PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Options

MJZiggy
07-18-2009, 02:50 PM
If Favre comes back (which by this point almost seems a given), it will put the Minnesota game (at the moment the chosen posters game) out of reach financially for me and I'm sure a number of others in here.

I hate to split the group, but do we want to have an alternate plan for those who otherwise could go were it not for the insane ticket prices?

Harlan Huckleby
07-18-2009, 06:52 PM
I would think that the best thing to do is find the least desirable game on the schedule. There's no such thing as a bad game.

Administrator
07-18-2009, 07:04 PM
I don't think the game can be or should be switched at this time. What about the folks who have already arranged for hotels or have entered into agreements to purchase tickets?

You can't do that to folks. It isn't fair.

You want a second game for those that can't make the 1st? That's fine, but the posters game is, and should be this one.

Edit - The game was picked before I was around, and I can't go either. Not for money reasons, but I have plans for that weekend that can't be moved.

ThunderDan
07-18-2009, 07:55 PM
If Favre comes back (which by this point almost seems a given), it will put the Minnesota game (at the moment the chosen posters game) out of reach financially for me and I'm sure a number of others in here.

I hate to split the group, but do we want to have an alternate plan for those who otherwise could go were it not for the insane ticket prices?

I vote yes but not for financial reasons. I really don't want to boo BF if he plays for the Vikings; swearing at my TV set is good enough.

Rastak
07-18-2009, 07:58 PM

I vote yes but not for financial reasons. I really don't want to boo BF if he plays for the Vikings; swearing at my TV set is good enough.

Were our roles reversed I'd cheer the dude once when he came out of the tunnel the first time and that would be it. Enemy after that.

ThunderDan
07-18-2009, 08:01 PM

Were our roles reversed I'd cheer the dude once when he came out of the tunnel the first time and that would be it. Enemy after that.

Can't do it. I have booed the opponents at every game I have been to. It isn't going to change for BF.

Rastak
07-18-2009, 08:18 PM

Can't do it. I have booed the opponents at every game I have been to. It isn't going to change for BF.

I cheered Randy Moss when he came back. Boo'd him after that. I would not have boo'd Alan Page after he was traded to the Bears. That's just me.

Brando19
07-18-2009, 08:25 PM

I cheered Randy Moss when he came back. Boo'd him after that. I would not have boo'd Alan Page after he was traded to the Bears. That's just me.

If Moss would have went to the Packers...would you have cheered him?

Rastak
07-18-2009, 08:29 PM

Yes. Once, when he came back to Minneapolis for the first time....and that would have been it.....like I said. Alan Page to the Bears. Same thing.

Bretsky
07-18-2009, 09:27 PM

BINGO WE HAVE A WINNER :!:

Bretsky
07-18-2009, 09:31 PM
I stayed out of the voting because I was unsure I was going to attend.

I can't recall the history of the vote; I thought somebody had suggested the Lions but Mad preferred the Vikings.

In this case it might be reasonable to find out how many plan on attending and go from there.

Has anybody purchased the Vikings tickets yet and/or reserved a hotel ??????????????? That's the key question IMO

GB Michelle might not even be around so we'd lose our tour guide to the Oval Office; then again if we rented her house we could bring them back to her place :lol:

Bossman641
07-18-2009, 09:51 PM

Yes. Once, when he came back to Minneapolis for the first time....and that would have been it.....like I said. Alan Page to the Bears. Same thing.

You're a better man then me then Rastak. No way could I force myself to cheer for Favre when he comes out of the tunnel.

HarveyWallbangers
07-18-2009, 10:59 PM
I rarely boo opposing players, but I'd have to boo Brett Favre coming back to Lambeau as a Viking. No question.

HarveyWallbangers
07-18-2009, 11:00 PM
I would think that the best thing to do is find the least desirable game on the schedule. There's no such thing as a bad game.

This is what I've argued for years.
:D

MJZiggy
07-18-2009, 11:54 PM

This is what I've argued for years.
:D

I thought that's what we'd done and then changed it? To be clear, I was referring to a second date (unless there is NO ONE who's made ANY type of arrangements--I KNOW how you guys plan ahead after trying to help herd you cats the last couple years).

Freak Out
07-18-2009, 11:57 PM
I'm open for whatever the group decides.....I would prefer warm weather though considering where I'm from. :)

MJZiggy
07-18-2009, 11:58 PM
For you warm weather is anything above -2.

SnakeLH2006
07-19-2009, 12:18 AM
<<Snake bangs his head off his laptop.

I almost had tix no matter the Rat game for cheap several months ago for the Brett Favre Comeback Number? But didn't book it....I see it's gone way up in price as that will be the NFL ratings game of the year.

Personally, there's no way I (prob. many more) will pay the price for this tix as it's exorbitantly exorbitant right now. A cheaper game...prob. but the Vike game is for those that know politicians or Jessica Simpson. Snake knows neither and is off the cards.

oregonpackfan
07-19-2009, 11:09 AM

I almost had tix no matter the Rat game for cheap several months ago for the Brett Favre Comeback Number? But didn't book it....I see it's gone way up in price as that will be the NFL ratings game of the year.

Personally, there's no way I (prob. many more) will pay the price for this tix as it's exorbitantly exorbitant right now. A cheaper game...prob. but the Vike game is for those that know politicians or Jessica Simpson. Snake knows neither and is off the cards.

What is this reference to Jessica Simpson? Now that she has left Tony Romo is she taking up with Tarvaris Jackson/Sage Rosenfels/Brett Favre? :)

gex
07-19-2009, 12:20 PM

What is this reference to Jessica Simpson? Now that she has left Tony Romo is she taking up with Tarvaris Jackson/Sage Rosenfels/Brett Favre? :)

She has agreed to a menage' type situation with Brett and Deeane :D

Fritz
07-19-2009, 01:31 PM

I would cheer when he throws an interception!

Bretsky
07-19-2009, 03:19 PM

I would cheer when he throws an interception!

You should just make a pledge to cheer for Crabtree :!: :!: :lol:

Fritz
07-19-2009, 06:34 PM
That would depend on the circumstances. If he makes a big catch that causes the opponent to lose and somehow propels the Pack into the playoffs, I will cheer for him.

And I always cheer when an opposing QB throws an interception. Well, actually, it's more like standing up and taunting the t.v. set and screaming for the interceptor to hang on to the *^)!(!^$#$&*)(&^$%# ball. I hated how Sharper would hold the ball away from his body.

MJZiggy
07-19-2009, 06:36 PM
I think we may have lost track of the question here....

Fritz
07-19-2009, 06:40 PM
We usually do in these threads, eh?

It seems anyway like the answer has already been given - an emphatic "no" to changing the posters game, an "okay" to adding a second one.

No?

Harlan Huckleby
07-19-2009, 09:52 PM

Harlan Huckleby
07-19-2009, 10:25 PM
It seems anyway like the answer has already been given - an emphatic "no" to changing the posters game, an "okay" to adding a second one.

Why do you say emphatic no when more people voted yes?

Has anybody come forth to say they would regret their purchase of Minnesota game tickets if the date was changed? I should think not - they can always sell them for a profit. I understand the sensitivity to people who might have made travel arrangements. Is there really anybody out there in this situation? ( Perhaps they don't want to speak up and be a party pooper.)

Fritz
07-19-2009, 10:47 PM

Why do you say emphatic no when more people voted yes?

Has anybody come forth to say they would regret their purchase of Minnesota game tickets if the date was changed? I should think not - they can always sell them for a profit. I understand the sensitivity to people who might have made travel arrangements. Is there really anybody out there in this situation? ( Perhaps they don't want to speak up and be a party pooper.)

Umm...because I wasn't paying attention?

Is there any way I can pretend I didn't write what I wrote?