PDA

View Full Version : Your Mom

MJZiggy
07-19-2006, 09:35 PM
Did she have a job when you were growing up?

Fosco33
07-19-2006, 10:07 PM
I chose the last one. Then when I was in middle school, she worked full time and then another part time job a few nights a week (and she's done that for almost 15 years).

Anti-Polar Bear
07-19-2006, 10:20 PM
It really depands on the era one's mom lives in. Back in those dark days of anncent time, women are, in the words of extreme liberal John Lennon, "the n*ggers of the world." Lennon wrote that song in hope of ending discriminatioon against people of colors and women.

Thanks to liberals like John Lennon, women's place today are no longer set only to the home. Of course, in the words of demoncrat Art Alexakis there's always the "blond bland middle class republican wives" who are "volvo driving soccer moms."

:cool:

MJZiggy
07-19-2006, 10:25 PM
Not worried about trends, opportunitites or any of the rest. What did YOUR mom do?

Deputy Nutz
07-19-2006, 10:26 PM
My mom was a pimp. It was a very tough lifestyle growing up.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-19-2006, 10:49 PM

Is that the reason why you chose to become a Chrysler-driving stay at home soccer dad?

PaCkFan_n_MD
07-20-2006, 12:06 AM
Thems fighten words. :D

GBRulz
07-20-2006, 12:36 PM

ROFL

My Dad owned a marina, my Mom worked part-time doing the books and stuff. She would bring me to work and I would take my naps inside of a boat or something on the show room floor!

However, as I got older, my Dad sold the marina and started up a real estate/development company in FL and she worked more outside the house. My Dad has always bought and sold different businesses, so my Mom had the luxury of basically setting her own hours. I am very fortunate to have memories of growing up with Mom and not in a daycare, which many, especially now a days is something that cannot be eluded.

GrnBay007
07-20-2006, 01:09 PM
My Mom was a stay at home Mom always. She did take care of some rental property they had. I can remember when I was little we would pack our lunch in the morning and she would take me to an apartment or duplex so she could paint or do whatever and I would just hang out with her. I feel fortunate that I only had to use a daycare center for my kids a total of about 6 months while they were little. Between me and their Dad working opposite shifts, family and my flexible work schedule we were able to work it out. Of course for the last 9 yrs. I've worked 6 days a week...working shorter hours on the week days and making up hours on the weekends, which sucks....but for me it was worth it. You just have to do the best you can if both parents need to work. It's not like it used to be.

MJZiggy
07-20-2006, 01:22 PM
I just want to make clear that I am not using this poll to make any kind of judgment on whether it is better to be home or working or that any decision any of us make in the raising of our children is incorrect. We all do what we feel best for our own unique situations. I just happened to be reading something about moms returning to work and men's thoughts on the subject. The author made a statement that I doubted and you guys are confirming my suspicions.

Deputy Nutz
07-20-2006, 02:13 PM

Is that the reason why you chose to become a Chrysler-driving stay at home soccer dad?

I wish I drove a Chrysler, those are really nice.

woodbuck27
07-20-2006, 02:15 PM
Some background.

Before I was born as the first of three children. MOM was a one room school house teacher - in the community of Woodside, New Brunswick that was founded by my Paternal ancestors, after the War of Independence. My last name and I don't care who knows it is Wood. My nickname has been Buck, for more years than I like to recall. I loved to hunt and I always had a strong personality and was a leader, and excelled at most things I tried.

If I ran a race I had to win it. If I played a sport I wanted to contribute alot.I was fortunate to get that from Mom who always said. If you do anything give into it and try hard. Don't go the easy way or half way.I wanted to always make my family prowd of me.Thanks Mom.

Thus - the handle woodbuck. Favourite # = 27

My father returned to his home in Woodside after WWII and Mom and Dad met, hooked up and married. I was two years of age when they moved from the farm ,my Paternal Grandparents, a 9 bedroom Home, in Woodside to ' the Loyalist City ',Saint John, New Brunswick. Of course, that is a Maritime Province in Eastern Canada.

My Mom never returned to teaching as she chose to be a stay at home Mother and she only worked part time as the need came up.

As my sister, the youngest grew to be closer to her teens and my brother and I there. Mom worked more and more part time - to enrich OUR lives - as we were given more than most Familys could afford. That more cost Mom and Dad and she helped as needed.

I had a wonderful loving Mother and Father that enriched their childrens lives as it was always Family first. What I an today that is best comes to what my Mother sacrificed for me.My Father made sure that i grew to be a REAL man and we had many wonderful times as we were hunting and fishing buddies. I had a strong mentor in my Father and my Mom was also looking back, such a wonderful friend to her children.

If she had worked full time I wouldn't have known the Mother I did. She was a fantastic women.

Zool
07-20-2006, 03:48 PM
With the title of this thread, it could have gone alot of directions. 2 income families are pretty much the normal now.

Tony Oday
07-20-2006, 04:00 PM
My mom owned a flower shop for 18 years and sold it. She worked because she is the kind of person that has to work or she feels like a freeloader.

Little Whiskey
07-20-2006, 04:00 PM
my mom worked. she wanted to stay home but couldn't. my wife works part time. only a few days per week. a benifit of daycare is that kids get a chance to be with other kids. i think they need to learn how to be with other kids. my wife's friend stays at home with her son. when he comes over he has no idea how to play with my kid. don't get me wrong i'm glad we are able to afford to have my wife stay home to raise my son, however i am also glad that he is learning to socialize with other kids too. daycare has its faults and downsides, but it is not all bad.

Jimx29
07-22-2006, 02:43 AM
My Mom worked full time w/ tons of overtime at home raising me and 14 of my siblings. :cool:

OS PA
07-22-2006, 03:25 AM
My mother worked full time when I was younger, but got a neurological disease when I was 8 and has been disabled and doing random websites and taking photographs for people.

Harlan Huckleby
07-22-2006, 08:02 AM
I was lucky, my mom worked out of the home. Clients coming in and out all day long. Daddy made her stop.

Noodle
07-23-2006, 12:40 AM
I was lucky, my mom worked out of the home. Clients coming in and out all day long. Daddy made her stop.

Um, no he didn't.

By the way, she says "hi." I think. Kind of hard to understand her with her mouth full.