PDA

View Full Version : GRANT, generally speaking.....

MOBB DEEP
07-22-2009, 08:46 AM
i love this cats character

im sure most of us saw him making his rounds on the espn shows yesterday and like his focus; he said the packers arent thinking about favre PERIOD this off-season! he says that obviously the week before pack v. vikes favre will be a focus, but other than that they're eyeing the bears game and plan on getting off to a great start to avoid those close losses

i actually believe him; these guys are pros and the pack want to take the crown back from minny...so without the favre drama we should be firing on all pistons

i believe ryan will rush for 1700 15 tds

had 1208 last year even tho we had to pass SO darn much

hoosier
07-22-2009, 09:05 AM
how many rush yard for grant?
2 grand

Let's see....1700 or 1700...I can't make up my mind!

Could we please have a little more diversity of choices between 0 (injured for year) and 1500 to make this poll more realistic? :lol:

Deputy Nutz
07-22-2009, 09:29 AM
I think he gets over 1200 but I don't think he gets 1500. Hopefully for all you Packer fans out there he regains that extra gear to break the long runs like he did in 2008.

Zool
07-22-2009, 09:42 AM
I think he gets over 1200 but I don't think he gets 1500. Hopefully for all you Packer fans out there he regains that extra gear to break the long runs like he did in 2008.

'07
Are you not a Packer fan now?

MOBB DEEP
07-22-2009, 11:37 AM
how many rush yard for grant?
2 grand

Let's see....1700 or 1700...I can't make up my mind!

lmao

SkinBasket
07-22-2009, 11:38 AM
850. I think they really want to split the time more this season. Jackson gets 650, and whatever cockjob wins the 3rd spot gets a buck fifty.

MOBB DEEP
07-22-2009, 11:39 AM
wow, u dont think he'll go over 1000?

i started with 1200 b/c he got that last year and i see him havn an excellent year with more long runs this season

SkinBasket
07-22-2009, 11:40 AM
wow, u dont think he'll go over 1000?

850 is less than 1000, so yes.

And by yes, I mean no, he won't.

MichiganPackerFan
07-22-2009, 11:58 AM
I think SkinBasket's the closest. Where's the option for 750-900? I wouldn't be suprised at all if he lost his starting spot to one of the youngsters during the season.

MOBB DEEP
07-22-2009, 12:44 PM
I think SkinBasket's the closest. Where's the option for 750-900? I wouldn't be suprised at all if he lost his starting spot to one of the youngsters during the season.

i figured EVERYONE would predict at least 1000

i treid to go back and put more options in but to no avail

i think once ppl start voting u cant change options...??!!

hoosier
07-22-2009, 01:11 PM

That sounds right to me. Otherwise you'd have a banana republic election result on your hands. Maybe you can ask the Admin to delete it and start over. Or have a poll where respondents ignore the given options and make up their own answers!

CaptainKickass
07-22-2009, 01:26 PM
Why is he "General" Grant in the topic title?

Isn't the typical "Field General" the team's QB?

Is it because he's "Generally" ok at running the ball?

Is this a specific generalization of the the use of the word general? or just an exercise in the General's generalities?

:?:

MOBB DEEP
07-22-2009, 01:35 PM

That sounds right to me. Otherwise you'd have a banana republic election result on your hands. Maybe you can ask the Admin to delete it and start over. Or have a poll where respondents ignore the given options and make up their own answers!

wats a banana republic?

i know its wifey's fav store but never knew it had meaning

and i guess people will make up their own predictions like skin basket

Waldo
07-22-2009, 01:35 PM
^^Grant was a famous general, and Ryan was looking for a nickname a week ago?^^

Anyway, I think that he's going to lose some carries vs. last year, but will see his effectiveness increase a fairly good deal, for a number of factors, including health, the line, emphasis, and coaching.

Last year he has 312 carries, 71.4% of the team's 437 carries (14th in the league). This year I think that he'll run about 60% of the time, and the team will see an increased workload on the ground as MM focuses on it more, garnering 450 team carries or 270 for Grant. I do think though that Grant will see his effectiveness climb and be in the 4.5 ypc area. On 270 carries that makes him a 1215 yd back.

I do think that Jackson though is going to get 130-150 carries at 5.5+ a pop though.

MOBB DEEP
07-22-2009, 01:37 PM

Is this a specific generalization of the the use of the word general? or just an exercise in the General's generalities?

he he he i was just trying to make a crafty title

Bossman641
07-22-2009, 01:38 PM

Anyway, I think that he's going to lose some carries vs. last year, but will see his effectiveness increase a fairly good deal, for a number of factors, including health, the line, emphasis, and coaching.

Last year he has 312 carries, 71.4% of the team's 437 carries (14th in the league). This year I think that he'll run about 60% of the time, and the team will see an increased workload on the ground as MM focuses on it more, garnering 450 team carries or 270 for Grant. I do think though that Grant will see his effectiveness climb and be in the 4.5 ypc area. On 270 carries that makes him a 1215 yd back.

I agree with your general take and I think MM shows an increased focus on the ground game, but I would hope that leads to more than 13 additional carries over the PY.

Waldo
07-22-2009, 01:44 PM

I agree with your general take and I think MM shows an increased focus on the ground game, but I would hope that leads to more than 13 additional carries over the PY.

Last year we ranked #14 in number of carries.

Ahead of us were teams that were "running teams", teams with injured QB's, teams with rookie QB's, and teams with terrible QB's. We ran more than any other "passing team". "Passing teams" typically run less than 400 times, "Running teams" typically run more than 500 times.

McCarthy is already flirting with historical highs in the % of runs called in his playcalling career.

CaptainKickass
07-22-2009, 01:46 PM

he he he i was just trying to make a crafty title

Ya didn't hafta change the title - i was just being generally facetious.

:D

Deputy Nutz
07-22-2009, 01:48 PM

'07

I am done labeling myself, thats all.

MOBB DEEP
07-22-2009, 02:07 PM

'07

I am done labeling myself, thats all.

i think i get u and understand your sentiments nutz

it may change, tho, once the season begins

hoosier
07-22-2009, 02:26 PM

I do think that Jackson though is going to get 130-150 carries at 5.5+ a pop though.

The average per carry sounds awfully high for Jackson, especially if Grant is "only" four and a half. The last time the Packers had a RB regularly in the mix with that kind of average was 2003, when Green, Davenport and Fisher were all over 5. And, at least with Green's subs, that was more a reflection of their stellar OL than of the talent running the ball. If Jackson has that kind of productivity, I would be very surprised to see Grant doing much less when he (IMO) brings a little bit more.

But who am I to quibble with someone else's speculations...we're all kind of trying to pin the tail on the donkey with this stuff.

MOBB DEEP
07-22-2009, 03:19 PM
wow, 10 posters think he will garner at least 1200?

thats a good sign b/c if he does we will win div imho

certainly pack and minny will make post season

hoosier
07-22-2009, 03:25 PM

It didn't have that meaning last year. 1200 isn't an especially big number if your #1 back doesn't share the load with others.

Waldo
07-22-2009, 04:14 PM

The average per carry sounds awfully high for Jackson, especially if Grant is "only" four and a half. The last time the Packers had a RB regularly in the mix with that kind of average was 2003, when Green, Davenport and Fisher were all over 5. And, at least with Green's subs, that was more a reflection of their stellar OL than of the talent running the ball. If Jackson has that kind of productivity, I would be very surprised to see Grant doing much less when he (IMO) brings a little bit more.

But who am I to quibble with someone else's speculations...we're all kind of trying to pin the tail on the donkey with this stuff.

Jackson averaged 5.5 last year.

It is pretty normal for 3rd down/changeup backs to average 5+. 5.5 isn't all that impressive, and sub 5.0 is replacement level IMO.

hoosier
07-22-2009, 04:23 PM

Jackson averaged 5.5 last year.

It is pretty normal for 3rd down/changeup backs to average 5+. 5.5 isn't all that impressive, and sub 5.0 is replacement level IMO.

I hadn't realized Jackson's ypc was that high last year. But he only had 45 carries. If he gets the 130-150 you predict for him this year, that's an entirely different matter. Last year only two backs had that kind of productivity with over 80 carries--Derrick Ward and Deangelo Williams. Of all the RBs who carried the ball bewteen 100-150 times (in other words, regular contributors but not fulltime #1 backs), only one averaged more than 4.4 per carry (4.8). If Jackson becomes a regular part of the rotation I see his per carry productivity coming back down to earth.

MOBB DEEP
07-22-2009, 04:27 PM

It didn't have that meaning last year. 1200 isn't an especially big number if your #1 back doesn't share the load with others.

well, b/c im lazy i didnt type how i think capers D and renewed focus of pack sans favre drama coupled with a strong running game will lead to 10-6

sorry

KYPack
07-22-2009, 04:27 PM
error

Zool
07-22-2009, 04:29 PM
http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy330/Shepman1/title-abugadu-2.jpg

This one KY?

MOBB DEEP
07-22-2009, 04:29 PM
hmmmmm....

KYPack
07-22-2009, 04:39 PM

This one KY?

Yeah, Zool, that's General Rodgers!.

I asked another "graphics expert" on here, but Skin couldn't help me find my own ass in a dark closet.

I knew I shuuda asked you!

How'd you find that mf er?

Zool
07-22-2009, 04:43 PM
Right click the image from the page you're on and pick "copy image location"

Cant use the [img] tag unless it has a .jpg or a .gif

Freak Out
07-22-2009, 05:25 PM

This one KY?

"General Rodgers will make this game your Appomattox"

Freak Out
07-22-2009, 05:43 PM
I think Grant is going to have a great year.....maybe 1500 yards great.

sheepshead
07-22-2009, 06:09 PM
I'm concerned about our running game. I hope I'm wrong.

hoosier
07-22-2009, 07:20 PM

well, b/c im lazy i didnt type how i think capers D and renewed focus of pack sans favre drama coupled with a strong running game will lead to 10-6

sorry

You forgot the part about them needing the first third of the schedule to adjust to the new defensive scheme. You lazy lima bean. :lol: