PDA

View Full Version : I've cancelled my JSOnline subscription

AtlPackFan
07-06-2009, 02:22 PM
Just a quick thanks to you all. I learn a lot more about what is happening with the Packers in this forum than I ever did from JSOnline so I decided not to re-up. Besides, JSOnline wasn't the same since Cliffy left.

Kiwon
07-06-2009, 02:29 PM
:tup: Good move!

Fritz
07-06-2009, 03:52 PM
And we have Cleft Crusty anyway!

packers11
07-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Aside from all the crazy Favre talk lately, this place is awesome for news / stats on the packers...

A lot of the posters know what they are talking about and take the time to do research to back up a lot of their arguments...

I can't wait until the season gets back in full swing and more packer talk comes back, I tend not to check as much right now with all the Favre shit going on...

Once training camp starts... This is really a good place for information, some posters even go to the practices and take really good observations on players and awesome photos...

woodbuck27
07-06-2009, 06:09 PM
Aside from all the crazy Favre talk lately, this place is awesome for news / stats on the packers...

A lot of the posters know what they are talking about and take the time to do research to back up a lot of their arguments...

I can't wait until the season gets back in full swing and more packer talk comes back, I tend not to check as much right now with all the Favre shit going on...

Once training camp starts... This is really a good place for information, some posters even go to the practices and take really good observations on players and awesome photos...

Yup. Except for the battles over to or not to hate Favre and all the insults that causes this forum is solid.

I'm not sure if it will run this season but if it does I recommend the Pro PickEm to anyone. It's a great way to help you enjoy the NFL and allow for some focus on things going on around the league. An educational tool of sorts.

cpk1994
07-06-2009, 06:40 PM

Yup. Except for the battles over to or not to hate Favre and all the insults that causes this forum is solid.

I'm not sure if it will run this season but if it does I recommend the Pro PickEm to anyone. It's a great way to help you enjoy the NFL and allow for some focus on things going on around the league. An educational tool of sorts.That couldn't possibly be becuase you run it, now could it? :wink:

woodbuck27
07-06-2009, 06:43 PM

I'm not sure if it will run this season but if it does I recommend the Pro PickEm to anyone. It's a great way to help you enjoy the NFL and allow for some focus on things going on around the league. An educational tool of sorts.That couldn't possibly be becuase you run it, now could it? :wink:

Get your facts straight. Your wet as usual cpk1994.

retailguy
07-06-2009, 07:44 PM
That couldn't possibly be becuase you run it, now could it? :wink:

Numb ran it last year, and 007 in years prior... Woody participated, but surely did not have anything to do with running it.

cpk1994
07-06-2009, 09:28 PM

Get your facts straight. Your wet as usual cpk1994.Sorry. I just remembered all the cmments you made at the Pick em(You were basically the only one) site and thought you were the one that ran it. :oops:

MJZiggy
07-07-2009, 05:06 AM
No, he just happened to be winning at the time...:mrgreen:

Buck takes his pick 'em VERY seriously.

Zool
07-07-2009, 09:31 AM
Puh leeze...the Fantasy League is where its at. Look for signs of the league coming soon to a Fantasy Forum near you.

KYPack
07-07-2009, 11:00 AM

Numb ran it last year, and 007 in years prior... Woody participated, but surely did not have anything to do with running it.

CPK, try to hit the brain button before operating the mouth switch, willya? Everybody makes mistakes, but there was NO NEED for a snotty comment (again) like that shit.

Numby or 007, will you lead us into pick'em battle again?

Rastak
07-07-2009, 11:21 AM

CPK, try to hit the brain button before operating the mouth switch, willya? Everybody makes mistakes, but there was NO NEED for a snotty comment (again) like that shit.

Also that Survival league, which is also fun as hell!

bobblehead
07-07-2009, 12:48 PM
strange...in 2007 I cancelled the credit card I used to get my JSO acct. I didn't intend to resubscribe anyway. Strangely I still have access today.

SkinBasket
07-07-2009, 12:59 PM
strange...in 2007 I cancelled the credit card I used to get my JSO acct. I didn't intend to resubscribe anyway. Strangely I still have access today.

I've never subscribed and I have access too. Not the same access as you, but access nonetheless.

Guiness
07-07-2009, 01:43 PM

Piss off. I was out week 1 when the Colts laid an egg.

It was NOT fun.

:lol:

Cleft Crusty
07-07-2009, 08:35 PM
I cancelled my subscription as well. I still enjoy reading Bob McGinn, but not for more than 50 cents a week. Plus, I have a bone to pick with JSonline - being semi retired, they cancelled my prescription drug benefit and I typically reach the Medicare D doughnut hole sometime in February. Good thing I have lots of GM stock to cash in to pay for all my meds.

MJZiggy
07-07-2009, 08:40 PM

Piss off. I was out week 1 when the Colts laid an egg.

It was NOT fun.

:lol:

I think I made it to week 2 when I forgot to pick. :oops:

cpk1994
07-07-2009, 09:16 PM

Numby or 007, will you lead us into pick'em battle again?Apparently you missed the wink emoticon as I was clearly making a joke about Woody shamelssly shilling and me thinking he ran the thing. You need to come off your high horse.

retailguy
07-07-2009, 09:57 PM
Apparently you missed the wink emoticon as I was clearly making a joke about Woody shamelssly shilling and me thinking he ran the thing. You need to come off your high horse.

I think this is the perfect example of what you've done to yourself CPK. Maybe you should quit making jokes or sarcastic comments for a while. KY hardly is ever on a high horse, and I've found him to be a really nice guy.

While I recognize you probably don't like what I have to say either, you aren't going to get past this by telling people to 'get off their high horse'. I'd suck it up and move on. But that's just me.

GrnBay007
07-07-2009, 10:09 PM

Numb started the pick'em almost, if not all years.

Survival was my lil baby. :D

I think it would be cool to have a little box somewhere on the homepage with the weekly stats of both pools. Maybe not ALL stats but top 10 would be fun.

Deputy Nutz
07-08-2009, 09:10 AM
I love Ky's high horse, I have named him "Skippy".

GBRulz
07-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Normally I had a blast playing FF, but last year I was in a division with people who took it waaaayyy too seriously. So much drama it would make Lifetime look like Comedy Central. Anyhow, if I had a suggestion for FF, it would be to keep the die-hards separate from who just wanting to have fun.

Survival is where it's at :lol:

KYPack
07-08-2009, 10:09 AM
I love Ky's high horse, I have named him "Skippy".

Oh, OK. I didn't realize I was in a fight here. Guess I better wake up and fight back.

My first move in a battle is always to see if you can kick 'em in the Nutz. (save that thumb in the eye or a bite of the nose for a "finish".) But, Nutz ya got me. However, you stole that "Skippy" line from Ron White.

CP, I missed the emoticon. But I quote a line from the great Nutz himself, "emoticons are for wimps". Evidently, I'm running with the greatest practioners of sarcasm and satire since Jonathon Swift. When all you humorists are at your best, your comments seem to go right over my head. I'm on a high horse? I really don't know about that shit. It seems to me that quite a few posters on here would be killed or maimed by a fall off their steed. Me?, I'm right back in the saddle. My mount is donkey or jack-ass sized, IMHO.

Yeah, Survival. I love that derned game, but I don't do worth a shit at it. How in the hell did the Redskins lose to the sorry-assed Rams at home last year? Do it again 007, that game is fun.

A little scoreboard to show the standings each week? Yeah, that would be cool. Just don't post it when I'm down or have a shitty week.

SkinBasket
07-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Normally I had a blast playing FF, but last year I was in a division with people who took it waaaayyy too seriously. So much drama it would make Lifetime look like Comedy Central. Anyhow, if I had a suggestion for FF, it would be to keep the die-hards separate from who just wanting to have fun.

That's not a fair summary of the rest of the FF league. The only drama created was when you and your trading partner tried to complete a trade that everyone else in the league, on this board, and anywhere else, considered lopsided. Considering one team was in the basement and one team was vying for a play-off spot and the trade favored the latter, people quite rightly vetoed the trade. Then you two went all bezerko, claiming sexism and all kinds of other BS that didn't address the fact the trade was ridiculous at best. But I agree, and I think Zool mentioned last year, that we needed to make a casual league for people who want to make wacky trades or fill their roster with white players or players who's last names all start with W or whatever other crazy ideas cross their mind during the season.

Claiming the division ruined your "fun" by not allowing a trade (which was very thoroughly analyzed as bogus by several people inside and outside our division) that would have affected several other players negatively is a bit selfish though. The bigger problem was the annual drop-outs who, despite warnings of bodily harm and forum humiliation, abandoned their team - one after like 3 weeks.

mraynrand
07-08-2009, 11:06 AM
Evidently, I'm running with the greatest practioners of sarcasm and satire since Jonathon Swift.

"Thus finishing his grand Survey,
Disgusted Strephon stole away
Repeating in his amorous Fits,
Oh! Celia, Celia, Celia shits! "

KYPack
07-08-2009, 12:02 PM
Evidently, I'm running with the greatest practioners of sarcasm and satire since Jonathon Swift.

"Thus finishing his grand Survey,
Disgusted Strephon stole away
Repeating in his amorous Fits,
Oh! Celia, Celia, Celia shits! "

A very modest proposal, indeed, MRD.

Fritz
07-08-2009, 12:17 PM
I thought it Brobdignagian, meself.

GBRulz
07-08-2009, 12:58 PM

That's not a fair summary of the rest of the FF league. The only drama created was when you and your trading partner tried to complete a trade that everyone else in the league, on this board, and anywhere else, considered lopsided. Considering one team was in the basement and one team was vying for a play-off spot and the trade favored the latter, people quite rightly vetoed the trade. Then you two went all bezerko, claiming sexism and all kinds of other BS that didn't address the fact the trade was ridiculous at best. But I agree, and I think Zool mentioned last year, that we needed to make a casual league for people who want to make wacky trades or fill their roster with white players or players who's last names all start with W or whatever other crazy ideas cross their mind during the season.

Claiming the division ruined your "fun" by not allowing a trade (which was very thoroughly analyzed as bogus by several people inside and outside our division) that would have affected several other players negatively is a bit selfish though. The bigger problem was the annual drop-outs who, despite warnings of bodily harm and forum humiliation, abandoned their team - one after like 3 weeks.

People were getting irritated about things in that division long before that trade situation that you had a hissy fit over. If I remember correctly, there was another scenario going on that was attempting to knock 007 out, too.

You were always bitching about something whether it was telling people to set their fucking rosters 4 days in advance or complaining that you couldn't log in to the draft because of whatever reason, etc.

Drama and arguments involving the mighty Skinbasket. Gee, now there's a shocker. I guess on this one, we'll just have to agree on one thing....that we need a casual league and a prima donna league :P

Deputy Nutz
07-08-2009, 02:10 PM

People were getting irritated about things in that division long before that trade situation that you had a hissy fit over. If I remember correctly, there was another scenario going on that was attempting to knock 007 out, too.

You were always bitching about something whether it was telling people to set their fucking rosters 4 days in advance or complaining that you couldn't log in to the draft because of whatever reason, etc.

Drama and arguments involving the mighty Skinbasket. Gee, now there's a shocker. I guess on this one, we'll just have to agree on one thing....that we need a casual league and a prima donna league :P

Or maybe we need a MAN'S League, and a GIRLY League. Outside of that I agree, Skinbasket is a complainer and takes all the fun out of everything.

SkinBasket
07-08-2009, 03:32 PM

Maybe you should reread those threads before you start throwing accusations and labels around. I offered my view of the trade. Then several others agreed. You responded with nasty words and nastier suggestions of what we could do to ourselves. Yet somehow I'm the "prima donna" throwing a "hissy" fit?

I just think it's selfish and rude to accuse our entire division of some collusion against the two women playing considering the absurd reasoning behind not only "the trade," the litany of accusations that followed, and your efforts to submarine your own team to make a point and ruin the experience for the rest of the people involved.

I guess it's easy to use me as some kind of foil and blame me for things that never happened, but going back through the thread doesn't really paint you in a very flattering, or sane, light.

More importantly, I would encourage everyone who wants to play this year to play. And same as last year, I would encourage anyone who's not going to take the 30 seconds to set your roster per week and respect the other players in your division not to bother if you're just going to bail on the division after your first two game losing streak. It's a game and it's supposed to be fun. But when you decide you're not going to play anymore because you suck, it selfishly ruins the experience for everyone else. That's all I ever asked. That if you sign up, you play. You don't have to be good. Having common courtesy is much more important. I guess that became a problem for some people.