PDA

View Full Version : Ocho = 4 letter word for loser

CaptainKickass
08-04-2009, 02:14 PM
I pretty much agree with everything this guy says.

At least TO, Moss, and to some extent Favre have accomplished SOMETHING in the NFL.

From Here:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9888346/On-the-Mark:-Please,-not-more-Ocho

To those who've logged onto "The Ocho Cinco Show," my position obligates me to render swift and merciless judgment:

TWIT OR TWEET? It seems the NFL's top Twitter lover Chad Ochocinco himself caught wind of Mark Kriegel's column. Here's what No. 85 had to tweet:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Mark Kriegel you're an idiot, you want a Lil fame I'll help, because your story today sucked just like you did in school!!!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Mark Kriegel you can come work for me, you're wasting away as a writer for foxsports,from me and my followers you get a Child Please!!!"

"Please read article on foxsports.com, this is how you know there's nothing going on in the world, when enjoying yourself and yo job is wrong"

"I can help you make a name for yourself Kriegel, you can't beat em join, you'll never beat me at this, come join, pay raise to!! Straight up"

You guys are even bigger losers than your boy, Ocho.

Worse still, I'm forced to include myself among your ranks. Acting on a tip from Alex Marvez, our football maven, that Ocho was revealing privileged information belonging to the Cincinnati Bengals football club, I clicked on the former Chad Johnson's production on Ustream. I learned that Ocho has Lil' Wayne's number on his phone, that he vowed to keep tweeting through training camp and that he plans to begin his boxing career after the season in Miami.

I was forced to watch as he asked Bengals rookie Rey Maualuga what girl he would not break up with, even if she had cheated on him.

The length and depth of Maualuga's excruciating struggle for an answer might tell you something about the value of a USC education. But it was also enough to remind your correspondent of his many limitations.

At this point in my career, there are some humiliations I should no longer tolerate. Listening to "The Ocho Cinco Show" is among them. Still, these chump ballplayers who think they're fabulous and interesting — who believe their personal minutiae has actual merit — despite never having won a thing, point to a larger problem

Back in the '90s — "the olden days" as my daughter refers to them — the standard for pathological narcissism among ballplayers was set by Dennis Rodman. In May 1997, he dressed in drag, got on a Harley and led a procession down Chicago's Michigan Avenue. I considered it a watershed event, a new high-water mark for shamelessness in self-promotion, and a sign that there were no more taboos left in sports.

But now, looking back, I long for the good old days of Rodman. First of all, unlike this generation of tweeters and streamers (those for whom tweeting just isn't enough), he actually put some time and energy into his hustle. It had a specific mercantile purpose, to wit: selling his calculatedly salacious autobiography. More important, at some level, he had earned the right. He was then a month away from his fifth championship.

Ocho has, what? My point exactly. Here's a guy already on the downside of his career, and coming off his worst season. A couple of weeks ago, he was talking about the pep talk he got from Denzel Washington, how it renewed his sense of purpose. Great. The guy needs an actor to tell him how to act? Then again, the former Chad Johnson only knows how to play one role, Ocho, a four-letter word for loser.

"I'm just trying to show these people a side of me they don't get to see," said Johnson, about half an hour into Saturday's video.

It's good to know that, even after all these years, someone still finds him endlessly fascinating. Does this speak to the perils of growing up a star athlete? Or the spiritual poverty of those logging on?

For those who seek more profoundly depressing entertainment, there's Stephon Marbury, who's taken to posting the latest episodes in his long-running psychiatric breakdown.

Marbury should've been the best point guard ever to come out of New York. Instead, he's on Ustream, getting into automobile accidents, weeping uncontrollably, cheerfully swallowing gobs of Vaseline and, according to accounts and transcripts in the blogosphere, speaking of abuse he allegedly endured as a child.

Ocho, by contrast, is still sane, and therefore, culpable. Finally, in the 36th minute of his most recent video masterpiece, as he's cueing up a practice tape, he receives a visitor. It's a Bengals assistant.

"You're not tweeting, are you?" the coach asks.

"No," says Ocho, who waits for the assistant to be gone before addressing his legions of fans through the camera.

"Bed check," he smirks. "Like we five years old."

Then, after an eternity spent adjusting the monitor's contrast, he turns his attention back to the practice tapes. At the beginning of another training camp, he's taken the liberty of showing the Bengals' one-on-one receiver drills. Just another side of the multi-faceted Ocho.

Fascinating stuff.

This being football, there are those who will accuse him of revealing state secrets. "Why would I get in trouble for showing how we work?" he asks. "How dumb does that sound?"

Truth is, the streaming won't change the outcome of any games. Ocho isn't really hurting anybody — but himself. He's a loser.

Where have you gone, Dennis Rodman?

Except for the bit about Rodman. I don't miss that freakshow at all. If I wanted that kinda over the top entertainment I'd still be watching WWE.

SnakeLH2006
08-05-2009, 03:18 AM
Jesus...you must not be an NBA fan....

Stephon Marbury is unsigned and has been posting up videos (wasted....drugs, alchohol..i dunno) for the past week+ a this link...and it's legendary.....he just goes the fuck off...wow...it's all LIVE and 24 hours a day....watch that guy....AMAZING shit and thank me later.....he's on WASTED as usual right now, just staring at the screen:

http://www.justin.tv/starburytv

Again.....wow! He's on all the time WASTED...any wonder he WILL NOT EVER get another NBA conract....Nol really....he's on that link ALL the TIME!....and ALWAYS fucked up or maybe he's just retarded...... Look at that link! Ocho Cinco is sane compared to that cat!

CaptainKickass
08-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Jesus...you must not be an NBA fan....

Stephon Marbury is unsigned and has been posting up videos (wasted....drugs, alchohol..i dunno) for the past week+ a this link...and it's legendary.....he just goes the fuck off...wow...it's all LIVE and 24 hours a day....watch that guy....AMAZING shit and thank me later.....he's on WASTED as usual right now, just staring at the screen:

http://www.justin.tv/starburytv

Again.....wow! He's on all the time WASTED...any wonder he WILL NOT EVER get another NBA conract....Nol really....he's on that link ALL the TIME!....and ALWAYS fucked up or maybe he's just retarded...... Look at that link! Ocho Cinco is sane compared to that cat!

I dunno why you're calling me Jesus, but nope..not an NBA fan.

The fact that people are even watching Mabury(sp?) is a testament to just how social media and technology have changed entertainment culture.

I agree - technology is a necessity. Technology is a tool, like a hammer. Give a hammer to one person, and he'll build a house. Give a hammer to another guy and he'll use it to bash someones head in and then post the video on the internet.

Free speech is also a necessity. It allows the rest of the civilized world to keep track of all the whackjobs running around on our planet, and also serves mostly as examples of what "not" to do.

Put them both together, and you get stuff like Maybury. People always love a laugh at someone elses pain or expense..especially if it's someone they don't know or care about. And everyone's trying to get in on the action.

Swennyway...Back to Ocho-Lame-o.

The point was that here he is all acting the part of an NFL Diva, Typically - to be an NFL Diva - you first have to ACCOMPLISH something in the NFL. Go check Chad Johnson's stats. They are underwhelming. Yet - he acts like he's king shit of the NFL.

I'm just real surprised that all the other actual NFL Divas haven't cornered him in a small room and given him the beat-down for tainting their reputations and overall established image. This dude has gotta be single handedly ruining the whole NFL Diva club.

oregonpackfan
08-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Most self-obsessed, immature, young men grown out of their immaturity through making mistakes and learning from their mistakes.

Chad Johnson showed a lot of this brash immaturity when he played for Coach Dennis Erickson at Oregon State. It appears that Johnson(Ocho-Cinco) is still mired at the same level of immaturity that he was as a 20 year old. :roll: