PDA

View Full Version : Hall of fame Banquet

ND72
07-29-2009, 09:43 PM
I found it interesting in looking at photo's of the Packer HOF Banquet to see Ahman Green at it.

CaptainKickass
07-30-2009, 11:47 AM
I found it interesting in looking at photo's of the Packer HOF Banquet to see Ahman Green at it.

I dunno - looking at his accomplishments, I'm not surprised:

From Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahman_Green

In 2000, Green was traded along with a fifth round draft pick to the Green Bay Packers for Fred Vinson and a sixth round pick. Since then, he was selected to the NFL Pro Bowl every year from 2001 to 2005 and has broken several franchise records. From the time he joined the Packers in 2000 up through the end of the 2004 season, Green gained more yards from scrimmage (9,036) and rushing yards (6,848) than any other NFL player. In 2003, he had his best year as a professional and set the Green Bay franchise record by running for 1,883 yards in the regular season. He threw a touchdown pass on October 17, 2004 vs. the Detroit Lions.[1] Green is also one of two players in NFL history to have two touchdown runs of 90 or more yards (Bo Jackson is the other).

ND72
07-30-2009, 01:39 PM
except he wasn't there to be honored, he was there as a paying observer.

MichiganPackerFan
07-30-2009, 02:39 PM
except he wasn't there to be honored, he was there as a paying observer.

I've got to imagine that after several seasons in Green Bay, he still has solid relationships with past teammates. I can't imagine this is uncommon.

Noodle
07-30-2009, 09:31 PM
I'm not going to pass up a chance to pay tribute to a great Packer (Thanks ND).

I'm thinking that in fact it is uncommon for a former player who is not being honored and who hasn't been honored in the past to show up. But that's the kind of guy Green is. He was one of the very few Packers who lived in GB year round, and he was always, always about the team.

My enduring memory of him isn't of a long TD run, but the times when he was on the sidelines and another Packer back did something good. Green would invariably be the first one to run out and congratulate his teammate.

An amazing back and an amazing Packer.