PDA

View Full Version : What the goddamn happened last night?

SkinBasket
07-20-2006, 08:42 AM
That is the first time in nearly 3 decades I've been under a sustained electrical barrage like the one that passed over last night. I thought there was a fireworks finalle going on when I woke up with the constant overlapping cloud to cloud flashes. Throw in the occasional ground shaker, and that was 30 minutes of kick-ass flashity flash flash flash time.

Zool
07-20-2006, 08:59 AM
Does anyone else sleep like a rock during a thunder storm? I didnt hear anything lastnight but everyone here was talkin about it.

I heard somewhere once that during a lightning storm nitrogen is released from the ground and that makes some people tired. Not sure if its true, but I have the best nights sleep during storms.

Pack0514
07-20-2006, 09:07 AM
I have been told that Nitrogen is actually put into the ground which is why your grass looks greener after a Thunderstorm.

Partial
07-20-2006, 09:17 AM
I believe that to be true, pack.

HarveyWallbangers
07-20-2006, 10:09 AM
Does anyone else sleep like a rock during a thunder storm?

I do. I can sleep through anything. My wife is the opposite.

GrnBay007
07-20-2006, 11:44 AM
That is the first time in nearly 3 decades I've been under a sustained electrical barrage like the one that passed over last night. I thought there was a fireworks finalle going on when I woke up with the constant overlapping cloud to cloud flashes. Throw in the occasional ground shaker, and that was 30 minutes of kick-ass flashity flash flash flash time.

we drove through some of the same on the way back from Green Bay last night....lightning was horrible. Then got the same after I got home here.

Deputy Nutz
07-20-2006, 11:52 AM
How come when the power goes out I wake up? doesn't make sense.