PDA

View Full Version : banning

Harlan Huckleby
07-22-2009, 01:12 PM
I accept the decision to keep the packer forum nicey nice.

Why not just revoke people's ability to post in the Packer forum if they are being too divisive. That does the job with minimum of sterilizing. The banned people add positive value to the forum despite their irritating moments.

mraynrand
07-22-2009, 01:19 PM

Why not just revoke people's ability to post in the Packer forum if they are being too divisive. That does the job with minimum of sterilizing. The banned people add positive value to the forum despite their irritating moments.

Good post, however I note that you and I can no longer post in the Packer thread. Coincidence?

SkinBasket
07-22-2009, 01:26 PM
This idea is less dumb than most of Harlan's. Instead of making the Garbage Can a privilege, make it a punishment...

Freak Out
07-22-2009, 01:32 PM
Let Freedom ring!

Deputy Nutz
07-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Harlan, it is time you either shut your fucking mouth, or you man up your little testies and start your own forum where you can make up any rules you would like.

gex
07-22-2009, 02:54 PM

Not a bad idea, but what happens when a football conversation breaks out in fyi?

Harlan Huckleby
07-22-2009, 03:11 PM
Not a bad idea, but what happens when a football conversation breaks out in fyi?

FYI is just a handfull of misfits who talk mostly to themselves. A couple trouble makers cursing about Favre will pass unnoticed.

mraynrand
07-22-2009, 04:13 PM

FYI is just a handfull of misfits who talk mostly to themselves. A couple trouble makers cursing about Favre will pass unnoticed.

Oh, I'll never fit in!!

http://therollerblog.com/wp-content/uploads/pictures/migration/Rudolph_Hermie.jpg

Let's be independent together!

Scott Campbell
07-22-2009, 04:21 PM

So you want them neutered upon reinstatement?

I think it's either all in, or all out.

Scott Campbell
07-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Harlan, it is time you either shut your fucking mouth, or you man up your little testies and start your own forum where you can make up any rules you would like.

He tried that once and look what happened.

Freak Out
07-22-2009, 07:38 PM
I guess I missed all or at least most of the stuff that got these guys the boot.

Partial: Name calling in threads and having/using a duplicate account?

JH: Being a drunk obnoxious ass a few to many times?

Bigguns: Being a sober obnoxious ass?

Cornholio: Who is Cornholio?

CPK: I Have no guess.....Favre rabble rousing?

It doesn't really matter....I'm just curious what I missed.....maybe I missed nothing and was just used to the chaos that was normal around here. :)

CaptainD
07-22-2009, 08:51 PM

Better idea get a couple of moderators and let them ...well moderate. You post a useless hate spewing post..boom it's gone.
But hey it's the administrators right to keep it clean and lean so to speak. More power to him !

Rastak
07-22-2009, 09:15 PM
I guess I missed all or at least most of the stuff that got these guys the boot.

It doesn't really matter....I'm just curious what I missed.....maybe I missed nothing and was just used to the chaos that was normal around here. :)

I don't think you missed much, you pretty much nailed it except I'm not sure if JH is getting hammered or is nuts. I fear the latter to be honest.

(Sorry Hoosier, I'm off the Packer page so I thought I could comment).

Cheesehead Craig
07-22-2009, 09:48 PM
Wait, Partial had another account here? I missed that one.

Tarlam!
07-23-2009, 12:59 AM
I admit I've only been lurking mostly of late. And not as often as I'd like to boot.

I can't really get my head around this new ownership deal. I think the Mexican Bandit is still running the show behind the nom de plume Administrator.

Back on topic: What SC said.

MJZiggy
07-23-2009, 06:04 AM
Nah, Madman doesn't have that kind of grammar or calm demeanor. He's a little fiery for that.

sheepshead
07-23-2009, 07:14 AM
I admit I've only been lurking mostly of late. And not as often as I'd like to boot.

I can't really get my head around this new ownership deal. I think the Mexican Bandit is still running the show behind the nom de plume Administrator.

Then fucking leave already.

hoosier
07-23-2009, 08:06 AM

I don't think you missed much, you pretty much nailed it except I'm not sure if JH is getting hammered or is nuts. I fear the latter to be honest.

(Sorry Hoosier, I'm off the Packer page so I thought I could comment).

That's ok, the guy pretty much requested that the Admin to ban him. I guess after that nothing is sacred. :lol:

Administrator
07-23-2009, 08:11 AM

This wasn't necessary. Knock it off.

Administrator
07-23-2009, 08:14 AM

If there is one thing I'm not it's Mexican. I understand you not being able to "get your head around it". I guess I can imagine that what happened here was kind of rare, but, it happened as I said it did.

Plenty of posters have had extended conversations via PM and email with me. Those posters will all tell you (I hope) that I'm not Madtown Packer, or anyone else for that matter.

Patler
07-23-2009, 08:25 AM
Plenty of posters have had extended conversations via PM and email with me. Those posters will all tell you (I hope) that I'm not Madtown Packer, or anyone else for that matter.

You aren't Madtown Packer, "or anyone else"?
Just an ethereal, disembodied power overseeing a fan site??? :lol: :lol:

Administrator
07-23-2009, 08:31 AM
Related to the topic at hand, I was going to let it run its course, but naturally, even before page 2 someone had to get slammed, so I'm thinking I have to weigh in.

Justin Harrell, PacoPete and CPK1994 will never return to this forum. They had plenty of chances and basically told me that they were going to do things their own way, and I'm sure they are doing that, someplace else.

I'm not convinced that either Cornholio or Aaron 12odgers are unique posters. A couple of other posters have stepped up recently and claimed that they know cornholio, but, when multiple folks accused him of being another poster, they were essentially silent about their relationship, so right now, I'm skeptical. Cornholio was pretty combative, for a guy with 41 posts, and personally, I don't think the forum misses those contributions. At this point I am reluctant to go backwards.

Aaron 12odgers is clearly an incarnation of another poster. When I can prove which one, that poster will be gone, also. The account is deactivated and will stay that way.

Finally, Tyrone and Partial. I've deactivated them. I told Partial I'd bring him back August 1st. I told Tyrone I'd bring him back after the 1st preseason game, which would be August 17th, I think. Quite honestly, it has been so peaceful around here lately, it has occured to me that maybe I shouldn't bring either of them back.

I did give them my word, so, I'll probably bring them back, but on a very short leash. In the last week, we've had the best football discussion that I can remember in my time here. The Favre threads have actually been somewhat respectful, and I recognize that he is a lightning rod right now. Even the FYI room has had minimal flare-ups.

I am very reluctant to "re-introduce" problems to cater to those personalities. I think that it is clear right now, today, that the downsides are real and they exist. I can actually participate in normal discussion right now. It hasn't been that way for much of the summer. I've been too busy reading things to make sure that someone isn't slamming someone else or just mouthing off. I don't miss that, at all. If that means fewer posts, but better discussion, I think I'm willing to accept that. Maybe the forum will begin to grow again.

The protest signatures are kind of cute, but they won't last long term. Make your points now, and then get rid of them. At some point, in the near future, I'll just delete them.

Administrator
07-23-2009, 08:33 AM

You aren't Madtown Packer, "or anyone else"?
Just an ethereal, disembodied power overseeing a fan site??? :lol: :lol:

Good one. How did I miss that. :shock: I need another cup of coffee. Not awake yet.... :wink:

Harlan Huckleby
07-23-2009, 08:34 AM
The protest signatures are kind of cute, but they won't last long term. Make your points now, and then get rid of them. At some point, in the near future, I'll just delete them.

you have no respect for free speech. goodbye.

Patler
07-23-2009, 08:43 AM

That actually raises an interesting question:

Should there really be an expectation of a broad right to free speech on a site like this?

I doubt it.

Harlan Huckleby
07-23-2009, 08:48 AM

That actually raises an interesting question. Should there really be an expectation of a broad right to free speech on a site like this? I doubt it.

Of course not, not in an absolute sense. It's a question of balancing.

But if the powers that be do not value free speech, then there really is none at all. In the absence of any rules or guidelines, it's all arbitrary.

But you didn't hear it from me, I already left. :lol:

Zool
07-23-2009, 08:55 AM
Again?

Patler
07-23-2009, 09:01 AM
Of course not, not in an absolute sense. It's a question of balancing.

But if the powers that be do not value free speech, then there really is none at all.

But you didn't hear it from me, I already left. :lol:

But who can see from our limited experience whether Admin values free speech or not?

In a general setting your exercise of free speech does not have to impact my enjoyment of things to any great extent. I can turn off the radio when you are on, I can walk away from your speeches, refuse to buy your books, skip your magazine articles; pretty much avoid you all together if that is what I chose.

Your right to free speech does not grant you the right to interrupt or disrupt my speech or my conversations. It does not give you the right to copy but change my writings. Those things have happened with frequency on this website. Threads started by some for legitimate purposes were routinely taken over and ruined by others. Posts have been copied and altered far beyond the originators intention, often completely contrary to those intentions.

The key to freedom of speech on here, and Admin's attitude toward it, will be what thread topics he allows to be started, and what posts he removes that are on topic but of an extremist philosophy.

As for the protest signatures, with what the attitude was on here, some may be akin to yelling "Fire" in a public building. No right of free speech to do that! :lol:

Scott Campbell
07-23-2009, 09:19 AM

.....that reminds me of...............

Nutz, I am not taking a break, I am going to not post here anymore. And the real reason is I am changing priorities in my life. This forum is too addictive for me to dabble in.

I am not mad at Madtown or anybody else. Mad treated me crappy because he is kind of an idiot. So what. We'll be friends again and chat occasionally in IM, despite his macho statements to contrary now.

I am lurking in here because I don't want to leave with bad feelings, so many great memories of characters here. Your statement about me wanting to sour the forum, uhh, sorry you have this impression. I am rebellious, and speak-up to authority. And there's the pitch black sense of humor.

Anyway, anybody can email me at RBurger@SequelSolutions.biz, my name is Dick Burger, "Harlan Huckleby" is now retired. I am staying away from the forum because it is best for me to go cold turkey, not because the forum isn't a blast.

Harlan Huckleby
07-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Ya, there are boundaries, of course.

But criticizing policy is yelling "fire" in a crowded theater? Come on. I didn't see any roving bands of angry freedom fighters threatening the public safety. In fact, I would say the reaction was more on the order of some muted co-grumbling.

So, I think that the boundaries are both too vague and unnecesarily restrictive. People ought not be censored just for criticizing policy. I think a wise, secure authority would just see it as a healthy release, or might even consider other opinions.

I also think it is unnecessary to ban people for arguing, try revoking their Packer forum privileges first.

Everybody has those own standards and degrees of tolerance. I like that the petty arguing has been cleaned up here, to be honest, but the degree of control is too much for my tastes.

SkinBasket
07-23-2009, 09:34 AM
A couple of other posters have stepped up recently and claimed that they know cornholio, but, when multiple folks accused him of being another poster, they were essentially silent about their relationship, so right now, I'm skeptical. Cornholio was pretty combative, for a guy with 41 posts, and personally, I don't think the forum misses those contributions. At this point I am reluctant to go backwards.

I certainly understand your reluctance to go backwards. Cornholio came into the forum of his own accord, so I didn't want to "taint" others' views of him by claiming him as an acquaintance. I think his attempt at irreverent humor came across as hostility and combativeness. So I can understand why you suspended or deleted him or whatever. I would only argue that perhaps 41 posts was too small a sample to provide an accurate analysis of the contributions Cornholio could make to the forum.

Tarlam!
07-23-2009, 09:58 AM
...I like that the petty arguing has been cleaned up here, to be honest, but the degree of control is too much for my tastes.

You want your cake and eat it, too, HH. That won't fly, mate. It is clear to me that we posters are incapable of self control, no matter how vivid the bounderies, which have been issued as personal warnings by the "non Mexican" and ignored by the "Banished Ones".

Harlan Huckleby
07-23-2009, 10:20 AM
ya, I get the clamp-down on bickering.
my suggestion there was to try revoking packer room priviledges and see if that is sufficient for the goal. I don't like to see people tossed away, especially since some of the trouble makers add, shall we say, color.

being able to criticize forum policies, or make suggestions, ought to be allowed and protected. absolutely.

it really has to do with personal tastes. I know the group here is conservative in the sense of being well mannered, and they want to associate with the same. I have a higher tolerance for annoying people than most, I suppose. I like the diversity. It seems to me that keeping the packer room well scrubbed ought to be good enough.

Zool hates long good byes and is getting all teary over my leaving, I should stop responding.

MichiganPackerFan
07-23-2009, 10:26 AM
Quite honestly, it has been so peaceful around here lately, it has occured to me that maybe I shouldn't bring either of them back.

In the last week, we've had the best football discussion that I can remember in my time here.

I would like to suggest that these items are a direct result of my return to the forum, or rather the transitioned from JSO forum. : D

hoosier
07-23-2009, 10:26 AM
...I like that the petty arguing has been cleaned up here, to be honest, but the degree of control is too much for my tastes.

You want your cake and eat it, too, HH. That won't fly, mate. It is clear to me that we posters are incapable of self control, no matter how vivid the bounderies, which have been issued as personal warnings by the "non Mexican" and ignored by the "Banished Ones".

I have a slightly different take. What Freak referred to as the obnoxious posters actually play an important but underappreciated role in the social life of groups. When a few black sheep exhibit certain annoying behavior on a consistent basis, the other memebers of the group don't feel compelled to engage in the same stuff--which, if everyone did it, would quickly lead to the group disintegrating.

Any forum should be able to tolerate a handful of obnoxious types as long as their behavior doesn't threaten the safety of others or completely disrupt other members from contributing. And from my POV, if you remove every perpetrator of obnoxious behavior from Packer Rats you're left with sanitized boredom.

Tarlam!
07-23-2009, 10:36 AM
HH, 2 of the 5 will be back next month anyway and most of the others, it appears, had stated it to be their intention to continue to be cyber-hostile and disruptive.

They still have the right to be cyber-hostile and disruptive on public forums, just not this one.

Frankly, if posters' being "colorful" is the equivelant of a free license to pick cyber-fights and be intentionally disruptive at will, give me black and white posters.

I am yet to see an example constructive, polite, public critique of the policies of PR be censored, but I haven't been giving the place much attention of late. Maybe you can email or PM me what I should know.

Bossman641
07-23-2009, 10:37 AM

I have a slightly different take. What Freak referred to as the obnoxious posters actually play an important but underappreciated role in the social life of groups. When a few black sheep exhibit certain annoying behavior on a consistent basis, the other memebers of the group don't feel compelled to engage in the same stuff--which, if everyone did it, would quickly lead to the group disintegrating.

Any forum should be able to tolerate a handful of obnoxious types as long as their behavior doesn't threaten the safety of others or completely disrupt other members from contributing. And from my POV, if you remove every perpetrator of obnoxious behavior from Packer Rats you're left with sanitized boredom.

I agree. It has been nice to have actual discussion in the Packer room again, but I do sort of miss the banned. They contributed quite a lot to the forum once you sifted through their BS. I have a high tolerance so I didn't mind all the arguing and name-calling but I can see how others would have. I just hope the forum starts growing once the season picks up.

Tarlam!
07-23-2009, 10:41 AM
...as their behavior doesn't threaten the safety of others or completely disrupt other members from contributing.

And from my POV, if you remove every perpetrator of obnoxious behavior from Packer Rats you're left with sanitized boredom.

Ah, Hoosier, this is the point! Posters do cease to contribute, myself included, because of the Kindergarten environment the "a handful of obnoxious" posters create.

Scott Campbell
07-23-2009, 11:32 AM
Posters do cease to contribute, myself included......

Whaddya mean, cease? :lol:

Tarlam!
07-23-2009, 11:53 AM
Posters do cease to contribute, myself included......

Whaddya mean, cease? :lol:

:oops: Oops

sheepshead
07-23-2009, 12:44 PM

This is one despicable human we deal with on here. A real supreme nut job who's only contribution will be to make outrageous accusations about people and stalk them on other forums. Scary, deranged behavior really.

sheepshead
07-23-2009, 12:47 PM
I was certain cornholio was partial, I have no proof obviously.

Scott Campbell
07-23-2009, 12:53 PM
Tarlam is one of the great characters on this board, and there are a ton of people who have met him at the posters game and will vouch for him.

mraynrand
07-23-2009, 01:48 PM

This is one despicable human we deal with on here. A real supreme nut job who's only contribution will be to make outrageous accusations about people and stalk them on other forums. Scary, deranged behavior really.

This is odd. It seems you are the only one who feels this way. Is it possible the two of you just set each other off, and it isn't a general problem of this one poster. I would point out, that since I have no idea what you are referring to, it really makes you look obnoxious slamming Tarlam with seemingly no provocation. Much like the uninitiated might see exchanges between me and that Bigguns character.

sheepshead
07-23-2009, 01:55 PM
Sorry you weren't c.c. ed on all the memos. Give me a break.

SkinBasket
07-23-2009, 02:21 PM
I was certain cornholio was partial, I have no proof obviously.

That makes you dead wrong on two counts. I've met all three. Cornholio is not Partial. You might say they're opposite kind of people and I doubt they would get along well together. Tarlam is generous, charismatic, and sincere. He is universally loved and respected by all he meets, like Harry Potter. You are his Voldemort, but without the evil powers, malevolent intelligence, or the followers. Which just kind of makes you an ass.

sheepshead
07-23-2009, 02:31 PM
Skin, I admitted I wasnt correct on cornhole.

On the second point, so was Jeffery Dahmer.

SkinBasket
07-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Jeffery Dahmer was not Harry Potter. What is wrong with you?

sheepshead
07-23-2009, 03:14 PM
Related to the topic at hand, I was going to let it run its course, but naturally, even before page 2 someone had to get slammed, so I'm thinking I have to weigh in.

Justin Harrell, PacoPete and CPK1994 will never return to this forum. They had plenty of chances and basically told me that they were going to do things their own way, and I'm sure they are doing that, someplace else.

I'm not convinced that either Cornholio or Aaron 12odgers are unique posters. A couple of other posters have stepped up recently and claimed that they know cornholio, but, when multiple folks accused him of being another poster, they were essentially silent about their relationship, so right now, I'm skeptical. Cornholio was pretty combative, for a guy with 41 posts, and personally, I don't think the forum misses those contributions. At this point I am reluctant to go backwards.

Aaron 12odgers is clearly an incarnation of another poster. When I can prove which one, that poster will be gone, also. The account is deactivated and will stay that way.

Finally, Tyrone and Partial. I've deactivated them. I told Partial I'd bring him back August 1st. I told Tyrone I'd bring him back after the 1st preseason game, which would be August 17th, I think. Quite honestly, it has been so peaceful around here lately, it has occured to me that maybe I shouldn't bring either of them back.

I did give them my word, so, I'll probably bring them back, but on a very short leash. In the last week, we've had the best football discussion that I can remember in my time here. The Favre threads have actually been somewhat respectful, and I recognize that he is a lightning rod right now. Even the FYI room has had minimal flare-ups.

I am very reluctant to "re-introduce" problems to cater to those personalities. I think that it is clear right now, today, that the downsides are real and they exist. I can actually participate in normal discussion right now. It hasn't been that way for much of the summer. I've been too busy reading things to make sure that someone isn't slamming someone else or just mouthing off. I don't miss that, at all. If that means fewer posts, but better discussion, I think I'm willing to accept that. Maybe the forum will begin to grow again.

Ty on a timeout?? Bravo my Packer Brother. This is quite refreshing. There are plenty on here with that same attitude (I'm going to do what I want, try and stop me). Like I have said-It's like their mom works here or something. Good work flushing these pukes out.

Scott Campbell
07-23-2009, 03:34 PM
Very brave of you to say so when they can't respond.

sheepshead
07-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Very brave of you to say so when they can't respond.

Oh no, there are plenty who are still on here. That little Nazi group of mods for instance.

SkinBasket
07-23-2009, 03:47 PM
What mods? Did you hit your head this morning? You're acting all retarded.

Zool
07-23-2009, 03:51 PM
Rational conversations arent going to work.

SkinBasket
07-23-2009, 03:58 PM

You want to go somewhere and make out?

Zool
07-23-2009, 04:02 PM

You want to go somewhere and make out?

Kinda

sheepshead
07-23-2009, 04:05 PM

From the old regime. Do I have to draw pictures for you?

SkinBasket
07-23-2009, 04:09 PM

From the old regime. Do I have to draw pictures for you?

If they make more sense than your words, then yes, that would be appreciated.

Bretsky
07-23-2009, 06:16 PM

Stop being an asshole; Tarlem has been away for a bit but has contributed far before most of us arrived. Try the high road; if you don't care for him don't respond or comment about him.

One of the main focuses has been being respectful of others; we're trying to knock off the B.S. IMO you should give it a try.

MJZiggy
07-23-2009, 06:40 PM
As the rest of those who've met Tar chime in, I may as well toss my 2 cents in here too. We've met him. So he gets under your skin. That's no reason to go out of your way to attack the dude every time he posts. Are you seeing a pattern here? Everyone who's met him is telling you what a nice guy he is. Perhaps you should listen?

packinpatland
07-23-2009, 06:46 PM
And he looked good in his expensive #4 jersey!

Deputy Nutz
07-23-2009, 07:11 PM
Tar called it like he saw it when you first arrived Sheep, you have been off and on. You don't like it because he pointed out that you can be a serious asshole. Who here thinks he is wrong?

sheepshead
07-23-2009, 07:38 PM
Tar called it like he saw it when you first arrived Sheep, you have been off and on. You don't like it because he pointed out that you can be a serious asshole. Who here thinks he is wrong?

Oh and you cant be a dick. You're falling into your famous double standard. The nutbag was stalking me on another forum. Who does that? What level of derangement is that? The guy has serious serious issues. Do a search. Read some of that crap. It's out right scary. Every time I see a post from the guy I get the absolute creeps. I also believe he has sock puppet on here.

Freak Out
07-23-2009, 07:44 PM
He has a sock puppet alright.....but he's not sticking his hand in it.

HarveyWallbangers
07-23-2009, 08:10 PM
I've met Tarlam a couple of times, and I enjoy the old man. I knew I'd like him when he told RastaK that when he saw the dude with long hair and do rag, he was hoping it wasn't him. Of course, it was him. Classic!

MichiganPackerFan
07-23-2009, 08:47 PM
You all are forgetting the most important thing: it's not Tarlam, it's Tarlam!"
How can you not be excited when that name appears on the board?

Deputy Nutz
07-23-2009, 09:01 PM

Oh and you cant be a dick. You're falling into your famous double standard. The nutbag was stalking me on another forum. Who does that? What level of derangement is that? The guy has serious serious issues. Do a search. Read some of that crap. It's out right scary. Every time I see a post from the guy I get the absolute creeps. I also believe he has sock puppet on here.

Where is the double standard? I made being a dick famous. I heard your little rant about him searching you out. Maybe he thought he was on an old fashion crusade? The bottom line is that I would rather see him here than you.

So, leave him alone, I am not saying not to defend yourself if he goes on a rampage and comes after you with all the horror of one of those fucked up abortion videos, but what I am saying is that if you want to go ahead and fuck with him every time him posts, then well, piss off.

Tarlam!
07-24-2009, 12:02 AM
Thanks for sticking up for me, people, and having my back. I really appreciate it. :oops:

Tarlam!
07-24-2009, 12:08 AM
Thank you, Sheep Dip.

Your comments attempting to defame me have led to a public outcry that wouldn't ordinarily have occurred.

And, for the umpteenth time, you've provided sufficient evidence for me to comfortably declare "I told you so" to the PR posting community when it comes to your cyber-persona. It has proven to be what I predicted it would be.

I'm all giddy inside.

sheepshead
07-24-2009, 06:27 AM

Where is the double standard? I made being a dick famous. I heard your little rant about him searching you out. Maybe he thought he was on an old fashion crusade? The bottom line is that I would rather see him here than you.

So, leave him alone, I am not saying not to defend yourself if he goes on a rampage and comes after you with all the horror of one of those fucked up abortion videos, but what I am saying is that if you want to go ahead and fuck with him every time him posts, then well, piss off.

Under normal circumstances you would have a point. But this whackjob called me out, repeatedly for no reason what-so-ever. I was just talking about football. I'll happily stay away from him and would ask that he do the same. I am glad there is an ocean between us, I would be concerned personally if he lived here.

Scott Campbell
07-24-2009, 07:02 AM
I'll happily stay away from him and would ask that he do the same.

Are you really going to stick with this story? He didn't say jack about you here, and you attacked him without provocation.

Waldo
07-24-2009, 08:59 AM
I've been part of many, many Packer MB's (just about all that I'm aware of at some point), each has it's own dynamic.

I think that it is set up well here. People can perhaps go a little further than they can at more "public friendly" sites, making it a bit more humorous, and attempts at sarcasm actually tend to come across as such (often a big failure when you can't go that extra step). On the flipside there is still an engaged overseer to keep things from getting out of hand. There is a fine line to walk between them all.

I never really thought the JSO football convo was any good, or yahoo, so didn't stick at either.

I stayed at the GBPG for a long time, it was basically unmoderated aside from a naughty word filter (sucked not being able to say common Packer phrases like Lynn Dickey), until they decided to add a naughty button ("report abuse"), which pretty much turned into a weapon.

I always thought PC was heavily overmoderated, to the point of thought police, where ideas as well as behavior were moderated.

Some of the old GBPG guys formed a site like this one, but set it up different, having 2 sister sites, a clean one and one that allows naughty words. I think that the naughty one is a case of the inmates running the asylum though (at times it reads like the comment section at the end of articles), the naughty one is just too far, the clean one doesn't have that extra edge, though it is pretty good.

FF I think is a little overmoderated, but it isn't bad. Again though it has a plainness that PR doesn't have.

Honestly here when I see some arguments, I have no idea what people are arguing about. It seems that there are some very long standing arguments that can flare up over little nothings; to outside observers it is most illogical why they are occurring.

Tarlam!
07-24-2009, 09:37 AM
He didn't say jack about you here, and you attacked him without provocation.

Yeah, I did SC. Well, not on this thread. But when he got here.

I had been infrequently lurking on JSO in the final weeks of it's life (actually, I was interested in where ol' Tank was) and I came across Sheep Dip. It was appalling to see his attacks, mostly always personal and vindictive, on JSO posters. That was the extent of my "stalking". (This is why searching for anything would be futile. Nothing exists!)

When he arrived here I made sure to inform everyone of the type of poster we were getting. I was unfortunately accurate.

I also pointed out to him publicly, and very directly via PM, that I, for one, would not tolerate his attacks on PR towards our posters. Which I did not.

Too bad, really, because he has some interesting views on Football.

So, apart from his gross exaggerations and flattery towards my state of mental well being, there is indeed a grain of truth to the matter. A grain, mind, not much more.

This latest love fest from him is purely unprovoked. But there's a new Sheriff in town, so, I don't need to pursue the matter any further.

sheepshead
07-24-2009, 04:42 PM

You see had he taken your advice from the jump we wouldn't be having this conversation.

sheepshead
07-24-2009, 04:47 PM

I had been infrequently lurking on JSO in the final weeks of it's life (actually, I was interested in where ol' Tank was) and I came across Sheep Dip. It was appalling to see his attacks, mostly always personal and vindictive, on JSO posters. That was the extent of my "stalking". (This is why searching for anything would be futile. Nothing exists!)

When he arrived here I made sure to inform everyone of the type of poster we were getting. I was unfortunately accurate.

I also pointed out to him publicly, and very directly via PM, that I, for one, would not tolerate his attacks on PR towards our posters. Which I did not.

So, apart from his gross exaggerations and flattery towards my state of mental well being, there is indeed a grain of truth to the matter. A grain, mind, not much more.

This latest love fest from him is purely unprovoked. But there's a new Sheriff in town, so, I don't need to pursue the matter any further.

The question becomes ...really..Who in the fuck do you think you are to judge me or anyone else? From I can gather man you have your own issues. Seriously. Take your smarmy condescension and shove it squarely up your ass.

Zool
07-24-2009, 04:48 PM
Bye Sheep.

Patler
07-24-2009, 04:55 PM

The question becomes ...really..Who in the fuck do you think you are to judge me or anyone else? From I can gather man you have your own issues. Seriously. Take your smarmy condescension and shove it squarely up your ass.

Kind of an over reaction to Tar's post, isn't it? He openly admitted to being the aggressor early on this board because of run-ins you had elsewhere, even paid you a complement, and offered an olive branch of sorts.

Tarlam!
07-25-2009, 02:08 AM
Kind of an over reaction to Tar's post, isn't it?

The German Walter Kempowski wrote in a novel:

Was stört es die stolze Eiche, wenn sich das Borstenvieh an ihr stößt

It has become a famous saying in German. Roughly translated, it would go something like this:

What bother is it to a grand old oak tree if a wild pig rubs against it...

My answer is, about as much as the moon is bothered by coyotes howling at it.

HowardRoark
07-25-2009, 09:37 AM
Kind of an over reaction to Tar's post, isn't it?

The German Walter Kempowski wrote in a novel:

Was stört es die stolze Eiche, wenn sich das Borstenvieh an ihr stößt

It has become a famous saying in German. Roughly translated, it would go something like this:

What bother is it to a grand old oak tree if a wild pig rubs against it...

My answer is, about as much as the moon is bothered by coyotes howling at it.

Ellsworth Toohey: I'm fighting you and shall fight you in every way I can.
Howard Roark: You're free to do what you please!
Ellsworth Toohey: Mr. Roark, we’re alone here. Why don't you tell me what you think of me in any words you wish.
Howard Roark: But I don't think of you!
[Roark walks away and Toohey's head slumps down]

Administrator
07-25-2009, 08:55 PM

Sheepshead - you've proven in this thread that you just don't know when to shut up. I told you to stop, then you refused and felt the need to "explain" by ramping it up. Then later you complimented me for "cracking down" on those who won't "follow the rules". Yeah. Ok. Didn't you refuse to follow the rules by continuing to post on this topic and ignore my request to stop it?

Sheepshead - you can join Tyrone. We'll see you after the 1st preseason game.

Good grief. I cannot believe this thread. I just can't believe it.

mraynrand
07-26-2009, 06:32 AM
Good grief. I cannot believe this thread. I just can't believe it.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_UMxR_4lDZJk/R0uY2X5jLCI/AAAAAAAAAL4/bzfCiEHXwas/s400/good-grief-charlie-brown.jpg

Administrator
07-26-2009, 02:08 PM
:roll: Well, I really fell into that one, didn't I. :(

Scott Campbell
07-26-2009, 02:38 PM
......looks like your new av found you. :lol:

falco
07-26-2009, 05:20 PM
So...we can either organize a search party for Harlan, or wait a few weeks for him to come back.

Harlan Huckleby
07-26-2009, 07:22 PM
By the time I get to Phoenix she'll be rising
She'll find the note I left hangin' on her door
She'll laugh when she reads the part that says I'm leavin'
'Cause I've left that girl so many times before

She just didn't know, I would really go.

pbmax
07-27-2009, 10:24 PM
So this is where the grown-ups went to argue? :lol:

I am glad to hear Partial and Ty will be coming back. I do not have a strong affinity for Partial, but its no fun and not useful to be surrounded by people agreeing with you. I find Ty flat out hilarious usually, but I can understand that he goes way beyond what's necessary with some folks.

Too bad about Justin. I am not certain what set him off prior to his banning, but we will miss the on the scene OTA and camp reports. I find it somewhat odd that he refuses to compromise with Charlie Brown. Can we just call the admin Blockhead?

Frankly, the Packer forum has been a far more enjoyable read since paco and cpk left. Its too bad they couldn't adjust. CPK surprised during the draft, but it was all too infrequent when compared to angry outbursts.

And did I read that AynRand and Harlan cannot post on the Packers board? Or did I miss the joke/reference?

mraynrand
07-28-2009, 07:02 AM
And did I read that AynRand and Harlan cannot post on the Packers board? Or did I miss the joke/reference?

I will be deleted at some point in the near future. I can feel it. Stop Dave...Please.

http://travelblog.viator.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/hal-9000l.jpg

SkinBasket
07-28-2009, 08:49 AM
I am glad to hear Partial and Ty will be coming back. I do not have a strong affinity for Partial, but its no fun and not useful to be surrounded by people agreeing with you. I find Ty flat out hilarious usually, but I can understand that he goes way beyond what's necessary with some folks.

I think we should have official welcome back party threads for each of them. We'll need a party coordinator. Any volunteers?

Zool
07-28-2009, 09:24 AM

I think we should have official welcome back party threads for each of them. We'll need a party coordinator. Any volunteers?

I'll bring the iPhones and Blackberries

pbmax
07-28-2009, 09:54 AM

The title of Partial's comeback thread should be:

"Aaron Rodgers Is WAY Above Average - Like Number 11"

Scott Campbell
07-28-2009, 09:57 AM

I'll bring the iPhones and Blackberries

I'll bring Vince Young.

SkinBasket
07-28-2009, 10:17 AM
I was just wondering: After one has been "deactivated," do their warnings reset or are they still on their "last warning."

mraynrand
07-28-2009, 10:42 AM
I was just wondering: After one has been "deactivated," do their warnings reset or are they still on their "last warning."

Why don't you do the experiment?

SkinBasket
07-28-2009, 10:49 AM

Why don't you do the experiment?

I don't think I'm on my final warning yet. In fact, I've only received criticism on my manner of critique and thinly veiled threats. I'm not sure if those qualify as official warnings. It sounds like these other folks were very much made aware that they stood on the brink, and they jumped anyway. Some further than others.

SnakeLH2006
07-29-2009, 03:39 AM
Tarlam is one of the great characters on this board, and there are a ton of people who have met him at the posters game and will vouch for him.

Personally, Snake has never been under ANY warning, but me and Tarlam ran the gammit last year. Like intelligent longtime PR posters (we worked it out in several PM's) and came to an understanding as friends...as Snake would do most anything for that crazy German SOB!!. Tarlam is a good guy.

I would LOVE and like to see Tarlam posting regularly again (but he has lots of shit going on) but hey Tarlam! Snake loves your sharp wit and intelligence. Please come back!

As far as those banned....is JH really banned? Damn. He had some good points now and then but really was stupid in his last stand questioning the new Admin. To Joe: Please let JH back. He's fun to rip in a good way and kind of makes PR as he's a Rat to death....,JH makes plenty of posts (mostly good). I think he's a good guy to boot. I take a stand for JH and that would surprise him as I ripped some of his shit to death in the past, but JH is a crucial part of this forum.

Paco. Banned? Wow. I didn't know he was banned. He really was a Favre homer but not quite 10% as bad as CPK in his emotion-driven posts. CPK was all condescending hatred. That ban was easy to see.

Why is Paco banned? CPK was negative as all hell and pissed off many. Paco, IMO, was kinda like JH.....just really pro-Brett and got pissed at peeps ripping on him. Paco isn't the smartest, but really got picked on alot. Either way....I never saw Paco or JH as a cancer like CPK.

And to others that said the same about the current peaceful state of the PR forums....QFT......

Snake is so glad we can all give opinions without the negative barb lately. Good ass discussions lately with the snarky BS. Funny digs are fine, but the old BS at anyone's post to the negative aspect got old quick after post after post after fucking post.....Jesus it got tiring...

If this is how it is now, sobeit. State your opinion without the threat of BS ripping/nagging/etc. soon therafter. That is a GOOD thing. Snake is big fan, and good job Joe. Just get that front page up soon. :)

Tarlam! Please come back, though!

Tarlam!
07-29-2009, 09:49 AM
Tarlam! Please come back, though!

Never really went anywhere, Snake, just doing mostly reading is all. A lot of good posts lately that nothing added from me! Hope you're well, Bro.

HarveyWallbangers
07-29-2009, 05:31 PM
Paco. Banned? Wow. I didn't know he was banned. He really was a Favre homer but not quite 10% as bad as CPK in his emotion-driven posts. CPK was all condescending hatred. That ban was easy to see.

Two peas in a pod, my friend. Depends on who you thought was more right. I'm just glad that Paco is out of the Brewers forum... what's left of it.

Rastak
07-29-2009, 07:51 PM

Two peas in a pod, my friend. Depends on who you thought was more right. I'm just glad that Paco is out of the Brewers forum... what's left of it.

Yea, you are exactly right about those two. Kind of the opposite of JH. Those two were certainly one trick ponies. Same shit, every post. Over and over. Over and Over. Rinse and repeat.

JH was perfectly sane one minute, then a full blown anti-social nut the next. Made for interesting reading but damn, you had to cringe at every 5th post. Owner of the site calls him out, and unfortunately for him, he's Mr. Hyde at that point in time...LOL......oh well.

SnakeLH2006
07-30-2009, 02:15 AM

LOL. I see what you are saying Harv, but I was either ever really right?... :lol: Oh well, though.

BTW, too bad the Brewers and Bucks suck so much, as I try to post in both, but there does not seem to be much interest in either of those sub-forums lately. I don't remember seeing Paco in there much though?..

gex
07-30-2009, 09:57 PM
Does anyone know where the banned/suspended rats are spending their online time? I've checked out a couple of forums and haven't seen any posts from them.

SnakeLH2006
07-31-2009, 01:04 AM
Does anyone know where the banned/suspended rats are spending their online time? I've checked out a couple of forums and haven't seen any posts from them.

Snake got a coupla of recent Tweets from those guys...Here goes:
__________________________________________________ ___

-CPK is on the Playstation forum hating on the 360 at ps3.com.

"Microsoft sucks ass. They just take all our money. Fuck Bill Gates..he's the fucking devil and the reason Vista sucks. You fucking fake ass Xbot trolls! Fuck Ballmer too. We would have figured out that Internet shit eventually. What's an Apple? Apple's fail."

-JH is on the Packer Apparel board at packerthreads.com.

"I used to get Packer tees for free at family scrimmages. To the death, I'll fuck up anyone under the age of 12 in a death match for their t-shirt, bitches. I'll fuck you up!"

-Paco is on deannaisbrett.com.

"I bet Brett makes you go A2M, and that is why you always look so pissed off Deanna....you fucking bitch. Way to make Brett all weak looking lately. Bitch."

-Sheepshead is on jsoonlineisalive.com.

"You might not know Tarlam! but that guy is a German. They lost wars. Fuck that guy. I know most everyone likes him, but FUCK THAT GUY. He dissed me 5 years ago."

-Partial is on manboobs.com.

"Check out my latest pic. I did the math and have been eating nothing but rice cakes and McDonald's. Doing dumbbell curls. Look at my chest. Sexay? You likey?"

:five: LOL. Snake is just fucking around. Much peace to those departed and soon to be revived as PR is nothing if not for the personalities. I miss everyone but CPK.

Snake's been on 5 NFL forums, but loves this one the most, cuz we can state an opinion and joke around (and swearing at times is fun)....I was just joking, but this is why I (us all) keep coming back. Good stuff. Can't wait till Joe opens up that front page though. Who's writing the headlines though? I want to see Partial writing personally. That would be fun stuff, if not just tell me to fuck off. LOL.

:tup:

Freak Out
07-31-2009, 01:56 AM
:)

gex
07-31-2009, 01:22 PM

Snake got a coupla of recent Tweets from those guys...Here goes:
__________________________________________________ ___

-CPK is on the Playstation forum hating on the 360 at ps3.com.

"Microsoft sucks ass. They just take all our money. Fuck Bill Gates..he's the fucking devil and the reason Vista sucks. You fucking fake ass Xbot trolls! Fuck Ballmer too. We would have figured out that Internet shit eventually. What's an Apple? Apple's fail."

-JH is on the Packer Apparel board at packerthreads.com.

"I used to get Packer tees for free at family scrimmages. To the death, I'll fuck up anyone under the age of 12 in a death match for their t-shirt, bitches. I'll fuck you up!"

-Paco is on deannaisbrett.com.

"I bet Brett makes you go A2M, and that is why you always look so pissed off Deanna....you fucking bitch. Way to make Brett all weak looking lately. Bitch."

-Sheepshead is on jsoonlineisalive.com.

"You might not know Tarlam! but that guy is a German. They lost wars. Fuck that guy. I know most everyone likes him, but FUCK THAT GUY. He dissed me 5 years ago."

-Partial is on manboobs.com.

"Check out my latest pic. I did the math and have been eating nothing but rice cakes and McDonald's. Doing dumbbell curls. Look at my chest. Sexay? You likey?"

:five: LOL. Snake is just fucking around. Much peace to those departed and soon to be revived as PR is nothing if not for the personalities. I miss everyone but CPK.

Snake's been on 5 NFL forums, but loves this one the most, cuz we can state an opinion and joke around (and swearing at times is fun)....I was just joking, but this is why I (us all) keep coming back. Good stuff. Can't wait till Joe opens up that front page though. Who's writing the headlines though? I want to see Partial writing personally. That would be fun stuff, if not just tell me to fuck off. LOL.

:tup:

Haha, nice impersonations there Snake, altough I thought the one by cpk was real. I like reading Partials stuff also( as much as I dont agree/believe most of it) I miss Bigguns posts as well (when he wasn't just trying to get under someones skin) He could really prove/disprove a point. Did Tex get banned also, or did he just decide to terrorize some other board. 8-)

Gunakor
08-01-2009, 05:36 AM
Did Tex get banned also, or did he just decide to terrorize some other board. 8-)

Tex got really weird before he disappeared, saying he was "burnt out" by the politico discussion in FYI. I hope he's okay, because it's very unlike Tex to be too burnt out for a good political debate.

SnakeLH2006
08-02-2009, 02:33 AM
Haha, nice impersonations there Snake, altough I thought the one by cpk was real. I like reading Partials stuff also( as much as I dont agree/believe most of it) I miss Bigguns posts as well (when he wasn't just trying to get under someones skin). Did Tex get banned also, or did he just decide to terrorize some other board. 8-)

Yeah, it's good stuff...Snake was just messing around.

Looks like Partial is back...just saw him sign on minutes ago, and made a welcome back thread in the Romper Room.

Where is Tex? He kinda disappeared into the night...