PDA

View Full Version : Favre the quitter?

CaptainKickass
07-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Hey, I am probably the last guy who should be posting yet another Favre thread, BUT

Fox Sports has officially named him the 7th (out of 12) Most infamous "quitters" in sports.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/pgStory?contentId=9792590&GT1=39002#sport=NFL&photo=9792436

I really hope that's the face he makes after GB kicks some Viking ass all over the dome.

Harlan Huckleby
07-15-2009, 12:33 PM
I'm not sure how you call Favre a quitter when that seems to be the very thing he is incapable of doing.

Scott Campbell
07-15-2009, 12:41 PM
I'm not sure how you call Favre a quitter when that seems to be the very thing he is incapable of doing.

What the hell are you talking about - he's a prolific quitter.

MadScientist
07-15-2009, 12:44 PM

What the hell are you talking about - he's a prolific quitter.
He not only quits, he quits quitting.

Now when will quit quitting quitting. :lol:

Jimx29
07-15-2009, 05:16 PM
oh yea.....that damned consecutive games started stat shows exactly the type of quitter he is :roll:

some more typical "fair and balanced" shit from the faux network

woodbuck27
07-16-2009, 03:18 PM

Hey Harlan. Congrat's on that sex change operation. Your lovely. :D

Ohh as to Favre and being a quitter. Hahahahahahahahaha. :D

GO PACKERS!

gbgary
07-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Fox Sports has officially named him the 7th (out of 12) Most infamous "quitters" in sports.

actually...they named him #1 and #7.

Fritz
07-16-2009, 09:07 PM

actually...they named him #1 and #7.

Is that because he's quit twice?

MJZiggy
07-17-2009, 05:24 AM
Third time's the charm?

Bretsky
07-17-2009, 07:20 AM
I didn't read the article because I think it's bunk calling him a quitter. Can call him a waffler....disloyal...etc. But he keeps wanting to play so I don't buy the quitter aspect one bit

Scott Campbell
07-17-2009, 08:27 AM
I didn't read the article because I think it's bunk calling him a quitter. Can call him a waffler....disloyal...etc. But he keeps wanting to play so I don't buy the quitter aspect one bit

It wasn't as bad as you'd think. They included Jim Brown and Barry Sanders in the list too.

]{ilr]3
07-17-2009, 08:38 AM

I think its fair.

Anyone I played with as a kid that would quit just because things werent going they way they wanted and then plays again and quits because things arent goning there way was a quitter!

Pretty much Burt Favre in a nut shell!

Fritz
07-17-2009, 10:09 AM
It's the old have-to-sell-product thing, Bretsky. It's less compelling to call Barry Sanders or Jim Brown or Brett Favre a "retirer."

I don't think of Favre as a quitter. I don't think many people do.

I actually admire the Jim Browns, Barry Sanderses and Sandy Koufaxes of the world. Retire while you're on top, before you become a shell of your former self. As young as I was, I knew it was damn sad to see Ray Nitschke on the Packers the last couple years.

MOBB DEEP
07-18-2009, 03:35 PM
live and let live....

like d. driver said "i wish him the best..."

haters abound..

DAYUM...

GrnBay007
07-18-2009, 03:39 PM
live and let live....

haters abound..

DAYUM...

Driver is a CLASS ACT. Would never expect less from him. Can't say the same for many, unfortunately.

MOBB DEEP
07-18-2009, 03:42 PM
live and let live....

haters abound..

DAYUM...

Driver is a CLASS ACT. Would never expect less from him. Can't say the same for many, unfortunately.

smooches doulbe 0

jackie macmullan lives

GrnBay007
07-18-2009, 03:51 PM
jackie macmullan lives

LOL U goof! :P

MOBB DEEP
07-18-2009, 03:57 PM
right! kinda cool only u and i know wat that means

altruism abounds..he he..

Packers4Ever
07-18-2009, 06:01 PM
oh yea.....that damned consecutive games started stat shows exactly the type of quitter he is :roll:

some more typical "fair and balanced" shit from the faux network

I have a real strong feeling that Favre may surprise everyone in '09. This small delay in late July ( 7/30 ) just means he's taken extra time to make darn sure his body and throwing arm, etc...are good and ready. Brett's coming back and ready to show EVERYone just what he can do !! Be
patient, people !! :D

SnakeLH2006
07-19-2009, 12:40 AM
It's the old have-to-sell-product thing, Bretsky. It's less compelling to call Barry Sanders or Jim Brown or Brett Favre a "retirer."

I don't think of Favre as a quitter. I don't think many people do.

I actually admire the Jim Browns, Barry Sanderses and Sandy Koufaxes of the world. Retire while you're on top, before you become a shell of your former self. As young as I was, I knew it was damn sad to see Ray Nitschke on the Packers the last couple years.

"I say good post...you say Fritz...I say good post you say Fritz.."

LOL. But it is what is it is. Peeps go one way or the other.

Snake ain't all gung-ho over Brett anymore, but goddamn it's fun watching him play....I couldn't care less over the drama (really who care's...he's an ex-player) but even at 39/40 he's like M. Jordan in a way...super exciting/ratings/drama....and damn does Snake like seeing him play.

He ain't no quitter (been saying this for 10 years yo: He won't retire till they drag his ass off the field). It's seems like a last hurrah (as I'm sure Bretty loves to break the 270 game streak of starts with 2 more) but Snake would not be surprised to seem him play (barring a torn ACL, or equivalent) 3 more years team to team. Dude is like nuclear energy. Powerful in spurts, control it else you are fucked...and no one knows the true output. I'd like to think it's his last year, but shit, we'll be talking bout' this shit till 2012. LOL.

th87
07-19-2009, 07:53 AM
live and let live....

haters abound..

DAYUM...

You're always talking about haters and how it's just entertainment. And yet, you've hated on Ted Thompson and have wanted him fired.

Kinda funny.

th87
07-19-2009, 07:54 AM
live and let live....

haters abound..

DAYUM...

Like...Favre? ;)

But really, what else would Driver say?

MOBB DEEP
07-20-2009, 08:19 AM
i support the players over management EVRYtime b/c they're the ones who provide me with ENTERTAINMENT

is it even possible to hate on a GM? we can only say that we dont like the job they're doing; same with a coach....apples to oranges

MOBB DEEP
07-20-2009, 08:21 AM
I have a real strong feeling that Favre may surprise everyone in '09. This small delay in late July ( 7/30 ) just means he's taken extra time to make darn sure his body and throwing arm, etc...are good and ready. Brett's coming back and ready to show EVERYone just what he can do !!

QFT....its gon be on and poppn

MOBB DEEP
07-20-2009, 08:26 AM
live and let live....

haters abound..

DAYUM...

Like...Favre? ;)

But really, what else would Driver say?

driver coulda said what jennings said; "i dont care..."

but like ALL of america he wants to see brett ...he he

AV David
07-20-2009, 08:38 AM
"Retire while you're on top, before you become a shell of your former self. .."

Like Brett?

I would think a non-quitter would show up for OTA's and mini camps once in awhile; maybe even bone up on the playbook when joining a new team. When you just want to show up for the season and the $10 million, I see that as mailing it in. Mailing it in is synonymous with quitting.

th87
07-20-2009, 09:00 AM
i support the players over management EVRYtime b/c they're the ones who provide me with ENTERTAINMENT

is it even possible to hate on a GM? we can only say that we dont like the job they're doing; same with a coach....apples to oranges

The management also provides you with entertainment by bringing in the players and building a winning team, no?

Your sentiment is akin to saying, "Screw the music producer, I only care about the rapper," when it was both of them that were instrumental (ha) in creating a successful record.

As an aside, I decided to revisit "The Infamous." They don't make it like that anymore. And G-Unit, really?

MOBB DEEP
07-20-2009, 11:40 AM

The management also provides you with entertainment by bringing in the players and building a winning team, no?

Your sentiment is akin to saying, "Screw the music producer, I only care about the rapper," when it was both of them that were instrumental (ha) in creating a successful record.

As an aside, I decided to revisit "The Infamous." They don't make it like that anymore. And G-Unit, really?

TH, the infamous is BANANAS right?!

whew...

im not sure why they never get/got their props; prodigy is something special imho...i be feeln him like the Hill Street Blues theme lol

woodbuck27
07-21-2009, 04:30 PM
live and let live....

haters abound..

DAYUM...

You're always talking about haters and how it's just entertainment. And yet, you've hated on Ted Thompson and have wanted him fired.

Kinda funny.

It's my position that alot of the anti TT rhetoric that once was seen here was because alot of us saw clearly that TT was dismantling the team around Brett Favre. It was obvious TT was headed in a new direction and of course that was difficult to stomach for those loyal to Favre the player and arguably all time favourite Green Bay Packer.

Well Favre is gone. Time to move on and pull for TT and his team. Of course some will continue to follow and enjoy whatever Favre does that's positive as well. Unfortunately for Packer fans loyality barometer it appears that Favre and the TT Packers are on a collision course and the drama is going to build.

Who wins here. Any NFL fan that appreciates the intrigue and the story. It's like watching the exploits of Lance Armstrong currently in the Tour de France. Today he's running in second place and may all be out of it, but the next couple of legs may indicate an unexpected result and he may seize the lead from Contadour. It's the story.

GO PACKERS!

ThunderDan
07-21-2009, 05:00 PM
Who wins here. Any NFL fan that appreciates the intrigue and the story. It's like watching the exploits of Lance Armstrong currently in the Tour de France. Today he's running in second place and may all be out of it, but the next couple of legs may indicate an unexpected result and he may seize the lead from Contadour. It's the story.

GO PACKERS!

This is not even comparable to Lance Armstrong.

You might have been able to stretch to it if BF returned to the Packers in 08 and actually competed for the QB slot last year head-to-head with Rodgers.

Or a better comparasion yet would have been BF sitting out 2008 and wanting to play for the Pack in 2009 and competing against the 08 starting QB for the 09 slot.

Armstrong didn't jump to another team and he didn't call the management out for not saying he was the team leader for the 2009 Tour.

Pugger
07-22-2009, 01:07 PM
Armstrong faded today and now is fourth overall and will not win this year's Tour. If you watch Lance at 37 try to keep up with those younger riders in that grueling event you can see he isn't the same rider as he was just a couple of years ago even tho I'm sure he trained like mad beforehand. So Brett at 40 (he will be 40 in early October), can he keep up with all of the younger guys in the NFL today? :?:

ThunderDan
07-22-2009, 01:14 PM
Armstrong faded today and now is fourth overall and will not win this year's Tour. If you watch Lance at 37 try to keep up with those younger riders in that grueling event you can see he isn't the same rider as he was just a couple of years ago even tho I'm sure he trained like mad beforehand. So Brett at 40 (he will be 40 in early October), can he keep up with all of the younger guys in the NFL today? :?:

Armstrong was the perfect teammate today. He knew he couldn't win and by putting in the extra effect to close the distance between himself and his teammate he would have helped the other teams. So instead he rode on the back of his group not using extra energy to keep himself in the running to win the Yellow Jersey and other opponents also.

After today really only three people have a "reasonable" chance of winning.

Bossman641
07-22-2009, 01:33 PM
live and let live....

haters abound..

DAYUM...

Kinda funny.

It's my position that alot of the anti TT rhetoric that once was seen here was because alot of us saw clearly that TT was dismantling the team around Brett Favre. It was obvious TT was headed in a new direction and of course that was difficult to stomach for thse loyal to Favre the player and arguably all time favourite Packer player.

Well Favre is gone. Time to move on and pull for TT and his team. Of course some will continue to follow and enjoy whatever Favre does that's positive as well. Unfortunately for Packer fans loyality barometer it appears that Favre and the TT Packers are on a collision course and the drama is going to build.

GO PACKERS!

Clearly saw he was dismantling a team? Proof?

Comparing Favre to Lance Armstrong is laughable. Talk to me when Lance retires, refuses to put in the time and work required, and then trash talks his former team and joins another team (at least partly) out of spite.

MOBB DEEP
07-22-2009, 01:57 PM
live and let live....

haters abound..

DAYUM...

Kinda funny.

TT was headed in a new direction and of course that was difficult to stomach for thse loyal to Favre the player and arguably all time favourite Packer player.

bingo

quite elementary really

and since aaron is a stud and favre is still balling well i have no quams with TT other than the way he handled "my brett..."

life goes on and its gona be a doozy this season

Scott Campbell
07-22-2009, 04:10 PM
.......... because alot of us saw clearly that TT was dismantling the team around Brett Favre.

Congratulations for seeing so clearly.

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/CORPOD/CB040720~Chihuahua-Wearing-Eyeglasses-Posters.jpg

mraynrand
07-22-2009, 04:18 PM
Comparing Favre to Lance Armstrong is laughable. Talk to me when Lance retires, refuses to put in the time and work required, and then trash talks his former team and joins another team (at least partly) out of spite.

The first cut is the deepest...

MOBB DEEP
07-22-2009, 04:28 PM
.......... because alot of us saw clearly that TT was dismantling the team around Brett Favre.

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/CORPOD/CB040720~Chihuahua-Wearing-Eyeglasses-Posters.jpg

GNR...

Scott Campbell
07-22-2009, 04:43 PM
GNR...

GNR?

hoosier
07-23-2009, 12:59 PM
The latest on Favre from ESPN: his shoulder is fine but he's still feeling "conflicted" about joining the Vikings. The rationale makes perfect sense. Having already reached pretty much every major team and individual milestone imaginaable, and being 39 years old, who wouldn't be ambivalent about TC followed by 17 weeks of having 300 lb lineman trying to take his head off? But Favre clearly has a large share of control over how this story is getting reported, and it's beyond me why he would want to contribute this "will he or won't he?" game. Why not just find some underground bunker and disappear from the media spotlight until he's made up his mind one way or the other? He's not doing the Vikings or his "legacy" any favors.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4350876

Favre has experienced the rigors of an 18-year NFL career and apparently worries about their effect. Favre seems aware that he will be criticized for renouncing his retirement for a second time and that would make it impossible for him to sign with the Vikings, only to experience physical problems and leave the team without enduring a hailstorm of negative reaction about why he ever tried to play again. That is the reason, according to those close to him, that he remains conflicted about what to tell the Vikings.

LP
07-23-2009, 01:55 PM
"...Darrell Bevell, who was Favre's offensive coordinator in Green Bay for three seasons."

Since when was Darrell Bevell an offensive coordinator in Green Bay?

Zool
07-23-2009, 02:06 PM
"...Darrell Bevell, who was Favre's offensive coordinator in Green Bay for three seasons."

Since when was Darrell Bevell an offensive coordinator in Green Bay?

Facts schmacts

]{ilr]3
07-23-2009, 02:07 PM
The latest on Favre from ESPN: his shoulder is fine but he's still feeling "conflicted" about joining the Vikings. The rationale makes perfect sense. Having already reached pretty much every major team and individual milestone imaginaable, and being 39 years old, who wouldn't be ambivalent about TC followed by 17 weeks of having 300 lb lineman trying to take his head off? But Favre clearly has a large share of control over how this story is getting reported, and it's beyond me why he would want to contribute this "will he or won't he?" game. Why not just find some underground bunker and disappear from the media spotlight until he's made up his mind one way or the other? He's not doing the Vikings or his "legacy" any favors.

Favre has experienced the rigors of an 18-year NFL career and apparently worries about their effect. Favre seems aware that he will be criticized for renouncing his retirement for a second time and that would make it impossible for him to sign with the Vikings, only to experience physical problems and leave the team without enduring a hailstorm of negative reaction about why he ever tried to play again. That is the reason, according to those close to him, that he remains conflicted about what to tell the Vikings.

So now he is thinking about quittin, quitting for a team he has never even played for?

Thats HOF style quitten there boy!

CaptainKickass
07-23-2009, 02:52 PM
{ilr]3]

So now he is thinking about quittin, quitting for a team he has never even played for?

Thats HOF style quitten there boy!

Although as a Packer fan - I really wouldn't mind if he decided NOT to play for MN, preferably at the very very last minute. He'd be leaving the Vikings lockerroom/players divided somewhat and there would likely be some animosity felt by the "other" QB's on that team. Taking the air right out of their sails.

Sounds good to me!

:D

Cheesehead Craig
07-23-2009, 03:05 PM
So now AD, Hutch and several other prominent players for the Vikes are on record wanting Favre to be their QB. If he doesn't go the Vikes, there's going to be a bunch of hurt feelings and some serious animosity in that clubhouse with T-Jack and Rosencopter. Talk about a no confidence vote.

Fritz
07-23-2009, 04:09 PM
If you buy into the theory that Hamlet's biggest problem was his conflicted conscience and his inability to make a decision, then you might see a parallel between Hamlet and a certain former Packer QB.

I bet he's even conflicted about being conflicted.

hoosier
07-23-2009, 04:32 PM
They might both be conflicted to the nth power, but I doubt Brett shares Hamlet's ability to plumb the depths of his own being:

Hamlet: A man may fish with the worm that hath eat of a king, and eat of the fish that hath fed of that worm.
Claudius: What dost thou mean by this?
Hamlet: Nothing but to show you how a king may go a progress through the guts of a beggar.

woodbuck27
07-23-2009, 05:06 PM

Football Scott!!

We can always count on you to be so genuine and conribute so much to the morale here at Packerrats. Don't you ever grow old on yourself Scott?

:idea:

Freak Out
07-23-2009, 05:14 PM
They might both be conflicted to the nth power, but I doubt Brett shares Hamlet's ability to plumb the depths of his own being:

Hamlet: A man may fish with the worm that hath eat of a king, and eat of the fish that hath fed of that worm.
Hamlet: Nothing but to show you how a king may go a progress through the guts of a beggar.

"It is not, nor it cannot come to good."

woodbuck27
07-23-2009, 05:49 PM
http://www.twincities.com/ci_12899523?nclick_check=1

Take a gander at the pic of Brett Favre at the bottom of this release. He's looking lean and hard. He looks in incredible condition and it's obvious he's wanted in Minnesota.

Will he be the perceived last link?

I'll be very surprised if he doesn't give it one more hitch with the Vikings. Is he anxious? Of course he has to be. As we age there does come a time when we realize we cannot compete at as high a level as we once did. The body and mind are the sanity of the reality check.

That's where Brett Favre is right now. Dealing with that struggle. Reality. :D

GO PACK GO!

Scott Campbell
07-23-2009, 05:53 PM
Don't you ever grow old on yourself Scott?

I'll always be young at heart you blind ole fart.

woodbuck27
07-23-2009, 06:00 PM
Don't you ever grow old on yourself Scott?

I'll always be young at heart you blind ole fart.

Scott I'l say goodbye to you now bcause it's obvious to me your setting yourself up to be banned from Packerrats.

I feel sad for you Scott.

Fritz
07-23-2009, 06:27 PM

Football Scott!!

We can always count on you to be so genuine and conribute so much to the morale here at Packerrats. Don't you ever grow old on yourself Scott?

:idea:

Scott, I think that's Waldo's cousin!

MJZiggy
07-23-2009, 06:56 PM
Please see my post in the prediction thread...thx.

Fritz
07-24-2009, 09:23 AM

Maybe not, but I bet Favre can plumb the depths of a dirty joke!

Hamlet: Lady, shall I lie in your lap?

Ophelia: No, my lord.

Hamlet: I mean, my head upon your lap?

Ophelia: Ay, my lord.

Hamlet: Do you think I meant country matters?

Ophelia: I think nothing, my lord.

Hamlet: That's a fair thought to lie between maids' legs.

Ophelia: What is, my lord?

Hamlet: Nothing.

Ah, Shakespeare. That dirty bastard!

Waldo
07-24-2009, 09:53 AM
Do you think that all those players have really contacted Favre.....

Or, as this story (the latest about the conflicted thing) seems to have originated from sources close to Favre (cough Cook), is this public contract negotiation.

Where in reality the Vikes offered something Cook balked at. Instead of settling it in a negotiation room like normal agent-teams, Cook knows the tremendous power of his idolic client, and is playing them godfather style.

Chilly & co - 1 yr, 2M, incentive laden.
Cook - LOL, call back when you are serious.
Cook to Favre - They don't want you yet. I'll fix that, just act like an aw shucks good boy and play with the kids.
Favre - Sounds good. But I really want to play for them, and my arm feels fine.
Cook to ESPN - We have a deal in place for 1 yr 10M. But Brett is conflicted, he doesn't know if he really wants to do it, though several Mn players (including all their stars) have contacted him and he feels an obligation to them.
Chilly to the FO - We don't have a deal for that? Should we call the players and see if they have been calling Brett? Can we trust them to tell us if they have been? Should we wait for them to call if he is lying? Call Brett and see what he has to say.
Brett to Chilly - No I haven't talked to ESPN. I've been throwing with the kids. My arm feels great. Have you and Bus worked out a contract.

http://nfl-football-jerseys-gear.com/blog/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/0e453_bus-cook.jpg

"I'll make Chilly an offer he can't refuse, I'll assure him that his name or his career will be on that contract."

Chilly knows:
Bus wants 1 yr 10M.
He will have chemistry problems and angry players/fans if Brett doesn't come to town.
They expect 1 yr 10M, any less and they know that it was the Mn FO, and not Brett, dragging their feet.

Mn fans know:
Contract is in place.
Brett wants to be sure his arm is right, but if he falters later, you know what to blame.
Players really want him and locker room is not divided.

GB fans know:
Favre is conflicted, and if it weren't for his sense of duty, he wouldn't be doing this.

Bus Cook is a snake.

hoosier
07-24-2009, 10:07 AM
And meanwhile the "confliction" grows stronger and stronger every day.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81171197&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Multitude of issues likely to delay Favre's decision on possible return

Who would fardels bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after death,
The undiscovered country, from whose bourn
No traveller returns, puzzles the will,
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all,
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,
And enterprise of great pitch and moment
With this regard their currents turn awry
And lose the name of action.

hoosier
07-24-2009, 10:12 AM
Where in reality the Vikes offered something Cook balked at. Instead of settling it in a negotiation room like normal agent-teams, Cook knows the tremendous power of his idolic client, and is playing them godfather style.

Thomas George claims that a higher up in the Vikings org told him that Favre would be earning "north of 10M" if he plays. It doesn't sound like they have a disagreement about payscale. I suspect this latest act in the circus might well be exactly what it seems--Favre hemming and hawing and procrastinating.

In any case, this kind of dispels my greatest fear: that Chilly was going to find a way to reign Favre in and make him into an effective cog in the Vikings well oiled ground-based offense. :lol:

ThunderDan
07-24-2009, 10:24 AM

Take a gander at the pic of Brett Favre at the bottom of this release. He's looking lean and hard. He looks in incredible condition and it's obvious he's wanted in Minnesota.

Dudes in khaki shorts and has his watch on. The high school football player behind BF looks to be in better shape.

Fritz
07-24-2009, 12:04 PM
To play, or not to play. That is the question. Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous media, or test arms against a sea of high schoolers and by throwing, end doubts. To retire, to sleep - no more - and by a sleep say we end the countless meetings and the thousand unnatural shocks that a quarterback is heir to. 'Tis a consummation devoutly to be wished. To retire, to sleep; to sleep, perchance to dream. Ay, there's the rub, for in that sleep of retirement what dreams may come, shuffled off to Buffalo - or Minnesota.

MOBB DEEP
07-24-2009, 12:09 PM

Dudes in khaki shorts and has his watch on. The high school football player behind BF looks to be in better shape.

SO...??!!

same thing last summer rockn the cargo shorts and watch; yet MADE PRO BOWL!!

woodbuck27
07-24-2009, 12:39 PM
live and let live....

haters abound..

DAYUM...

Kinda funny.

It's my position that alot of the anti TT rhetoric that once was seen here was because alot of us saw clearly that TT was dismantling the team around Brett Favre. It was obvious TT was headed in a new direction and of course that was difficult to stomach for thse loyal to Favre the player and arguably all time favourite Packer player.

GO PACKERS!

'' Clearly saw he was dismantling a team? Proof? '' Bossman641

You've been along for the ride Packer fan. Surely you've read that Ted Thompson has been re-building the Packers. How many Packers pre Ted Thompson were still on the roster last season?

'' Comparing Favre to Lance Armstrong is laughable. Talk to me when Lance retires, refuses to put in the time and work required, and then trash talks his former team and joins another team (at least partly) out of spite. ''
Bossman641

You can laugh Bossman641. :D

Favre has swoed us plenty of dedication to being there for us to win. He's working his tail off to feel ready to join the Vikings and doing so 3-4 days a week in a formal practise setting with young men less than half his age.

I've followed the Tour de France from the start of the race and there has been plenty of controversy between teammates Contadour and Armstrong. It's settled down the past week as Contadour has seized the moment to go well ahead and win the Tour.

GO PACKERS!

Scott Campbell
07-24-2009, 12:58 PM
Surely you've read that Ted Thompson has been re-building the Packers. How many Packers pre Ted Thompson were still on the roster last season?

This statement is absolutely useless - unless you compare it to the league's average roster turnover for someone of Thompson's tenure. He asked you for proof of your claim that Ted was "dismantling" the Packers. You didn't prove anything.

I would expect that he has a higher than average turnover rate anyway - given the threadbare condition of Sherman's final roster.

woodbuck27
07-24-2009, 01:17 PM
Surely you've read that Ted Thompson has been re-building the Packers. How many Packers pre Ted Thompson were still on the roster last season?

This statement is absolutely useless - unless you compare it to the league's average roster turnover for someone of Thompson's tenure. He asked you for proof of your claim that Ted was "dismantling" the Packers. You didn't prove anything.

I would expect that he has a higher than average turnover rate anyway - given the threadbare condition of Sherman's final roster.

I'm reluctant to even respond to you Scott Campbell as your on one of your pseudo masochistic kicks again. I'm guessing you need a little attention and every animal in the barnyard deserves attention. :D

Scott what do you expect ? A thesis? Graphs and bar charts? We at Packerrats follow the record closely. You certainly have been aware of the wholesale changes TT made to our team. I'll change the word fr. dismantling to re-building if that better satisfys your demanding authority here. :D

Clearly TT has been re-building the Packers since he arrived and that effort to re-build has meant we've witnessed an almost total dismantling of the pre Ted Thompson Packers.

Scott Campbell
07-24-2009, 01:23 PM
Scott what do you expect ? A thesis? Graphs and bar charts?

No. I got exactly what was expected - your usual hissy fit, and an inability to backup what you said. :lol:

Bossman641
07-24-2009, 01:30 PM
live and let live....

haters abound..

DAYUM...

Kinda funny.

GO PACKERS!

You've been along for the ride Packer fan. Surely you've read that Ted Thompson has been re-building the Packers. How many Packers pre Ted Thompson were still on the roster last season?

How many Packers pre-Thompson were deserving to be on the roster?

Rebuilding and dismantling have completely different definitions. By saying dismantling, you insinuate that the Packers had a SB quality team in place and TT tore it down for the hell of it.

I don't disagree he did some rebuilding of the roster, but it was also necessary to rebuild, and I think the team is stocked fairly well going forward.

A bar chart would be nice though :D

Scott Campbell
07-24-2009, 01:33 PM
..............and every animal in the barnyard deserves attention. :D

I sometimes forget how lonely it must be up in Canada.

woodbuck27
07-24-2009, 01:45 PM
..............and every animal in the barnyard deserves attention. :D

I sometimes forget how lonely it must be up in Canada.

I suppose some people in Canada might be lonely at times. I never feel that way Scott as life is wonderful and rich. Now if your posts are non football related please put a can on them Scott.

Otherwise try to relax please. :D

woodbuck27
07-24-2009, 01:51 PM
live and let live....

haters abound..

DAYUM...

Kinda funny.

GO PACKERS!

How many Packers pre-Thompson were deserving to be on the roster?

Rebuilding and dismantling have completely different definitions. By saying dismantling, you insinuate that the Packers had a SB quality team in place and TT tore it down for the hell of it.

I don't disagree he did some rebuilding of the roster, but it was also necessary to rebuild, and I think the team is stocked fairly well going forward.

A bar chart would be nice though :D

It's a long time since I was in a Stat's class. :D

I believe the popular opinion is that Ted Thompson has done a marvelous job as out GM. I certainly have hope that we will soon enjoy the fruits of his imagination and best efforts.

GO PACKERS!

SnakeLH2006
07-24-2009, 11:32 PM
It's funny with Brett..cuz a year ago with all the division I was pretty pro-Brett (but never anti-Arod)....Seeing Brett get "old" last year and Arod really grow as a leader/QB, I'm so happy it's how it is now in GB.

I have a few Vikes buddies, and they are split on Brett coming to Minn...kinda how it was on here last year, but I laugh now at the non-stop drama. I mean really, ESPN makes tons on this shit, didn't they have a Favre ticker on ESPN NEWS last year? :shock: :lol:

If Favre DOESN'T come back to the Vikes, this really is gonna look terrible on his part, as I read other forums/websites, and basically the top players for the Vikes WANT him, but the QB's look pretty pissed (Tavaris, Sage) about it and want a trade, etc. That is some pretty shitty division of players. If he (Brett) doesn't come back...woe be to the Vikes, as that team is a divided shit pile of splinters for leadership. He better come back (no doubt he will, as I like Brett the player, but every passing week really, really makes him the attention whore). Woe be to the Vikes. Be forewarned. :lol:

Gunakor
07-25-2009, 01:39 AM

SO...??!!

same thing last summer rockn the cargo shorts and watch; yet MADE PRO BOWL!!

Brett could finish with a 2000 yard, 15 TD season with a QB rating in the 70's this year and still be elected to the Pro Bowl. His being elected to the Pro Bowl is both expected and fairly meaningless nowadays. You know as well as I that it's a popularity contest, and there's no more popular QB in the NFL than Favre. He'll get elected every year.

pack4to84
07-25-2009, 07:20 AM
I am so glad the Packers don't have to go through this anymore. Now BF thinking on retiring again saying he don't want to play for the vikings. The more this goes on just shows how smart TT is and how dump BF is. BF is making himself look stupid and childish.

MichiganPackerFan
07-25-2009, 07:24 AM
I am so glad the Packers don't have to go through this anymore.

I think that should have been followed with a "Can I get an 'Amen'?"

Hell yes you can! Amen!!

Fritz
07-25-2009, 12:22 PM
I called into a Detroit sports station yesterday and made that very point. The sports talk dude laughed.

Another caller made a good point, which I have written about in another thread: If Favre's calling card over the years has been his competetiveness - if that's what made him special - and he can't decide now whether he wants to compete or not, hasn't he lost the very trait that made him so good?

I wonder.

90% of the callers thought that Favre is no longer worth the trouble. They see an aging, fading, "attention whore."

We'll see if they're right...as soon as Brett makes up his mind.

swede
07-25-2009, 11:02 PM
I called into a Detroit sports station yesterday and made that very point. The sports talk dude laughed.

Another caller made a good point, which I have written about in another thread: If Favre's calling card over the years has been his competetiveness - if that's what made him special - and he can't decide now whether he wants to compete or not, hasn't he lost the very trait that made him so good?

I wonder.

90% of the callers thought that Favre is no longer worth the trouble. They see an aging, fading, "attention whore."

On a FOX sports radio program an NFL commentator named Howard Balzer (a guess as to the spelling) simply dismissed Favre as an attention addict, and casually, as if it were a universal assumption.

What a sad mantle to hang over the end of a storied career.

Fritz
07-26-2009, 09:20 AM
If Favre signs with the Vikings, he'd be an attention whore. If, however, he decides not to sign, then he would be, I think, an attention slut, as he would not be getting paid.

ThunderDan
07-26-2009, 11:15 AM

I got into this argument last year with a friend. I thought TT had completely turned over the roster (which he has) and at a rate much higher than any GM in the NFL.

The first three teams I checked were within 4 players of the same amount of turnover as the Packers. So I stopped there and desided rosters turnover at an amazing rate.

I think we get so hooked on the 3 or 4 players that stay on the team and become our favorites (because they perform every year like Favre, Driver, and Clifton) that we don't realize how fast everyone else is gone.

woodbuck27
07-26-2009, 11:42 AM
Do you think that all those players have really contacted Favre.....

Or, as this story (the latest about the conflicted thing) seems to have originated from sources close to Favre (cough Cook), is this public contract negotiation.

Chilly & co - 1 yr, 2M, incentive laden.
Cook - LOL, call back when you are serious.
Cook to Favre - They don't want you yet. I'll fix that, just act like an aw shucks good boy and play with the kids.
Favre - Sounds good. But I really want to play for them, and my arm feels fine.
Cook to ESPN - We have a deal in place for 1 yr 10M. But Brett is conflicted, he doesn't know if he really wants to do it, though several Mn players (including all their stars) have contacted him and he feels an obligation to them.
Chilly to the FO - We don't have a deal for that? Should we call the players and see if they have been calling Brett? Can we trust them to tell us if they have been? Should we wait for them to call if he is lying? Call Brett and see what he has to say.
Brett to Chilly - No I haven't talked to ESPN. I've been throwing with the kids. My arm feels great. Have you and Bus worked out a contract.

http://nfl-football-jerseys-gear.com/blog/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/0e453_bus-cook.jpg

"I'll make Chilly an offer he can't refuse, I'll assure him that his name or his career will be on that contract."

Chilly knows:
Bus wants 1 yr 10M.
He will have chemistry problems and angry players/fans if Brett doesn't come to town.
They expect 1 yr 10M, any less and they know that it was the Mn FO, and not Brett, dragging their feet.

Mn fans know:
Contract is in place.
Brett wants to be sure his arm is right, but if he falters later, you know what to blame.
Players really want him and locker room is not divided.

GB fans know:
Favre is conflicted, and if it weren't for his sense of duty, he wouldn't be doing this.

Bus Cook is a snake.

You may have hit the nail on the head Waldo. Blame the agent. That's what he's paid for.

woodbuck27
07-26-2009, 11:47 AM
If Favre signs with the Vikings, he'd be an attention whore. If, however, he decides not to sign, then he would be, I think, an attention slut, as he would not be getting paid.

Something like that Fritz unless the Vikings have a tremendous season.

woodbuck27
07-26-2009, 11:50 AM

I got into this argument last year with a friend. I thought TT had completely turned over the roster (which he has) and at a rate much higher than any GM in the NFL.

The first three teams I checked were within 4 players of the same amount of turnover as the Packers. So I stopped there and desided rosters turnover at an amazing rate.

I think we get so hooked on the 3 or 4 players that stay on the team and become our favorites (because they perform every year like Favre, Driver, and Clifton) that we don't realize how fast everyone else is gone.

phhuuuff!! Now I don't need to do that research. THANKS. :D

GO PACKERS!

MOBB DEEP
07-28-2009, 09:13 AM

I wonder.

On a FOX sports radio program an NFL commentator named Howard Balzer (a guess as to the spelling) simply dismissed Favre as an attention addict, and casually, as if it were a universal assumption.

What a sad mantle to hang over the end of a storied career.

yeah, i feel sad for favre that he's ruining his legacy...

he's SO important to society and for him to fall from grace is a travestry

Lord please help us and spare us your wrath

ENTERTAINMENT

Cheesehead Craig
07-28-2009, 09:25 AM
There's a running joke up here about the Viking hostage crisis. Currently it's day 95 that Favre has held them hostage.

MOBB DEEP
07-28-2009, 11:00 PM
bastard wuss

SnakeLH2006
07-29-2009, 01:18 AM
bastard wuss

:shock: :lol: (Snake's Official Spitting Beer Out Nose Funny Ass Post of the Week) WOW! Damn....Where did that come out of?