PDA

View Full Version : South Dakota Vikings???

K-town
07-20-2006, 02:18 PM
From Sports Illustrated's Truth and Rumors section:

South Dakota business and political leaders visited Winter Park last week to propose a shift of future Vikings training camps to Sioux Falls, a team official confirmed Wednesday. -- Minneapolis Star Tribune

WTF? Did I miss the memo?

Isn't Sioux Falls, South Dakota, a bit far from the Vikings "home base" of support in the Twin Cities?

Perhaps Rastak or another Vikings fan could shed some light?

Rastak
07-20-2006, 02:53 PM

South Dakota business and political leaders visited Winter Park last week to propose a shift of future Vikings training camps to Sioux Falls, a team official confirmed Wednesday. -- Minneapolis Star Tribune

Isn't Sioux Falls, South Dakota, a bit far from the Vikings "home base" of support in the Twin Cities?

Sure, they made a huge push a couple of years ago to host training camp. I don't think the Vikings will bite though, the polititians would like to keep camp in Minnesota. Actually, it wouldn't be that big of a deal, Kansas City for instance trains in River Falls Wisconsin.

Deputy Nutz
07-20-2006, 02:57 PM
Joey Montana still thinks Steve's Pizza is the best he has ever had.

K-town
07-20-2006, 03:00 PM

Sure, they made a huge push a couple of years ago to host training camp. I don't think the Vikings will bite though, the polititians would like to keep camp in Minnesota. Actually, it wouldn't be that big of a deal, Kansas City for instance trains in River Falls Wisconsin.

Thanks for the info, Rastak.

fUZZ
07-20-2006, 03:13 PM

Yup, as a South Dakotan stuck in Minnesota I paid close attention to this one. Apparently, in the end MN Gov. Pawlenty basically told Ziggy that if he moved training camp say goodbye to a new stadium. Funny cause they probably won't get one until 2015!

SD is half purple, half orange. Vikings East River, Broncos West River. Hardy Pack fans must battle both these evil hethens.

Rastak
07-20-2006, 03:19 PM

Actually it was Red that got told that. By the way, you must be about 3 miles from my house fuzz!

Yup, as a South Dakotan stuck in Minnesota I paid close attention to this one. Apparently, in the end MN Gov. Pawlenty basically told Ziggy that if he moved training camp say goodbye to a new stadium. Funny cause they probably won't get one until 2015!

SD is half purple, half orange. Vikings East River, Broncos West River. Hardy Pack fans must battle both these evil hethens.

fUZZ
07-20-2006, 03:25 PM
wher e you at Rastak? I work at the St. Paul campus and live just south of the campus near St. Anthony Park grade school.

Rastak
07-20-2006, 03:46 PM
wher e you at Rastak? I work at the St. Paul campus and live just south of the campus near St. Anthony Park grade school.

Midway in Saint Paul.

Zool
07-20-2006, 03:58 PM
Souix Falls would be about 8 hours away I believe. Hell weren't the Saints in the Cheese League for a few years even? Now thats a long way to go for TC.

MJZiggy
07-20-2006, 04:12 PM
Souix Falls would be about 8 hours away I believe. Hell weren't the Saints in the Cheese League for a few years even? Now thats a long way to go for TC. Perhaps it was something to do with training in Louisiana in the summer? (picture emoticon sweating so hard it's melting). :cool:

BigDmoney
07-20-2006, 05:28 PM
Souix Falls would be about 8 hours away I believe. Hell weren't the Saints in the Cheese League for a few years even? Now thats a long way to go for TC.

Mankato is about one and a half hours a way from mpls. Plus the city has put so much time and effort into this event for so long it's really hard to take it from them. Think about all the college girls what would be dissapointed to hear that they won't have their sugar-daddy's anymore.

Zool
07-21-2006, 08:08 AM
Was just saying that travel isnt the issue.

mngolf19
07-21-2006, 01:42 PM
In the past, McCombs would have welcomed this sort of thing. It could bring him more money. And knowing that, lots of places started making offers. But this ownership doesn't have the exact same motivations. So camp will stay in Mankato until Mankato doesn't want it.