PDA

View Full Version : THE DODGER--Q & A

Bretsky
07-30-2009, 07:42 AM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20090729/PKR01/90729149/1954/PKR03

HarveyWallbangers
07-30-2009, 10:03 AM
Q: Why did you decide not to bring back Mark Tauscher?

Thompson: Mark Tauscher had an ACL injury obviously. When he’s going to be able to come back is a little bit up in the air. I had a chat with Mark last week. He’s doing really good. … You never know where that’s going. I told him there might be an opportunity back here. We have tried to put some other guys in position to see if they can play that position because it’s still a question mark as to when Mark would be back and be able to play. But he’s getting in shape and getting ready to play so that when an opportunity comes, whether it’s here or somewhere else, he’ll be ready.

Q: So you’re not closing the door on Tauscher?

Thompson: You never close doors in the NFL. The biggest question is the timing of it, when he’s going to be ready to go. His surgery didn’t happen until after the season, sometime in January. We’re still on a pretty short time frame.

Freak Out
07-30-2009, 12:10 PM
Q: Are you happy with the line as a whole and how it has developed?

Thompson: I'm as happy as a little girl.

http://www.mike-myers.net/dieter5.jpg

hoosier
07-30-2009, 12:47 PM
Ron Wolf's interviews were always interesting to read because you had the feeling that, between the lines, he was saying something more than he was really able to or supposed to say in his official role. Nothing controversial, nothing scandalous, but you still had the sense that a little glimmer of his real feelings was showing through the facade.

With TT it's just the opposite. He is completely illegible. The text of his newspaper interviews read like the visual images of his televised press conferences look: stoic, blank faced, a completely robotic performance.

I'm not sure which is better, a GM who can't conceal his humanity or a GM who's a master of concealment. But they're both interesting in their own ways.