PDA

View Full Version : MOBB & DC Packer Fans

MichiganPackerFan
07-20-2009, 04:32 PM
I’m new to the DC area and am looking for a good place to watch the Packer games this fall. Do you have any recommendations?

I’ll likely spring for the Sunday Ticket because it will cost me less in the long run than going to the bar, but it would be great to have options!

MOBB DEEP
07-20-2009, 06:14 PM
before gettn the sunday ticket my boy and i used to go to the Grand Hyatt in downtown DC; they have GREAT sportsbar in there called Grand Slam where alot of the transients frequent

good banter and hot women

havnt been there in 3 years tho but i enjoyed it alot

Damons in Crofton maryland and alexandria, Va are awesome too and plenty packer backers abound there (less urban/club-like than downtown DC too so depending on the atmosphere u prefer...)

my boy has since moved so i usually watch game at home with wifey; u're more than welcome to come by as long as u like crab legs for gameday meal.....

i live RIGHT by fedex field, 5 mins from DC

hoosier
07-20-2009, 07:36 PM
Mr Day's, a sports bar, in Arlington (Clarendon), used to bill itself as a Packer bar. I can't vouch for it personally. When I lived in DC (I moved away about six years ago) I used to watch Packer games at a Capitol Hill place called Hawk and Dove on Pennsylvania SE, which normally had a fairly large Packer fan base on Sunday afternoons.

Waldo
07-20-2009, 08:44 PM
I think it is the JS that has a list of Packer bars. One of the primary news sites does (or at least did).

That's how we found TJ's here in the ATL. That place is the bomb, games are so much fun.

arcilite
07-20-2009, 08:49 PM
I also live in the DC area. Mclean actually.

I will be watching this thread closely.

MJZiggy
07-20-2009, 11:14 PM
There used to be a Packer meetup that met at the Hawk & Dove. What part of town, Michigan? Buffalo Billiards has a wall full of screens, but I don't know if they show the Pack there or not.

GrnBay007
07-20-2009, 11:32 PM
I asked my niece, who lives in DC. She said the Hawk & Dove near Capitol Hill is one of the local bars that you can always catch the Packers games.
Hawk 'n Dove
329 Pennsylvania Ave SE
Washington, DC 20003

http://www.hawkanddoveonline.com/

GREEN BAY PACKERS FANS COME TO THE HAWK FOR EVERY GAME!
2008-09-13 Packer fans "pack the Hawk" for every Green Bay game! Join us at the Hawk'n'Dove for delicious brats, sauerkraut & Leinie's for every Packers game during the 2008 season!

MichiganPackerFan
07-21-2009, 07:48 AM
I tried the packers.com function, but it hasn't been maintained in years! It recommended places that had been out of business for a while.

I am in Old Town, Alexandria. I know Bugsy's on King Street has a package and good pizza. And I've heard of a couple other joints around here too.

MD, Haven't had an opportunity to try the crab here yet, been working WAY too much!

I'll do the Sunday Ticket for sure $20/ Packers Game roughly, but it would be great to get out a few times too!

edited for spelling

MJZiggy
07-21-2009, 06:16 PM
If you don't get to go out to Annapolis, which is cool by the way, there's a little seafood joint across from Laurel Mall on Rte. 1 that's pretty good. For crabs anyway, I don't know if they broadcast games, but there's supposed to be a Packer bar out there somewhere.

th87
07-22-2009, 02:24 AM
before gettn the sunday ticket my boy and i used to go to the Grand Hyatt in downtown DC; they have GREAT sportsbar in there called Grand Slam where alot of the transients frequent

good banter and hot women

havnt been there in 3 years tho but i enjoyed it alot

Damons in Crofton maryland and alexandria, Va are awesome too and plenty packer backers abound there (less urban/club-like than downtown DC too so depending on the atmosphere u prefer...)

my boy has since moved so i usually watch game at home with wifey; u're more than welcome to come by as long as u like crab legs for gameday meal.....

i live RIGHT by fedex field, 5 mins from DC

No more Damon's in Alexandria. They replaced it with some other place, but I haven't checked it out, because I got Sunday Ticket that year.

I remember hearing Crystal City Sports Pub was Packer-friendly, but don't quote me there. Other than that, you can't really go wrong with the regular sports bars, like Buffalo Billiards.

MPF, where in Old Town? I'll be back there for work in a few months.

MJZiggy
07-22-2009, 05:58 AM
Ya know it almost seems like there's enough of us here to have a PackerRats meetup...

MichiganPackerFan
07-22-2009, 07:46 AM
No more Damon's in Alexandria. They replaced it with some other place, but I haven't checked it out, because I got Sunday Ticket that year.

I remember hearing Crystal City Sports Pub was Packer-friendly, but don't quote me there. Other than that, you can't really go wrong with the regular sports bars, like Buffalo Billiards.

I've heard decent stuff about Crystal City Sports Pub, but I also fear it may be way to suburban!

We're inside the beltway near the Potomac in the old part of Old Town. It's a pretty cool area.

MOBB DEEP
07-22-2009, 01:15 PM

I've heard decent stuff about Crystal City Sports Pub, but I also fear it may be way to suburban!

We're inside the beltway near the Potomac in the old part of Old Town. It's a pretty cool area.

that IS a nice area; i used to have a client over there...nice dog park too across from potomac yard

if u dont want TOO suburban u should def check out Grand Slam since u're only five to ten minutes from there

and th87 is correct; u cant go wrong with most places in this area...its such a melting pot of folk from across the U.S. and all walks of life that sundays are a blast at the sportsbars. theres nothing like the sunday ticket but i gota admit i miss the banter and crowd of diehards all lathered up but cordial - he he....

MOBB DEEP
07-22-2009, 01:21 PM
If you don't get to go out to Annapolis, which is cool by the way, there's a little seafood joint across from Laurel Mall on Rte. 1 that's pretty good. For crabs anyway, I don't know if they broadcast games, but there's supposed to be a Packer bar out there somewhere.

u live in annapolis?

wifey likes the mall

my dentist is by laurel mall and gas prices over there are EXCELLENT; i travel over there wasting gas just to get the good prices....lol...theres SO many gas stations on rt 1 RIGHT NEXT to each other competing for lowest price that its like heaven!

MJZiggy
07-22-2009, 06:12 PM
I go that way for Ikea, but always stop for gas. No, I don't live in Annapolis, but it's only a 40 minute drive.

GrnBay007
07-22-2009, 06:21 PM
What is the best time of year to visit DC....weather-wise and for tourist type stuff? While my niece is living there we need to visit.

MJZiggy
07-22-2009, 06:30 PM
How hot do you like it. My favorite time is springtime. A couple weeks after the cherry blossoms bloom, the azaleas start and then the whole place explodes into bloom. Bring your favorite allergy medicine. There's also a national tulip festival with a whole field of donated tulips.

MichiganPackerFan
07-22-2009, 10:08 PM
What is the best time of year to visit DC....weather-wise and for tourist type stuff? While my niece is living there we need to visit.

Don't even know yet, been here just over two months!