PDA

View Full Version : Al Harris - Workout Warrior

green_bowl_packer
08-04-2009, 09:05 AM
Article and video by Al Harris' agent who writes for the National Football Post.

Al looks ready!

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFLs-workout-warriors.html

]{ilr]3
08-04-2009, 09:54 AM
I wonder how much quicker and faster he could be if he lost the hair? Whats that add? 3-5 lbs? And carrying that wieght up high makes a big difference as well.

oregonpackfan
08-04-2009, 09:57 AM
{ilr]3]I wonder how much quicker and faster he could be if he lost the hair? Whats that add? 3-5 lbs? And carrying that wieght up high makes a big difference as well.

Interesting thought. Lombardi would have made him lose that hair. When one of his players was practicing with a newly grown mustache, Lombardi growled, "Mister, you would move a lot faster if you didn't have that hair on your lip!"

The next practice that same player showed up minus his mustache. :)

CaptainKickass
08-04-2009, 10:08 AM
That vid is pretty cool. I coulda done w/out the lame music, especially while Al was trying to talk to the camera. Glad to see Bigby taking a lesson from Al too.

The hair thing I don't care about. There's no need to attempt to control players who wanna show some personality. I enjoyed Mike Mc and Harris as the "hair twins" then Najeh, remember how he started to decline after he cut his hair? And now we got Harris & Bigby distinguishing themselves by keeping the "locks".

Ya wouldn't have taken away Bosworth's Mohawk, or Jim McMahon's headband - right? How about Gilbert's tinted visor?

I didn't think so.

There's no need for any NFL player to be anymore "uniform" than their on field uniform.

]{ilr]3
08-04-2009, 11:09 AM
That vid is pretty cool. I coulda done w/out the lame music, especially while Al was trying to talk to the camera. Glad to see Bigby taking a lesson from Al too.

The hair thing I don't care about. There's no need to attempt to control players who wanna show some personality. I enjoyed Mike Mc and Harris as the "hair twins" then Najeh, remember how he started to decline after he cut his hair? And now we got Harris & Bigby distinguishing themselves by keeping the "locks".

Ya wouldn't have taken away Bosworth's Mohawk, or Jim McMahon's headband - right? How about Gilbert's tinted visor?

I didn't think so.

There's no need for any NFL player to be anymore "uniform" than their on field uniform.

I dont really care, and I certainly dont think they should force players to cut thier hair.

I am suprised that they would do it. When you think about all the cost and engineering that goes into making airplanes, cars and even bicycles faster by reducing weight. Something that would certainly cost you performance you would thing a pro athlete would never grow thier hair like that.

Kiwon
08-04-2009, 11:39 AM
Aw man, Al's really packed on the pounds.

I think I saw his stomach move when he ran.

The guy stays ripped!

Working hard and looking good.

Cool video. I'm getting excited for TC. Hurry up and get Raji signed and let's go!

Fritz
08-04-2009, 11:39 AM
He could gain 1/132 of a second if he'd only cut that hair.

But he would also lose his mojo, thus offsetting any gains.

Patler
08-04-2009, 11:44 AM
Ya, how did that haircut work out for Samson? Not too good as I recall!

MichiganPackerFan
08-04-2009, 11:47 AM
Al's hair is great. Adds to his swagger. He's performed at a high enough level for long enough that he probably has earned the benefit of the doubt on that.

What he does need to work on is getting his abs in shape.

Al's got nothing on this guy!

http://www.truthaboutabs.com/images/cms/Image/fatbelly.jpg