the police station in a cab WITHOUT her. I would think that it would be wise for him to make sure she got home. ANd who knows what state of mind she was in or how she reacted to him leaving the police station without her. She was in love with the guy and he BAILS? I could easily see her being angry.

Who knows why? It was her escalade...maybe she had stuff to do..or he had stuff to do. It was a long night.

Wise: Why? If she is sober..you think she suddenly can't drive? Maybe where she lived and he was going were completely opposite.

Bails: Again, you are framing it. You have no idea..so stop with pejorative words.

If she was mad enough to kill him..then it most likely was something far greater than this...this may have been the straw, but doubtfull. Perhaps he was breaking up, etc.

If this incident was the reason..then, she is a nutcase..and McNair was always in danger. What if he left the seat up? Forgot to buy her flowers? Forgot her birthday?

cpk1994
07-06-2009, 10:52 PM
Who knows why? It was her escalade...maybe she had stuff to do..or he had stuff to do. It was a long night.

Wise: Why? If she is sober..you think she suddenly can't drive? Maybe where she lived and he was going were completely opposite.

Bails: Again, you are framing it. You have no idea..so stop with pejorative words.

If she was mad enough to kill him..then it most likely was something far greater than this...this may have been the straw, but doubtfull. Perhaps he was breaking up, etc.

If this incident was the reason..then, she is a nutcase..and McNair was always in danger. What if he left the seat up? Forgot to buy her flowers? Forgot her birthday?I just think it is too much of a ocincidence that she goes and buys a gun after the DUI incdent too pooh pooh it as a factor in deaths.

Cheesehead Craig
07-07-2009, 12:10 AM
Everyone loves crazy until crazy loves them.

cap360
07-07-2009, 07:33 AM
crazy is fun for a while the sex is usally pretty good.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-07-2009, 02:47 PM

If this incident was the reason..then, she is a nutcase..and McNair was always in danger. What if he left the seat up? Forgot to buy her flowers? Forgot her birthday?I just think it is too much of a ocincidence that she goes and buys a gun after the DUI incdent too pooh pooh it as a factor in deaths.

Factor is one thing, cause is another.

Like i said..if she bought the gun because of the dui incident and planned on killing him..then she was crazy and NOTHING McNair would have done woulda changed things....his actions woulda only delayed the inevitable.

Brando19
07-07-2009, 03:22 PM

Brando,

Your post, and Rastak's subsequent post, have me confused. Was the "white girl" who approached him at the Blue Moon Kazemi, or a completely different woman?

I'm not sure about that. The way I took it...it was a completely different woman.

Rastak
07-07-2009, 03:42 PM
Well, as to the DWI and it's effect on this case.....it sure seems to be a factor. Not so much him taking a cab home, as previously mentioned this would be normal if he were also drinking. He did later bail her out.

BUT

This happened on Thursday and from what I understand of the timeline....

1) She gets DWI Thursday
2) Buys gun after sometime after being released
3) Spends time away from McNair all day Thursday night and Friday (from what I've read)
4) The next time she sees McNair she's got a new gun and he gets his brains blown out.

The thing that we don't know is what words were exchanged between the two as the result of that DWI, during and maybe immediately after. Something triggered her to go buy a gun shortly after that incident.

People are saying she had no training with guns....look, she was already there when he arrived after pounding a few around 1:30 to 2:00am. Is it so far fetched she shot him in the side of the head, catching him by surprised then pumped in the rest of the shots?

From everything I've read it's almost certain she was the killer and committed suicide. It's possible the best hitman in the USA was hired to create the perfect scene including having an imposter buy the gun but I highly doubt it.

My guess?
1) She was either certain he was going to dump her shortly.
2) She was fucking nuts.
3) or both of the above.....

One thing is for sure, to shoot the dude in each temple meant she was REALLY PISSED.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Ty agrees.

Please keep this handy so you will be able to discern my mood after i shoot someone.

Ty shoots you in leg...mildly irritated
Ty shoots you in arm...peeved
Ty shoots you in pelvic region..annoyed
Ty shoots you in torso....angry
Ty shoots you in head...furious

mraynrand
07-07-2009, 04:20 PM
Does McNairs' wife have an iron-clad alibi? I'm guessing the wife - or a hired gun - shot McNair and then 'committed suicide' for the 20 year old. I'm guessing the wife due to the number of times McNair was shot. Looks like a lot of hate there. I'm guessing hired gun, because the wife probably would have wanted to shoot the 20 year old multiple times - and then it no longer is a plausible suicide. The worst part about this whole mess is that for the next several weeks, Jen and Angelina won't be getting the coverage in the tabloids that I expect and demand.The probelm with your scenario is that the door to the apt where they were was locked and there was no forced entry. A hired gun most likely wouldn't lock the door before leaving. .

This is sounding more and more like Roger Pedactor's homicide that was originally ruled a suicide. Just need the right detective to solve the crime...

Cheesehead Craig
07-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Ty agrees.

Please keep this handy so you will be able to discern my mood after i shoot someone.

Ty shoots you in leg...mildly irritated
Ty shoots you in arm...peeved
Ty shoots you in pelvic region..annoyed
Ty shoots you in torso....angry
Ty shoots you in head...furious

Ty shoots down Soup as a viable pitching option... given up hope in life :lol:

Rastak
07-07-2009, 04:29 PM
Does McNairs' wife have an iron-clad alibi? I'm guessing the wife - or a hired gun - shot McNair and then 'committed suicide' for the 20 year old. I'm guessing the wife due to the number of times McNair was shot. Looks like a lot of hate there. I'm guessing hired gun, because the wife probably would have wanted to shoot the 20 year old multiple times - and then it no longer is a plausible suicide. The worst part about this whole mess is that for the next several weeks, Jen and Angelina won't be getting the coverage in the tabloids that I expect and demand.The probelm with your scenario is that the door to the apt where they were was locked and there was no forced entry. A hired gun most likely wouldn't lock the door before leaving. .

This is sounding more and more like Roger Pedactor's homicide that was originally ruled a suicide. Just need the right detective to solve the crime...

Sherlock Holmes would likely be required if someone were good enough to set this thing up so well.

:shock:

mraynrand
07-07-2009, 05:16 PM

Sherlock Holmes would likely be required if someone were good enough to set this thing up so well.

:shock:

No, just Ace Ventura

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc126/iShmeker/ace_ventura.gif

woodbuck27
07-07-2009, 06:00 PM

It makes sense to me that Steve McNair might want to keep her DUI and his married life as seperate as possible and if there was going to be a divorce not ram any affair down his wife's throat. So he posts bail money and leaves the station discreetly without the young lady.

The young lady would have been plenty satisfied with McNair paying to get her free. They meet up at her place or their place later and something flys really bad.

The fact her gun (the gun she purchased) was the weapon involved in both deaths isn't incrimminating of her necessarily.

cpk1994
07-07-2009, 08:10 PM
No, just Ace Ventura

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc126/iShmeker/ace_ventura.gifCAN YA FELL THAT BUDDY? HUH? HUH? HUH? IHAVE EXORCIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISED the DEEEEEEEEEEEMONNNNNNS. This house is clear!

Deputy Nutz
07-08-2009, 09:17 AM
I talked to my good friend Cornolio who is still deactivated for some reason, but anyways. We confered that this might be the work of a professional.

Two shots to the chest then one in the head. Nobody shoots someone in the head and then pops them twice more in the chest.

Take the girl for instance, she just bought the gun, maybe she is fimilar with guns, but probably not. She would have fired those rounds in a rage. I could point to her as the killer if she jacked 6 rounds or 8 rounds with two or three of them hitting McNair and then spraying the rest of the rounds into the wall and ceiling.

Two shots to the chest, and one in the head, signature move of professional killers.

I am not saying she didn't do it, but I don't believe she did it until more facts are released, powder burns, prints, and more info about the crime scene.

Rastak
07-08-2009, 10:25 AM
I talked to my good friend Cornolio who is still deactivated for some reason, but anyways. We confered that this might be the work of a professional.

Two shots to the chest then one in the head. Nobody shoots someone in the head and then pops them twice more in the chest.

Take the girl for instance, she just bought the gun, maybe she is fimilar with guns, but probably not. She would have fired those rounds in a rage. I could point to her as the killer if she jacked 6 rounds or 8 rounds with two or three of them hitting McNair and then spraying the rest of the rounds into the wall and ceiling.

Two shots to the chest, and one in the head, signature move of professional killers.

I am not saying she didn't do it, but I don't believe she did it until more facts are released, powder burns, prints, and more info about the crime scene.

Two shots to the head, one from point blank in one temple, one from 3 feet to the other....both chest shots were from 3 feet.

One scenario is a shot to the head that surprised him from 3 feet as he sat on the sofa. Walk around front then 2 more from that distance to the chest, then point blank to the other temple.

It a pretty damn complete job I'll admit.

Zool
07-08-2009, 10:46 AM
I've also thought of the conspiracy.

Take her gun, shoot him in the head. Then put the gun in her hand and pull the trigger 3 more times.

Rastak
07-08-2009, 11:43 AM
I've also thought of the conspiracy.

Take her gun, shoot him in the head. Then put the gun in her hand and pull the trigger 3 more times.

Yea, that might work but my biggest question is the complete lack of struggle signs in the autopsy, from what I've read.

Look, McNair has a few beers and doesn't suspect a thing so he gets shot in the side of the head without warning. I get that. But how does this killer do away with her at the same time with zero struggle?

Ether perhaps to knock her out, then stage the killing before she ever wakes up?

It would have to be executed perfectly to go off with no evidence and no struggle.

edit: One other thing, she bought a gun a day earlier and it was the one used. How do you explain that? An imposter posing as her buys the gun as part of the conspiracy? That would be a helluva plan.

final edit: I saw the layout of the house and he was killed on the sofa, near the stairs coming down. If she descended the stairs he could have seen her and said hello then turned back toward the TV allowing her to pull out a gun and shoot, but a killer would have had to somehow sneak up on him after disabling her. I would assume the autopsy determined he died in a seated position and was not moved.

Fritz
07-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Could she simply have been that pissed and that cold-blooded?

Crazy. Scary.

Rastak
07-08-2009, 03:07 PM

Crazy. Scary.

Listening to the press conference live while on a dull conference call.....

1) She threatened suicide Friday to a co-worker.
2) Told friends she suspected McNair was seeing another woman.
3) Was making payments on the Caddy.
4) Was losing her roommate which was going to double her rent.
5) Told friends her life was unraveling before her.

All evidence shows she killed him, likely as he slept on the sofa with a shot to the left temple, then fired 2 into his chest, one to the right temple, then sat down next to him then fired a single shot to her head then slid to the floor.

She purchased the gun from a person she new for 100 bucks.

They found the phone records to be consistent with the story from the dude who found them. Believed he was completely shocked and lost track of time as does happen on occasion.

Bossman641
07-08-2009, 03:22 PM
I think you all have been watching too much 24.

Rastak
07-08-2009, 03:24 PM
oops....dp

KYPack
07-08-2009, 05:11 PM

Crazy. Scary.

All evidence shows she killed him, likely as he slept on the sofa with a shot to the left temple, then fired 2 into his chest, one to the right temple, then sat down next to him then fired a single shot to her head then slid to the floor.

They found the phone records to be consistent with the story from the dude who found them. Believed he was completely shocked and lost track of time as does happen on occasion.

Yeah.
Call off the Oliver Stone squad. It's murder suicide. She killed herself all righty. Too bad Steve got caught in the "friendly fire".

Fritz
07-09-2009, 08:54 AM
Ouch. Sounds like she done did it.

Four times? Wow. That's pretty hardcore.

Deputy Nutz
07-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Maybe when a 37(?) year old man decides that it is a good idea for him to date a 20 year old woman, maybe he should take into account that she may not have total control of her emotions, and that she is not fully matured in an emotional way. You have to, well handle her like a child in some respects. Not as a sex toy.

Besides she was fucking nuts.

Cheesehead Craig
07-09-2009, 01:31 PM

Wait, aren't you Nutz, or is there another one out there?

ThunderDan
07-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Maybe when a 37(?) year old man decides that it is a good idea for him to date a 20 year old woman, maybe he should take into account that she may not have total control of her emotions, and that she is not fully matured in an emotional way. You have to, well handle her like a child in some respects. Not as a sex toy.

You were sleeping with her also??

KYPack
07-09-2009, 03:04 PM
Besides she was fucking nuts[/b].

You were sleeping with her also??

He is Nutz

She was nuts.

MadScientist
07-09-2009, 03:19 PM

There are women who are in total control of their emotions and fully matured in an emotional way? :lol:

woodbuck27
07-09-2009, 04:13 PM

Crazy. Scary.

Way beyond brutal. The lesson here is you better know what your getting yourself 'really' into before you indulge an affair.

Steve McNair by all reports otherwise lived an exemplary life. A solid citizen by the reports I read. A real sad mess.

MJZiggy
07-09-2009, 05:53 PM

There are women who are in total control of their emotions and fully matured in an emotional way? :lol:

Oh shut up... :butt:

Bretsky
07-09-2009, 06:21 PM

Yes, in MARS

Rastak
07-09-2009, 07:06 PM

Oh shut up... :butt:

That is a compelling argument Zig...... :D

j/k!

He sort of has a point though..... :twisted:

MadScientist
07-09-2009, 10:01 PM

Yes, in MARS

No Vulcan -
"Mr. Spock, the women of Vulcan are logical. Thats the only planet in the galaxy that can make that claim" - James T. Kirk

Back to the less light-hearted topic, if that woman had some clear thinking ability, she could have just told McNair that she's had it with being strung along, and he now needs to get her out of financial trouble or she'll go have a little heart ot heart with his wife.