PDA

View Full Version : latest "tweets"

ND72
08-04-2009, 07:42 PM
tompelissero

* Slocum has dialed up the intensity of special teams drills, without a doubt. I wrote it in June...he's all about individual competition

* Watching lbs vs tes blocking drill. Kampman whipped lee, drawing an ovation, and Finley planted poppinga. Finley's blocking much improved

* Working screens now. Clay showing the strength to drive back moll

* Quinn Johnson really struggles in the gauntlet. Just face planted trying to step through the pads. Not sure what the deal is

* Interesting: Lang opens practice with the starters at left guard again. Spitz at center, sitton at right guard, wells sitting

pbmax
08-04-2009, 08:28 PM
We talked a bit about today's O line a bit on another thread, but this got me to thinking: Lang replaced Colledge who is battling a bad quad. Did Lang move to the left to keep the rest of the line from shuffling or do the coaches like him that much?

The few individual notes on Lang were up and down. But this is about the point last year it became clear the the coaches were infatuated with Sitton.

Waldo
08-04-2009, 09:01 PM
We talked a bit about today's O line a bit on another thread, but this got me to thinking: Lang replaced Colledge who is battling a bad quad. Did Lang move to the left to keep the rest of the line from shuffling or do the coaches like him that much?

The few individual notes on Lang were up and down. But this is about the point last year it became clear the the coaches were infatuated with Sitton.

I've thought that the coaches have been infatuated with Lang since spring workouts. Nothing but high praise for him. I think that it has been more noticeable with Lang than Sitton last year.

Lang has a decent shot of causing a reshuffle after family night IMHO, just like Sitton did last year.

Who knows though. Thursday will be telling. Tomorrow is all film, if they are going to make a major lineup change, it'll either happen tomorrow, or it won't happen until next Monday.

Waldo
08-04-2009, 09:03 PM
RobDemovsky - Most spirited practice I've seen in my 12 training camps!

Sounds like we just missed a beauty at Nitchke.

The Twitter field for this one was wild (5 reporters). Started a little slow, but once it became clear that this was a good one, the guys changed their tune and started loving it.

pbmax
08-04-2009, 09:07 PM
JSO had at least four fights logged on Cover It Live and McCarthy breaking the practice and sending everyone for water. They reacted the same way, first it was a boring practice then hotly contested.

Bedard mentioned Lang is bright and implied that the coaches trust him to pick up new information quickly.

ND72
08-04-2009, 09:08 PM
* Kampman tackles Wynn in the backfield again. Something different about 74 tonight. Spring in his step

*Scrum breaks out after lumpkin gets stripped on a run. Spitz, bishop in the middle.

*Matthews stuffs a run, then Rodgers sacked. Offense getting frustrated. Whole defense has bounce in its step.

*Then a big fight, bishop in the middle again, and McCarthy is pissed. Calls a huddle. Players emerge laughing though.

*To be clear, McCarthy was mad about guys being on the ground ... And maybe because his hat got knocked off.

*Offense faring better in the blitz drill tonight. Good hot throws from Rodgers ... And just as I type that, collins picks him off.

*Twos in and Matthews is getting to Flynn untouched before the ball comes out every time.

*And things go nokers after poppinga lays the wood to lumpkin in the flat. Meredith and Lang went right after him and everyong followed

*McCarthy cooling off everyone again. This is wild stuff kids

*Things have cooled down considerably. You could even say the atmosphere is dead now as the stands clear out and players do 7 on 7, 1 on 1

*Jake Allen continues to have the drops. I just don't think he has the hands or route running knack to play at this level

*2 minute drill for starters, 1:31 and ball at minus 40. 2 incompletions, then Finley beats kampman down the seam for 26. Jones catch for 17

* From McCarthy: likes the intensity during the play, but not the stuff after. Did not see poppingas hit, but does not approve of it

* "we were 6-10 last year and we didn't have a damn fight all camp. I'd say we're off to a hell of a start."*The energy level tonight is double what it has been any other practice

Chevelle2
08-04-2009, 09:48 PM
Can someone help me understand if Rodgers struggles are a good or bad thing?

Are the bad because, well he is struggling.

Or good because it means the D is playing well?

Partial
08-04-2009, 09:53 PM
* Kampman tackles Wynn in the backfield again. Something different about 74 tonight. Spring in his step

*Scrum breaks out after lumpkin gets stripped on a run. Spitz, bishop in the middle.

*Matthews stuffs a run, then Rodgers sacked. Offense getting frustrated. Whole defense has bounce in its step.

*Then a big fight, bishop in the middle again, and McCarthy is pissed. Calls a huddle. Players emerge laughing though.

*To be clear, McCarthy was mad about guys being on the ground ... And maybe because his hat got knocked off.

*Offense faring better in the blitz drill tonight. Good hot throws from Rodgers ... And just as I type that, collins picks him off.

*Twos in and Matthews is getting to Flynn untouched before the ball comes out every time.

*And things go nokers after poppinga lays the wood to lumpkin in the flat. Meredith and Lang went right after him and everyong followed

*Things have cooled down considerably. You could even say the atmosphere is dead now as the stands clear out and players do 7 on 7, 1 on 1

*Jake Allen continues to have the drops. I just don't think he has the hands or route running knack to play at this level

*2 minute drill for starters, 1:31 and ball at minus 40. 2 incompletions, then Finley beats kampman down the seam for 26. Jones catch for 17

* From McCarthy: likes the intensity during the play, but not the stuff after. Did not see poppingas hit, but does not approve of it

* "we were 6-10 last year and we didn't have a damn fight all camp. I'd say we're off to a hell of a start."*The energy level tonight is double what it has been any other practice

Were you there? Or where is this from?

ND72
08-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Our D has been playing well. Plus...you gotta read carefully. I read a tweet yesterday that said Rodgers has struggled, went 7 of 9 in blitz drill....7 of 9? If that's struggling, I'd hate to know what people thought of my High School QB's.

I don't read much into how an offense performs in practice. Speaking from an Offensive players persepective, when I played in college, our defense KILLED us night after night. Our offense was ranked #5 in the nation D-2 my Sophomore year, our defense was ranked like #102. They know what the offense does.

PLUS, I always loved our "Outside run drill" or "inside run drill"....so they'd take 2 DT's and 2 LB's against 3 OL guys, and bring the wood on us cause they knew exactly where we were running the ball.

ND72
08-04-2009, 09:54 PM

Were you there? Or where is this from?

tom pelissero does a "tweet" every 5 minutes or so from practice.

Waldo
08-04-2009, 09:57 PM
http://twitter.com/tompelissero
http://twitter.com/Greg_A_Bedard
http://twitter.com/MikeVandermause
http://twitter.com/RobDemovsky
http://twitter.com/TomSilverstein
http://twitter.com/PeteDougherty

Following all of them on a single twitter account (plus Barnett, Finley, and Grant) is hella entertaining, and a great commentary.

Waldo
08-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Greg_A_Bedard - Tonight's practice may go down as the night Desmond Bishop lauched a full-scale assault on A.J. Hawk's job

Chevelle2
08-04-2009, 10:21 PM
cheesheadtv has a great live blog every practice, compiling all of the twitters into a chat room. its awesome.

Partial
08-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Most spirited practice I've seen in my 12 training camps!

Effin' love it.

HarveyWallbangers
08-04-2009, 11:30 PM

I wouldn't get too worked up over it. The defense is usually ahead of the offense early. Plus, they often know what's coming. There were lots of years where fans would get worked up because Favre struggled early.

Waldo
08-05-2009, 12:12 AM

I wouldn't get too worked up over it. The defense is usually ahead of the offense early. Plus, they often know what's coming. There were lots of years where fans would get worked up because Favre struggled early.

....typically 'til like week 2 or 3 of the regular season. :lol: