PDA

View Full Version : Al Davis has gone insane(er).

Lurker64
07-30-2009, 03:41 PM
Darius Heyward-Bey's contract: 5 years, $38.250 million base, $23.5 million guaranteed, max value $54 million.

This is, by my math, like a 20% increase over what Sedrick Ellis got paid in the same spot last year. TWENTY PERCENT!

For further laughs, compare this contract to the extension Jennings just received.

Waldo
07-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Darius Heyward-Bey's contract: 5 years, $38.250 million base, $23.5 million guaranteed, max value $54 million.

This is, by math, like a 20% increase over what Sedrick Ellis got paid in the same spot last year. TWENTY PERCENT!

For further laughs, compare this contract to the extension Jennings just received.

And on a sour note, consider that right now TT is sending a bag of flaming shit to Al's doorstep for making the negotiations with Raji that much more difficult.

DonHutson
07-30-2009, 04:05 PM
So if Crabtree's agent was representing Heyward-Bey, would he have been asking that his client get paid like the 25th overall pick he was "expected" to be?

:roll:

Lurker64
07-30-2009, 04:08 PM
And on a sour note, consider that right now TT is sending a bag of flaming shit to Al's doorstep for making the negotiations with Raji that much more difficult.

Isn't the #9 spot traditionally where sanity returns to the rookie pay scale?

If I'm the Bengals, though, I'm a little bit worried as Andre Smith is already poised for a long holdout, and they're expected to pay him more than they paid DHB.

Or is "Come on... it's the Raiders, nobody else does business like them" an argument accepted by agents these days?

ThunderDan
07-30-2009, 04:54 PM

Isn't the #9 spot traditionally where sanity returns to the rookie pay scale?

If I'm the Bengals, though, I'm a little bit worried as Andre Smith is already poised for a long holdout, and they're expected to pay him more than they paid DHB.

Or is "Come on... it's the Raiders, nobody else does business like them" an argument accepted by agents these days?

Between their CB, QB and DHB they have to have close to $25 million in cap space allocated. Plus Walker and that CB they cut last year mid-season they probably have $70M for the other 50 players on their team.

cheesner
07-30-2009, 05:26 PM
Is it that bad to play for Oak that Al has to pay such a premium? I think that is why Asmougha got so much.

Lurker64
07-30-2009, 05:45 PM
Is it that bad to play for Oak that Al has to pay such a premium? I think that is why Asmougha got so much.

That's kind of true, if Heyward-Bey had gone where he was supposed to (in the mid-20s somewhere), he would have ended up on a much better team...