PDA

View Full Version : Jennings on Favre's return: "I don't care"

CaptainD
07-11-2009, 12:35 PM
The man who caught Brett Favre's record setting touchdown pass number 421 has a healthy attitude regarding the potential return of his former quarterback to the NFC North.

"I don't care," Greg Jennings said after a workout earlier this week.

While that may be a tough outlook for the rest of Wisconsin to adopt, it's worth questioning whether Jennings even truly feels that way. He sounds rather happy the annual Favre drama is behind him.

"Last year we had a lot of 'What ifs?' That if was kind of floating around above everybody's head. But this year there is no doubt about who's the guy.

"We're coming in solid, everybody knows what to expect from everyone else and there's no excuse. I've said that all of minicamps, the OTAs and everything. There is no excuse this year. . . . It's all on us."

Jennings appears to realize that Favre's likely decision to play for the Vikings will not determine Green Bay's fate. The Packers have enough young talent hitting their prime to win the division.

And no matter annoying Favre's summer waffling has become, how can football fans not be intrigued by the compelling storylines his return would create?

"I'm like, 'Let him go.' To each his own," Jennings said to Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. "We're focused on what we're doing in Green Bay and if he shows up in that purple jersey then he's the enemy now."

Brando19
07-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Jennings probably feels the same way Minnesota's receivers will feel at the end of the year....glad he's gone.

woodbuck27
07-11-2009, 03:29 PM
As I recall it. Greg Jennings and Brett Favre got along extremely well. In his statement above. Greg Jennings takes the high road and a mature approach to what his team must do to improve upon a poor season in 2008.

It's not at all just about Favre and what his plans or hopes may be with the Minnesota Vikings. Greg Jennings hopes that his team will step up this season and regain the NFCN championship and prosper beyond that.

GO PACK GO!

packinpatland
07-11-2009, 03:53 PM
As I recall it. Greg Jennings and Brett Favre got along extremely well. In his statement above. Greg Jennings takes the high road and a mature approach to what his team must do to improve upon a poor season in 2008.

It's not at all just about Favre and what his plans or hopes may be with the Minnesota Vikings. Greg Jennings hopes that his team will step up this season and regain the NFCN championship and propper beyond that.

GO PACK GO!

That was an awfully nice way to put it.........I agree.

woodbuck27
07-11-2009, 04:12 PM

It's not at all just about Favre and what his plans or hopes may be with the Minnesota Vikings. Greg Jennings hopes that his team will step up this season and regain the NFCN championship and prosper beyond that.

GO PACK GO!

Jimx29
07-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Jennings probably feels the same way Minnesota's receivers will feel at the end of the year....glad he's gone.Wow....took all the way til first reply to add negativity :?

Tyrone Bigguns
07-11-2009, 04:29 PM
Ty thought the first negativity was from jennings.

Packnut
07-11-2009, 09:08 PM
Jennings understands what some of the people here just can't comprehend.

Packers4Ever
07-11-2009, 09:30 PM

:bclap:

ThunderDan
07-11-2009, 09:35 PM

Jennings played with Favre for 2 years.

I had Brett lead my team for 16 years and a Superbowl. I think I've invested a larger amount in Favre for a long period than Jennings.

ThunderDan
07-11-2009, 09:39 PM

I think he understands that Favre got his career started but Rodgers play last year got him $26 million.

Brando19
07-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Ty thought the first negativity was from jennings.

Same here.

gex
07-11-2009, 10:15 PM

It's not at all just about Favre and what his plans or hopes may be with the Minnesota Vikings. Greg Jennings hopes that his team will step up this season and regain the NFCN championship and propper beyond that.

GO PACK GO!

I agree, good post :D

gex
07-11-2009, 10:16 PM
Jennings probably feels the same way Minnesota's receivers will feel at the end of the year....glad he's gone.Wow....took all the way til first reply to add negativity :?

I agree, nothing positive added to the thread :cry:

Brando19
07-11-2009, 10:40 PM

The Man Is Going To Play FOOTBALL for the Green Bay Packers' rival!!! THE VIKINGS!!! WTF is wrong with you people? He is the enemy now!

esoxx
07-12-2009, 01:23 AM
"I don't care," Greg Jennings said after a workout earlier this week.

While that may be a tough outlook for the rest of Wisconsin to adopt, it's worth questioning whether Jennings even truly feels that way. He sounds rather happy the annual Favre drama is behind him.

"Last year we had a lot of 'What ifs?' That if was kind of floating around above everybody's head. But this year there is no doubt about who's the guy.

"We're coming in solid, everybody knows what to expect from everyone else and there's no excuse. I've said that all of minicamps, the OTAs and everything. There is no excuse this year. . . . It's all on us."

Psst...hey Greg. It was all on you last year. Remember?

Favre wasn't here so your excuse is lame.

Yes, it IS all on you this year. Just like last year. Please try to do better.

SnakeLH2006
07-12-2009, 02:57 AM

The Man Is Going To Play FOOTBALL for the Green Bay Packers' rival!!! THE VIKINGS!!! WTF is wrong with you people? He is the enemy now!

I dunno. To Snake, Favre is just another player now. I respect what he did for the Pack, enjoy watching him play still, won't root him to beat the Pack of course, but don't wish to see him get killed or anything just cuz he's a Viking. Snake don't hate.

Merlin
07-15-2009, 12:40 PM
I don't think any of use will root for him to beat the Pack, I know I won't be. That being said, I will still enjoy watching him play. I won't be running out and buying a Vikings Jersey, and I surely will not be rooting for the Vikings to win the division. I am a Packer fan and I enjoy watching good players play the game, that includes Favre, no matter what color shirt they wear. I like watching Urlacher play, but I hate the Bears. Watching the Lions play to me is comic relief when the Packers blow one.

The drama is fairly low key in the media in comparison to past years, but in here it's still the same. Favre isn't a Packer anymore, whatever happened between Thompson and Favre will never fully be known and the speculation that you "know" what happened is counter productive. The fact is Favre can play for whoever he wants to and Thompson can continue to do whatever it is he does.

Scott Campbell
07-15-2009, 12:44 PM
..............and Thompson can continue to do whatever it is he does.

:lol:

Ok, that was a pretty good one Merlin.

Fritz
07-15-2009, 01:02 PM

:bclap:

Damn straight. Aaron Rodgers is the man in Green Bay now!

Scott Campbell
07-15-2009, 01:14 PM
"............and if he shows up in that purple jersey then he's the enemy now."

That's right Greg. He's about to become the enemy. And according to our constitution, I believe giving aid and comfort to our enemy is an act of treason - often punishable by death.

Therefore it will be our patriotic duty to boo the hell out of him. :lol:

MOBB DEEP
07-20-2009, 08:34 AM
"............and if he shows up in that purple jersey then he's the enemy now."

That's right Greg. He's about to become the enemy. And according to our constitution, I believe giving aid and comfort to our enemy is an act of treason - often punishable by death.

Therefore it will be our patriotic duty to boo the hell out of him. :lol:

SC, are u REALLY gona boo him?

did u pull for him to excel with the jets since he was in afc or pray for his demise?

curious....

Zool
07-20-2009, 09:41 AM
If you ain't with us, you against us.

Mobb, its time to learn that, live it...and love it.

woodbuck27
07-21-2009, 04:38 PM
If you ain't with us, you against us.

Mobb, its time to learn that, live it...and love it.

Edited because what I wrote is just a pure waste of effort. Best to never take a fella like you too serious Zool. So carry on with what you feel is necessary for you to do.