PDA

View Full Version : PLAXICO BURRESS...

MOBB DEEP
07-28-2009, 02:44 PM
he may do major time for shooting himself??!

not playing race card scott campbell but only in ameriKKKa...

he he

i know what he did is a major no-no in NY so he WILL do time

the question is whether what he did means he SHOULD go to prison

OPINIONS

stallworth got 24 days for killing some1!!! plax hurt only himself

Zool
07-28-2009, 02:50 PM
As I understand it, the law in NY is very specific about carrying a concealed weapon. 3 years no exceptions.

Scott Campbell
07-28-2009, 02:51 PM
plax hurt only himself

Maybe not. They're looking at charging the Giant player he got to hide his gun too. Antonio Pearce?

mraynrand
07-28-2009, 02:52 PM

he he

OPINIONS

Why do you write like this?

Scott Campbell
07-28-2009, 02:54 PM
I voted for over a year. But I'd be fine if they let him plea bargain to less than a year. That law exists for a good reason.

pbmax
07-28-2009, 02:58 PM
I don't think its three years jail, no exceptions. The plea deals Plax rejected were for a year of jail, then probation or supervision of some sort.

Zool
07-28-2009, 03:14 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2009/03/31/2009-03-31_giants_wr_plaxico_burress_gun_possession.html

Burress faces two counts of criminal possession of a weapon - each carrying a mandatory 3-1/2 years in prison. He has pleaded not guilty, and remains free on $100,000 bail.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2009/03/31/2009-03-31_giants_wr_plaxico_burress_gun_possession.html#i xzz0MaQsvvP1

hoosier
07-28-2009, 03:45 PM

Except he won't be going to jail for shooting himself but for the concealed weapon. So the comparison with Stallworth's manslaughter is deceptive. Three and half years, or seven years, or whatever he'll be facing minus whatever reductions he's likely to get...It does sound like a lot of time for carrying a concealed gun. I don't know when this law was written but I'd be willing to bet it was conceived in reaction to the high crime rates in NYC pre-Giuiliani. So Plax has all those other mayors from Ed Koch to Dinkins to blame for his predicament. :lol:

SkinBasket
07-28-2009, 04:00 PM
It does sound like a lot of time for carrying a concealed gun.

Not really given the location. Just another dumbass perpetuating the same attitudes he's claiming to be protecting himself against by carrying the weapon. Maybe Plaxico should have considered going to a different club if he felt his life and/or property was so much danger.

Freak Out
07-28-2009, 04:00 PM
I'm a guns rights advocate and I believe he should serve whatever sentence a judge gives him. :)

He broke the law of NY and the rule of the gun.

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/zardoz.jpg

Zardoz demands justice!

mraynrand
07-28-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm a guns rights advocate and I believe he should serve whatever sentence a judge gives him. :)

Zardoz demands justice!

Onepiece, no justice

http://maycph.files.wordpress.com/2006/11/borat-neon-green-swimsuit08.jpg

hurleyfan
07-28-2009, 05:28 PM
not playing race card ??only in ameriKKKa...

WTF mobb?

"baiter"

AV David
07-28-2009, 05:54 PM
There is a mandatory 3 year minimum sentence if he is convicted of the crime charged. If he agrees to do 2 years, they amend the charge to something less upon the condition he is sentenced to the lesser time, even if there is no mandatory sentence on the amended (reduced) charge.

Rastak
07-28-2009, 06:26 PM
This is kind of a weird poll. He should get what the law says. Period.

He can't possibly be more guilty.

The facts of the case aren't even in dispute. Why would he agree to testify before the grand jury? Because he will be found guilty if he goes to trial so this is a deperate move.

At least in the Stallworth case we could wait to hear the facts. In the end, a video was produced showing poor Mr. Reyes running in front of Stallworth's car trying to catch a bus.

Burress has no possible excuse......"Hey, I didn't realize the gun was still in my sweatpants when I left for the club". Maybe a coat pocket, but a jury will laugh their ass off if he tries that with sweat pants.

hurleyfan
07-28-2009, 06:41 PM
Burress has no possible excuse......"Hey, I didn't realize the gun was still in my sweatpants when I left for the club". Maybe a coat pocket, but a jury will laugh their ass off if he tries that with sweat pants.

Consider the source.. this guy has been "trouble" since college..

A sad story to say the least :cry:

Gunakor
07-28-2009, 09:19 PM

he he

OPINIONS

The law is what it is. Whether you agree with the law or not is completely irrelevant, what is relevant is that the law was broken. You don't get to pick and choose which laws make sense, which don't, and which you must obey. You must obey the law in all cases whether you agree with the law or not. So in answer to the question of whether he should or should not go to prison for what he did, I say absolutely YES he should go to prison. After all, he broke the law. There's really no more to say.

MOBB DEEP
07-28-2009, 10:11 PM

he he

OPINIONS

Why do you write like this?

lol, makes it easier to read i thought

MOBB DEEP
07-28-2009, 10:17 PM
Maybe Plaxico should have considered going to a different club if he felt his life and/or property was so much danger.

bingo; i always say that if its THAT serious i wouldnt even go

being a millionaire means u can do SO many things other than clubing or strip clubs. travel to africa with fam or maui with fiance'. or even throw private parties in comfort of your crib

MOBB DEEP
07-28-2009, 10:25 PM
not playing race card ??only in ameriKKKa...

WTF mobb?

"baiter"

i was joking with scott campbell

MOBB DEEP
07-28-2009, 10:31 PM

he he

OPINIONS

The law is what it is. Whether you agree with the law or not is completely irrelevant, what is relevant is that the law was broken. You don't get to pick and choose which laws make sense, which don't, and which you must obey. You must obey the law in all cases whether you agree with the law or not. So in answer to the question of whether he should or should not go to prison for what he did, I say absolutely YES he should go to prison. After all, he broke the law. There's really no more to say.

Gun, you must be a PERFECT citizen

or you are a staunch believer in accountability and reality therapy, from now on your name is william glasser

SnakeLH2006
07-29-2009, 01:48 AM
You cannot hurt a Black Superman (Plax's video):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT8q9SMYjlw

Untouchable gangsta??.......

Ok...lock him up for few months....he's not Above the Law.

That gangsta shit was maybe an oversight on his (Plax's) part, but so what? Serve yo time playa. The NFL is all about 2nd chances for talent.

BTW....here's the latest on his gun arrest/charges...pretty damn interesting stuff I must say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmxY6RhM72E

MichiganPackerFan
07-29-2009, 07:50 AM
Race doesn't matter here and it shouldn't. He deserves something for being an idiot. He's lucky he didn't bestow a Darwin Award upon himself.

Patler
07-29-2009, 08:13 AM
He's lucky he didn't bestow a Darwin Award upon himself.

I think he merits an Honorable Mention as it is!

MOBB DEEP
08-04-2009, 09:32 AM
poor plax..... :cry:

he may never play in nfl again for harming HIMSELF!

Patler
08-04-2009, 10:00 AM

Not for harming himself, for illegally carrying a loaded gun. He isn't being charged for shooting himself. He was discovered because he shot himself, but the crime is for carrying the gun.

Besides, he's lucky that he shot only himself and not someone else, since he doesn't seem to know how to handle the weapon in the first place. His situation is somewhat similar to the drunk driver who is lucky enough not to hit someone else and kill them, but is discovered and charged only because he "harmed himself" getting in a one car accident. Charged for harming himself? No. Charged for drunk driving as a result of being discovered because he harmed himself? Yes. The same for Burress.

Scott Campbell
08-04-2009, 10:26 AM

Why do you always have to get behind the black thugs, and paint them as "victims"? Aren't there some role models more deserving of that sort of respect?

pbmax
08-04-2009, 12:43 PM
I think Plaxico could be a moron or deadbeat (he has been sued for non-payment of bills in several instances). Not thug so much. Neither he nor his party were threatening anyone else, except through stupidity.

MOBB DEEP
08-04-2009, 10:16 PM
consider this: his gun WAS registered in florida so he wasnt completely delinquent

its hard for me to imagine he actually considered what he was doing was SO criminal (i.e., i dont think he knew about the stringent gun control laws in NY which are pretty much the toughest in the nation)

so its not stupidity as much as it is ignorance; ignorance to the fact that he was a felon AS SOON as he crossed over from jersey to manhattan

personally, i wouldnt go ANY WHERE where i feel i need a weapon if i were in his position (kobe doesnt, neither does tigger or king james, KG and the like)

and pb is right SC, very few of these guys are truly "thugs" so shut up with ur assumptions; i just dont agree that the hard core law was put in place for situations like plax's....cats in flatbush and queens were the target back in the day, not guys like plax darnit

i know ALOT of white america cant wait to persecute the same guys whose highlights they watched the day before, bamas should stick to nascar if they cant stomach bruthas with shortcomings geting paid or realize pro sports is nuthn but a microcosm of country (fallable ppl in EVERY walk of life)

my support of both plax and vick da great is a result of my forgiving spirit and my cursory knowledge of their pain and lack of role model from adolescence - i AM atherapist for crying out loud so i can express empathy while others hate because of self loathing

i hav empathy for matt jones too so shut up SC

ive been called by many the "champion of the underdog" which isnt the worse legacy one can leave

Scott Campbell
08-04-2009, 10:44 PM
consider this: his gun WAS registered in florida so he wasnt completely delinquent

its hard for me to imagine he actually considered what he was doing was SO criminal (i.e., i dont think he knew about the stringent gun control laws in NY which are pretty much the toughest in the nation)

so its not stupidity as much as it is ignorance; ignorance to the fact that he was a felon AS SOON as he crossed over from jersey to manhattan

personally, i wouldnt go ANY WHERE where i feel i need a weapon if i were in his position (kobe doesnt, neither does tigger or king james, KG and the like)

and pb is right SC, very few of these guys are truly "thugs" so shut up with ur assumptions; i just dont agree that the hard core law was put in place for situations like plax's....cats in flatbush and queens were the target back in the day, not guys like plax darnit

i know ALOT of white america cant wait to persecute the same guys whose highlights they watched the day before, bamas should stick to nascar if they cant stomach bruthas with shortcomings geting paid or realize pro sports is nuthn but a microcosm of country (fallable ppl in EVERY walk of life)

my support of both plax and vick da great is a result of my forgiving spirit and my cursory knowledge of their pain and lack of role model from adolescence - i AM atherapist for crying out loud so i can express empathy while others hate because of self loathing

ive been called by many the "champion of the underdog" which isnt the worse legacy one can leave

Not that I care what color his is, but why not get behind a class act like Driver that is a positive role model, and hasn't shot himself in the leg or killed a bunch of Harlan's cousins in some twisted blood sport? I can't get behind Matt Jones. For one thing - he sucks.

pbmax
08-04-2009, 11:01 PM
Plax was wrong on three points with the gun. New York we know about. While probably not a felony, he would also be violating the law in Jersey. But the permit that he supposedly had from Florida expired in May 2008. It wasn't a valid permit in NY regardless, but it wasn't valid in Florida at the time either.

MOBB DEEP
08-05-2009, 06:47 AM

Not that I care what color his is, but why not get behind a class act like Driver that is a positive role model, and hasn't shot himself in the leg or killed a bunch of Harlan's cousins in some twisted blood sport? I can't get behind Matt Jones. For one thing - he sucks.

what do you mean by "get behind?"

EVERYONE loves driver (except rogue cops) and the walter payton-types, me included

just b/c i believe in forgiveness (the bible says we should forgive folk 7 x 70 times) and am interested in ppl's pysche in conjunction with their behavior doesnt mean i "get behind" their foolishness or excuse it; i wish we could all be like tony dungy (i "get behind him" by buying all of his books) but as long as we're in this world ther will be calamity

i dont just look at anti-social behaviors and name the individual stupid or a "thug." thats too simplistic; if possible i to want to explore possible unresolved issues and tacit influences...imho, its important to know an individual's story before we make an assessment. of course no one has the time to dissect every pro athlete so its more convient to label and move on...

know that im not anti-white, jus pro-black ala jim brown

PB i didnt know registration was expired in florida..thnx for info

what would posses him to have unregistered gun anyway? is it hard to get one registered or sumthn? i guess the one's a few of my clients (closer to real "thugs" than these corny pro athletes btw) have gotten caught with arent registered? - he he...if DC law was like NY's cats would be going down like 90 going north

FREE PLAX.....he's no corner boy from the hood menacing society

Spaulding
08-05-2009, 07:42 AM
What I don't understand is a plea of some nature being agreeable to both th prosecutor and Plax. Basically we have you by the balls by your own admission prior, we'll give you a reduced sentence (30 days?) along with three year probation and a huge fine (500K) that will be used to promote gun education or used by police to get automatic weapons off the streets in the NYC area.

Some will disagree with the rich buying their way out but I guess I see it as a win/win situation. Plax would be on probation and another violation would result in the book getting thrown at him. He didn't harm anybody (outside of himself) and although not the brightest bulb at the stadium, he doesn't have a prior thug like history.

I don't see him serving three years doing anything positive other than following a law which punishes him longer than some manslaughter culprits, thieves, and/or rapists.

Wish the same logic could be used with Vick to some extent. Fine him a large sum of money and/or if latches on an NFL team again, garnish his wages to help pay for some humane society shelters. Maybe from his past transgressions some good (i.e. saving other animals) can come from it.

Pugger
08-05-2009, 10:37 AM

Zardoz demands justice!

Ewww! I just lost my appetite! :lol: :lol:

MOBB DEEP
08-21-2009, 07:54 AM
in a word, SCREWED

career could be over for a stupid move that harmed no one but self. i agree with roger cossack who said, "prison is for bad ppl who do bad things. NOT for ppl who do stupid things"

again, the law wasnt made for cats in his situation (fear of being a target) it was meant for predators (those looking for targets). SPIRIT of the law darnit! as i always contend, disrespect of womanhood (wives and girlfriends) is worse imho than some of the well-publicized transgressions of some of these athletes

i think less than a year and stiff probation AT MOST would have sufficed

dayum

Merlin
08-21-2009, 08:03 AM
The time doesn't fit the crime. I understand carrying a concealed weapon is a serious charge in New York and he should be punished but to what extent? He lost his job and may never get it back. Many states have conceal carry laws so it isn't like he is going against some moral or ethical standard. He embarrassed himself by shooting - himself.

He shot himself, the guy should never be allowed to carry a gun again. If he gets caught again, then throw the book at him. I say suspended sentence, 2 year probation, and leave the guy alone. The NFL should suspend him for a month since manslaughter is only worth 1 year.

MOBB DEEP
08-21-2009, 08:07 AM
The NFL should suspend him for a month since manslaughter is only worth 1 year.

agreed, and i THINK goddell plans to leave it alone after prison term served

MichiganPackerFan
08-21-2009, 08:54 AM
He deserved to pay some time, not for the gun or the interstate, but for being an idiot. Maybe there needs to be a special centralized prison for idiots and their punishment should be having to spend a length of time with eachother.

MOBB DEEP
08-21-2009, 09:29 AM
lol

Pugger
08-21-2009, 02:00 PM
Plax was carrying a loaded concealed weapon without a valid permit. And in NY they throw the book at you. It may seem severe to some but that's the law over there. Maybe this will teach others to use more caution and common sense when it comes to gun use.

SnakeLH2006
08-21-2009, 10:24 PM
So let Snake get this all straight.....Plax gets 2 years in prison on a "generous" plea deal for shooting himself accidentally (while harming no one but himself)... yet Dante Stallworth got 30 days in a local jail for getting wasted (his choice) for killing a man while driving drunk....?? Wow. Just wow.

Snake's Take:

Throw it all out the window...It's subjective shit, but Dante is prob. a better person overall till their "escapades" yet the bottom line is the law wins, eh?

Plax is a moron, has been a deadbeat dad, and borderline thug. Dante is a murderer. His actions were not intentional, nor were Plax's, yet Plax harmed himself...Dante's actions were not an accident, he broke the law by driving drunk and killed some dude (and prob. ruined his family to boot). An accident is an accident...so Dante's actions are preordained with his act to drive wasted. That is not an accident. He was drunk, and caused a loss of a human life. Plax shot himself accidentally. This is just incredible with the bereaucracy of our legal system.

Lesson learned:

Lock up the moron long term in prison. Let the murderer skate with a tap on the wrist. That is FUCKED! Only in America I guess. That is pure BS.

Gunakor
08-22-2009, 01:22 AM
So let Snake get this all straight.....Plax gets 2 years in prison on a "generous" plea deal for shooting himself accidentally (while harming no one but himself)... yet Dante Stallworth got 30 days in a local jail for getting wasted (his choice) for killing a man while driving drunk....?? Wow. Just wow.

Snake's Take:

Throw it all out the window...It's subjective shit, but Dante is prob. a better person overall till their "escapades" yet the bottom line is the law wins, eh?

Plax is a moron, has been a deadbeat dad, and borderline thug. Dante is a murderer. His actions were not intentional, nor were Plax's, yet Plax harmed himself...Dante's actions were not an accident, he broke the law by driving drunk and killed some dude (and prob. ruined his family to boot). An accident is an accident...so Dante's actions are preordained with his act to drive wasted. That is not an accident. He was drunk, and caused a loss of a human life. Plax shot himself accidentally. This is just incredible with the bereaucracy of our legal system.

Lesson learned:

Lock up the moron long term in prison. Let the murderer skate with a tap on the wrist. That is FUCKED! Only in America I guess. That is pure BS.

As was mentioned previously in this thread, Plax is not serving one single day in jail for shooting himself. Not a single one. He is serving time for carrying a concealed weapon in New York City, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't carrying one by accident.

Besides that, there wasn't much else the judge could have done. The law in NYC is very strict about this.

SnakeLH2006
08-22-2009, 01:31 AM

Snake's Take:

Lesson learned:

As was mentioned previously in this thread, Plax is not serving one single day in jail for shooting himself. Not a single one. He is serving time for carrying a concealed weapon in New York City, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't carrying one by accident.

Besides that, there wasn't much else the judge could have done. The law in NYC is very strict about this.

NYC is the justice worldwide: Plax gets 2 years. Dante 30 days.

Thanks. My bad, Gunakor.

JUSTICE FUCKING SERVED and America is not BLIND cuz NYC said so.... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Gunakor
08-22-2009, 01:49 AM

Snake's Take:

Lesson learned:

NYC is the justice worldwide: Plax gets 2 years. Dante 30 days.

Thanks. My bad, Gunakor.

JUSTICE FUCKING SERVED cuz NYC said so.... :oops: :oops: :oops:

It doesn't matter Snake, that's all I'm saying. The law is what it is where it is. If you break it, you're responsible. And you get whatever sentence is appropriate where the crime was committed. The law and sentencing is not the same in each city in America. If Plax was a Cowboy and was caught in Texas, he'd probably be playing football this season. But he was a Giant, and in New York the law is tougher. Be a realist here Snake, it is what it is and Plax should have known better. It's not like he was brand new to New York. He knew the law before he broke it.

Besides that, Dante is no murderer. Video showed that his being drunk was not the major factor in that accident, rather the victims stupidity was. Had Stallworth been completely sober he'd have hit that guy and killed him anyway. What then? Is he still a murderer? Hell, in that case, I'd call him simply a victim of circumstance. I'm not excusing his being wasted, but his being wasted wasn't the contributing factor in that death. So no, I don't label him a murderer.

And I don't entirely disagree with the sentence either. What is the sentence given to a driver for a first offense DUI? Take the death out of it, the death was not caused by DUI. The death was caused by a dumb fuck running out into traffic. So charge him with DUI. Sentence him for DUI, not murder.

Hell, the family of the victim got more than they should have I'm sure, considering the deceased was more at fault for his own death than Stallworth was.

Gunakor
08-22-2009, 01:52 AM
Plax gets 2 years. Dante 30 days.

The 2 years for Plax was a mandatory sentence. The judges have their hands tied, the law clearly states that if you break the concealed carry law (or ban, in this case), this is the time you are required to serve. No exceptions. What is it you expected to happen?

Zool
08-22-2009, 01:59 AM
Plax gets 2 years. Dante 30 days.

The 2 years for Plax was a mandatory sentence. The judges have their hands tied, the law clearly states that if you break the concealed carry law (or ban, in this case), this is the time you are required to serve. No exceptions. What is it you expected to happen?

2 years is actually a plea down from the original charge. 3 years is mandatory on a conviction for carrying an unregistered firearm in NYC. He should count himself lucky to not have an additional 12 months.

Basically IMO this boils down to him being a fucking moron. If my options are go to a club with a gun or don't go to that club guess what. I'm not going there. Also, sweat pants? Really? You make $5mil a season. Go buy some jeans.

Gunakor
08-22-2009, 02:01 AM
Also, sweat pants? Really? You make $5mil a season. Go buy some jeans.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pugger
08-22-2009, 07:11 AM
I know it shouldn't but some of these bozos who are professional athletes make me shake my head with the dumbass things they do. "Gee, I can do whatever I like. Who is gonna notice me, a 6'5" 232 lb guy clubbing in places where I need a gun to protect myself?" :roll:

MJZiggy
08-22-2009, 07:19 AM
It's just what comes with money and stupidity. Jerry Jones tried to take a gun on a plane and was offended when the authorities didn't let him. Ya know. Cause he's Jerry Jones.

MOBB DEEP
08-25-2009, 02:44 AM
Also, sweat pants? Really? You make $5mil a season. Go buy some jeans.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

apparently he WAS wearing jeans; black ones

stated during interview on E60 to be aired tuesday (should be interesting)

Tarlam!
08-25-2009, 03:51 AM
IMHO, this is another thread that only seeks to divide and disrupt as per the MO ever since I can remember. This discussion was over when the fact of the law was made. But hey, who needs facts, right? The race card, however subtly, has definitely been played. Again. And 3 pages later...

It is with great restraint that I withhold myself from making a personal attack on subject matter, choice of writing style, use of caps and punctuation of a/some poster(s). I also refrain from taking any potshots about the profession of said poster(s).

MOBB DEEP
08-25-2009, 08:32 AM
what? u still pressed about my grammar? and profession? what? would love for u to elaborate but i guess u cant w/o being rude...thus the need for "restraint.." i recall u being quite respectful in a PM, what happened to THAT tarlam? :cry:

and i NEVER said a thang about race sir...just the facts sir...and not arguing a particular point just an interesting FOOTBALL-related topic to me even tho not one to u...dayum

amaznly security patted plax down and allowed him to come in with gun! maybe they should face discplinary actions too for puttn folk in danger? :evil:

KYPack
08-25-2009, 09:09 AM
apparently he WAS wearing jeans; black ones

Black and red.