PDA

View Full Version : Jennings at receiver camp

MadScientist
07-16-2009, 01:30 PM
There was some mention a while ago about Greg Jennings attending a special receiver camp, but SI has a nice article about what is going on there.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/jim_trotter/07/16/wrs/index.html?eref=T1

I definitely like the idea of Jennings being faster and smarter this season.

CaptainKickass
07-16-2009, 02:20 PM
I recall some years ago, when there was an article on Javon Walker and his training program for the offseason. I think it was right before his one good season. They were using some kind of bungee type "bands" that attach to his ankles and the other end attaches to his wrists. This was supposed to simulate a defender grabbing his arms as he goes up for the catch or some such thing.

I recall thinking - "That's what I like to see, some innovation in training and extra effort by one of our guys".

I hope that the other GB receivers take a little lesson from GJ on this. If you want to be the best, you have to put in more time, you have to do the things that not everyone else is doing.

Kudos to Jennings - I hope it makes him a better player. I can't imagine what it would be like to get a "lesson" from The GOAT.

Rastak
07-16-2009, 02:52 PM
Sidney Rice is there also.....he's been mentioning how useful it's been in his blog all week.

hoosier
07-16-2009, 02:55 PM
Sidney Rice is there also.....he's been mentioning how useful it's been in his blog all week.

Are they teaching him to throw the ball to himself too? :P

Deputy Nutz
07-16-2009, 03:24 PM

Are they teaching him to throw the ball to himself too? :P

He already knows how to do that, he played a little QB at South Carolina.

Fritz
07-16-2009, 03:55 PM
I love the crazy shit NFL players do to train. Catch balls with rubber bands around your wrists and ankles. Push cars down streets. Run through pools. Take ballet lessons. Learn jujitsu. Study 19th century British history. Lift concrete blocks.

sharpe1027
07-16-2009, 04:49 PM
I love the crazy shit NFL players do to train. Catch balls with rubber bands around your wrists and ankles. Push cars down streets. Run through pools. Take ballet lessons. Learn jujitsu. Study 19th century British history. Lift concrete blocks.

Reversing the spin on the ball throwing machines to get ready for a lefty QB. Getting contact lenses or Lasik. Shooting themselves in the leg. Throwing the football around with high-school kids. Doing situps in front of a media crowd. Doing 1,000 pushups, situps and squats everyday. Riding a lawnmower.

Rastak
07-16-2009, 06:15 PM

He's got a 3 time MVP for that..... :wink:

Iron Mike
07-16-2009, 06:18 PM

Did you just quote yourself???

:wink:

Rastak
07-16-2009, 06:39 PM

Did you just quote yourself???

:wink:

Oops!

I sound like the late JH. I meant to quote Hoosier..... :oops:

Iron Mike
07-16-2009, 06:54 PM
Well, as long as I'm pointing out errors, could someone fix the spelling in the thread title????

http://mybroadband.co.za/photos/data/630/GrammarNaziCat.jpg

MadScientist
07-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Well, as long as I'm pointing out errors, could someone fix the spelling in the thread title????

http://mybroadband.co.za/photos/data/630/GrammarNaziCat.jpg
fixed
I see your grammar cat and raise you a dead president
"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word." - Andrew Jackson