PDA

View Full Version : Official Things Have Gone Too Far Thread

pbmax
07-14-2009, 09:22 AM
A New Favre-Vikings Jersey (http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20090713/PKR01/90713128/1058)

I suppose the next logical step is to compare him to Hitler. Doesn't Godwin's Law that states this is nearly inevitable? :lol:

Godwin's Law: "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."

Waldo
07-14-2009, 09:47 AM
When "fans" are holding protests and heckling that which they are supposedly a "fan" of, things are way beyond too far. And that was only last year.

Harlan Huckleby
07-14-2009, 10:22 AM
http://www.sequelsolutions.biz/judas.jpg

I think the new jersey is snazzy. The band Judas Priest never suffered from the association. Bad is cool.

sharpe1027
07-14-2009, 10:38 AM
People have a right to be upset with their favorite teams or players. If they do not agree with the current decisions of a team/player, they can express their opinions.

Personally, I have enjoyed watching the Packers since before Favre was around and will still enjoy watching them now that he has left.

The current guys on the team are a really good bunch of guys that I find it easy to get behind and root for. So I do find it a little sad that so many people prefer to be angry and spiteful instead enjoying the game.

KYPack
07-14-2009, 10:57 AM
I was gonna post this.

Glad you decided to "take one for the team" and post it, PB.

Freak Out
07-14-2009, 11:15 AM
Hmmm....lets see.....what might be the motivation for this...? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

CaptainKickass
07-14-2009, 11:16 AM
Didn't we see these shirts in a post with some other "Favre the betrayer" type stuff, like a couple weeks ago?

denverYooper
07-14-2009, 11:25 AM
Oh man, just think about how much fun those games are going to be! Hollywood Hulk's got nothing on this :).

Fritz
07-14-2009, 12:09 PM
“I was very large for Brett..." Fleischman said.

Ah, the NFL. So macho, so homoerotic.

Waldo
07-14-2009, 12:14 PM
People have a right to be upset with their favorite teams or players. If they do not agree with the current decisions of a team/player, they can express their opinions.

...or do what normal people do and change their allegiances instead of trying to change the team. :wink:

sharpe1027
07-14-2009, 12:20 PM

...or do what normal people do and change their allegiances instead of trying to change the team. :wink:

Self-proclaimed definer of what is normal? :P

I disagree. For me, changing allegiances cheapens the experience. Having stuck through the frustrating times is a badge of honor that many Packer fans wear with pride. For some, this is one of those times.

Waldo
07-14-2009, 12:38 PM
If it is a "badge of honor" to "stick with them through the hard times".....

The hard times should be celebrated, no? After all, you then earn your badge. Why complain?

Eternal allegiances to sports teams are quite illogical, there are only a few teams whose fans develop this eternal allegiance, the Packers being one of them.

Sports teams are not democratic things where fans agree on how things are run. They are run by a management team or owner that does things their way, and it really doesn't matter in the least bit if you like it or not. They don't care.

Fan sentiment becomes bad enough, there is always another city with a lucrative new stadium and hungry new fan base to move to.

sharpe1027
07-14-2009, 01:04 PM
If it is a "badge of honor" to "stick with them through the hard times".....

The hard times should be celebrated, no? After all, you then earn your badge. Why complain?

Eternal allegiances to sports teams are quite illogical, there are only a few teams whose fans develop this eternal allegiance, the Packers being one of them.

Sports teams are not democratic things where fans agree on how things are run. They are run by a management team or owner that does things their way, and it really doesn't matter in the least bit if you like it or not. They don't care.

Fan sentiment becomes bad enough, there is always another city with a lucrative new stadium and hungry new fan base to move to.

No. That's not what I said, nor does it naturally flow from what I said. The hard times are not celebrated for being hard times. Moreso they provide some context to the good times. Following a team's development, which inevitably includes some rough times, is part of the fun for me. That does not mean that I celebrate or wish for more rough times.

Illogical? Really? Is it illogical to share celebrations or heartbreaks (or poke fun at friends of rival teams) for a particular team with your family and friends? If that is illogical, so what?

Yes, sports teams are not democratic. Does that mean that we should all be robots, never expressing our opinions on the team direction? If so, what is the point of watching the games? For that matter, what are you doing posting your opinions on the Packers in these forums. It really doesn't matter in the least bit what your opinion is. They don't care...

mraynrand
07-14-2009, 01:20 PM
The only team I have true allegiance to are the Harlem Globetrotters. I only support winners.

mraynrand
07-14-2009, 01:23 PM
http://www.sequelsolutions.biz/judas.jpg

I think the new jersey is snazzy. The band Judas Priest never suffered from the association. Bad is cool.

The Packers have to go through a lot harder stretches including actually losing to Favre before this shirt even becomes remotely applicable. It's far more likely that Favre will be doing the Packers a favor joining the Vikings - though I wish the Packers were playing the Vikings twice late in the year (Mid Nov. or later) when Favre will inevitably be far more beat up, playing poorly, and afraid of the cold.

Scott Campbell
07-14-2009, 02:35 PM
Did Harlan really use the word "snazzy"?

:shock:

Harlan Huckleby
07-14-2009, 03:54 PM
ok, nifty.

I think the "Judas" business is a big joke. In a few years from now, hardly any Packer fans will care that Favre played a few seasons after Packers turned him loose. I like that he is competitive and wants to kick the packers butts. Its a game. Most of the players are friends with each other even though they beat each others heads in on Sundays.

I suppose that the people who are most upset about Favre playing for the Vikes are the same ones who hated TT for denying Favre's application for reemployment.

Lurker64
07-14-2009, 03:55 PM
I suppose the next logical step is to compare him to Hitler. Doesn't Godwin's Law that states this is nearly inevitable? :lol:

Godwin's Law: "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/6527/adolph.jpg

There you go...

Tyrone Bigguns
07-14-2009, 04:20 PM
Ty applauds JustinHarrell for using his time away from this forum productively!!

]{ilr]3
07-14-2009, 04:21 PM
I like the Favre is #2 jersey I made from vikings very own proshop website :lol:
:laugh:
http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/images/avatars/2653064764a424c8e608ae.jpg

woodbuck27
07-14-2009, 04:51 PM
ok, nifty.

I think the "Judas" business is a big joke. In a few years from now, hardly any Packer fans will care that Favre played a few seasons after Packers turned him loose. I like that he is competitive and wants to kick the packers butts. Its a game. Most of the players are friends with each other even though they beat each others heads in on Sundays.

I suppose that the people who are most upset about Favre playing for the Vikes are the same ones who hated TT for denying Favre's application for reemployment.

'' I suppose that the people who are most upset about Favre playing for the Vikes are the same ones who hated TT for denying Favre's application for reemployment.'' HH

Harland. You might want to re-think that one? :lol:

PACKERS!

woodbuck27
07-14-2009, 05:10 PM
{ilr]3]I like the Favre is #2 jersey I made from vikings very own proshop website :lol:

Yea! I like it to as it goes well with the ole 1-2 punch slogan.

1 = Adrian Peterson

2 = Brett Favre That Vikings offense is going to be just ridiculously good if both can remain healthy for 16 games. They used 9 in the box last season to just try and contain AP and Brett Favre will eat that up via the pass.

One week it will be AP for player of the week and another Brett Favre. Many people here are so twisted in terms of the reality Favre offers Minnesota. It's a game people and long after Brett Favre retires we'll still love the Packers. Relax and stop the bickering, the dirty shots and namecalling and attacks here at Packerrats and alow the Brett Favre saga to play itself out. It's only for a short period of our Packer fan lives.

I want to add this as a matter of consciounce:

Most of all appreciate this Packer home and support and assist the new owners gift to all of us to post here. We can all improve our quality of posts in terms of politeness to make this forum really special again. The Administrator. The new owner of Packerrats. I read alot into this man or woman and he or she doesn't mess around. His thoughts match his intelligence. He wants Packerrats to work. Let's help him.

My name is Ed. woodbuck27 :D

GO PACKERS!

Tyrone Bigguns
07-14-2009, 05:44 PM

Most of all appreciate this Packer home and support and assist the new owners gift to all of us to post here. We can all improve our quality of posts in terms of politeness to make this forum really special again. The Administrator. The new owner of Packerrats. I read alot into this man or woman and he or she doesn't mess around. His thoughts match his intelligence. He wants Packerrats to work. Let's help him.

GO PACKERS!

Posted a mere 20 minutes after the.."we can all improve our quality of posts in terms of politeness"

Your a one trick pony cpk1994, like a CD that someone plays over and over. I'm thinking of ABBA. Your wearisome and a detrement to Packerrats. Get over yourself. I'm positive cpk1994 you've had that request before.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

woodbuck27
07-14-2009, 06:15 PM

GO PACKERS!

Posted a mere 20 minutes after the.."we can all improve our quality of posts in terms of politeness"

Your a one trick pony cpk1994, like a CD that someone plays over and over. I'm thinking of ABBA. Your wearisome and a detrement to Packerrats. Get over yourself. I'm positive cpk1994 you've had that request before.

Now I'm one over my quota of posting you ( maybe ) once every month or so Tyrone. I feel that's like a twice a day workout. Needless to pointless and much too tiresome. :D

woodbuck27
07-14-2009, 06:33 PM

GO PACKERS!

Actually Tyrone. I merely requested that cpk1994 back himself up. I genuinely feel the anti-TT rhetoric has diminished alot here at Packerrats. Most of us realize what were stuck with. :D

GO PACK GO!

Scott Campbell
07-14-2009, 07:27 PM
I wonder how long it will be until Woody gets run off again.

cpk1994
07-14-2009, 07:36 PM
Actually Tyrone. I merely requested that cpk1994 back himself up. I genuinely feel the anti-TT rhetoric has diminished alot here at Packerrats. Most of us realize what were stuck with. :D

GO PACK GO!Why do I have to back up a claim I never made? Show me in my post where the words "Packerrats posters" are? You won't find them.

EDIT: I'll even give you a visual aid:

It goes the other way too. Their are Favre fans that still need to bash TT for doing nothing more than what he is paid to do and that is make moves in the best interests of the Packers, which meant parting ways with Favre.

They can't get over it. Hell, Favre himself can't get over it.

So tell me how does "Favre fans" = "Packerrats posters"?

]{ilr]3
07-14-2009, 07:55 PM
{ilr]3]I like the Favre is #2 jersey I made from vikings very own proshop website :lol:

Yea! I like it to as it goes well with the ole 1-2 punch slogan.

1 = Adrian Peterson

2 = Brett Favre That Vikings offense is going to be just ridiculously good if both can remain healthy for 16 games. They used 9 in the box last season to just try and contain AP and Brett Favre will eat that up via the pass.

One week it will be AP for player of the week and another Brett Favre. Many people here are so twisted in terms of the reality Favre offers Minnesota. It's a game people and long after Brett Favre retires we'll still love the Packers. Relax and stop the bickering, the dirty shots and namecalling and attacks here at Packerrats and alow the Brett Favre saga to play itself out. It's only for a short period of our Packer fan lives.

GO PACKERS!

Or it could mean that he just a simple piece of shit.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-14-2009, 08:47 PM

GO PACKERS!

GO PACK GO!

Yes, this does seem like a request.

Man up, old man. Even an old dog can learn new tricks.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-14-2009, 08:49 PM

Ty FUbless for an APPROPRIATE WoodBUCK anSwer.

Rastak
07-14-2009, 09:24 PM

Dude, do you really need to be a prick ALL the time?

Why not get off his back.

Harlan Huckleby
07-14-2009, 09:30 PM

why are you calling Scott Campbell a prick? Isn't calling somebody a prick being a prick? For all I know, I might be a prick for calling you a prick for calling somebody a prick.

Harlan Huckleby
07-14-2009, 09:30 PM
ok, nifty.

'' I suppose that the people who are most upset about Favre playing for the Vikes are the same ones who hated TT for denying Favre's application for reemployment.'' HH

Harland. You might want to re-think that one? :lol:

PACKERS!

are you challenging me to make a poll? cause I'll do it.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-14-2009, 09:34 PM

Why not ask why he getting on backs. Calling out CPK for no reason.

Bretsky
07-14-2009, 10:16 PM

Woody and cpk have had plenty of tassles so why do you feel the need to get involved ? And the grammar......petty... more petty bullshit

And Really, does it matter if Woody wanted to create seperate threads for each NFC Team ? Is that really a reason to do more nitpicking ?

Who cares if the threads get posts or not; if people read the articles....they could be labled a success. More crap. We've all at some times used the phrase...if you don't like it....skip the thread. So why get negative ?

Ty is very smart and a good poster; but Ty can also really be a jerk when he chooses to.

Harlan Huckleby
07-14-2009, 10:31 PM
why, I smell another poll opportunity!

Bretsky
07-14-2009, 10:34 PM
why, I smell another poll opportunity!

oh gosh help us all :lol:

Zool
07-14-2009, 10:41 PM
Granted that Ty likes to pile on where unwarranted but there is also no lack of people laying into him about it. So where does it end? Like I've been saying for months lets stop fixing the problems. Lets fix the cause.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-14-2009, 10:41 PM

Woody and cpk have had plenty of tassles so why do you feel the need to get involved ? And the grammar......petty... more petty bullshit

And Really, does it matter if Woody wanted to create seperate threads for each NFC Team ? Is that really a reason to do more nitpicking ?

Who cares if the threads get posts or not; if people read the articles....they could be labled a success. More crap. We've all at some times used the phrase...if you don't like it....skip the thread. So why get negative ?

Ty is very smart and a good poster; but Ty can also really be a jerk when he chooses to.

Ty is unaware of past tussles. Ty found his post distasteful..and attacking. Ty is tired of the hypocrisy of woodbuck and the backhanded insults.

Grammar: Petty? Maybe...but, the point was the same as his...bullshit...he wrote a full paragraph attacking him as a poster...so, i illustrated the same to him.

Threads: Ty made one comment. If Wood wants to respond and attack...then GAME ON.

Success: Sure, if that is the purpose...but, Woody clearly has said it wasn't. So, no success.

Poster: Ty will admit to being a jerk sometimes...not always of his choosing.

P.S. Ty is assuming you meant tussles not tassles.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-14-2009, 10:45 PM
Granted that Ty likes to pile on where unwarranted but there is also no lack of people laying into him about it. So where does it end? Like I've been saying for months lets stop fixing the problems. Lets fix the cause.

20 minutes after giving a sermon about being a good poster, woody was attacking and not being polite. As if he is a better and more moral person.

All Ty did in this thread was show the evidence. Woody coulda ended the whole thing by just admitting that he did so, but he can't.

Instead he pretends it didn't happen and that what he did was ok.

As for laying into Ty...ty can take it. They killed jesus....no less for ty.

Zool
07-14-2009, 10:47 PM

20 minutes after giving a sermon about being a good poster, woody was attacking and not being polite. As if he is a better and more moral person.

All Ty did in this thread was show the evidence. Woody coulda ended the whole thing by just admitting that he did so, but he can't.

That has been Woody's MO since JSO and it hasn't/will never change.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-14-2009, 10:50 PM

Didn't know that.

That makes it ok?

Zool
07-14-2009, 10:50 PM

Didn't know that.

That makes it ok?

Not in the least. Please re-read my first post.

Harlan Huckleby
07-15-2009, 12:04 AM

"they"? "they"?

you mean "we" don't you? Goddamn christ killers.

mraynrand
07-15-2009, 12:27 AM
off this thread goes to FYI or oblivion.

cpk1994
07-15-2009, 02:00 AM
Woody and cpk have had plenty of tassles so why do you feel the need to get involved ? This isn't a tassle. Woody totally misread what I posted and has blown it way out of proportion. I said that some Favre fans still want TT fired becuase he didn't bend over backwards and give Favre whatever he wants. Somehow, Woody thinks I claimed that some Packerrats posters wanted TT fired becuase of the Favre situation.

SnakeLH2006
07-15-2009, 02:54 AM
Woody and cpk have had plenty of tassles so why do you feel the need to get involved ? This isn't a tassle. Woody totally misread what I posted and has blown it way out of proportion. I said that some Favre fans still want TT fired becuase he didn't bend over backwards and give Favre whatever he wants. Somehow, Woody thinks I claimed that some Packerrats posters wanted TT fired becuase of the Favre situation.

LOLFuckingLOL....Yeah...Wood "just" misread it did he? What a crock o shit! You wanna know what? Snake is PRO Green Bay Packers! Not anti-TT, not anti-Brett, not anti-anything other than the negativity and so sick of EVERY post on here lately getting nit-picked and run over by guys who think they are the know-all, end-all of all things Rats. That shit is getting old. Quit nit-picking and posting the same negative garbage or get lost. Snake is anti-NEGATIVITY. Post something positive or get out, CPK.

Were you not the same Rat a year ago who went just fucking ballistic saying fuck MM, TT, Murphy, Brett, all of them over the Favre fiasco in one of the most entertainingly bad posts ever posted on PR? Yep, that was you. (I gotta look that up to put it as a sig).

You've bashed anti-TT posters (yes the Rats) left and right over your march to 4000 posts, but you know what? None are left....either sick of your rantings, or just left, or just acknowledged he's a deece GM without the insults. The few that support you, very very few, are just as negative as you, and will be gone shortly I hope.

No matter what, why question Bretsky? Dude has been SO classy as all hell and always taken the high road on all these arguments. Learn something from him. People log in to PR to get some Packers insight (that is paramount), not the hate. There's a HUGE difference between opinion and bashing. Opinions lead to better learning, knowledge, and mindsets. Hate leads to Nazis and bad things. Learn that. Your act is SO tiresome. I could post most all your comments here from those past (like EVERY post you have posted), and one thing is common.. guess?.....Yep, negativity and hate. God, I'm so sick of it. Wood at least is happy about the Pack. Where are you?

Here's what Snake says and most would agree (as I've been posting a long time, but what do peeps see that just log on here see you say:) "I HATE HATE HATE all things you say...I HATE YOU, I HATE this...I HATE how that is going. I HATE this Packer thing. You SUCK I HATE YOU."

STOP. How does that help anything? Just quit hating or quit posting. OK..quit posting. Thanks. Please.

Scott Campbell
07-15-2009, 07:45 AM
God, I'm so sick of it.

Yeah, your constant whining sort of gave me that impression.

SkinBasket
07-15-2009, 08:23 AM
Snake, I get that cpk's made his own legacy, but at some point ya'll need to step off his cock and let the guy post without taking every opportunity to twist anything he says into something for you to scream or complain about. Kind of hard for the guy to change how he posts when you guys won't let him forget about it at every turn.

Administrator
07-15-2009, 08:50 AM
This thread is ridiculous.

From almost the beginning of page 2 to the end, it has nothing to do about football.

Ty - you involve yourself in many discussions that have nothing to do with you. It is seemingly beyond your ability to stay out of it. I'm tired of it. We'll see you after the 1st preseason game. Have a good rest of the summer.

CPK - You've been involved in way too much crap here and this was the final straw. You're gone. Good luck.

Woody & Snake - Please keep in mind that this forum is for football discussions. I want folks to feel OK to call out BS when they see it, but don't take it too far. Multiple threads in the packer forum have diverted off track in the past two days about this crap. Don't add to it.

thread closed.