PDA

View Full Version : Favre Buys Home in MN !!

Packers4Ever
07-06-2009, 05:29 PM
Just saw it on FOX (?) that Brett Favre has put down $30,000 on a Condo in MN. Don't know where just yet, More details coming in.

woodbuck27
07-06-2009, 05:32 PM
Just saw it on FOX (?) that Brett Favre has put down $30,000 on a Condo in MN. Don't know where just yet, More details coming in.

A 'most watched' sports Pro. I'd hate that part of his life.

Packers4Ever
07-06-2009, 05:47 PM
I think we all would, Woody,
Still waiting for more info...

Rastak
07-06-2009, 05:57 PM

The guy that reported it is a pretty cool dude but he's wrong about 60% of the time. He did correctly report Favre's arm surgery though.

The rumor, and that is all it is, is that it's in Edina MN which isn;t too far form Winter Park, the Vikings headquarters.

Either way, the Favre-o-meter is now at 99%. I created the Favre-o-meter at work and told my co-workers this spring that it was 30% it would happen.....it's gone up since then.

Packers4ever, you sound pretty damn exited!

woodbuck27
07-06-2009, 06:02 PM

The guy that reported it is a pretty cool dude but he's wrong about 60% of the time. He did correctly report Favre's arm surgery though.

The rumor, and that is all it is, is that it's in Edina MN which isn;t too far form Winter Park, the Vikings headquarters.

Either way, the Favre-o-meter is now at 99%. I created the Favre-o-meter at work and told my co-workers this spring that it was 30% it would happen.....it's gone up since then.

Rastak. He's so very close to being the ' All Time All Position ' leader in concecutive starts. I've always only imagined he could achieve that one.

Maybe it's really close?

SMACKTALKIE
07-06-2009, 06:19 PM
50th and France. Pretty nice area.

I guess the "nice area" part is a no brainer.

It's a yuppie-ish area of town.

woodbuck27
07-06-2009, 06:20 PM
This is what your going to get Viking fans. Not too bad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63GdTSKejX8&feature=fvw

and all this experience:

Packer and Viking fans will never forget play #5 fr. a famous finish on Monday Night football:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnxN-oSaMWo&feature=related

and Viking fans will be getting this attitude and guts from the best football player ( overall ) I've ever seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO8MbFBW1m8&feature=related

Packers4Ever
07-06-2009, 06:39 PM

Thanks for the info, Rastak, I was suspicious this would be another dud.
We're lucky to have you over there to check these things out for us ! :D
Keep the Favre-o-meter going !

Rastak
07-06-2009, 06:42 PM

Rastak. He's so very close to being the ' All Time All Position ' leader in concecutive starts. I've always only imagined he could achieve that one.

Maybe it's really close?

Ironic as it is, he would pass Jim Marshall, the all time football iron man and Viking standout. I don't count that punter shit... :wink:

I'm split on what is more impressive, a QB or a lineman in the trenches everyday. QB's take some huge shots and they are a skill position so it's harder to hide an injury so I guess perhaps QB is the more impressive. I hate to have to admit that.

woodbuck27
07-06-2009, 06:46 PM

Maybe it's really close?

Ironic as it is, he would pass Jim Marshall, the all time football iron man and Viking standout. I don't count that punter shit... :wink:

I'm split on what is more impressive, a QB or a lineman in the trenches everyday. QB's take some huge shots and they are a skill position so it's harder to hide an injury so I guess perhaps QB is the more impressive. I hate to have to admit that.

Damn. Isn't that something!? It slipped my mind that it was Jim Marshall who holds that streak record Rastak.

HarveyWallbangers
07-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Close to my work. I think I'll go egg his house.

Rastak
07-06-2009, 07:33 PM

I'll cooperate with the police to see you prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

:wink:

Just kiddin HW.

So how is this Favre stuff playing out at your place of employment?

At mine, the Packer fans were dismayed then pissed. A couple of Viking fans are looking to use this to maximum effect in office trash talk but I have reservations and see this as a potential double edged sword in the trash talk department.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-06-2009, 07:53 PM

Accept google checkout? I'd like to pay for your first carton.

HarveyWallbangers
07-06-2009, 07:59 PM

There isn't much football talk. Two other nerds in my department are Packer fans, two are Viking fans, and the other five don't care. The Vikings fan that sits next to me is cool. He thinks the Vikings are jinxed and never gets too cocky.

Rastak
07-06-2009, 08:05 PM

There isn't much football talk. Two other nerds in my department are Packer fans, two are Viking fans, and the other five don't care. The Vikings fan that sits next to me is cool. He thinks the Vikings are jinxed and never gets too cocky.

We've got about 100 in the office I think and since it's close to the Wisc/Min border we have a 50/50 split so there's a ton of football talk to be had.

I agree with your co-worker on the jinxed thing but I keep trying to be supremely optimistic every damn year anyway.

PlantPage55
07-06-2009, 09:11 PM
My "Favre Watch" is currently dialed to this:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/files/u221/gun-to-head.jpg

Rastak
07-06-2009, 09:13 PM
My "Favre Watch" is currently dialed to this:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/files/u221/gun-to-head.jpg

I wouldn't suggest killing yourself over it dude....it's just a game and he's just a player soon to be buried in the dusty old record books.

PlantPage55
07-06-2009, 09:17 PM
I wouldn't suggest killing yourself over it dude....it's just a game and he's just a player soon to be buried in the dusty old record books.

:lol: I won't. It was just a little black humor.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-06-2009, 09:40 PM

:lol: I won't. It was just a little black humor.

Why you gotta be bringing race into this?

Lurker64
07-06-2009, 09:45 PM
With Favre's historic "good ol' boy" image, why the hell would he want to live right in the middle of probably the yuppiest place in the entire state of Minnesota?

You'd think a guy with Favre's coin would want to buy a place in North Oaks, or Bearpath, or a nice lakeside property on Harriet, Minnetonka, or of the Isles.

Partial
07-06-2009, 09:54 PM
30k down? Can't be too nice of a place. Plus, why isn't that honkey paying straight cash?

falco
07-06-2009, 10:04 PM
30k down? Can't be too nice of a place. Plus, why isn't that honkey paying straight cash?

I'm assuming by down they mean earnest money, not down payment....

The Shadow
07-06-2009, 10:11 PM
Kindly let us know when he buys a dog.

Freak Out
07-06-2009, 10:12 PM
How spendy is the Viking/Packer game going to get for us fans now? If he does sign and makes it through camp what the hell are we going to have to pay for the PR game this year? $500? Fuck me.....

Tyrone Bigguns
07-06-2009, 10:20 PM

Yeah, I'm sure it is a dump. Do you even think?

Yeah, why isn't he paying cash. :roll:

Packers4Ever
07-06-2009, 10:22 PM
This is simply the information we picked up on the network, CBS or ABC, whatever it was, that $30,000 was put down and it probably was earnest money. I doubt anyone at a lending agency/realty was terribly worried about the remainder, etc....

And since there's been no further information coming in that I've heard,
you have to wonder how much is true - if anything. Rastak, be sure to keep us notified of any changes on the Favre-o-meter, :wink:

cpk1994
07-06-2009, 10:29 PM
Close to my work. I think I'll go egg his house.Be sure to egg the ESPN trucks parked there too. :lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
07-06-2009, 10:32 PM
This is simply the information we picked up on the network, CBS or ABC, whatever it was, that $30,000 was put down and it probably was earnest money. I doubt anyone at a lending agency/realty was terribly worried about the remainder, etc....

And since there's been no further information coming in that I've heard,
you have to wonder how much is true - if anything. Rastak, be sure to keep us notified of any changes on the Favre-o-meter, :wink:

No, you interpreted the news. All that is said was that he put a deposit down...yet, you titled the thread "buying."

No one knows if he is buying...or just putting a deposit down on a condo so it doesn't get sold or rented.

Packers4Ever
07-06-2009, 10:36 PM
OK, new update - Tim Van Vooren of the NBC network, Milwaukee, just
reinforced what I heard this afternoon, that Favre did put down a
$30,000 deposit on a condo, but the location wasn't known - or given, anyway.

Also that he'd be having a press conf with the Vikings next week.

Packers4Ever
07-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Sorry, TB, if I misspoke or whatever, if someone puts $$ down,
I'm assuming it's towards a purchase - which is "buying" - right?

HowardRoark
07-06-2009, 10:44 PM
EDINA actually is an acronym: Every Day I Need Attention; sounds as though he found the right place to live.

http://www.barryberggroup.com/HomeDetail.aspx?ListingID=406636&ListingNum=21&SearchType=8

Tyrone Bigguns
07-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Sorry, TB, if I misspoke or whatever, if someone puts $$ down,
I'm assuming it's towards a purchase - which is "buying" - right?

That is a big assumption. Many wealthy people don't buy....look at MJ..he was renting that mansion in LA.

He may well just rent a condo or mansion for the year. Ty doesn't know.

What ty does know is that CV is that you don't sell within a year...so, would that mean he was planning on multiple seasons?

MJZiggy
07-07-2009, 05:10 AM
Kindly let us know when he buys a dog.

Why? You planning on taking the thing out? :)

He already has a dog. Don't you remember the press watch and family photos with the puppy?

GrnBay007
07-07-2009, 08:57 AM
How spendy is the Viking/Packer game going to get for us fans now? If he does sign and makes it through camp what the hell are we going to have to pay for the PR game this year? $500? Fuck me.....

$300 + right now and he hasn't even signed yet.....

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20090706/PKR01/307060111/1058&referrer=NEWSFRONTCAROUSEL

SMACKTALKIE
07-07-2009, 11:24 AM

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20090706/PKR01/307060111/1058&referrer=NEWSFRONTCAROUSEL

Single game tickets will go on sale the 20th of this month. There will most likely be a large line to buy and you will have to buy a Chiefs preseason ticket along with the Packer ticket.

Otherwise you should hope you have a friend like mine. He's willing to part ways with his lower level tickets for a mere $250.00 a crack. :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
07-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Single game tickets will go on sale the 20th of this month. There will most likely be a large line to buy and you will have to buy a Chiefs preseason ticket along with the Packer ticket.

Otherwise you should hope you have a friend like mine. He's willing to part ways with his lower level tickets for a mere $250.00 a crack. :lol:

I think she's talking about the game at Lambeau. That's when people voted to have the PR game.

Bossman641
07-07-2009, 12:16 PM
With Favre's historic "good ol' boy" image, why the hell would he want to live right in the middle of probably the yuppiest place in the entire state of Minnesota?

I think we can throw that "good ol' boy" stuff out the window.

Deputy Nutz
07-07-2009, 12:24 PM

I think she's talking about the game at Lambeau. That's when people voted to have the PR game.

Did we really vote on that, or did Madtown in all his furious rage push that date on us?

Anyways, this also happens to be the same weekend of the Wisconsin Melon Tasting Tour, how convienent. The tour will be leaving some where around Madison, and entering Green Bay sometime before the game.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-07-2009, 02:43 PM

Ty thinks you don't know what a yuppie is.

MadScientist
07-07-2009, 02:45 PM
Punters don't count, nobody starts the game off with a punt :)

Both are impressive. Linemen are somewhat less likely to have a single injury knock them out, but holding up against other 300 lbs monsters really takes its toll over time. The QB spot used to be near impossible to have a long streak, but the new rules have helped a lot. Manning has also obliterated Jaws' old record, and Brady came close.

Thinking of the curse comment, is there any specific reason for the Vikings to be cursed (other than by a million Packer fans twice a year).

GBRulz
07-08-2009, 09:53 AM

I'm renting my house out for $300 a night :lol:

Fritz
07-08-2009, 10:00 AM
If he does end up doing this and renting a condo, how's he gonna get his sitting-on-the-lawn-tractor jollies?

If I were a lawn care place in the area, I'd offer to let him come mow a few lawns - and I'd let him do it for free! Plus give him my best riding 360 degree mower!

SMACKTALKIE
07-08-2009, 11:36 AM

Right..... because I'm sure he was living in the sticks while he played for the Packers. Or maybe a multi million dollar home.

He's been living in the lap of luxury since before you called him a good ol boy.

Zool
07-08-2009, 12:14 PM

Right..... because I'm sure he was living in the sticks while he played for the Packers. Or maybe a multi million dollar home.

He's been living in the lap of luxury since before you called him a good ol boy.

Did you ever think you would be defending Brett Favre?

Fritz
07-08-2009, 12:19 PM

Get used to it, Smackie.

First time Favre throws a dart between three defenders for a TD and goes running down the field, get right on that and post the youtube link before Favre throws one into the arms of the opposing linebacker...

You'll love him and hate him.

SMACKTALKIE
07-08-2009, 02:27 PM

Get used to it, Smackie.

First time Favre throws a dart between three defenders for a TD and goes running down the field, get right on that and post the youtube link before Favre throws one into the arms of the opposing linebacker...

You'll love him and hate him.

Zool, how dare you point out that my hell has frozen over.

Fritz, I've always loved and hated him.

:? :? :?

mraynrand
07-08-2009, 02:40 PM
If he does end up doing this and renting a condo, how's he gonna get his sitting-on-the-lawn-tractor jollies?

If I were a lawn care place in the area, I'd offer to let him come mow a few lawns - and I'd let him do it for free! Plus give him my best riding 360 degree mower!

http://www.packerpalace.com/blog/images/brettjet-mower.jpg

Bretsky
07-08-2009, 05:28 PM

IF ten of us rent it do you mind if we bring back a few from the Oval Office plus the caramel girl :?: :twisted:

Freak Out
07-08-2009, 05:50 PM

IF ten of us rent it do you mind if we bring back a few from the Oval Office plus the caramel girl :?: :twisted:

$300 a night is a nice deal if we fill the place...we could charge a cover to watch the girl on girl action Bretsky organizes to cover the cost of the place plus beer.

MJZiggy
07-08-2009, 05:57 PM

$300 a night is a nice deal if we fill the place...we could charge a cover to watch the girl on girl action Bretsky organizes to cover the cost of the place plus beer.

The EC can stay at the hotel with me while you boys get your jollies with women who won't have anything to do with you.

Bossman641
07-09-2009, 06:41 AM

My comment regarding him being a good ol boy had nothing to do with his houses. It was in regards to how he has acted over the past 2 years - from his aw shucks attitude to the media game, lies, and other BS he has pulled.

Fritz
07-09-2009, 08:41 AM

The EC can stay at the hotel with me while you boys get your jollies with women who won't have anything to do with you.

Maybe Bretsky is like Chauncy the gardener in "Being There". "I like to watch."

Are you intimating, MJ, that the EC will be hosting boys who will want something to do with you all...? Or are you gonna watch some hot boy-on-boy action? :)

Harlan Huckleby
07-09-2009, 10:07 AM
I'm renting myself out for $300 a night :lol:

:shock:

woodbuck27
07-09-2009, 04:52 PM

Hey M. charge as much as you'd really like to get. You'll get more than double $300.00 for a joke. That Monday Night showdown will be unbelievably wild if Favre is the Viking starting QB. A huge game in Packers history.

woodbuck27
07-09-2009, 04:56 PM

MJ ZAPS through another one. Good stuff Ziggy. :lol:

MJZiggy
07-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Maybe Bretsky is like Chauncy the gardener in "Being There". "I like to watch."

Are you intimating, MJ, that the EC will be hosting boys who will want something to do with you all...? Or are you gonna watch some hot boy-on-boy action? :)

First no, we will not as the willing will all be trying to get stripper attention anyway and second, I've never seen the sense to watching people who don't even want my gender much less me...(Bretsky, please refer to my list of required body parts...)