PDA

View Full Version : Is it brutally hot where you live?

oregonpackfan
07-20-2006, 10:01 PM
Here in the Pacific Northwest it is unusually sweltering. The temperature is supposed to be 106 in the Portland Metro area on Friday.

Things could be worse. I could be in Dallas perspiring and wondering why the Cowboys took a big risk in signing T.O. Owens! :lol:

GrnBay007
07-20-2006, 10:04 PM
It's been in the 90's here but the dewpoint and humidity are very high so it makes it really uncomfortable to be doing any work or activities outside.

HarveyWallbangers
07-20-2006, 10:30 PM
It's been hot, but I wouldn't say it's been unusually hot. If you've lived in the Upper Midwest for awhile, you are bound to get a hot spell or two each summer. I remember in the summer of 1988 when it was 90+ degrees for the better part of a month--with a handful of those days being over 100 degrees. That was a severe drought.

GoPackGo
07-20-2006, 10:33 PM
its 110 everyday here

MJZiggy
07-20-2006, 10:36 PM
We're sweating here. Though we're having a nice break. It only got to 95 today. Humidity was still something like 107% though.

HarveyWallbangers
07-20-2006, 10:44 PM
We had 4 or 5 consecutive days in the mid 90s, but the forecast for the next 10 days is mostly in the mid 80s. A little hot spell? Sure. Nothing unusual though. People seem to be a lot wimpier nowadays than in the past.
:D

Bretsky
07-20-2006, 10:47 PM
very hot too; hey does the forum look a whole lot different to all or is it just me right now ?

Partial
07-20-2006, 11:16 PM
very hot too; hey does the forum look a whole lot different to all or is it just me right now ?

are you using IE or firefox? it might be different looking to you still. Mad did some stuff yesterday and didn't switch it back right away. PM me with your browser and i'll tell you how to fix it.

Partial
07-20-2006, 11:33 PM
B, I am gonna email you. PM is down evidentally! It's title is a response from a really old email we had. Hope you get that tonight.

GBRulz
07-21-2006, 08:02 AM
Seeing how long our winters are, I vow never to complain about the heat!

But yes, i was up in northern WI and it hit 100 on Sat. I was out on the boat though, so it was perfect!

Oscar
07-21-2006, 09:54 AM
It's pushed 100 all week here in M.W.Mo. But today its in the 70's and were getting a much needed rain. See, it's true, take a day off to work on your house and its rains every time. :roll: Oh well :smile: I even washed both the car and truck yesterday as well..

jack's smirking revenge
07-21-2006, 10:35 AM
It's been in the 90s for much of the last week or so in the Twin Cities. Temps have dropped of late. But I love this weather and this heat. All I have to do is thinking about how horrible it is to step outside of the house in negative 10 degree temps and I remember how much I love summer.

Yeah, I know. I really don't belong in the north if I can't take the cold. Heard it over and over...

tyler

MJZiggy
07-21-2006, 11:45 AM
It's pushed 100 all week here in M.W.Mo. But today its in the 70's and were getting a much needed rain. See, it's true, take a day off to work on your house and its rains every time. :roll: Oh well :smile: I even washed both the car and truck yesterday as well..

I bought a hose to water the garden and it rained for 3 weeks straight.

woodbuck27
07-21-2006, 01:18 PM
The weather in the Montreal area has been mostly hot and very humid/ sticky.

Thank godness temperatures have been 85-90 F. We are getting thunder storms and heat lightening alot here lately, in the evening and night. thus the high humidity and Greenfield Park is adjacent to the St. Lawrence River.

Mighty thunder and lightening storm here last night. Emergency vehicles on the go, with that Electrical Storm. It's been uncomfortable even with air conditioning.

Soon that will end. Fall comes - way too soon - then the dreaded and long Winter.

oregonpackfan
07-21-2006, 07:29 PM
The weather forecasters were wrong in their prediction of 106 for western Oregon. It actually got up to 110! Oregon does not have the humidity of the eastern USA but 110 is still very uncomfortable.

GBRulz
07-22-2006, 08:43 AM
It's been in the 90s for much of the last week or so in the Twin Cities. Temps have dropped of late. But I love this weather and this heat. All I have to do is thinking about how horrible it is to step outside of the house in negative 10 degree temps and I remember how much I love summer.

Yeah, I know. I really don't belong in the north if I can't take the cold. Heard it over and over...

tyler

I ask myself the same question over and over....WHY do I live here. It's not so much the cold that bothers me, but from mid October until May, the trees are bare. The gray skies, the bare trees, can't do anything outside (snowmobiling gets old) and it's just blah.

MJZiggy
07-22-2006, 08:45 AM
And THAT's how I ended up in Florida.

GBRulz
07-22-2006, 08:49 AM
and then you got tired of 95 + humidity for 8 months out of the year and then went to the east coast?

MJZiggy
07-22-2006, 08:54 AM
No, didn't work quite like that. It was more of a career choice/family thing.

GBRulz
07-22-2006, 08:56 AM
ok, gotcha.

I'm thinking in a few years of checking out Virginia/N. Carolina. I love the ocean, but also love having seasons, too. Which is why I won't move back to FL

Scott Campbell
07-22-2006, 02:33 PM
and then you got tired of 95 + humidity for 8 months out of the year and then went to the east coast?

The grey skies, humidity and winters played a big role in how I ended up out here.

Fosco33
07-23-2006, 02:10 AM
It's been hot, but I wouldn't say it's been unusually hot. If you've lived in the Upper Midwest for awhile, you are bound to get a hot spell or two each summer. I remember in the summer of 1988 when it was 90+ degrees for the better part of a month--with a handful of those days being over 100 degrees. That was a severe drought.

Man, do I remember that or what.

I was 8 years old. My neighbor broke my writst while we were wrestling - no swimming for the entire summer. BRUTAL

I was in Arkansas this weekend. It was 108 when we landed and pretty humid before a big thunderstorm.

Just landed in LA - 112 at 7:30 PM. Nice, I love when its hot!

GrnBay007
08-03-2006, 12:23 AM
yeah, yeah, yeah.......summer is nice, but this 95-100 degrees with extreme humidity is getting way old. Bring on some sweatshirt weather and some football!! :mrgreen:

Bretsky
08-03-2006, 12:28 AM
My wedding day in June of 1995 was a record setter for humidity and temperature in the state of WI.

The temperatures from 10-10 ranged from 96-101 degrees and it was 99% humidity. We were married outside at a joint called Old World Wisconsin. Pretty cool place with historical Barn type setting............the reception was there as well...no air con......youza. And I was decked out in black all day. Lots of beer consumption and a couple DWI's for some attendees at that party.

Cheers,
B

GrnBay007
08-03-2006, 12:37 AM
I don't think people that don't live in the midwest really know what we mean when we talk humidity....lol I had lunch last week with my old boss who now lives in Florida and he even said the humidity around here is different than it is in Florida...worse for some reason. I don't know....last time I was in Florida I was a kid and kids don't notice or care about humidity.

the_idle_threat
08-03-2006, 01:05 AM
My wedding day in June of 1995 was a record setter for humidity and temperature in the state of WI.

The temperatures from 10-10 ranged from 96-101 degrees and it was 99% humidity. We were married outside at a joint called Old World Wisconsin. Pretty cool place with historical Barn type setting............the reception was there as well...no air con......youza. And I was decked out in black all day. Lots of beer consumption and a couple DWI's for some attendees at that party.

Cheers,
B

Ah, Old World Wisconsin ... haven't been there since field trips in school. Sometimes I get out to McMiller Shooting range, though. It's right next door. :twisted:

woodbuck27
08-03-2006, 02:11 AM
It's so fricken HOT here in Montreal, that my air conditioner is pounding out a calypso beat.

HOT! HOT! HOT!

Dreadful humidity as well.

oregonpackfan
08-03-2006, 10:20 PM

Cheers,
B

Bretsky,

I have toured Old World Wisconsin several times and loved it. Unlike you, I did not get married there(I was married in Rice Lake.)

That place gave me a complete appreciation of some of the hardships the first pioneers to Wisconsin faced.

OPF

retailguy
08-03-2006, 10:26 PM
It's so fricken HOT here in Montreal, that my air conditioner is pounding out a calypso beat.

HOT! HOT! HOT!

Dreadful humidity as well.

IT'S GLOBAL WARMING.... I JUST KNOW IT.... AL GORE WAS CORRECT.... WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

ROFLMAO.... :mrgreen:

On a more serious note, the weather broke here today, finally, and relief is on the way woody... couple more days...

MJZiggy
08-03-2006, 10:32 PM

Cheers,
B

What a cool way to get married! (well not at those temps, but you know what I mean. :wink: )

GrnBay007
08-03-2006, 11:26 PM
Forecast for Family Night (Day) in Green Bay:

Sunny skies. High 86F and low 63F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. lil warm for football but maybe the temp will drop a bit by game time.

Fosco33
08-04-2006, 03:16 AM
I'm living in NY Monday-Thursday now. This week was really fricken hot - like 110-115 heat index; and 96 at Midnight!

Glad to be home in Cali - even after a 14 hr travel day w/ delays and bs from stupid airlines :smile:

MJZiggy
08-04-2006, 06:38 AM
And how long will you be on the road this time?

woodbuck27
08-04-2006, 08:52 AM
I'm living in NY Monday-Thursday now. This week was really fricken hot - like 110-115 heat index; and 96 at Midnight!

Glad to be home in Cali - even after a 14 hr travel day w/ delays and bs from stupid airlines :smile:

Planes,Trains,and Automobiles - Ehh?

Fosco33
08-04-2006, 09:39 AM
And how long will you be on the road this time?

No idea. I hope not long - way too much travel. They're talking about calling me a 'hired gun' and letting me run a project closer to home after a few months (if something starts up) OR thru March (if not).

Charles Woodson
08-04-2006, 01:20 PM
Surprisingly its not that hot down here in miami its about 84 with a nice breez.. a lil humid tho

mraynrand
08-04-2006, 01:49 PM
Thank almighty God in heaven it finally cooled down here. I ride around in a little Honda with no air and my back kept getting stuck to the seat with the profuse sweat sluicing down my hairy back.

I went for a run the other night a 12:30 AM and it was 81, with a heat index of 91. I thought I was going into cardiac arrest. "This is the big one!" Jiminy Christmas was I hot!

The next day, I tried to play b-ball with my daughter and was sweating buckets. She says: "Ewww, Daddy, you're disgusting!!!" Now, I expect that from the wife (AKA "hosebag" according to Harvey), but from my sweet little innocent 10 year old? I'm supposed to be her hero at least until she turns 12. Now I'm just the sweaty, disgusting, hairy, bald ogre. THANK GOD IT'S COOLER!

Little Whiskey
08-06-2006, 11:20 PM
I was in the U.P. (upper pennisula of Michigan) this week. stopped in Marquette, it was so damn hot that swimming in Lake Superior felt good. I believe it was 97

woodbuck27
08-09-2006, 10:23 AM
Thank almighty God in heaven it finally cooled down here. I ride around in a little Honda with no air and my back kept getting stuck to the seat with the profuse sweat sluicing down my hairy back.

I went for a run the other night a 12:30 AM and it was 81, with a heat index of 91. I thought I was going into cardiac arrest. "This is the big one!" Jiminy Christmas was I hot!

The next day, I tried to play b-ball with my daughter and was sweating buckets. She says: "Ewww, Daddy, you're disgusting!!!" Now, I expect that from the wife (AKA "hosebag" according to Harvey), but from my sweet little innocent 10 year old? I'm supposed to be her hero at least until she turns 12. Now I'm just the sweaty, disgusting, hairy, bald ogre. THANK GOD IT'S COOLER!

That's funny. :mrgreen:

Drink lots - of really cold iced tea and lemon. Buy your daughter the best ice cream sundays, soda's and milk shakes - when your out enjoying her.

Suck up ! :mrgreen:

MJZiggy
08-09-2006, 12:08 PM
Careful how ya phrase stuff Woody, :lol: People might get the wrong idea. :oops:

Just playin'

mraynrand
08-09-2006, 02:16 PM
Careful how ya phrase stuff Woody, :lol: People might get the wrong idea. :oops:

Just playin'

Only you Zig. Sheesh!

MJZiggy
08-09-2006, 05:20 PM
Did you miss the "just playin'" part?