PDA

View Full Version : UFC 100

Brando19
07-10-2009, 09:40 PM
I'm pumped. I'm not going to order it b/c it's $45.....but I'm going to try and watch it over the internet. Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir is going to be awesome....I think Lesnar will knock him out in the second round, though.

Brando19
07-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Speaking of UFC....check out this creepy video of Rampage Jackson. He's getting interviewed by an attractive woman...and he tries to be funny, but it becomes weird very quick.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/07/10/rampage-gets-randy-humps-reporter-auto-p/

SnakeLH2006
07-11-2009, 12:29 AM
Rampage is a weird ass fuck! Can't believe Donte got 24 days, but his dude seriously hurt some preggo driving all weird. But, sobeit...Snake is a HUGE UFC/Lesnar fan....love his harcore Redneck hate (beat peeps cuz I can) persona.....

Check it out tommorrow nite for free LIVE on Justin.tv ....Just saying. I like Mir, but if he wins (Lesnar) wait for round 3. Biggest PPV EVER.

SkinBasket
07-11-2009, 08:58 AM
http://www.joehandpromotions.com/locations.html

List of places showing the fights. At least around here, a good portion of them are not 21+ if that's an issue for anyone. The list is about 5x larger than any other UFC event before.

Brando19
07-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Thanks guys. I'll definitely be searching those places. I wish Forest Griffin was fighting...but Lesnar makes up for it.

Kiwon
07-11-2009, 12:20 PM
The broadcast is FREE in Korea. Can't wait!

Mir-Lesnar II - Can Mir pull off another upset? It would be cool if he did and sent the heavyweight division into disarray before Lesnar begins a long dominent run.

GSP - Always cool to watch.

Korean fighter Dong Hyun Kim - It would be good to see an entertaining fight this time. The Asian market is huge and loaded with talented fighters. Develop a following and UFC will have solid talent to mine for years.

Kiwon
07-11-2009, 11:24 PM
Lesnar is a classless clown.

He's the champ but he's more sideshow than anything else.

Brando19
07-11-2009, 11:25 PM
Total freakin' domination. Mir didn't hit Lesnar one time. Mir's face looked like Manny Ramirez went to town on it with a bat. Lesnar dominated and noone can beat him now. Total domination.

SnakeLH2006
07-12-2009, 02:42 AM
Wow that was some good ass stuff.

Snake only cared about 2 fights and loved it.

First off to anyone who watches the Ultimate Fighter show (Bisping talked all this shit all season, Henderson just was like whatever..I'll beat him up).

Damn did he EVER. Watch that knockout shot at 1:15...Fucking wow. Gets redemption as the US got whooped on the reality show, but Big Dan just cleaned his clock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2iDGFN0-co

As far as Brock, I dunno. It's tough, I love Frank Mir, but who in the hell is gonna fight Lesnar now? He dominated him again, but this time he won. Holy hell did he beat up Mir. 285lbs. 4.6 40 (with the Vikes) and just a physical beast.

Personally, Lesnar is a dick, but at least he was classy after the win :roll:

-flicking off the crowd booing
-saying he rammed a horseshoe over Mir's head for talking shit
-saying he was gonna drink some Coors Lites, and fuck Budweiser
-then saying he was gonna bang his wife tonite.

LOL, at least Sable is super uber hot even at 41. Her first Playboy issue was the best ever.

Who's next Fedor? Lesnar might be a redneck asshole bully x10, but damn, he's a BEASTMAN!! Love it.

Maybe Bobby Lashley the other former WWE guy who wants to fight Lesnar signs up for UFC now. He's 4-0 (same size/speed as Lesnar), has the same college wrestling resume, and just wasted 300 lb. + Bob the Beast Sapp on a different promotion a week or 2 ago. I'm sure it will happen in the next year. Those guys are the same age/size/skill set, except Brock gets the edge as he's about the meanest SOB Snake has seen in MMA or boxing EVER. Wow.

Kiwon
07-12-2009, 04:06 AM
Just curious...how much money did Lesnar make for UFC 100?

Is it a set amount or part of the gate and PPV?

SnakeLH2006
07-12-2009, 04:22 AM
Just curious...how much money did Lesnar make for UFC 100?

Is it a set amount or part of the gate and PPV?

No numbers are final for a few weeks, but Lesnar's pay is set yearly (prob. several millions at a base rate) no matter what even he doesn't fight (gets hurt, etc), then when they fight, they get major cuts vs. what the PPV brings in/gate. I'm sure Brock made several million for this fight as it was shown since he joined UFC that his fights brought the UFC PPV's the most money in the history of MMA. Chuck Liddell is my hero, but Brock is kinda like Mike Tyson in his heyday....made everyone money, talked the talk, then walked it convincingly....Dana White is doing major bumps of Peruvian white as we speak nailing 5 top-flight Vegas showgirls going ass-to-mouth (there ya go Skin.......I said it, lol) swimming in a bed of cash. UFC without dispute overtook boxing no doubt at this point. Lesnar used to make $8 million a year with WWE before he left with PPV's and his base rate of $4 million. I'm sure he makes similar now yearly in the fastest growing sport in all of sports. UFC is just as good/exciting as the NFL for many, including Snake. Dude made mega millions tonite in endorsements, future gate revenue. Dude is a fucking beast with some real personality (albeit a cocky redneck a-hole) but sobeit. Dude is swimming in cash and gets to bang Sable. Lucky fucking bastard.... :lol:

Fosco33
07-12-2009, 10:27 AM
If you watched the undercard (Belcher) - his coach, Duke Roufus, is pretty famous in Muay Thai/K1 and in Milwaukee. I used to train with him in 98/99/2000 with some bad asses from Thailand. Belcher didn't win the fight - but I didn't think the split was even close (nor did the announcers or Duke). They gave it to the emerging Japanese star - maybe for some growth/business purpose.

As MMA and UFC go mainstream, I dread the day when the scorecard is influenced by anything except the men in the ring - a la boxing.

Loved the Henderson KO - and the added 'love tap' at the end.

Brock is a weird dude - but a monster and effectively kicked the shit out of Mir. But Brock won't fight 3Xs a year and he's pretty limited outside of lunchboxes and NCAA wrestling moves. Mir is a cocky little shit - kinda glad he got whooped.

GSP looked all around solid again.

VegasPackFan
07-12-2009, 11:41 AM
These fighters dont make what you think they do. I was reading some recaps last night and one site had the payouts. I believe both Lesnar and GSP were paid $400k for the fight and $200k bonus for the wins.

UFC needs characters and drama to draw fan interest, and Lesnar is a willing villain. He is MONEY for them, absolute money.

Kiwon
07-12-2009, 12:27 PM
Comment: I loved the corner cam of GSP's team between rounds.

They have their act together and it was cool to see GSP follow the advice of his trainer to the letter. Very impressive group.

I hope the heavyweight division will find its own GSP very soon.

Question: I didn't catch Lesnar's beer comment clearly. Did he throw down on Miller Lite because they would not sponser him? Is that what he said? Surely, he didn't target Bud Light, a UFC sponser, did he?

VegasPackFan
07-12-2009, 01:24 PM
He said he was going to go home and hang out with his friends, drink a COORS LIGHT because Bud Light (looking down and pointing to the logo on the mat) wont pay him any money, and then heck, he might even get on top of my wife tonight too.

It was classic.

Kiwon
07-12-2009, 01:32 PM
He said he was going to go home and hang out with his friends, drink a COORS LIGHT because Bud Light (looking down and pointing to the logo on the mat) wont pay him any money, and then heck, he might even get on top of my wife tonight too.

It was classic.

Got it.

I just read where Dana White read him the riot act and he apologized (somewhat) postfight for his antics. - "I apologize to Bud Light. I’m not biased, I drink any beer.” :)

TMI about his home life. That's not an image I want in my mind. The guy reminds me of a hippo.

But the guy's a cash hippo for the UFC. Dana White's a smart guy bringing him in.

Lesnar - Fedor / Lesnar - Mir III - that's two future fights that should rake in the money.

VegasPackFan
07-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Good one.

I think that Lesnar is going to pave the way for a lot of the guys that are in WWE who have real wrestling experience and skills to get into a real sport instead of entertainment.

Brando19
07-12-2009, 02:34 PM

First off to anyone who watches the Ultimate Fighter show (Bisping talked all this shit all season, Henderson just was like whatever..I'll beat him up).

Damn did he EVER. Watch that knockout shot at 1:15...Fucking wow. Gets redemption as the US got whooped on the reality show, but Big Dan just cleaned his clock:

As far as Brock, I dunno. It's tough, I love Frank Mir, but who in the hell is gonna fight Lesnar now? He dominated him again, but this time he won. Holy hell did he beat up Mir. 285lbs. 4.6 40 (with the Vikes) and just a physical beast.

LOL, at least Sable is super uber hot even at 41. Her first Playboy issue was the best ever.

Who's next Fedor? Lesnar might be a redneck asshole bully x10, but damn, he's a BEASTMAN!! Love it.

Maybe Bobby Lashley the other former WWE guy who wants to fight Lesnar signs up for UFC now. He's 4-0 (same size/speed as Lesnar), has the same college wrestling resume, and just wasted 300 lb. + Bob the Beast Sapp on a different promotion a week or 2 ago. I'm sure it will happen in the next year. Those guys are the same age/size/skill set, except Brock gets the edge as he's about the meanest SOB Snake has seen in MMA or boxing EVER. Wow.
I think Lesnar would absolutely CRUSH Lashley in the first round. Lashley is a beast, as well...and I was a fan of his in the WWE (an ex Marine)...but he's not in Lesnar's league. I would like to see Lesnar/Kimbo Slice. That would draw alot of money. I just don't see anyone defeating Lesnar for a few years. VICIOUS ground and pound. Mir never stood a chance.
Maybe Rampage Jackson could move up a weight class....or Forrest Griffin...he won't back down from any fight and isn't satisfied until he's bleeding from ten different places on his head. Lesnar rules.

Brando19
07-12-2009, 02:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ7pBfSe9eU

Alot of trash talking before the fight. Lesnar didn't even tap gloves with Mir.

SkinBasket
07-12-2009, 09:08 PM
If you watched the undercard (Belcher) - his coach, Duke Roufus, is pretty famous in Muay Thai/K1 and in Milwaukee. I used to train with him in 98/99/2000 with some bad asses from Thailand. Belcher didn't win the fight - but I didn't think the split was even close (nor did the announcers or Duke). They gave it to the emerging Japanese star - maybe for some growth/business purpose.

As MMA and UFC go mainstream, I dread the day when the scorecard is influenced by anything except the men in the ring - a la boxing.

Loved the Henderson KO - and the added 'love tap' at the end.

Brock is a weird dude - but a monster and effectively kicked the shit out of Mir. But Brock won't fight 3Xs a year and he's pretty limited outside of lunchboxes and NCAA wrestling moves. Mir is a cocky little shit - kinda glad he got whooped.

GSP looked all around solid again.

You're an OG MMA guy then. That's pretty fucking awesome.

I didn't see the Belcher fight the same way. I thought it could have gone either way, or in other words, no one really won the fight. Dana tells the guys, don't leave it up to the fucking judges.

Brock is funny for a total meat head. "I might even get on top of my wife tonight." What's not to love?

Deputy Nutz
07-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Comment: I loved the corner cam of GSP's team between rounds.

They have their act together and it was cool to see GSP follow the advice of his trainer to the letter. Very impressive group.

I hope the heavyweight division will find its own GSP very soon.

Question: I didn't catch Lesnar's beer comment clearly. Did he throw down on Miller Lite because they would not sponser him? Is that what he said? Surely, he didn't target Bud Light, a UFC sponser, did he?

Greg Jackson is a hell of trainer.

Deputy Nutz
07-12-2009, 10:09 PM

I think Lesnar would absolutely CRUSH Lashley in the first round. Lashley is a beast, as well...and I was a fan of his in the WWE (an ex Marine)...but he's not in Lesnar's league. I would like to see Lesnar/Kimbo Slice. That would draw alot of money. I just don't see anyone defeating Lesnar for a few years. VICIOUS ground and pound. Mir never stood a chance.
Maybe Rampage Jackson could move up a weight class....or Forrest Griffin...he won't back down from any fight and isn't satisfied until he's bleeding from ten different places on his head. Lesnar rules.

Lesnar has to cut at least 20 pounds to make 265. Jackson walks around at 225 and so does Forrest,

Randy weighed 226 when he fought Lesnar, and although Randy took him down and landed a few shots, it was like a grown man fighting a 10 year old.

Anyways, Shane Carwin, and Cain Velasquez are the two up and comers that I think could maybe last a round with Brock.

The only person I would take in a fight with Brock right now is Fedor.

Kiwon
07-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Anyways, Shane Carwin, and Cain Velasquez are the two up and comers that I think could maybe last a round with Brock.

Shane Carwin says he's ready.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AmpDuzogh2RVua26Wo00O8M9Eo14?slug=dw-brockcarwin071309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1149/3174809818_2f2a472032.jpg

SnakeLH2006
07-15-2009, 03:45 AM

Shane Carwin says he's ready.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AmpDuzogh2RVua26Wo00O8M9Eo14?slug=dw-brockcarwin071309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1149/3174809818_2f2a472032.jpg

Snake would love to see it. But he'd get killed by Lesnar. Fedor or broke. And just love Lesnar's salty dick REDNECK personanna. It's great. Fedor or bust.

And who's the guy to offer up that broke/fake twad Kimbo? What? Do you know that Dana hates him as a fake? And he is? No? Not only that but in Sept. he is just one of the 16 in the house for the Heavyweights on the new TUF for Spike? He has to win to get a shot and that would be a year from now unless he just PWNs all those guys and doubt it. What? Kimbo is a joke ass wannabe. Lashley at least beat some guys that can fight (Sapp 2 weeks ago) and not saying he's par with Lesnar, but no-one is right now?

Forrest Griffin (love the guy) but he's 225 ripped tops...he'd get owned in 1 min. with Lesnar at 285. What? Fedor or no one at this point.

SkinBasket
07-15-2009, 09:23 AM
More Dana white sassiness:

UK, July 14, 2009 - UFC president Dana White has said he is "at war" with EA and warned fighters hoping to appear in the publisher's forthcoming MMA title: "You won't be in the UFC."

The flamboyant head of the mixed martial arts organisation made the comments at a press conference after the UFC 100 event (reported by mmajunkie.com), confirming rumours we heard earlier this month.

It appears White is still bitter after EA turned down the chance to add a UFC game to its roster of sports titles. "EA Sports told us, 'You're not a real sport,'" explained White. "They wouldn't even take a meeting because mixed martial arts disgusted them... Boy, they got over that real quick, didn't they?"

The latest UFC game, a collaboration between UFC and THQ titled Undisputed 2009, has shipped around 2 million units since it went on sale in May, claims White.

EA has since announced its own MMA game, with former UFC World Champion Randy Couture already signed up to appear. While he has White's blessing, the UFC chief said other stars who got in bed with EA would be blacklisted.

"EA doesn't give f**k about mixed martial arts. They made that very clear," said White.

Kiwon
07-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Shaq's ready to take on Lesnar

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Dana-White-Shaq-wants-to-fight-Brock-Lesnar-?urn=nba,176709

Kiwon
07-15-2009, 03:25 PM
Info on UFC 100 salaries

UFC 100 fighters salaries: Lesnar and St-Pierre get top paydays in $1.8 million payroll

UFC 100's two successful title defenders, heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar and welterweight title-holder Georges St-Pierre, each earned event-high $400,000 paydays from the July 11 event.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today requested and received the list of official disclosed salaries from Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer.

UFC 100, which took place at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, had a total disclosed payroll of $1,790,000.

The payroll figure does not include a $400,000 that was awarded for "fight night" bonuses that were handed out after the event. Each award winner received a record $100,000.

UFC 100, the UFC's heavily promoted and long-awaited milestone event, drew a soldout crowd estimated at 11,000 and assuming the preliminary figures hold up the second-largest gate in UFC history with $5.1 million in ticket sales.

A few disclaimers regarding the salaries can be found below. However, it's also worth noting that fighters such as Lesnar and St. Pierre also earn a portion of the pay-per-view revenue. In fact, Lesnar reportedly will make approximately $3 million from the fight even before the majority of his sponsorship money is tallied.

The full payouts for the event included:

Jon Fitch: $90,000 (includes $45,000 win bonus)
def. Paulo Thiago: $8,000

Brock Lesnar: $400,000 (no win bonus)
def. Frank Mir: $45,000

Georges St-Pierre: $400,000 ($200,000 win bonus)
def. Thiago Alves: $60,000

Dan Henderson: $250,00 ($150,000 win bonus)
def. Michael Bisping: $150,000

Yoshihiro Akiyama: $60,000 ($20,000 win bonus)
def. Alan Belcher: $19,000

Mark Coleman: $100,000 ($50,000 win bonus)
def. Stephan Bonnar: $25,000

Jim Miller: $22,000 ($11,000 win bonus)
def. Mac Danzig: $20,000

Jon Jones: $18,000 ($9000 win bonus)
def. Jake O'Brien: $13,000

Dong Hyun Kim: $58,000 ($29,000 win bonus)
def. T.J. Grant: $5,000

Tom Lawlor: $16,000 ($8,000 win bonus)
def. C.B. Dollway: $14,000

Shannon Gugerty: $10,000 ($5,000 win bonus)
def. Matt Grice: $7,000

Now, the usual disclaimer: The figures do not include deductions for items such as insurance, licenses and taxes. Additionally, the figures do not include money paid by sponsors, which can oftentimes be a substantial portion of a fighter's income. They also do not include any other "locker room" or special bonuses the UFC oftentimes pays.

For example, as discussed above, the figures above do not include the UFC's traditional "fight night" bonuses. The UFC awarded $100,000 each to Akiyama and Belcher (Fight of the Night), Henderson (KO of the Night) and Lawlor (Submission of the Night).

In other words, the above salary figures are simply base salaries reported to the commission and do not reflect entire compensation packages for the event.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AhEBpJJU7SvMYwXxxCOuuSU9Eo14?slug=mmajun kie-UFC100_fighters_salaries&prov=mmajunkie&type=lgns

Brando19
07-19-2009, 05:30 PM
http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/07/19/ufc-101-video-forrest-griffin-vs-anderson-silva-an-opportunit/

UFC 101 Main event: Forrest Griffin vs Anderson Silva.

What a matchup! I believe Silva will knock him out...but I'll definitely be cheering Forrest on! It would be awesome for Griffin to come out of UFC 101 with a win over Silva. If that happens, Griffin should get a rematch with Rashad Evans. Can't wait.