PDA

View Full Version : Driver is earning satans salary (on average)

CaptainKickass
07-27-2009, 11:32 AM
From here:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/51639017.html

They cite that Driver's salary = $6.66 million per year.

:evil: :twisted:

I know a guy in Ohio who's phone number prefix (the 3 digits after the area code) is 666. His mom is such a religious nut that she refuses to call him on his home phone number due to the fact that it's associated with satan.

.http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o104/ninjacellprime/Iron_Maiden_The_Number_Of_The_Beast.jpg

Scott Campbell
07-27-2009, 11:49 AM
I know a guy in Ohio who's phone number prefix (the 3 digits after the area code) is 666. His mom is such a religious nut that she refuses to call him on his home phone number due to the fact that it's associated with satan.

Is that why he moved there?

sharpe1027
07-27-2009, 01:19 PM

Where is this magical place and does it work equally well for bill collectors, telemarketers and in-laws?

CaptainKickass
07-27-2009, 01:33 PM

Where is this magical place and does it work equally well for bill collectors, telemarketers and in-laws?

Looks like the 419 area code - which includes Toledo (Holy Toledo Batman!)

http://www.nanpa.com/area_code_maps/usmaps/oh.gif

Here's one example I found - Maybe Waldo should use this as a new avatar?

Either way - check out their fax #:

http://www.infohio.com/images/WaldoLogo.gif

Waldo & Associates, Inc.
28214 Glenwood Rd.
Perrysberg, OH 43551
PH: (800) 468-4011
Fax: 419-666-2079

KYPack
07-27-2009, 01:35 PM
Really CKA?

The USPS and telephone company usually don't use 3 6's or any form thereof.

It's like hotels don't have 13th floors. Too many superstitious people that will avoid those numbers at all costs.

There is no ZIP 66666, fer instance.

KYPack
07-27-2009, 01:36 PM
Toledo?

Well, that makes sense.

Hell is a local call in Toledo.

CaptainKickass
07-27-2009, 01:50 PM
Really CKA?

The USPS and telephone company usually don't use 3 6's or any form thereof.

It's like hotels don't have 13th floors. Too many superstitious people that will avoid those numbers at all costs.

There is no ZIP 66666, fer instance.

Phone numbers are WAY different than any other US numbering convention such as the numbers on a football jersey (veiled attempt to keep football in the thread) or zip codes etc etc. The only unused prefix is 555.

Hollywood/TV use 555 all the time because it doesn't rightly exist with one exception, and that's if it's prefaced by a toll free NPA such as 800, 866, or 877.

In fact - the advents of faxing, pagers and cell phones as well as other technological anomaly's such as dial up internet have stressed the telephone numbering system to such an extent that there are plans in the works to overhaul the system by adding additional numbers to the current scheme. In other words - your phone number is gonna get bigger at some point. Probably in your lifetime.

It goes largely unnoticed by the general population but there have been numerous area code "splits" or "overlays" in the last 10-ish years. Just like the NFL has been trying to expand in the US as well as abroad. (not to be confused with "a broad", although I do enjoy the broads)

Some of y'all in WI would probably recall when portions of the 414 area code were re-numbered with the area code 262. This has happened across the US frequently as our ability to consume phone numbers outgrows our ability to produce them.

Anyone remember when the only toll free number was 1-800 -xxx-xxxx??

Then came 1-877-xxx-xxxx, along with 1-866-xxx-xxxx.

1-855-xxx-xxxx was supposed to be in that same release but got held out. It should be the next "type" of toll free number released as we consume the rest in time.

So - uh, yeah KY. Really. :D

KYPack
07-27-2009, 02:01 PM
Ya kicked my ass on that one, Captain.

A guy that worked at the phone company told mehat one quite a few years ago.

It had to be true. He was Brett Favre's cousin's uncle's neighbor.

Patler
07-27-2009, 02:14 PM
A number convention that has been discussed for at least 20 years would use suffixes. Many places in Europe do this. Your main number would be the 10 digit number. Every fax number is simply two more digits, "30" for example. So all 12 digit numbers ending in "30" are a fax machines, for example, "20" could be a secondary line, etc.

The nice thing about that is that rather than having to know a long list of different 10 digit numbers for a land line, fax, cell phone, secondary line etc.; you would have just one 10 digit number and a series of two digit suffixes.

retailguy
07-27-2009, 02:22 PM
He was Brett Favre's cousin's uncle's neighbor.

Hey. I know that guy. :shock:

He was always a blowhard, thinking he was "all connected" and such. :lol:

CaptainKickass
07-27-2009, 02:31 PM
A number convention that has been discussed for at least 20 years would use suffixes. Many places in Europe do this. Your main number would be the 10 digit number. Every fax number is simply two more digits, "30" for example. So all 12 digit numbers ending in "30" are a fax machines, for example, "20" could be a secondary line, etc.

The nice thing about that is that rather than having to know a long list of different 10 digit numbers for a land line, fax, cell phone, secondary line etc.; you would have just one 10 digit number and a series of two digit suffixes.

Patler is "spot on" as usual.

The discussion I liked the best was one where they divide the country (USA) into halves, and then regions. This most closely resembles the way the NFL has itself divided into the AFC and NFC, and then north, south east and west. (Ironic and amazing that I can keep relating this crap to football - must be my obsessive personality traits revealing yet another hidden talent)

Basically they take Patlers concept above and instead of adding a digits to the end of a 10 digit phone number, they would add digits to the front of the number to designate if you are a Packer fan or if you're just some looser who has to root for the Vikings.

:twisted:

CaptainKickass
07-27-2009, 02:46 PM
Ya kicked my ass on that one, Captain.

It's my thing. It's what I do.

:D

SnakeLH2006
07-29-2009, 02:54 AM
Waldo has his own professional logos now?

CaptainKickass
07-30-2009, 11:51 AM
Waldo has his own professional logos now?

I would think that he has several.

A guy with that kind of attention to detail should branch out into several industries and really create a "brand" for himself.

Kinda like that whole "stamp" deal when someone gets "Patlerized".

That's some serious brand recognition man.

:D