PDA

View Full Version : TE Tory Humphrey Breaks Arm

Brando19
08-06-2009, 09:32 PM
From http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/index.shtml

Tight end Tory Humphrey broke his forearm Thursday morning and will have surgery.

Coach Mike McCarthy said team doctor Pat McKenzie was unsure whether the injury would be season ending.

This sucks. I hope it's not a season ending injury...he's got some talent.

Chevelle2
08-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Thats a shame. If he is placed on IR, he doesn't count against the 52 right?

Mike Vick anyone?

:D

Brando19
08-06-2009, 10:07 PM
Thats a shame. If he is placed on IR, he doesn't count against the 52 right?

Mike Vick anyone?

:D

:lol:

I don't think that would be a bad idea. I don't think Vick should be brought in with any chance of winning the starting job (rodgers has been through enough!) but we could start the wildcat. Bring Vick in for certain plays...don't cut any of the current QB's...and let's trick the hell out of some defenses.

BallHawk
08-06-2009, 10:24 PM
The Curse of PackerRats strikes.....

Lurker64
08-06-2009, 10:43 PM
I don't think that would be a bad idea. I don't think Vick should be brought in with any chance of winning the starting job (rodgers has been through enough!) but we could start the wildcat. Bring Vick in for certain plays...don't cut any of the current QB's...and let's trick the hell out of some defenses.

I don't think that anybody is suggesting Vick be brought in to compete with Rodgers, I think those in favor of bringing in Vick see him as a better alternative at backup to Rodgers than either Brohm or Flynn in case the backup has to play anything more than a few plays, as well as a toy for the mad genius McCarthy to design plays around.

Ultimately, I think the decision should come down to McCarthy, based on how willing he is to rework his offense to make room for Vick's unique talents.

Bretsky
08-07-2009, 07:22 AM

Can you set up Ruvell Martin for our next interview ? :lol:

SkinBasket
08-07-2009, 07:27 AM

Anyone got a cousin's best friend's sister who can set us up with some time with Cutler? Or Peterson?

BallHawk
08-07-2009, 09:18 AM

No, but I could set up interviews with Brett Swain, Patrick Williams, Kole Heckendorf, JaRon Harris, and Jake Allen. :twisted:

Fritz
08-07-2009, 10:01 AM
Yup. Curse of Packerrats. Mad said Humphrey was a great guy, too. A shame for him.

This leads me to a couple of questions: I heard on the radio in Detroit that the Lions signed the tight end from Michigan, Carson Butler.

What happened to him in Green Bay? Did he ever get on the field or did they cut him because he got hurt alot? When did they cut him, anyway? Did he show anything when he was here.

Also, for those of you advocating signing Vick: what do you propose to do with the other two backup QB's? Which one will you cut or trade for a fifth round pick or whatever you'd get?

Harlan Huckleby
08-07-2009, 10:54 AM
I think more people would admire the Packers for bringing in Vick than would hate them for it. It's not like they would be desperately signing Vick to bail them out at the QB position. Vick makes the team better. Sign him for three years and you can always trade him next year when the heat dies down.

Scott Campbell
08-07-2009, 10:55 AM

Where the heck have you been BallHawk?

MadScientist
08-07-2009, 11:02 AM
It sounded like he was on the bubble before breaking his arm, so he'll be getting a lot more cash than he may have otherwise earned.

BallHawk
08-07-2009, 09:23 PM

Browsing, for the most part. I (like some others) didn't feel like interjecting myself into the same circular Favre arguments that were taking up the time between the draft and training camp. I still checked the site daily, but didn't feel the need to clog the forum with another Favre opinion. Not to mention the fact that the forum became unusually hostile for a period of time. Didn't like that.

Good news, though, is that training camp is in full swing and things are now getting interesting. Can now start talking about players on our team, thankfully.

woodbuck27
08-10-2009, 08:33 AM

Browsing, for the most part. I (like some others) didn't feel like interjecting myself into the same circular Favre arguments that were taking up the time between the draft and training camp. I still checked the site daily, but didn't feel the need to clog the forum with another Favre opinion. Not to mention the fact that the forum became unusually hostile for a period of time. Didn't like that.

Good news, though, is that training camp is in full swing and things are now getting interesting. Can now start talking about players on our team, thankfully.

The tensions seem to come to forums ordinarily (inspite of the Favre stuff) because of the long off season period between the draft and TC.

Welcome back BallHawk. :D

Fritz
08-10-2009, 08:38 AM
Maybe lots of posters just get antsy between the draft and TC.