PDA

View Full Version : First preseason game - online viewing/listening options

falco
08-05-2009, 06:41 PM
I will be travelling for the first preseason game and will be out of state. I am planning on being in a hotel with wireless internet access. Can anyone give me some ideas on how I might be able to watch, or at a minimum, listen to the game online?

BallHawk
08-05-2009, 07:00 PM
Justin TV is probably your best bet. It's a free live stream coming from people who live in the broadcast area. Quality isn't the best in the world, but it's definitely viewable and better than any "gamecenter".

falco
08-05-2009, 07:06 PM
Thanks ballhawk...any specific way I would find the game? Just search for packers?

red
08-05-2009, 07:10 PM
i think, but i'm not possitive. that the wtmj website broadcasts preseason games streaming live

i think its the regular season when they start to cut the broadcast off after pregame

VegasPackFan
08-05-2009, 10:22 PM
I remember that last year the GB station that had the coverage streamed live for any one to watch. Otherwise Justin Tv is your best shot.

BallHawk
08-05-2009, 10:44 PM
Thanks ballhawk...any specific way I would find the game? Just search for packers?

The search function on the site can be kinda iffy, so just go to sports, then nfl, and then just browse through the stuff. I mean, it's the NFL, there can only be a certain number of games going on. It should be pretty easy to find the preseason game.

Now, trying to find a soccer match on there......completely different story :shock:

pasquale
08-05-2009, 11:27 PM
These are two options i've used before. I know that one of them has links to JustinTV, can't remember which one.

http://myp2p.eu/

http://channelsurfing.net/

mission
08-05-2009, 11:47 PM
Us out of staters really have the online TV thing figured out... Justin tv and Channel Surfing were the big ones last year but for other events (lately) I've noticed ustream.tv being the much more stable and popular solution. You can always find a stream of just about everything on that site now.

Packerforums.com usually has all the information (where to login, with what password, etc) the day of the game. It'd be nice if someone here with a decent connection could stream the local game and we could keep it private just for the Rats. We'll have to try and make that happen come season time.

hoosier
08-06-2009, 05:50 AM
This site had reliable streaming for the first part of last season, but it became less reliable in second half. The NFL has been cracking down on streaming sites like justin.tv. If you can find a quality stream there, enjoy it while it lasts--because it won't last long.

http://24-7-nfl-live.blogspot.com/

MichiganPackerFan
08-06-2009, 08:11 AM
Does anyone have any ideas for out of state viewing? Do you get the games with Sunday Ticket? Does the NFL Network carry them? (This is my first year with each of them)

CaptainKickass
08-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Does anyone have any ideas for out of state viewing? Do you get the games with Sunday Ticket? Does the NFL Network carry them? (This is my first year with each of them)

The NFL network "re-broadcasts" the pre-season games.
The first one is being re-broadcast about 4 hours after the actual game starts if memory serves me.

The internet has secrets for viewing. I can't tell you or I'd hafta kill you.

Sunday Ticket is the best way if you can sport the coin for it.

Merlin
08-06-2009, 01:26 PM
I don't see any NFL Network games for the Packers this year, but can't they move certain games around based upon how big the game is?

MichiganPackerFan
08-06-2009, 01:43 PM

Considering the pros and cons of this one...

I signed up for Sunday Ticket because in the long run, it will cost me less than going to the bar every Sunday. Do they carry the preseason games?

CaptainKickass
08-06-2009, 01:57 PM

Considering the pros and cons of this one...

I signed up for Sunday Ticket because in the long run, it will cost me less than going to the bar every Sunday. Do they carry the preseason games?

1.I agree - Sunday Ticket, divided by the # of Packer games not nationally televised, multiplied by the average $ a guy spends at the bar to watch a Packer game = less total cost, and therefore a better deal.

2.I really wish The NFL/Direct TV would smarten up (get less dumb) and offer a streaming online subscription package.

3.While Direct TV/Sunday Ticket has an "exclusive" agreement with the NFL - it does not include broadcasting of pre-season games. (read: more stupidity)

4. If you get the NFL Network, you should be able to find the "re-broadcasts" on their guide and set your VCR/DVR/TIVO to record it at what will amount to something like Midnight-3am start time the day AFTER each of the pre-season games are actually played.

Hope that helps.

MichiganPackerFan
08-06-2009, 03:31 PM
1.I agree - Sunday Ticket, divided by the # of Packer games not nationally televised, multiplied by the average $ a guy spends at the bar to watch a Packer game = less total cost, and therefore a better deal.

2.I really wish The NFL/Direct TV would smarten up (get less dumb) and offer a streaming online subscription package.

3.While Direct TV/Sunday Ticket has an "exclusive" agreement with the NFL - it does not include broadcasting of pre-season games. (read: more stupidity)

4. If you get the NFL Network, you should be able to find the "re-broadcasts" on their guide and set your VCR/DVR/TIVO to record it at what will amount to something like Midnight-3am start time the day AFTER each of the pre-season games are actually played.

Hope that helps.

Certainly. The plan has been set in motion. At least with preseason games, watching it live doesn't matter as much, because the game result doesn't matter at all. You can still see how players and units function and then bitch, I mean talk, about them here!

pbmax
08-06-2009, 06:05 PM
You know, if you have a friendly or lax Neighborhood Association (or none at all) you might be able to pick up an old, large satellite dish cheap. Then the Packers have you covered:

From Packers.com:

All of the Packers' four preseason contests will be aired state-wide on WFRV, the Official Packers Station. If you happen to live out of the state, you can still watch coverage via satellite: Digital Ku-Band satellite on AMC 1 (103° West), transponder 18 (DL Freq 12060.0V) .

rbaloha1
08-09-2009, 06:49 PM
You know, if you have a friendly or lax Neighborhood Association (or none at all) you might be able to pick up an old, large satellite dish cheap. Then the Packers have you covered:

From Packers.com:

All of the Packers' four preseason contests will be aired state-wide on WFRV, the Official Packers Station. If you happen to live out of the state, you can still watch coverage via satellite: Digital Ku-Band satellite on AMC 1 (103° West), transponder 18 (DL Freq 12060.0V) .

Is WFRV streaming the games?