PDA

View Full Version : Is APB really a conservative?

RashanGary
07-20-2006, 02:25 PM
His inability to grasp the big picture when discussing roster management is starting to cause me to believe APB really is a conservative. I hear all the conservatives around here constantly disregard the surrounding circumstances like when Longwell was struggling. A conservative would say "Longwell is responsible to put it through the hole" instead of taking into account the holder which was drastically worse. Over and over again, the known conservatives make these black and white statements without any regard to the grey area. The conservatives continue to say Brett was a much worse QB last year only because he made mistakes. No regard for the surrounding circumstances is ever taken into consideration. It must be part of being a conservative. It goes with the territory apparently. Well, APB seems to have this same line of thinking. He refuses to aknowledge surrounding circumstances like cap management or production -vs- pay when signing and resigning players. He blames one person for a roster that was largely not his when being appointed. He refuses to acknowledge the possiblity that TT could prove to be a good GM and sites one season as his proof. Just like the other forum conservatives who say Longwell and Favre washed up after one season, APB believes TT is horrible after one season.

Is he really a conservative? No liberal could be this closed minded.

PS. I thought this somewhat pertained to football. Maybe not but I though it had a shred of football credibility to it.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-20-2006, 02:42 PM
To compare football to politik is like comparing apples to oranges. :cool:

Deputy Nutz
07-20-2006, 02:44 PM
I almost moved this thread. Way to tie in football Nick, opps I mean Greg.

Rastak
07-20-2006, 02:51 PM
I almost moved this thread. Way to tie in football Nick, opps I mean Greg.

I'd have moved it good doctor, it's mainly a politically thread.

SkinBasket
07-20-2006, 04:07 PM
I would have moved it right into my anal canal, whence it could obtain some flavor (I ate an assload of king salmon last night) before being moved back out again, into a more suitable container - one with a shiny handle.

KYPack
07-20-2006, 04:28 PM
He's a lying scumbag who would rip off a friend or family.

Check the Packer Rats' Ticket Trader thread if you don't believe me.

MadtownPacker
07-20-2006, 06:25 PM
Why make this thread? That is the real question. Why make a thread about APB aka Tank? He is right when he says that if you dont like his post dont read them.

So this thread really aint about football.

It is about starting shit with another poster.

Fight threads will be going to the garbage can but until it opens they are going to the Romper Room.

NewsBruin
07-20-2006, 06:30 PM
It's "u r a libural, no ur a consurvative" threads that brought down the jsonline messageboard.

Let's not go there again.

I mean, the tendancies to use political language to color opinions about football. I have arch-conservatives and arch-liberals in my family, and all of them are intelligent Packer fans.

I also mean the jsonline board. Let's not go there, either.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-20-2006, 06:36 PM

Who said Partial is a friend of mine? And unless he has proof that hes some distant cousin of mine, he is not family.

KYPack
07-20-2006, 09:50 PM

Who said Partial is a friend of mine? And unless he has proof that hes some distant cousin of mine, he is not family.

OK, that's different. Go ahead and lie to the guy and rip him off.

I thought you were close.

Partial
07-20-2006, 11:18 PM

Ouch tank, very ouch

Anti-Polar Bear
07-20-2006, 11:20 PM
Sorry, man, we are just strangers living in different worlds. My only true friends in here are Harlan and Mazzin and Woodbuck and JSM and Fosco and GBM. :cool:

the_idle_threat
07-21-2006, 01:45 AM
And here I thought Tank and I were good buddies... :cry:

RashanGary
07-21-2006, 03:09 AM
To compare football to politik is like comparing apples to oranges. :cool:

Look who's talkin' :razz:

I see you guys are still going strong over here. I have 100 posts at realgm now. I've moved up from ballboy to scout over there :lol: . Basketball is pretty fun to watch and follow. When you get used to looking at basketball players all day, football players just look like little turds. Even the big guys just look like blobs. Basketball players seem to be much better athletes, but that is just one persons observation.

Well socialites, enjoy the remaining off season. Soon enough things will take off.

KYPack
07-21-2006, 08:36 AM
Sorry, man, we are just strangers living in different worlds. My only true friends in here are Harlan and Mazzin and Woodbuck and JSM and Fosco and GBM. :cool:

Tried to tell you Partial.

There's what being buddies with this one gets you.

Ripped off.

Partial
07-21-2006, 09:23 AM
Everytime I look at your icon, I want fried chicken. Yummm!

MJZiggy
07-21-2006, 11:38 AM
Stay strong, my man!! Let me know if you need the recipe for Oprah's not-fried fried chicken. I'm here for you bud! :smile:

woodbuck27
07-21-2006, 02:02 PM
Please Packer fans try to cut out and certainly lighten up on the overt - APB he's an idiot/moron/clown on and on whatever - insulting to this forum unjustified attacks.

That is hardly beneficial behaviour for OUR forum overall, when it's incessant and hardly warranted here. It's not like the young man is campaigning for some office and needs to be discredited.

Is he a Liberal or a Conservative ? Do we have to know that - as well as the religious affiliation of all? How about every members sexual choice of lifestyle? What's next?

Jaysus ! Please try to lighten up.

If we start that crap in here - we blow ourselves up !

This is merely a forum and one's posts don't come off hardly, as a life and death situation. If you disagree with anything of course state it without cheap shots and ridicule PLEASE. If you hate don't express hatred PLEASE. This is no place for that as we have to share this place.

I would defend anyone here against such BS attacks - not just APB.

KYPack
07-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Everytime I look at your icon, I want fried chicken. Yummm!

Breast & a wing?

Or drumstick and a leg?

Cole slaw with mashed potatoes & gravy.

Last weekend I was in Somerset KY. Water skiing and lounging on the lake by day, eating Southern fried chicken and listening to electric bluegrass by nite at the Master Muscians Festival.

We ate fried chicken from all these great little roadside joints. Somersets' 30 - 40 minutes from Corbin, Col sanders old stompin grounds. Man, I dunno what was better, the music the food, or the lake!

Harlan Huckleby
07-22-2006, 08:07 AM
I think Kentucky Fried is tasty, but it is so intensely unhealthy. That stuff is death. They fry in highly saturated fat.

KYPack
07-22-2006, 09:40 AM
I think Kentucky Fried is tasty, but it is so intensely unhealthy. That stuff is death. They fry in highly saturated fat.

There's a "Southern Fried Chicken Zone" Starts in Corbin KY dips down into Tennessee and finishes up in S. Indiana & Western KY.

I try not to eat KFC, it's too greasy. I like little mom & pop roadside joints that have been recommended by locals. I'm on a life long search for the best Southern fried chicken & I'm only half way done.

KFC is bad for ya? Sure. Anthing that's fun will kill ya.

So what?, like George Carlin says "80 years of breathing air will kill ya".

Harlan Huckleby
07-22-2006, 06:22 PM
ya, but with my high cholesterol, a couple more years of KFC woulda killed me.

Popeye's is good. And they have grilled chicken breasts that I can eat.