PDA

View Full Version : Matthew's climbing chart

Partial
08-04-2009, 12:08 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/52394597.html

Partial
08-04-2009, 12:11 AM
Matthews working with starters:

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20090803/PKR01/90803149/1058&referrer=NEWSFRONTCAROUSEL

Bretsky
08-04-2009, 07:41 AM
a few interesting tidbits

After three days in pads, Jeremy Thompson hasn't looked as good as he did in shorts during the organized team activities (OTAs). That's part of the reason Matthews was given the opportunity to run with the No. 1s.

The other is that Matthews is showing he knows how to play the position.

NO SURPRISE HERE IMO; Thompson was often shown to be very soft last year and put on the pads and here it comes again; time will tell but I'm not nearly as high on him as a LB as many are

Safety Nick Collins says the change in position coaches from Kurt Schottenheimer to Darren Perry has been a plus.

"I think we can relate to him a little better because he played the game and he played in this system," Collins said. "I think a lot of guys can really relate to him and respect him. We can just go out there and learn from him. He can tell us what we're doing wrong. That will help."

It goes without saying that losing Vanilla Bob and Schotty are huge additions by subtraction IMO

Bossman641
08-04-2009, 08:11 AM
Thompson needs to learn how to play meaner. He seems to always be thinking too much. Hand placement and technique and all that are important, but sometimes he needs to decide he is just going to beat whoever is lined up in front of him IMO.

SkinBasket
08-04-2009, 08:19 AM
a few interesting tidbits

We could use a few more interesting tidbits and a few less naked links.

Safety Nick Collins says the change in position coaches from Kurt Schottenheimer to Darren Perry has been a plus.

"I think we can relate to him a little better because he played the game and he played in this system," Collins said. "I think a lot of guys can really relate to him and respect him. We can just go out there and learn from him. He can tell us what we're doing wrong. That will help."

So we can read from this that Schottenheimer wasn't respected, couldn't relate to the players, wasn't a good teacher, and wasn't good at helping players make adjustments.

At least he had that whole friends with the right people thing going on - to the detriment of our team.

rbaloha1
08-04-2009, 11:47 AM
Guess the old adage about let wait until the pads come on applies here.

While I was not a supporter of the pick, Matthews from the pictures appears to have worked on his lower body. Obviously Matthews was well coached by Carroll and Norton. In fact Norton deemed Matthews the most NFL ready of the 4 USC lbs.