PDA

View Full Version : Peter Schrager's View of 2010 Super Bowl Contenders

oregonpackfan
08-09-2009, 11:10 AM
Peter Schrager lists his opinions on the top 8 NFL teams predicted to have a shot for this season's Super Bowl:

http://www.comcast.net/articles/sports-nfl/20090807/Peter-Schrager-NFL-Favorites/

Fritz
08-09-2009, 11:47 AM
And the Packers are nowhere to be found on the list of contenders. Good.

I know after the latest Favre ending the ESPN bobbleheads immediately proclaimed da Bears da NFC North champs.

woodbuck27
08-09-2009, 10:58 PM
I'm a little surprized he's so high on Philly. There's the Pats again and it seems getting stronger.

Bretsky
08-10-2009, 06:44 AM
nearly all media is pretty high on Phily; they had a great off season solidifying a OL through free agency and then drafting some weapons for McNabb

retailguy
08-10-2009, 08:32 AM
nearly all media is pretty high on Phily; they had a great off season solidifying a OL through free agency and then drafting some weapons for McNabb

Free agency? Oh hell, that'll NEVER work. :wink:

pbmax
08-10-2009, 08:39 AM

Two of their guys on the OLine are injured (including one of the FA guys, I think, out for the season) and they are talking about bringing Jon Runyan back.

retailguy
08-10-2009, 08:59 AM

Two of their guys on the OLine are injured (including one of the FA guys, I think, out for the season) and they are talking about bringing Jon Runyan back.

Um. Well. What I've read seems to indicate that the largest problem with the OL in Philly is Shawn Andrews who was a draft pick. Stacy Andrews is still banged up from offseason surgery, and no one that I've read is predicting that Jason Peters will miss any actual game time once the season starts.

If they're talking about Runyon, which I haven't heard, then they must be talking about that for depth as they're quite high on the steps that Winston Justice has taken in the offseason, and they're forecasting him as a potential fill-in for Shawn Andrews at RT if he is still out due to his emotional problems.

But, hey, you can distort my attempt at humor if you want to...

pbmax
08-10-2009, 10:11 AM

Um. Well. What I've read seems to indicate that the largest problem with the OL in Philly is Shawn Andrews who was a draft pick. Stacy Andrews is still banged up from offseason surgery, and no one that I've read is predicting that Jason Peters will miss any actual game time once the season starts.

If they're talking about Runyon, which I haven't heard, then they must be talking about that for depth as they're quite high on the steps that Winston Justice has taken in the offseason, and they're forecasting him as a potential fill-in for Shawn Andrews at RT if he is still out due to his emotional problems.

But, hey, you can distort my attempt at humor if you want to...
Didn't mean to distort your sense of humor, sorry that I stepped on it.

And I did get my ACL injuries confused. Stacy Andrews' occurred in December last year with the Bengals and he is apparently back practicing at RG. His brother is out with a back problem. But the Eagles are downplaying it and being vague, so some are speculating its still the emotional issue from last year, but he was not a new signing as you caught.

Jason Peters missed time with a hamstring/quad injury, but was back at practice Sunday. So things are not quite as dire as my first memory of it, though they did lose their left guard to an ankle injury (no prognosis given).

The new ACL injury that I thought took out Stacy Andrews this camp actually belonged to their linebacker Stewart Bradley.

mngolf19
08-10-2009, 10:54 AM
For the Vikes he's worried about the loss of Sharper and Birk. Well I'm not and the Vikes aren't either so :p~

Dabaddestbear
08-10-2009, 01:06 PM
And the Packers are nowhere to be found on the list of contenders. Good.

I know after the latest Favre ending the ESPN bobbleheads immediately proclaimed da Bears da NFC North champs.
What? They ate their brain food for once?!!
Smart Pick. 8-)

Lurker64
08-10-2009, 01:11 PM
Nobody has any clue who is a superbowl contender at this time of year.

How many comparable lists had the Cardinals last year? Would anybody who follows the NFL be surprised if a team, like the Cardinals, comes out of practically nowhere and makes the superbowl?