PDA

View Full Version : Lord Favre comes in as number 9?

MOBB DEEP
07-17-2009, 11:19 AM
he was voted the number 9 most popular athlete according to the Harris poll results; right behind earnhardt and ahead of pujols

tom brady didnt even make top 10!

manning's at number 7 b/c of ALL those frickn commercials and he and Lord are the ONLY football players to crack top 10...

skip bayless states that Favre being ranked that high is a result of the demographics of america, saying that most of white america still "worships favre"

i guess, in spite of his waffling and lack of endorsements (jordan, my frat brother, is #2 b/c of his), Lord Favre is still the man!

thoughts....

Scott Campbell
07-17-2009, 11:37 AM
Not surprising. Nor would it be surprising if he came in at #2 as the least favorite athlete.

He's a divisive figure.

pbmax
07-17-2009, 11:54 AM
Bayless is clueless. A football player will be exposed to a far greater cross section of demographics than a NASCAR driver.

sharpe1027
07-17-2009, 12:01 PM
he was voted the number 9 most popular athlete according to the Harris poll results; right behind earnhardt and ahead of pujols

manning's at number 7 b/c of ALL those frickn commercials and he and Lord are the ONLY football players to crack top 10...

skip bayless states that Favre being ranked that high is a result of the demographics of america, saying that most of white america still "worships favre"

i guess, in spite of his waffling and lack of endorsements (jordan, my frat brother, is #2 b/c of his), Lord Favre is still the man!

thoughts....

Riiight. It is about race, which is why Brady is so high...oh wait. :roll:

I think a much more reasonable explanation is Favre's exposure to causal fans and non-football fans through his commericals, non-football stories (his dad, his wife's cancer ect..) and all the media coverage throughout his career including the most recent drama.

Scott Campbell
07-17-2009, 12:02 PM
A football player will be exposed to a far greater cross breedeing of demographics than a NASCAR driver.

I disagree. :lol:

Sorry Little Whiskey - I'm just kidding.

The Shadow
07-17-2009, 01:00 PM

thoughts....

Change into a dry pair of panties?

CaptainKickass
07-17-2009, 02:54 PM
In my book - "What's his name?" comes in at only one number and one number only:

(Yes I have an extremely juvenile sense of humor and this is a very thinly veiled poop joke....or something, heh heh, yeah yeah, heh heh)

]{ilr]3
07-17-2009, 04:00 PM
In my book - "What's his name?" comes in at only one number and one number only:

(Yes I have an extremely juvenile sense of humor and this is a very thinly veiled poop joke....or something, heh heh, yeah yeah, heh heh)

Me too! :cat:

Fritz
07-18-2009, 10:49 AM
Did somebody say Najeh Davenport?

MichiganPackerFan
07-18-2009, 12:55 PM
Did somebody say Najeh Davenport?

Nicely played, Fritz!

Fritz
07-18-2009, 12:58 PM
Aw, shucks. It was nothin'. I got lucky, really. I just happened to be putting a laundry basket in a closet when I saw the thread...

woodbuck27
07-18-2009, 01:23 PM
Not surprising. Nor would it be surprising if he came in at #2 as the least favorite athlete.

He's a divisive figure.

Yea. I understand that the main victim in the next sequal to ' the movie Saw ' will be Brett Favre. Just to help satisfy the wrath of all those who despise him. Box office $receipts$ are expected to be enormous.

Fritz
07-18-2009, 01:49 PM
If I understand the Saw movies correctly, a person is asked to make some horrible sacrifice in order to save himself/herself and his/her family.

If that is the case, maybe the Saw guy will ask Brett Favre to . . . retire, for real, in order to save his family. Imagine the gnashing of teeth!

woodbuck27
07-18-2009, 02:26 PM
If I understand the Saw movies correctly, a person is asked to make some horrible sacrifice in order to save himself/herself and his/her family.

If that is the case, maybe the Saw guy will ask Brett Favre to . . . retire, for real, in order to save his family. Imagine the gnashing of teeth!

When Favre retires that event will add cement to Packer nation. It could get really wild this season Fritz. :D

GO PACK GO!

MOBB DEEP
07-18-2009, 03:29 PM

thoughts....

Change into a dry pair of panties?

thats funny as heck shadow...GNR...