PDA

View Full Version : Harrell's back appears fixed

Partial
08-04-2009, 12:08 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/52391712.html

bobblehead
08-04-2009, 12:12 AM
Read this one....even noted it was accupuncture that fixed it. I wrote down the chiropractors name that did the accupuncture...guess who I am going to see in December when I'm in town.

Gunakor
08-04-2009, 12:18 AM
Great article, thanks for the link. The description given of him in this article doesn't really illustrate the lazy, unmotivated Harrell that many view him as. I was a bit surprised to hear he's getting reps at NT, but that must mean he's very healthy if he's getting reps there in padded sessions. Big guys with bad backs won't hold up long on the nose. Very good news indeed.

Partial
08-04-2009, 01:03 AM
Harrell clearly have a backiotomy. Having him healty (knock on wood) will go a long way towards a successful season. He and Jolly are very stout run stoppers to have as depth.

Bretsky
08-04-2009, 07:27 AM
just hope he somehow plays 16 games

]{ilr]3
08-04-2009, 08:30 AM

iF Harrell can start living up to his 1st round expectations we should have one hell of a D-Line this year 8-)

Tarlam!
08-04-2009, 08:50 AM

I've always been one on this forum to stay optimistic on Harrell. I felt badly for him when the "fans" booed his selection, I felt some shame when he gave his first interview (he vowed to earn the fans' admiration and said he understood the boos).

I have never entertained the thought he might be a lazy chump.

BUT: If it's not the biceps keeping him sidelined, it's the knee. If not the knee, the hip. Not the hip? Fine, how about another back injury?

The guy is jinxed regardless of his great character and work ethic. I'm having a problem staying optimistic. :(

wist43
08-04-2009, 09:03 AM
Acupuncture??? Anybody else have any success with that???

I'm all ears... my back is in constant pain, has been for years.

Patler
08-04-2009, 09:28 AM

I've always been one on this forum to stay optimistic on Harrell. I felt badly for him when the "fans" booed his selection, I felt some shame when he gave his first interview (he vowed to earn the fans' admiration and said he understood the boos).

I have never entertained the thought he might be a lazy chump.

BUT: If it's not the biceps keeping him sidelined, it's the knee. If not the knee, the hip. Not the hip? Fine, how about another back injury?

The guy is jinxed regardless of his great character and work ethic. I'm having a problem staying optimistic. :(

I agree completely. (I think you missed an ankle injury in your litany! :lol: ) I take confort in the words of Aaron Kampman:

"In the end I think every individual player has to have it within themselves, and from what I know of Justin, he's a good young man," Aaron Kampman said. "And I think you'll see his best."

]{ilr]3
08-04-2009, 09:44 AM

My brother is a Chiropractor down near Dallas and he uses acupuncture. I have never had him use it one me (or felt the need to).

He has used it on both my parents and they says it works (not sure in what way)

He made my sister cry though, but to be fair she seems to have a low threshold for pain, is somewhat dramatic and cries a lot :laugh: :cry:

Scott Campbell
08-04-2009, 10:41 AM

Back pain and golf don't mix well Wist.

After 2 back surgeries, I'd put the odds of Harrell having a notable NFL career at less than 5%. I think he's facing some ridiculously long odds, as back injuries can flare up at the drop of a hat.

ThunderDan
08-04-2009, 10:51 AM

I had tendonitis in my shoulder while playing golf and couldn't raise my arm above shoulder level without lots of pain. Shot 87 the first day of the event. I had acupunctune done the next morning and had full range of motion, I shot 67 and missed the cut.

HarveyWallbangers
08-04-2009, 11:19 AM
After 2 back surgeries, I'd put the odds of Harrell having a notable NFL career at less than 5%. I think he's facing some ridiculously long odds, as back injuries can flare up at the drop of a hat.

Did he actually have the second back surgery or did he do the acupuncture instead?

Waldo
08-04-2009, 11:26 AM

Did he actually have the second back surgery or did he do the acupuncture instead?

He had a second surgery, he did the acupuncture in lieu of a 3rd surgery.

rbaloha1
08-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Harrell should be part of the rotation. May be forced to start due to the Raji situation.

Bossman641
08-04-2009, 11:46 AM
Harrell should be part of the rotation. May be forced to start due to the Raji situation.

I'd say it's way too early to go that far. It sucks that he isn't signed but there is a whole lot of waiting going on until all the slotting is done.

pbmax
08-04-2009, 11:50 AM
I confess I am more happy that some posters might have to have a dose of crow over Harrell's level of commitment and toughness than I am about his prospects. His odds of sustaining productivity can't be good if the prognosis story is true.

If he makes it to the regular season and is productive, that itself is a victory at this point. But I don't think the organization can count on him for long.

I also think whoever leaked the story about Harrell coming in fat and happy and thus causing his back injury when he came in for the offseason workouts (Winter 2008) should be fired again. A back injury this severe wasn't likely the result of seven weeks of laying around.

Waldo
08-04-2009, 11:53 AM
I confess I am more happy that some posters might have to have a dose of crow over Harrell's level of commitment and toughness than I am about his prospects. His odds of sustaining productivity can't be good if the prognosis story is true.

If he makes it to the regular season and is productive, that itself is a victory at this point. But I don't think the organization can count on him for long.

I also think whoever leaked the story about Harrell coming in fat and happy and thus causing his back injury when he came in for the offseason workouts (Winter 2008) should be fired again. A back injury this severe wasn't likely the result of seven weeks of laying around.

LOL.

I think they got him last January.

rbaloha1
08-04-2009, 11:53 AM

I'd say it's way too early to go that far. It sucks that he isn't signed but there is a whole lot of waiting going on until all the slotting is done.

At what point do you start to worry? Raji needs conditioning and pre season game experience.

Scott Campbell
08-04-2009, 12:04 PM

I had tendonitis in my shoulder while playing golf and couldn't raise my arm above shoulder level without lots of pain. Shot 87 the first day of the event. I had acupunctune done the next morning and had full range of motion, I shot 67 and missed the cut.

67? Damn!

ThunderDan
08-04-2009, 12:10 PM

67? Damn!

Shot a 63 at PGA-West Palmer Course (same tees, same pins) the day after Duval shot his 59.

Out of college I thought I was good enough to play with the big boys. I quickly learned I wasn't good enough to play with the almost big boys. Still it was a fun 5 years.

I tell my friends I was just good enough to become a CPA.

wist43
08-04-2009, 12:18 PM

No, they don't... my game comes and goes according to how cooperative my back is.

Can't shoot a 67 like TD, but I'm usually under 80... unless my back is flaring up - have looked into acupuncture a little, but not seriously. Back is getting bad enough now though, that Im ready to try anything.

ThunderDan
08-04-2009, 12:21 PM

No, they don't... my game comes and goes according to how cooperative my back is.

Can't shoot a 67 like TD, but I'm usually under 80... unless my back is flaring up - have looked into acupuncture a little, but not seriously. Back is getting bad enough now though, that Im ready to try anything.

I'm very happy to shoot 75 now, I'm up to a 9 handicap. Haven't played competitively for over 10 years.

My back was one of the reasons I quit, too many hits playing football.

Lurker64
08-04-2009, 01:48 PM

My experience with acupuncture, as well as other chiropractic care, is that it's not really a permanent cure but it is a temporary solution. Whatever pain you have will go away for a while, but it will return eventually, at which point you go in for the same (or a similar) procedure.

Thankfully, Harrell's rookie contract will pay for a lot of acupuncture.

bobblehead
08-04-2009, 03:15 PM

I'm hoping for 19 myself....and no, I'm not counting preseason. :shock:

bobblehead
08-04-2009, 03:17 PM

67? Damn!

Shot a 63 at PGA-West Palmer Course (same tees, same pins) the day after Duval shot his 59.

Out of college I thought I was good enough to play with the big boys. I quickly learned I wasn't good enough to play with the almost big boys. Still it was a fun 5 years.

I tell my friends I was just good enough to become a CPA.

"You aughtua talk to my accountant...Huge ass...probably a great golfer"
---Happy Gilmore

Deputy Nutz
08-04-2009, 03:54 PM

Try getting your colon cleaned out.

Noodle
08-04-2009, 04:50 PM

I thought you were more a colon stuffed kind of dude. Or maybe one leads to the other.

Lurker64
08-04-2009, 05:01 PM
I thought you were more a colon stuffed kind of dude. Or maybe one leads to the other.

Apropos of nothing, I do want to point out that August is national anal sex month.

HarveyWallbangers
08-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Obviously, I'm not too confident that Harrell will stay healthy. It is good to hear that Jenkins appears to be back to the way he was last year. He was a beast in the first four games.

MichiganPackerFan
08-04-2009, 05:16 PM
Obviously, I'm not too confident that Harrell will stay healthy. It is good to hear that Jenkins appears to be back to the way he was last year. He was a beast in the first four games.

If he is not, it is not because he is lazy like has been stated in the past. He's worked his ass off. If anyone is to blame on this it is certainly Ted Thompson.

That said, as the optimist, I hope it works out and he's pain free and a force for the next 10 seasons in a GB uniform. I think he's gone through a lot, faced the challenges and deserves to have things go right for a change.

pbmax
08-04-2009, 05:30 PM
I will boost my post total by just saying: AGREED! He might be the best thing to happen to this defense if he can last the season.

gex
08-04-2009, 05:49 PM

Apropos of nothing, I do want to point out that August is national anal sex month.

http://www.dailyprobe.com/arcs/021902/asm.shtml

Fritz
08-04-2009, 07:05 PM

If he is not, it is not because he is lazy like has been stated in the past. He's worked his ass off. If anyone is to blame on this it is certainly Ted Thompson.

That said, as the optimist, I hope it works out and he's pain free and a force for the next 10 seasons in a GB uniform. I think he's gone through a lot, faced the challenges and deserves to have things go right for a change.

I thought we all agreed to blame the former weight room coach under whose watch Harrell hurt his back.

You people need some elementary lessons in blame. It's far more convenient to blame someone who is no longer with the organization. Thompson's still here. If he's fired in the next couple of seasons, then we can assign him the blame for everything from Harrell's back to Favre's ungainly comeback.

MichiganPackerFan
08-04-2009, 07:29 PM

I thought we all agreed to blame the former weight room coach under whose watch Harrell hurt his back.

You people need some elementary lessons in blame. It's far more convenient to blame someone who is no longer with the organization. Thompson's still here. If he's fired in the next couple of seasons, then we can assign him the blame for everything from Harrell's back to Favre's ungainly comeback.

In that case, I blame Mike Sherman. (How'd I do?)

wist43
08-04-2009, 07:51 PM

Did I say "anything"??? I think I want to rethink that... :lol: