PDA

View Full Version : Schedule being released at 1 pm today

GBRulz
04-06-2006, 09:43 AM
I was just reading an article in today's Press Gazette about how all the area hotels are adjusting their staff in anticipation of todays Packer schedule being released. Once that happens, the phones will be slammed.

Also, for those that live in Brown County and are in the lottery ticket drawing, invoices are being mailed out this week if you were chosen for tickets. Ok, now this is one bill that I WANT to see in my mailbox :)

hurleyfan
04-06-2006, 09:45 AM
With the Packers poor record last year, and Favre's indecision, I'll bet they don't get too many "primetime" games...

GBRulz
04-06-2006, 09:52 AM
I agree with that, Hurley. However, if Favre had announced his decision already on whether or not he was coming back, I think that would have helped our chances of at least getting a game or two in the national spotlight. Granted that is, he says he's coming back.

The NFL can change any of the last 6 games to a Sunday Night game now with only two weeks notice. They are trying to show as many "important" games as possible in the end to beef up rankings I guess.

IMO, I don't agree with that - it really causes problems for people attending the games, especially those traveling from out of town.

Rastak
04-06-2006, 09:57 AM
I agree with that, Hurley. However, if Favre had announced his decision already on whether or not he was coming back, I think that would have helped our chances of at least getting a game or two in the national spotlight. Granted that is, he says he's coming back.

The NFL can change any of the last 6 games to a Sunday Night game now with only two weeks notice. They are trying to show as many "important" games as possible in the end to beef up rankings I guess.

IMO, I don't agree with that - it really causes problems for people attending the games, especially those traveling from out of town.

That brings up something I was wondering about. Where are the majority of season ticket holders from? The area around Green Bay or are they from all over the place in Wisconsin? Are the roads from Madison and Milwaukee jammed on gameday?

hurleyfan
04-06-2006, 09:59 AM
Yes Michele, I imagine the last minute re-sched's could cause some problems with ticket holders, especially the Milwaukee folks.

FavreChild
04-06-2006, 10:19 AM
Rastak, there are two major highways that connect Milwaukee to Green Bay (I43 and 41). They basically run parallel to each other, so there's not much difference other than where you want to enter the freeway. And, for the Milwaukee game days, traffic is heavy on both. Just pick one and hope for no accidents. (Also, the state troopers are out in full force on any gameday, which tends to cause minor traffic jams.)

Rastak, there is really no "road" from Madison to Green Bay, but also the concentration of ticket holders from that area is pretty light. Any traffic problems usually occur whenever it is that you get on Hwy 41 (probably in either Oshkosh or Appleton).

When you get to Green Bay, the traffic is really, really heavy with people trying to exit at Lombardi Ave. Somehow people haven't figured out that there are four other exits that will take you right to the stadium.

This concludes your lesson in gameday driving strategy.

GBRulz
04-06-2006, 10:23 AM
Well, that depends, Rastak. We have Milwaukee ticket holders and Green Bay ticket holders. Milw gets a preseason game and the 1st and 5th home game of the season, so for those 3 games, most are coming up from Milwaukee. I don't particulary think the roads are jammed with traffic, until you hit GB that is!

Hard to say where most of the GB season ticket holders are from because a good chunk of those don't even attend the games, but just resell them to ticket brokers or put on eBay. Ok, that's a sore subject with me, so I won't even go there... :)

GBRulz
04-06-2006, 10:31 AM
It would take me less time to walk to the stadium than drive in traffic to get there. too much stuff to carry though !!

MJZiggy
04-06-2006, 10:37 AM
1 pm Eastern or Central time?

FavreChild
04-06-2006, 10:48 AM
2 ET/1 CT.

MJZiggy
04-06-2006, 10:54 AM
Thanks. Did you see the gift I left for you in the Brewers room?

ecwiscott
04-06-2006, 12:39 PM
The Packers open up the season hosting the Bears at 3:15 and the Packers play 2 Monday night games........at Philadelphia and at Seattle. (yuck)

Did you see the schedule Michele? The Packers do play a Thursday night game on the NFL network DEC 21st against the Vikings.

imscott72
04-06-2006, 12:45 PM
The Packers open up the season hosting the Bears at 3:15 and the Packers play 2 Monday night games........at Philadelphia and at Seattle. (yuck)

Did you see the schedule Michele? The Packers do play a Thursday night game on the NFL network DEC 21st against the Vikings.

Do you have a link to it?

Rastak
04-06-2006, 12:46 PM

Where is the full league schedule posted?

beakerman
04-06-2006, 12:58 PM
this was on packers.com - full schedule wasn't posted yet

Packers' 2006 Slate Features Three Prime-Time Games, 11 Noon Kickoffs

posted 04/06/2006

The Packers' complete 2006 schedule won't be known until 1 p.m. CT Thursday. But, in anticipation of that, packers.com has learned some advance details.

To highlight several important items about the Packers' 2006 schedule in advance of its full release, Green Bay begins the season with three of its first five games at home. The Packers then have their open date in Week 6, which is the earliest it has been for the team since 1999, when it fell in Week 4. After the bye, three of the next four games are on the road. Green Bay later closes out the season with three straight division games, allowing ample opportunity to affect the team's standing within the NFC North in the final month.

There is one bit of good news in this year's schedule for area churches. After playing amidst the Christmas holiday the past two seasons -- Friday, Dec. 24, 2004, at Minnesota and Sunday, Dec. 25, 2005, vs. Chicago -- Green Bay gets its Christmas Week game out of the early this year by facing the Vikings on Dec. 21. The Packers then do not play until 10 days later, assuredly allowing team members to spend the holiday with their families. Most NFL teams will be playing on Dec. 24 in Week 16 of the '06 season. The Dec. 21 Vikings contest will be Green Bay's first-ever appearance on the NFL Network.

Now known is that the Packers will play three prime-time road games, two on ESPN's 'Monday Night Football.' Green Bay travels to Philadelphia for a MNF contest in the season's first month, and later in the year plays at Seattle on a Monday night. Six of Green Bay's eight regular-season home games start at 12 noon CT, and there are 11 total "early" kickoffs over the course of the 16-game season.

For the first time since 2003, Green Bay will open the season at home. Fittingly, in Mike McCarthy's first game as the team's head coach, the Packers square off with long-time rival Chicago. The Packers will have an immediate opportunity to see how they match up against the defending NFC North champions in a 3:15 p.m. game that will be part of the second half of a Fox Sports doubleheader.

Come back to packers.com later today for the full schedule, including a printable version.

CyclonePackFan
04-06-2006, 01:01 PM
The 2006 Green Bay Schedule:

Sun., Sept. 10 Chicago Bears 3:15 p.m. FOX
Sun., Sept. 17 New Orleans Saints (GP) 12 noon FOX
Sun., Sept. 24 @ Detroit Lions 12 noon FOX
Mon., Oct. 2 @ Philadelphia Eagles 7:30 p.m. ESPN
Sun., Oct. 8 St. Louis Rams 12 noon FOX
Sun., Oct. 15 Open Date
Sun., Oct. 22 @ Miami Dolphins 12 noon FOX
Sun., Oct. 29 Arizona Cardinals 12 noon FOX
Sun., Nov. 5 @ Buffalo Bills 12 noon FOX
Sun., Nov. 12 @ Minnesota Vikings *12 noon FOX
Sun., Nov. 19 New England Patriots (GP) *12 noon CBS
Mon., Nov. 27 @ Seattle Seahawks 7:30 p.m. ESPN
Sun., Dec. 3 New York Jets *12 noon CBS
Sun., Dec. 10 @ San Francisco 49ers *3:05 p.m. FOX
Sun., Dec. 17 Detroit Lions *12 noon FOX
Thurs., Dec. 21 Minnesota Vikings 7:00 p.m. NFLN
Sun., Dec. 31 @ Chicago Bears *12 noon FOX

imscott72
04-06-2006, 01:04 PM
I like the fact that the Lions and Vikings are at Lambeau in December..

CyclonePackFan
04-06-2006, 01:10 PM

I'll agree with that. November looks like fun, three road games against the Bills (Nall's revenge) the Vikings (Rastak, do you know when they're projecting Viking Stadium to be built? I saw it recently got through a senate committee), and the defending NFC champion Seahawks in what could be Holmgren's last year. To top it all off, we get a good cold-weather team in the Pats for the only home game.

Rastak
04-06-2006, 01:11 PM

I'll agree with that. November looks like fun, three road games against the Bills (Nall's revenge) the Vikings (Rastak, do you know when they're projecting Viking Stadium to be built? I saw it recently got through a senate committee), and the defending NFC champion Seahawks in what could be Holmgren's last year. To top it all off, we get a good cold-weather team in the Pats for the only home game.

2 or 3 years I bet.

CyclonePackFan
04-06-2006, 01:18 PM

2 or 3 years I bet.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing a game in that place. I used to go to the Packer/Viking games in the dome every year when I was a kid but stopped because we didn't like the Metrodome (and it probably had something to do with the fact that we never won there...something like that) I really hope they don't wuss out and use that retractable roof in the winter, I think I remember Wilf saying he wanted an open-air stadium because of the cold.

Rastak
04-06-2006, 01:29 PM

2 or 3 years I bet.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing a game in that place. I used to go to the Packer/Viking games in the dome every year when I was a kid but stopped because we didn't like the Metrodome (and it probably had something to do with the fact that we never won there...something like that) I really hope they don't wuss out and use that retractable roof in the winter, I think I remember Wilf saying he wanted an open-air stadium because of the cold.

There is something to be said for a cold beer and a warm seat. I went to one game in the 70's at the old Met and froze my arse off. Not fun.

BooHoo
04-06-2006, 01:34 PM
Good, we can get revenge over the bears during the first week.

pack = 24
bears = 17

Chubbyhubby
04-06-2006, 02:02 PM
Being a Packer fan from IL due to marrying my wife who happens to live in IL. I was born and raised in Wisconsin I really like the fact we play the dBears the first week and end the regular season with them on New Years Eve playing in IL. I might be able to go see my beloved Packers for the time!

oregonpackfan
04-06-2006, 02:06 PM
Here in the Pacific Northwest, there are a lot of Packer fans who will be traveling to Seattle to see the Packers play the Sea Urchins on MNF, November 27th. I plan to be one of them!

Oregonpackfan

CyclonePackFan
04-06-2006, 02:26 PM

2 or 3 years I bet.

There is something to be said for a cold beer and a warm seat. I went to one game in the 70's at the old Met and froze my arse off. Not fun.

One of my favorite football memories was from 1997?, when Dallas had to come to Green Bay for the first time after us going to Texas for 6 years or so. Right before the game:

Announcer: Ladies and Gentlemen, the kickoff temperature is -4 degrees
*Croud roars*
Announcer: With a wind chill of -20 degrees
*Croud goes absolutely nuts*

Personally, I'd take the cold weather advantage. Then again, I do love cold weather and make no claims on sanity. I went to the Monday Night GB-Minn game last year in short sleeves and I always hit up the last ISU home game wearing shorts and nothing but bodypaint above the waist, which two years ago involved snow and being so cold that the snow stopped melting on my body, while this year for the Colorado game I had the pleasure of walking around outside as a tornado touched down just north of town about an hour before kickoff...heh heh, 'Cyclone Warning'

FavreChild
04-06-2006, 04:11 PM
Wow, check out the strength of schedule for the NFC North:

Bears - 32 (easiest)
Packers - 31
Vikings - 30
Lions - 26

Giants, Bengals, Saints (?), Bucs and Steelers have the five toughest schedules, in that order.

(Not that this means absolutely anything...)

FavreChild
04-06-2006, 04:13 PM
Of course the ESPN hype machine has already been launched for the Dallas @ Philly game.

About time, too - we haven't heard anything on TO in, what, a week?

BooHoo
04-06-2006, 05:09 PM
Of course the ESPN hype machine has already been launched for the Dallas @ Philly game.

About time, too - we haven't heard anything on TO in, what, a week?

TO is a cancer. He can not help himself but shoot his mouth off. :lol:

falco
04-06-2006, 05:30 PM
Sucks for people without NFL network...

ecwiscott
04-06-2006, 06:48 PM
the Packers vs Vikings game at Lambeau will also be televised by a statewide network of TV stations in addition to the NFL network so no need to get your boxer shorts in a bundle......everyone will get to see it.

GBRulz
04-06-2006, 08:23 PM

That is the first time I've ever heard of a game being broadcast exclusively on NFLN.

What next? PPV football??

imscott72
04-06-2006, 08:32 PM

That is the first time I've ever heard of a game being broadcast exclusively on NFLN.

Thats already here. What do you think the Sunday ticket is?

K-town
04-06-2006, 08:42 PM

This is what I was complaining about earlier (maybe back at C-E).
There will be 8 games broadcast exclusively on the NFL Network, mostly "special" games, like the third Thanksgiving game, the Packers-Vikings game, etc. My thought is that this exclusivity is similar to the PPV mentality which all but killed boxing.

Also, I live in a condo where the condo board won't allow satellite dishes on the roof. So I'm kinda screwed. Fortunately, I've got a couple of friends who have the dish.

Still and all, me no likey.

HarveyWallbangers
04-06-2006, 08:45 PM
I have DirectTv and the NFL Network, so I'm liking this arrangement.

K-town
04-06-2006, 08:49 PM
I have DirectTv and the NFL Network, so I'm liking this arrangement.

But, but, but...what about ME?

Yes, I would like cheese with my whine.

MJZiggy
04-06-2006, 09:03 PM
Well, if you didn't live 964 miles away, I'd say you could watch the game at my place...

GBRulz
04-07-2006, 01:01 AM

Thats already here. What do you think the Sunday ticket is?

That's not really the same thing, Scott. The majority of Sunday Ticket subcribers CHOOSE to pay for it because they don't live close enough in the regional broadcast area to watch their favorite teams. Where in reality that game is already being televised on free channels, such as FOX, CBS, etc.

What I meant by PPV football is basically having to pay for it to watch it period. ya know, sorta like all those WWE events you see on PPV!

I can see it now "order your Monday Night Football package for $29.99 to see the Queens come to Lambeau Field" (as your only option to watch the game at all)

GBRulz
04-07-2006, 01:07 AM
KTown, there is a law that places have to allow satellite TV to their tenants. They can prohibit dishes on the roof, yes, but they must have another place (a railing perhaps) of where people can mount the dish. but if you don't have a southern view to the sky from your railing, then yes, you are basically screwed. That happened to a friend of mine.

I might be wrong with how condos and all their covenants in place, etc. but if that is the law for renters, I don't see how condo owners/renters would be any different. Might be something worth checking into.

K-town
04-08-2006, 02:52 AM
KTown, there is a law that places have to allow satellite TV to their tenants. They can prohibit dishes on the roof, yes, but they must have another place (a railing perhaps) of where people can mount the dish. but if you don't have a southern view to the sky from your railing, then yes, you are basically screwed. That happened to a friend of mine.

I might be wrong with how condos and all their covenants in place, etc. but if that is the law for renters, I don't see how condo owners/renters would be any different. Might be something worth checking into.
Thanks.. I will check into it.

BooHoo
04-08-2006, 11:48 AM
Maybe I am way off base but all pack games should be televised nationally each and every week. Then all of us none Wisconsin folks can watch our favorite team for free. It should be our right!!!!

CyclonePackFan
04-08-2006, 03:10 PM
You know, it just occurred to me how much this sucks. Last year I was always able to mock my parents since they were in Wisconsin and couldn't get the Packer game and I was in Iowa and I got it since it was usually one of the national games...

Not any more....

At least now I can go to a bar and watch it.

Fritz
04-08-2006, 04:51 PM
Living in the Detroit area sucks that way. You get stuck watching the Lions and having to listen to the Pack on the internet. It's aggravating without the pictures, because those damn announcers just gasp and yell and don't tell you what the hell is going on. Here's one of the worst lines an announcer can give: "I don't believe it!" Uh, you don't believe what? What happened, buddy?

GBRulz
04-09-2006, 09:38 AM
Maybe I am way off base but all pack games should be televised nationally each and every week. Then all of us none Wisconsin folks can watch our favorite team for free. It should be our right!!!!

Good call, but do you realize how much money Direct TV would lose on Sunday Ticket subscribtions?? Seriously, I know tons of people that only have Direct TV because they need Sunday Ticket to watch the Packer games.