PDA

View Full Version : TV help

Little Whiskey
07-13-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm looking to buy a new tv and need a little help with any recommendations.

Largest screen size that will fit is 37"

Looking at spending under $800.

I don't really understand the price diff. Are brand names worth the extra dough> Pretty much clueless on this. I've just started the research. The last TV I bought was 8 years ago. Its time to upgrade a bit. Any help would be appreciated.

MJZiggy
07-13-2009, 09:33 PM
I can't say, I had bought one, then wandered into Radio Shack and they had a bigger screen for less $$, then found out that they only had the floor model left, so got an even bigger discount. It was a name brand as well. Unless you're looking for total high end, you don't have to spend near $800. My 32" was less than $350.

SkinBasket
07-13-2009, 09:46 PM
My thoughts on this are the same as computers. You spend as little as possible on comparable products because these days there's little difference in branding. Last time I helped a family member with a TV, we ended up buying Vizio from Sam's Club. Best specs and features vs price. Unless you're an A/V pervert, you won't be able to tell the difference between brands, and even if you are, you're probably just an idiot who thinks he knows more than he does. See the following as an example:

http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/03/audiophiles-cant-tell-the-difference-between-monster-cable-and/

I don't mean to offend, but buy whatever looks best to you at the lowest price you can find. If you think it looks like shit when you get home, don't be afraid to return it.

Little Whiskey
07-13-2009, 09:56 PM
thats what I'm talking about. what matters? what is hype? what is just advertising?

Less than 800 is better. my little boy wants a WII.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-13-2009, 10:05 PM
There are differences. Things like color accuracy, black levels, smearing in fast motion, etc.

Ty would recommend reading Cnet, AVSForum.com, Consumer Reports, etc.

Find your price point and then get the best of that.

Ty personally recommends Sony's lower line..M or L series...think a 32 is around 600. But, with the economy..sure you can wheel and deal. 37 inch KDL is 700 on amazon.

Or do the old bestbuy 20% off trick.

Bretsky
07-13-2009, 10:51 PM
I think you get a lot of bang for your buck with Vizio

Can you wait til day after Thanksgiving ?

Walmart had some great HDTV deals last year

Wife picked up a 50" Samsung HDTV Plasma for either 699 or 799.

MJZiggy
07-14-2009, 05:18 AM
I thought LCD was supposed to be what you wanted with kids as if they leave something paused, it won't burn the image into the tv...?

I've also heard Visio wasn't as reliable as other brands, they just have a football player doing their advertising. As to the wii, my son plays a wii on a 1996 Samsung and thinks it's wonderful.

You have to figure out what you want the thing to do (do you want a PC input? a lot of components? etc.) and then get the least expensive one that will do what you want.

SkinBasket
07-14-2009, 07:12 AM
I thought LCD was supposed to be what you wanted with kids as if they leave something paused, it won't burn the image into the tv...

That hasn't been an issue for like 20 some odd years now.

Scott Campbell
07-14-2009, 08:11 AM
I don't know if anyone makes a plasma in 37 inches. I know you can get them in 42.

If the room is really bright, LCD's can make sense. If you have the ability to control the light in the room, I think plasma is the way to go. It's really difficult to compare pictures in show rooms because of the lighting, and most retailers just unbox the TV's and plug them in without making any adjustments to the picture.

If it's the primary TV, I'd be less price sensitive and get what you really think looks best.

hurleyfan
07-14-2009, 10:16 AM
If it's the primary TV, I'd be less price sensitive and get what you really think looks best.

Couldn't agree more!

I just picked up a LG 26" for a bedroom. It was on display right between a Samsung & Sony, and to ME, the picture was much better, and less $

Freak Out
07-14-2009, 11:12 AM
So you will be playing Nintendo on it and what else? Watching Blu Ray? HDTV OTA Broadcast? cable? SAT?

Little Whiskey
07-14-2009, 11:35 AM
So you will be playing Nintendo on it and what else? Watching Blu Ray? HDTV OTA Broadcast? cable? SAT?

Its going to be in the basment rec room. (it is a walk out basement so I have a bit of natural light comming in.)

I currently have cable and a PS3. The Wii may be on this tv or on the old one. (Tube TV) His is 4 so i'm leaning on the old tv. Most of our TV watching is thru cable. every now and then we'll watch a dvd, or now since i have a PS3 blu ray.

Freak Out
07-14-2009, 11:56 AM

Its going to be in the basment rec room. (it is a walk out basement so I have a bit of natural light comming in.)

I currently have cable and a PS3. The Wii may be on this tv or on the old one. (Tube TV) His is 4 so i'm leaning on the old tv. Most of our TV watching is thru cable. every now and then we'll watch a dvd, or now since i have a PS3 blu ray.

Ok then...1080P is a must. Do you ever plan on hooking the new TV up to an external antenna? What are your purchase options in the area? Is there a Costco nearby? Sam's Club?

mraynrand
07-14-2009, 01:13 PM
the 37" screen is and uncommon size. I like the Panasonic Viera plasma 1080p. Plasma seems better for sports action. Don't get too big a screen for the space you are in. I was at a relatives' house with a 50+" screen in a maybe 20x30 great room watching NCAA b-ball last spring and you couldn't take in the whole game at once. good deals can be found at newegg.

MadScientist
07-14-2009, 02:08 PM

Definitely hook the Wii to the tube set. A 4 year old can throw a controller through the LCD. If he can throw it through a CRT have the Brewers sign him.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-14-2009, 04:05 PM

Definitely hook the Wii to the tube set. A 4 year old can throw a controller through the LCD. If he can throw it through a CRT have the Brewers sign him.

Yeah, just what the Brewers need..another strong arm with no control. :wink:

Didn't we get enough of that with Turnbow.

Little Whiskey
07-14-2009, 05:30 PM
Mraynrand, too big of a screen is not an issue since it has to fit in the current cabinet. 37 is the largest size to fit. I agree though, bigger isn't always better. if you have to turn your head just to see the whole screen, chances are good that you room is too small or tv is too big.

Freak out, why is 1080p a must? I doubt I will ever hook up to an antenna. sam's club, yes. costco, no. bestbuy, walmart, sears, yes. internet, yes, however I would rather spend my money on the TV then on shipping.

what about refresh rate. 60hz or 120. will i notice the diff? or is that only if i plan to hook up a pc?

retailguy
07-14-2009, 05:35 PM
Well, this isn't 1080p, but it's 720p, and I think a pretty good deal.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=A2373377&cs=19&c=us&l=en&dgc=CJ&cid=24471&lid=566643&acd=10495476-1225267-u0t0f0fp22559c0s441

349.00 with free shipping, but I do think you gotta pay sales tax. been a while since I bought anything from the Dell outlet.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-14-2009, 05:48 PM
Ty says, best thing you could do for your 4 year old is turn of the tv, tell him/her to go outside and play.

And, when old enough....play and read a book.

retailguy
07-14-2009, 06:22 PM
Ty says, best thing you could do for your 4 year old is turn of the tv, tell him/her to go outside and play.

Is that what happened to you? :P

Little Whiskey
07-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Ty, he is a pretty active kid. matter of fact its been base ball from when i get home till dinner time. He tiring this old man out!!

Scott Campbell
07-14-2009, 08:30 PM
Freak out, why is 1080p a must?

On a 37 inch screen, you may not be able to see that level of detail anyway, so I wouldn't assume it's critical. It's getting harder to find LCD sets that aren't 1080p. They don't broadcast in 1080p - just 720p or 1080i. Bluray is 1080p, and you can get video files off the internet and stream them to your set in 1080p.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-14-2009, 08:42 PM

Is that what happened to you? :P

As a matter of fact yes. That is why Ty is so well rounded. Ty was allowed 1 hour of TV a week until high school....PBS excluded...so, essentially 1 hour.

There were some exceptions...could watch a ballgame with my dad, could watch news (like kids watch that), and occasionally..as Ty got older..sneak some tv.

Ty consumed books voraciously, still does. When Ty's classmates were finally reading Lord of the Rings trilogy..Ty had finished it 4 years prior.

Ty went thru sections of the library like a wildfire: mythology, sci fi, etc.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-14-2009, 08:43 PM
Ty, he is a pretty active kid. matter of fact its been base ball from when i get home till dinner time. He tiring this old man out!!

Of course he is....and you want him to stay that way. TV is like crack. Better to limit it and make him read. Kids that read are better writers, students, imagination, etc.

Or get him playing an instrument...basically anything before tv.

Freak Out
07-15-2009, 12:21 AM
Freak out, why is 1080p a must?

On a 37 inch screen, you may not be able to see that level of detail anyway, so I wouldn't assume it's critical. It's getting harder to find LCD sets that aren't 1080p. They don't broadcast in 1080p - just 720p or 1080i. Bluray is 1080p, and you can get video files off the internet and stream them to your set in 1080p.

I had forgotten about the 37 inch size limit......shit-can the stand/furniture and get a larger TV.

Scott Campbell
07-15-2009, 06:58 AM
......shit-can the stand/furniture and get a larger TV.

That's what I would do. The room should dictate the size of your set - not the furniture.

My wives nearly killed me when I told them I wanted to get rid of a really nice TV hutch that we had. It was beautiful, and it was pretty expensive. It was definitely one of the nicer pieces what we had in our house. But it was designed prior to 16:9 aspect ratios and large flat screens. It was every bit as obsolete as the 36" CRT tube set that sat inside it.

We've got a lot of nice screens in our house. We almost always watch movies on the biggest (73"), even though that set is 9 years old and is only 1080i with a picture quality that has been surpassed by some of our plasmas. It's because size trumps everything else. I'm not getting these comments about TV's being too big. I've seen TV's that are too big for a particular room, but other than that, you can never get one that's too big. There's a reason all these theaters are adding the IMAX screens.

mraynrand
07-15-2009, 08:17 AM
I'm not getting these comments about TV's being too big. I've seen TV's that are too big for a particular room, but other than that, you can never get one that's too big.

If flatscreens are too big, they can overwhelm a room.

http://www.log24.com/log/pix03A/030904-Monolith.jpg

Scott Campbell
07-15-2009, 08:42 AM
I'm not getting these comments about TV's being too big. I've seen TV's that are too big for a particular room, but other than that, you can never get one that's too big.

Some people look at that picture and see magnificent opulence. I look at it and see lousy acoustics.

Freak Out
07-15-2009, 12:14 PM
Spend as much as you can afford on the screen and then get a wall mount. It saves space and you can get a smaller piece of furniture for the PS3 and whatever cable box/ av receiver you have.

MJZiggy
07-15-2009, 05:42 PM

Some people look at that picture and see magnificent opulence. I look at it and see lousy acoustics.

I see cold floors in winter. And think of echoes.

Brando19
07-15-2009, 08:38 PM
I just bought a 37" Samsung from Best Buy for $750. It's a great TV. Check best buy for sure.

SkinBasket
07-15-2009, 08:55 PM
I just bought a 37" Samsung from Best Buy for $750. It's a great TV. Check best buy for sure.

Best Buy is great if you want to pay 25% more for anything you could buy anywhere else. No offense Brando, but that place is built on ripping people off whenever possible.

Brando19
07-15-2009, 09:36 PM

Best Buy is great if you want to pay 25% more for anything you could buy anywhere else. No offense Brando, but that place is built on ripping people off whenever possible.

Great...I got screwed by Best Buy. It was 0% interest for one year. It was the best price we found for a 37"...but we only looked at a couple places. Guess I'll do my research from now on.

Waldo
07-16-2009, 01:41 AM
BB does have very good prices on TV's if you shop their sales.

I've had only Samsung flatscreen LCD TV/Monitors until my most recent, a Panasonic (37" (I think) 720p, about $400), which is real nice.

BB is not the place to look at TV's (ones by me hook 'em up via coax, except the fancy ones). Shop around a few places and compare just a few models, look, sound, picture quality are all important to varying degrees, after all, they are a huge part of any room they go in to.

Don't ever buy wires at BB, and all A/V wire is the same (trust me, I work with electronics 100x more sensitive than home A/V equipment),

SkinBasket
07-16-2009, 07:51 AM
Yeah, I should have noted the sales. You didn't necessarily get ripped off and there is value in 0% financing only found at some stores if you can't pay it off in one shot.

BB used to run a very slim profit margin on most of their big ticket items, then mark up the accessories to recoup the money and have the salespeople really push how much you needed that new $20 mousepad or $50 spike strip.

You can usually find a better price almost anywhere else on any given day, however. The real trick is finding an on-line retailer with a good deal and free or low cost shipping you can trust. It takes a little work, and to be honest, sometimes it is just easier to hit a large retail store for a sale.

Bossman641
08-14-2009, 10:28 AM
OK rats, need some help here.

Looking to buy a TV. I've mostly just been looking at the Sam's down the street. Here are the 2 I've been looking at for 750. I'd prefer to stay around that price range but if these are crap for the price and I could get a lot better for another $100-150 I'd consider it.

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/detail/detail.do?group=televisions&type=televisions&subtype=lcdtv&model_cd=LN37B530P7FXZA

http://www.vizio.com/product.aspx?id=2694&pid=1504

The Samsung looked nicer in the store, but I like the fact the Vizio is bigger and has 4 HDMI.

OkayKyle
08-14-2009, 12:04 PM
Personally, I've never liked the picture quality of Visio's. I recently got an LCD tv from Costco - they have really good prices on TVs, and from what I've seen, they're cheaper than Best Buy. Check out Sam's Club, too.

Scott Campbell
08-14-2009, 03:56 PM

Looking to buy a TV. I've mostly just been looking at the Sam's down the street. Here are the 2 I've been looking at for 750. I'd prefer to stay around that price range but if these are crap for the price and I could get a lot better for another $100-150 I'd consider it.

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/detail/detail.do?group=televisions&type=televisions&subtype=lcdtv&model_cd=LN37B530P7FXZA

The Samsung looked nicer in the store, but I like the fact the Vizio is bigger and has 4 HDMI.

Can you control the light in the room its in? Is it the primary tv in the house? What's distance will you be viewing it from?

Bossman641
08-14-2009, 04:12 PM

Can you control the light in the room its in? Is it the primary tv in the house? What's distance will you be viewing it from?

Can only control the light in terms of opening/closing blinds and lights, so no. Yes, it's primary TV. Viewing from ~8-10 feet.

Partial
08-14-2009, 04:56 PM
If I've said it once, I've said it 10000 times. If it's not on the homepage of Slickdeals.net, it's not worth buying. Be paitent, wait a week or two, and jump on the best deal you see. Roommate bought a 47" Phillips LCD last year for 550 off of the SD. Do this, and you'll be quite happy. Don't do this, and well, you'll probably be happy with the TV, but your wallet won't be nearly as happy. If it's not on SD, it's not worth buying.

Freak Out
08-14-2009, 05:04 PM
If I've said it once, I've said it 10000 times. If it's not on the homepage of Slickdeals.net, it's not worth buying. Be paitent, wait a week or two, and jump on the best deal you see. Roommate bought a 47" Phillips LCD last year for 550 off of the SD. Do this, and you'll be quite happy. Don't do this, and well, you'll probably be happy with the TV, but your wallet won't be nearly as happy. If it's not on SD, it's not worth buying.

How do returns work with slickdeals?

Partial
08-14-2009, 05:26 PM
You return with whatever store you buy it from. Depends on the store.

Partial
08-14-2009, 05:28 PM
Boom! Done.

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1500089

Scott Campbell
08-14-2009, 09:52 PM

Can only control the light in terms of opening/closing blinds and lights, so no. Yes, it's primary TV. Viewing from ~8-10 feet.

If you can't keep much of the sunlight out of the room then you may be happier with an LCD panel. Otherwise I'd highly recommend a plasma.

From 10 feet away on a 37 inch set, the human eye won't be able to pick up the difference between 720P and 1080P. And broadcast television is at best 720P. However it's easy enough to find good deals on 1080P sets that you might decide to get one anyway. Size almost always trumps other aspects of picture quality. Sammy and Sony have a great reputation for LCD sets.

Partial
08-14-2009, 10:46 PM
People still buy Plasma? Why? I honestly don't know. It was my understanding they use WAY more electricity.

I'm holding out for LED backlit TVs. It makes a huge difference in computer displays imo.

Partial
08-14-2009, 11:07 PM
Pammy Plasma 42" 533 right now http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1506503

SkinBasket
08-15-2009, 08:24 AM
Looks like this one's available cheap:

http://www.spudart.org/blog/images/2003/208-0834_IMG_400.jpg

Scott Campbell
08-15-2009, 09:00 AM
People still buy Plasma? Why? I honestly don't know. It was my understanding they use WAY more electricity.

Picture quality. Off axis viewing angles. Motion.

This thread is from the LCD sub forum at AVS, where you'd expect posters to be a bit biased towards LCD's. It's a pretty reasonable discussion.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1170678

Partial
08-18-2009, 12:00 AM
This is basically free.

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1508895

GBRulz
08-18-2009, 09:56 AM
Any advantage, other than the size, to those newer TV's that are like 1-1/2" thick?

I still love my five year-old 57" rear-projection HDTV because to be honest, I think it has a better picture vs. even the newer 1080p LCD's that I've replaced other TV's with in the house. However, with me moving next month, I'm still undecided about taking it with me or not....at least it's on wheels.

SkinBasket
08-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Any advantage, other than the size, to those newer TV's that are like 1-1/2" thick?

I still love my five year-old 57" rear-projection HDTV because to be honest, I think it has a better picture vs. even the newer 1080p LCD's that I've replaced other TV's with in the house. However, with me moving next month, I'm still undecided about taking it with me or not....at least it's on wheels.

I have to say I'm in agreement. I think the DLP looks better than it's counterparts. And they are big.

Partial
08-18-2009, 02:07 PM
DLP is the best picture imo but the bulbs are pricey and they use lots of energy. LCD and more energy efficient technologies are the future. Laser looks extremely promising.

SkinBasket
08-18-2009, 02:19 PM
http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2008/07/31/dr-evil-austin-powers.jpg
Laser looks extremely promising.

Partial
08-18-2009, 02:30 PM
I actually did do air quotes while typing :wink:

Scott Campbell
08-18-2009, 03:30 PM
DLP is the best picture imo but the bulbs are pricey and they use lots of energy. LCD and more energy efficient technologies are the future. Laser looks extremely promising.

DLP's pose challenges for off axis viewing - even more than LCD. If you need bigger than 60 inches, I think DLP is the way to go - unless you can go projector.

I'm not overly concerned with the energy efficiency differences among todays sets. If I want to save electricity, I'll turn off my hot tub.

Bossman641
08-19-2009, 06:17 AM
I ended up going with the 42" Panny plasma that you posted the other day Partial. From what I read, the whole 720 vs 1080 is a very small difference for a TV the size I was looking for and Panasonic is supposed to make solid Plasmas. Thanks

BTW, I had heard you mention Slick Deals but had never checked it out before. I could easily see that site becoming addictive. There was so much stuff showing up that I wanted to get even if I really didn't need it just cause it was a good deal.

SkinBasket
08-19-2009, 07:03 AM
BTW, I had heard you mention Slick Deals but had never checked it out before. I could easily see that site becoming addictive. There was so much stuff showing up that I wanted to get even if I really didn't need it just cause it was a good deal.

It can become a problem. A wonderful wonderful problem. If you want to see how demented some of those people become though, check out the thread on Las vegas trips.

Partial
08-19-2009, 09:11 AM

It can become a problem. A wonderful wonderful problem. If you want to see how demented some of those people become though, check out the thread on Las vegas trips.

Yeah that really is simple outrageous.

Scott Campbell
08-19-2009, 01:02 PM
I ended up going with the 42" Panny plasma that you posted the other day Partial. From what I read, the whole 720 vs 1080 is a very small difference for a TV the size I was looking for and Panasonic is supposed to make solid Plasmas. Thanks.

Solid, solid move IMO. How does it look? Is the wife happy?

Scott Campbell
08-25-2009, 12:23 PM
Here's an article on screen sizes, resolution, and the viewing distances where you're able to see the difference.

http://www.engadgethd.com/2006/12/09/1080p-charted-viewing-distance-to-screen-size/

Freak Out
08-25-2009, 05:55 PM
I ended up going with the 42" Panny plasma that you posted the other day Partial. From what I read, the whole 720 vs 1080 is a very small difference for a TV the size I was looking for and Panasonic is supposed to make solid Plasmas. Thanks

You totally fucked up man. :lol:

No...I've seen lots of those Panasonic plasmas and they produce very nice picture quality in most conditions.

Not sure who was talking about the DLP sets but I have always hated those monsters.....never liked the picture quality and the fuckers look like something that belongs near Carhenge.

Scott Campbell
08-25-2009, 06:05 PM

No...I've seen lots of those Panasonic plasmas and they produce very nice picture quality in most conditions.

Not sure who was talking about the DLP sets but I have always hated those monsters.....never liked the picture quality and the fuckers look like something that belongs near Carhenge.

DLP's still have their place. If you've got room for something bigger than 60", and you don't want a projector, guess what you'll be getting.

Having said that, they've got the worst off axis viewing of any current technology. And the bulb thing is probably a pain in the ass every once in a while.

Freak Out
08-25-2009, 06:16 PM

DLP's still have their place. If you've got room for something bigger than 60", and you don't want a projector, guess what you'll be getting.

Having said that, they've got the worst off axis viewing of any current technology. And the bulb thing is probably a pain in the ass every once in a while.

I've seen some projectors that would be fantastic in the right situation. Very spendy but man what a nice, HUGE picture.

Scott Campbell
08-25-2009, 06:34 PM

I've seen some projectors that would be fantastic in the right situation. Very spendy but man what a nice, HUGE picture.

I want one. The picture quality can be awesome, and nothing can touch the size. And you can buy decent ones for a song now. But they have a couple challenges too. They're more susceptible to stray light than any other technology. I saw one this weekend in a $3M home. It was huge, and probably looked awesome at night. But during the day it looked horribly washed out because they couldn't kill all the light coming from skylights and uncovered windows. In general, I think they should be confined to a dedicated home theater. But there are probably some exceptions where the lighting wouldn't pose a challenge.

Bossman641
08-25-2009, 07:57 PM
I ended up going with the 42" Panny plasma that you posted the other day Partial. From what I read, the whole 720 vs 1080 is a very small difference for a TV the size I was looking for and Panasonic is supposed to make solid Plasmas. Thanks.

Solid, solid move IMO. How does it look? Is the wife happy?

Plasma was delivered today. So far so good.

No HD or Blu-ray, just tested out the 360 a little bit. Trying to decide whether to go with Dish Net or Direct TV, sure would be nice to have Sunday Ticket. Need to give them a call and see if I can do a little dealing with them.

Little Whiskey
12-18-2009, 11:10 PM
finally pulled the trigger on my new tv. bought a 42" Panasonic Plasma. 850 reg price on sale for 799, open box for 699, told the kid i would pay 650 if he threw in the 4 year warranty. put it on the bestbuy cc with a few more items, i get to use their money for 36months!!!

very very happy!

Tony Oday
12-19-2009, 01:21 PM
I personally REALLY like my 32" Dynex I got from BB 3 years ago for $300. It is not my main TV and the sound on it rubs but I have surround in the bedroom so it works for me! It was cheap and if it breaks BFD I mean it was only $300 and I have had it three years so life is good. It works GREAT with HALO 3 and looks sharp on movies.

I never saw the benefit of the whole spend a lot on a TV. My buddy brought his 32" over about three months ago because I had the guys over to game and drink while the wives/gfs went out on a ladies night and he was pissed my Dynex looked ALMOST as good as his but was $1300 less :)

Little Whiskey
12-19-2009, 01:30 PM
he was pissed my Dynex looked ALMOST as good as his but was $1300 less :)

probably the HDMI cables. if only he would have bought the $125 cables.

thats what the Best Buy kid told me i needed, and the fact that i needed 3 of them, or 1/2 the price of the TV. I was born at night but not last night. Went to Monoprice.com and paid $3 a piece.

SkinBasket
12-19-2009, 04:46 PM
Had to order a new lamp for our DLP yesterday. The dimming was gradual for the first 5-7 days, but now it's getting pretty dire. When these things die, they do it quick.

Scott Campbell
12-19-2009, 04:55 PM
he was pissed my Dynex looked ALMOST as good as his but was $1300 less :)

probably the HDMI cables. if only he would have bought the $125 cables.

thats what the Best Buy kid told me i needed, and the fact that i needed 3 of them, or 1/2 the price of the TV. I was born at night but not last night. Went to Monoprice.com and paid $3 a piece.

Smart man.