PDA

View Full Version : Appropriate fan reaction to "Favre the Viking"?

Patler
07-20-2009, 09:16 AM
If Favre appears in Lambeau as a Viking, what is the appropriate fan reaction at the game? I have two suggestions:

1. Cheer him enthusiastically when he runs on to the field. Then boo as loudly as possible when he comes to the line for his first play from scrimmage.

2. Cheer him enthusiastically when he runs on to the field. Then turn their backs when he comes to the line for his first play from scrimmage. (Shunning teaches humility! :lol: :lol:)

th87
07-20-2009, 09:38 AM
The shun method is hilarious, but needs everybody's participation to be effective. A tall order.

Cheering him in purple would appear to somewhat condone his actions. And if you were to boo him on the first play, he might think it's directed to AP or something. :lol:

The classic booing on his introduction would send the message straight to him.

pbmax
07-20-2009, 09:46 AM
I think silence would be the best answer of all. Dead silence. The only sound would be tasers to silence the fools who are unwilling to go along. We might need permission for that part of it. :lol:

sharpe1027
07-20-2009, 09:53 AM
I think silence would be the best answer of all. Dead silence. The only sound would be tasers to silence the fools who are unwilling to go along. We might need permission for that part of it. :lol:

This is the correct answer. Nothing would be more appropriate. Booing motivates a player, silence would really get into his head, IMO.

Scott Campbell
07-20-2009, 10:02 AM
I'd retire his number at this game using a miniature jersey in a 25 second ceremony. Sandwich it in between some punt pass and kick winners. The video highlight reel should only contain interceptions.

Patler
07-20-2009, 10:20 AM

Too much red tape asking for permission. Just do it and ask for forgiveness after the fact!

Fritz
07-20-2009, 10:58 AM

I definitely think that complete silence would be the most unnerving response for Favre.

I do kinda like Scott's suggestion, though.

I would add, though, that great cheers should sound when Favre throws an interception.

CaptainKickass
07-20-2009, 11:01 AM
I'd retire his number at this game using a miniature jersey in a 25 second ceremony. Sandwich it in between some punt pass and kick winners. The video highlight reel should only contain interceptions.

Bwahahahahahahaha!

....with a gratuitous camera shot of him crying inbetween every interception.

:D

bobblehead
07-20-2009, 11:46 AM
I would like one of my own 2 scenarios.

1) 70k fans scream "We still love you Brent"

2) 70 fans let out a giant "meh"

Scott Campbell
07-20-2009, 11:54 AM
It might be funny if the Packers could get Greta Van Susteran to substitute for the sideline reporter. Wouldn't you love to see the look on his face if she stuck a microphone in front of his mug and started peppering him with questions?

Bossman641
07-20-2009, 12:20 PM
The best reaction would be silence, but that would be much too hard to organize. Booing as loud as possible is my next selection.

MOBB DEEP
07-20-2009, 12:29 PM
send jeff gallooly to put his knee out?

hosers

Scott Campbell
07-20-2009, 12:33 PM

hosers

Are you comparing Brett to Nancy Kerrigan? :lol:

MOBB DEEP
07-20-2009, 12:34 PM

hosers

Are you comparing Brett to Nancy Kerrigan? :lol:

lol, that was good b/c i was actually envisoning favre whinning like she was

LOL, GNR SC

Harlan Huckleby
07-20-2009, 12:38 PM
I think it would be cool if the fans cheered for Favre. Favre never did anything wrong to the fans. I love that he is coming back and trying to kick the packers butts, it's all in good competitive fun. I'm not mad at Favre, I'm mad at the people who blame Ted Thompson and Charlie McCarthy for making a reasonable and fair decision.

Unfortunately, whether you cheer or boo goes back to whether you agree with TT's 2008 decision.

mraynrand
07-20-2009, 12:42 PM
He would be a Viking. He admitted he want's to play out of vindictiveness. Boo his ass loudly. They will never do it, but they should show his worst INTs over and over on a loop on the big screen. INT in OT at Philly, INT in OT against NYG. Half his throws in 2005. Maybe mix in a few gems from late last year in NY. Also show him getting sacked over and over. IF he shows up at Lambeau, I hope they take him out horizontally.

MOBB DEEP
07-20-2009, 12:44 PM
i WAS mad at tt....

but since aaron is a stud and favre made probowl im good; best of BOTH worlds people...

mraynrand
07-20-2009, 12:44 PM
Unfortunately, whether you cheer or boo goes back to whether you agree with TT's 2008 decision.

I guess I'm the exception that proves the rule. I disagreed with Thompson's decision (even though after the Greta interview and in retrospect it appeared to be the correct move), but want Favre to get his ass handed to him.

MOBB DEEP
07-20-2009, 12:45 PM
IF he shows up at Lambeau, I hope they take him out horizontally.

DAYUM, are u vindictive??? usually i think emoticons are gay but....:roll:

Scott Campbell
07-20-2009, 12:49 PM
Favre never did anything wrong to the fans.

You mess with my team - you mess with me.

Harlan Huckleby
07-20-2009, 12:51 PM

I guess I'm the exception that proves the rule. I disagreed with Thompson's decision (even though after the Greta interview and in retrospect it appeared to be the correct move), but want Favre to get his ass handed to him.

You're not the exception. You are not mad at Thompson, you've seen the light.

I would cheer for Favre because he is a PAcker legend and I like him personally, despite his Diva behavior last fall. (Damn, that was just last fall? IT seems like three or four years ago.)

Harlan Huckleby
07-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Favre never did anything wrong to the fans.

You mess with my team - you mess with me.

I often take the side of the player in their battles with teams, just because the rules of the NFL are slanted against the players on the whole.

I guess now that Favre is not on the team anymore I can see some people are against him.

MichiganPackerFan
07-20-2009, 02:06 PM
I think it would be cool if the fans cheered for Favre. Favre never did anything wrong to the fans. I love that he is coming back and trying to kick the packers butts, it's all in good competitive fun. I'm not mad at Favre, I'm mad at the people who blame Ted Thompson and Charlie McCarthy for making a reasonable and fair decision.

Right on HH!

Most if not all loved Favre when he was in GB. He made a pathetic franchise great again. So many great (and bad) memories. We accepted the interceptions with the TD's then! Cheer the man for what we loved about him then.

It would be nice to go through one offseason with absolutely no Favre drama.

GrnBay007
07-20-2009, 03:29 PM

Right on HH!

Most if not all loved Favre when he was in GB. He made a pathetic franchise great again. So many great (and bad) memories. We accepted the interceptions with the TD's then! Cheer the man for what we loved about him then.

:tup:

woodbuck27
07-20-2009, 04:02 PM

Heck yes! He'll not likely retire as a Packer now after all the fiasco we've witnessed and discussed. So let's get that done at least symbolically. I suggest a short ceremony rolling a number 4 bobblehead doll out onto the field and yes that silence treatment will work best.

GO PACKERS!

mraynrand
07-20-2009, 04:05 PM
IF he shows up at Lambeau, I hope they take him out horizontally.

DAYUM, are u vindictive??? usually i think emoticons are gay but....:roll:

He would be a Viking QB. I always hope they go out horizontally. Sorry, but if Favre comes back in a Viking uni, I hope he gets the living shit kicked outta him (nothing permanent though, because I want him to be there when he goes into the HOF).

pbmax
07-20-2009, 06:26 PM
Everyone should buy a Randy Moss jersey, wear it under their current Packer one. First time he gets mentioned or runs out on the field, everyone pull off the Packer jersey and fake moon Favre.

MichiganPackerFan
07-20-2009, 06:37 PM
Everyone should buy a Randy Moss jersey, wear it under their current Packer one. First time he gets mentioned or runs out on the field, everyone pull off the Packer jersey and fake moon Favre.

I will NEVER wear a Vikings jersey :evil:

Fritz
07-20-2009, 06:53 PM
Hey, just to balance it out, if they show a loop of Favre's worst interceptions, maybe they could also show Goodell in NY saying "the Packers select....Justin Harrell" over and over and over.

Just trying to be "fair and balanced"!

pbmax
07-20-2009, 09:52 PM
Hey, just to balance it out, if they show a loop of Favre's worst interceptions, maybe they could also show Goodell in NY saying "the Packers select....Justin Harrell" over and over and over.

You know Fritz, they do want people to come back. :lol:

GrnBay007
07-20-2009, 10:30 PM
I will start off with saying I believe many Packer fans are what you may call "blowing a lot of smoke" right now due to emotions running high. That's understandable. I believe many of the people talking booing and hate for Favre actually loved to watch him play and are more hurt then anything to see him play for another team....and more so a rival.

Nothing against anyone, but I just hate booing any player/team....at any game. I remember being at the Packer/Titan game in I think 2003 when the Packers got crushed and seeing Packer fans boo the Packers. I just felt embarrassed that Packer fans could be booing the team they love. I mean, it's not like the players feel good about getting beat....or that they wanted to play a game like that. It just seems so disrespectful/classless to me.

Thing about Favre is he was part of the Packer family for 16 years. Favre gave the Packers and the fans 16 years and some of those years were the most exciting football I've ever seen. I could never disrespect him by booing.....no matter who he plays for. I'll cheer for the Packers to win, but I'll still continue to feel booing is an embarrassment.

Like what was said in one of those recent articles....Thompson had every right to move on with the new QB and should not be criticized for that just as Favre should not be criticized for wanting to continue to play football.

Packer fans have always been known to be friendly and classy fans. I just hope if/when Favre comes back to Lambeau to play the fans will continue the tradition of being friendly and classy fans.

sharpe1027
07-20-2009, 11:16 PM
Favre asked for a trade, wouldn't that make it as much or more Favre's decision rather than TTs?

Regardless, I can cheer him AFTER he quits playing for the queens. While he is in purple, I will ignore him. I think booing or cheering him will only get him charged for the game. That is last thing I want to happen.

Gunakor
07-21-2009, 02:47 AM
I will start off with saying I believe many Packer fans are what you may call "blowing a lot of smoke" right now due to emotions running high. That's understandable. I believe many of the people talking booing and hate for Favre actually loved to watch him play and are more hurt then anything to see him play for another team....and more so a rival.

Nothing against anyone, but I just hate booing any player/team....at any game. I remember being at the Packer/Titan game in I think 2003 when the Packers got crushed and seeing Packer fans boo the Packers. I just felt embarrassed that Packer fans could be booing the team they love. I mean, it's not like the players feel good about getting beat....or that they wanted to play a game like that. It just seems so disrespectful/classless to me.

Thing about Favre is he was part of the Packer family for 16 years. Favre gave the Packers and the fans 16 years and some of those years were the most exciting football I've ever seen. I could never disrespect him by booing.....no matter who he plays for. I'll cheer for the Packers to win, but I'll still continue to feel booing is an embarrassment.

Like what was said in one of those recent articles....Thompson had every right to move on with the new QB and should not be criticized for that just as Favre should not be criticized for wanting to continue to play football.

Packer fans have always been known to be friendly and classy fans. I just hope if/when Favre comes back to Lambeau to play the fans will continue the tradition of being friendly and classy fans.

NFL players are public figures, and as such must have thick enough skin that booing won't get under their skin. The only way a fan has to express their displeasure in a way that will be noticed is to boo. Well, the only legal, moral, safe, and proper way of expressing their displeasure anyway. Friendly and classy fans boo their teams when they are displeased by their performace too. It's nothing new, even in Green Bay.

As far as Favre goes, all that matters right now is right now. If he trots onto the Lambeau Field grass in a purple jersey then there's nothing wrong with treating him the same way as everyone else in the stadium wearing a purple jersey. That doesn't mean we've forgotten the past 16 years, it just means we recognize that very moment for what it is. At that moment, on that day, those previous 16 years are on the back burner and that one moment of imfamy is front and center. Brett Favre is Brett Favre and always will be, but Favre the Viking is not the same as Favre the Packer. So when that moment is over for good we can go back to our memories of a guy we neither saw nor cheered for that day.

Bretsky
07-21-2009, 06:59 AM
I find myself agreeing with HH; I've moved on and have taken all emotions out of this.

I'd cheer for Favre for the memories he's given up and for helping lead us to the only local pro championship I've witnessed. It was a great ride.

MichiganPackerFan
07-21-2009, 07:43 AM

And back to ya! ------> :tup:

swede
07-21-2009, 07:58 AM
I think booing or cheering him will only get him charged for the game. That is last thing I want to happen.

No, that is EXACTLY what we want to happen. Grim and determined Favre is dangerous. A charged up and overexcited Favre overthrows the first fifteen passes.

It's the Green Bay Packers who are going to be fired up--having to be nice and diplomatic so as to not hurt the feelings of all the so-called Packer fans who wear Jets jerseys and join Vikings boards to see how Brett is doing.

The Green Bay Packers went through a ten-loss season while playing some very good football. They won't be able to turn on the freaking television without hearing ABC, ESPN, FOX, OPRAH, THE VIEW talking about Favre's triumphant return to football and his epic journey to this all-important game against the poor Favre-deprived Packers.

Trust me, Dom Capers will have his defense ready to Fed Ex Favre's spleen back to Hattiesburg.

Bossman641
07-21-2009, 08:19 AM

NFL players are public figures, and as such must have thick enough skin that booing won't get under their skin. The only way a fan has to express their displeasure in a way that will be noticed is to boo. Well, the only legal, moral, safe, and proper way of expressing their displeasure anyway. Friendly and classy fans boo their teams when they are displeased by their performace too. It's nothing new, even in Green Bay.

As far as Favre goes, all that matters right now is right now. If he trots onto the Lambeau Field grass in a purple jersey then there's nothing wrong with treating him the same way as everyone else in the stadium wearing a purple jersey. That doesn't mean we've forgotten the past 16 years, it just means we recognize that very moment for what it is. At that moment, on that day, those previous 16 years are on the back burner and that one moment of imfamy is front and center. Brett Favre is Brett Favre and always will be, but Favre the Viking is not the same as Favre the Packer. So when that moment is over for good we can go back to our memories of a guy we neither saw nor cheered for that day.

Bingo! Booing Favre would have nothing to do with what he has done in the past. It would have everything to do with what he would be doing in the present. I don't understand why so many people seem to think that booing Favre = not appreciating what he did for the Packers. If I were there I would boo him

1. because he's a Viking
2. because I don't appreciate the way he has acted over the past 2 years.

ThunderDan
07-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Right on HH!

It would be nice to go through one offseason with absolutely no Favre drama.

That is a ridiculous statement. He was our QB during that period. There were a hell of a lot of other players that made just as large contributions to the Packers success.

Also, you have QBs like Hasselbeck, Brooks, Brunnell you never got a shot in GB but had good careers elsewhere. Who is to say if Favre had gotten hurt one would have replaced BF like BF did to the Majik man.

oregonpackfan
07-21-2009, 09:07 AM

Well put, 007. I still feel the guy is chipping away his legacy and he doesn't even realize it.

Waldo
07-21-2009, 09:24 AM
I'd cheer for Favre for the memories he's given up and for helping lead us to the only local pro championship I've witnessed. It was a great ride.

I really don't think that Brett did much leading on the SB team. He was a young wild gunslinger. He never really was much of a leader (even after that), even though he is talked up as this great leader.

Reggie was the leader of the '96 team. Every player that was part of that team never fails to mention that.

Since Reggie left one of the things that Brett has taught me is that he is one of the poorest leaders and teammates of any starting QB in the NFL. He is a coward that hides behind a camera and microphone, and has an agent that can play the media like a fiddle better than any other sports agent in any sport. Bus Cook created public perception of #4 every bit as much as a few TD passes and running around on the field. This has been apparent for more than a decade.

It was apparent that BF did no more than he was required to do long ago, when the rest of the guys in the league pining to unseat him as top dog went above and beyond the call of duty at every step and did everything in their power to promote chemistry, to work outside the bounds of the practice field.

Do you think that AR has spent more time with his teammates outside of 1265 in the last year than BF had in the last decade?

It is no coincidence that when Brett was asked to be the leader, when that guy wasn't in place for him in somebody else, the man who was once a winner became a loser.

His whole thing of never going above the call of duty is one of the big reasons that GB never returned to glory under BF. There never was a strong enough team bond when the influence of Reggie was removed. Darn near every other QB in the league does as much as they can off the field for their team. The best QB's do even more than the norm. But Brett. But then again, he's not one of the best nor has he been for a long time. Even when he puts up some good stats. His influence on a team is not a positive one relative to other stating QB's IMO.

What % of the NFL's starting QB's don't even bother to live in the city they play for in the offseason?

retailguy
07-21-2009, 10:09 AM
On the whole booing thing....

If you have to explain why you're booing, will it really be effective? Seriously, how many ways are there to interpret why fans boo?

What percentage of fans/public will understand that you love the old Favre and are pissed at the new Favre?

Sorry, from my vantage point, booing is pointless and juvenile. I don't engage in it when I'm in the stadium, or anywhere else for that matter.

SkinBasket
07-21-2009, 10:20 AM
Booooooooooooooo. You suck.

USA! USA! USA!

Spaulding
07-21-2009, 10:38 AM
I think signs would be more effective. I run the line of wanting to thank him for all the years of success and mostly good memories and on the other hand want to let him know what a douche I think he's been the last year.

Maybe a grass roots effort to buy blimp time that reads - "Thanks for all the years Brett, too bad you left us with a bad taste at the end, much like cheap beer."

Patler
07-21-2009, 10:38 AM
I think there is a huge difference between booing the opponent and booing your own team. Booing an opponent is the fans way of becoming involved in the competition against the opponent. Booing the home team is usually a little more personal and an expression of dissatisfaction.

A reaction to Favre is a mixture of home team/opponent reaction.

I have absolutely no problem with fans booing, or cheering at PROFESSIONAL sports events. They can cheer, clap, sit on their hands, put bags over their heads, boo, do whatever to express the satisfaction or dissatisfaction; I don't care. I have never booed myself, but then again I am not a loud cheerer or shouter either. (That's why I originally proposed "shunning"! :D )

If fans have been "hurt" by how Favre has treated their team, they have a right to express that. Favre does not get a pass for boorish behavior just because of what he was. Maybe a single incident or outburst could be excused, but the signs are that he carries a vendetta against the Packers. His team mates last year said he was consumed by it.

Besides, as I argued over a year ago, in my opinion Favre has been trying to get out of GB for more than just one season, and not just get out of GB, but get back AT GB. I am as put off by his treatment of the Jets this off season as I am by his actions last off season.

Anyone who has similar feelings and wants to express it by booing certainly has the right to do that. Nothing Favre has done in the past gives him an exemption.

CaptainKickass
07-21-2009, 11:05 AM
I think there is a huge difference between booing the opponent and booing your own team. I have absolutely no problem with fans booing, or cheering at PROFESSIONAL sports events.

Agreed - well said.

I also find it extremely ironic that Favre - who has a history of ending playoff runs with interceptions - is going to join the one team that I have always considered one of the most notorious "choke" teams in the NFL. Just look at the Viking history of choking in big games.

Let's hope the tradition continues and we get to see both Favre and the Vikes dabble in the art of "the NFL choke".

I don't wish any harm to anyone. What I do wish for, and am likely to get, is a VERY spirited crowd, boo-ing, cheering, shouting, holding up signs etc etc.

Be an individual, do what you feel is appropriate, but most importantly, BE involved. It's just so much more fun that way.

Harlan Huckleby
07-21-2009, 11:09 AM
If Favre comes back and plays like he did first half of 2008, the Vikings are going to be very, very tough to beat. Ideally, I'd like that to happen, and also for the Packers to find a way to beat them.

Guess to be on the safe side, I better hope that Favre sucks. :lol:

Patler
07-21-2009, 11:27 AM
I have to admit, a game with Favre on any team playing against the Packers should be a very interesting match up.

- The Packers will know his strengths, weakness, what bothers him defensively.
- A ballhawk like Woodson, with a clear understanding of Favre's tendencies, could do well.
- With a complete change on D, Favre has no advantage from his years watching the old D.
- Favre can teach the Viking D about the Packers O.

Throwing emotions to the side, it should provide some interesting entertainment.

Waldo
07-21-2009, 11:36 AM

Not sure how much value there is to this. After all, it isn't like the Packers running game is this big secret. Though any other concepts incorporated postdate Favre.

The commonly used passing trees changed rather drastically for AR.

This year AR is getting a lot more input into the offense than last year, from a planning perspective to a gameday perspective. This portion of the offense would be totally foreign to Brett.

The TE use appears to have drastically changed, and MM uses Finley nothing like any TE has been used in GB since......possibly ever.

The pocket blocking and protections appear to have changed somewhat, and the way you cover against Aaron (the same defense that would stifle Brett's passing, AR would just run for the first downs).

Most likely Brett would only be really familiar with 2/5 of the OL (Clifton-Colledge), with the other 3 spots filled by different guys, or guys in different spots.

Plus we don't even know what this years wrinkles are yet.

Pugger
07-21-2009, 11:37 AM
Favre will probably come out pretty strong and play well - for a while. But because of his age he will most likely run out of steam as the season progresses. Players at his age have to work twice as hard as younger player to withstand the rigors of a long NFL season. BF has admitted he isn't wild about offseason conditioning, OTAs and training camp. He even said that was one of the reasons he 'retired' the first time from the Packers. Throwing passes a few times a week to high school kids isn't gonna cut it. It is no coincidence that Favre had his best season in eons after MM hired a personal trainer for him in 2007. BF will most likely fade this year in MN like he did in NY during the second half of last season.

CaptainKickass
07-21-2009, 12:43 PM
The TE use appears to have drastically changed, and MM uses Finley nothing like any TE has been used in GB since......possibly ever.

I think you've eluded to this before Waldo. Pardon me for asking if you've elaborated in another thread, but can you expand on what observations you've made to arrive at this conclusion? (or point me to a previous post)

Is the use of the TE different or similar to any other teams? Or are you seeing unique usage?

Pack-man
07-21-2009, 12:57 PM
I think the Packers should hand out "We will never forget you Brent" shirts to everyone in attendance for the game. Then complete silence when he is introduced.

Waldo
07-21-2009, 01:04 PM

I think you've eluded to this before Waldo. Pardon me for asking if you've elaborated in another thread, but can you expand on what observations you've made to arrive at this conclusion? (or point me to a previous post)

Is the use of the TE different or similar to any other teams? Or are you seeing unique usage?

Other teams do it that have athletic TE's that have WR catching ability.

Last year Finley ran a few routes on the sidelines, after releasing from the line (out 'n up). Sideline coverage is an absolutely foreign concept to most LB's (who would be covering him), but plays up one of Finleys greatest strengths, namely that a he can run down the field on the sideline, put out his arms, look back over his shoulder, and catch the ball. 95%+ of the NFL's TE's cannot do that, and almost no LB can cover that.

The play that Finley made a big stink about to the press. AR knows that he can do it. MM knows that he can do it, JF just needs to find it in himself. He was running back to AR straight down the seam close. The LB had him inside (the logical place to play a TE, a TE's best route would be to cut across the formation or curl inside and stop). AR tried to do the opposite. Jermichaels unusually good torso flexibility and ball tracking ability allows him to catch balls that other TE's don't have a chance of catching. Slightly tougher would have been for him to cut outside, tough catch, but definitely doable for Jermichael. It could have been what they were actually looking to do, but Jermichael didn't cut in time and AR missed a bit inside. Even crazier though would be what it appears that AR tried to do. He tried to drop it over Jermichaels outside shoulder. Again, I doubt many, if any, other TE's would catch it (that is a crazy hard catch), but if successful the LB had very little chance of defending it, and Jermichael had almost no impediment to the end zone if he didn't have to slow down (the timing of the throw made it so that he didn't have much chance to slow).

Things like that. Subtle, and related to what other TE's do, Jermichael just has such fantastic natural receiving ability that his ball placement can be very unconventional for a TE, he can catch while running top speed at an angle other than a pure crosser (his crossers are very pretty, but most TE's don't have to slow on a crosser). Difficult catches, but when he does catch them he could get so much more from the same basic types of routes.

SMACKTALKIE
07-21-2009, 01:39 PM
I have to admit, a game with Favre on any team playing against the Packers should be a very interesting match up.

- A ballhawk like Woodson, with a clear understanding of Favre's tendencies, could do well.
- With a complete change on D, Favre has no advantage from his years watching the old D.

Throwing emotions to the side, it should provide some interesting entertainment.

I have to disagree with you here Palter. Most man to man matchups will still involve the player's tendancies, which Favre will know.

As far as the thread title goes, I will cheer, albiet cautiously, but I will cheer.

CaptainKickass
07-21-2009, 01:57 PM

I have to disagree with you here Palter. Most man to man matchups will still involve the player's tendancies, which Favre will know.

The point is that while Favre may know individual GB Defensive players tendencies - those same players will also know Favre's individual player tendencies.

Hence - it's a wash. No advantage.

Fritz
07-21-2009, 02:01 PM

If you have to explain why you're booing, will it really be effective? Seriously, how many ways are there to interpret why fans boo?

What percentage of fans/public will understand that you love the old Favre and are pissed at the new Favre?

Sorry, from my vantage point, booing is pointless and juvenile. I don't engage in it when I'm in the stadium, or anywhere else for that matter.

I say old chap - nice purple jersey, eh?

A shame you reneged on your two retirements and your vow not to play for anyone but the Packers. Shame, old boy, But things change, indeed. [Drags on pipe, reflects] I say, good luck out there, old chap. Best man, all that. Chip-chip, cheerio.

woodbuck27
07-21-2009, 02:54 PM

Heck yes! He'll not likely retire as a Packer now after all the fiasco we've witnessed and discussed. So let's get that done at least symbolically. I suggest a short ceremony rolling a number 4 bobblehead doll out onto the field and yes that silence treatment will work best.

No seriously. I wonder if Brett Favre will retire a Green Bay Packer? I don't believe I've witnessed that question discussed here at Packerrats.

GO PACKERS!

woodbuck27
07-21-2009, 03:01 PM

Harrell HELL!!!!! :D Alot of unhappy campers with that selection.

woodbuck27
07-21-2009, 03:03 PM

You place a large premium on being a class act retailguy. :D

Good stuff. So many should subscribe to your program.

woodbuck27
07-21-2009, 03:08 PM

Other teams do it that have athletic TE's that have WR catching ability.

Last year Finley ran a few routes on the sidelines, after releasing from the line (out 'n up). Sideline coverage is an absolutely foreign concept to most LB's (who would be covering him), but plays up one of Finleys greatest strengths, namely that a he can run down the field on the sideline, put out his arms, look back over his shoulder, and catch the ball. 95%+ of the NFL's TE's cannot do that, and almost no LB can cover that.

The play that Finley made a big stink about to the press. AR knows that he can do it. MM knows that he can do it, JF just needs to find it in himself. He was running back to AR straight down the seam close. The LB had him inside (the logical place to play a TE, a TE's best route would be to cut across the formation or curl inside and stop). AR tried to do the opposite. Jermichaels unusually good torso flexibility and ball tracking ability allows him to catch balls that other TE's don't have a chance of catching. Slightly tougher would have been for him to cut outside, tough catch, but definitely doable for Jermichael. It could have been what they were actually looking to do, but Jermichael didn't cut in time and AR missed a bit inside. Even crazier though would be what it appears that AR tried to do. He tried to drop it over Jermichaels outside shoulder. Again, I doubt many, if any, other TE's would catch it (that is a crazy hard catch), but if successful the LB had very little chance of defending it, and Jermichael had almost no impediment to the end zone if he didn't have to slow down (the timing of the throw made it so that he didn't have much chance to slow).

Things like that. Subtle, and related to what other TE's do, Jermichael just has such fantastic natural receiving ability that his ball placement can be very unconventional for a TE, he can catch while running top speed at an angle other than a pure crosser (his crossers are very pretty, but most TE's don't have to slow on a crosser). Difficult catches, but when he does catch them he could get so much more from the same basic types of routes.

Man your into it! Do you do what I once did? Record and replay games and plays in slow mo to get an accurate read?