PDA

View Full Version : PETA takes on Ronald McDonald

Kiwon
08-11-2009, 01:32 AM
The ends always justify the means with these people

"Mommy, why is Ronald McDonald holding a bloody knife?" - "He's teaching children to be kind to animals." :roll:
.................................................. ....................................

http://www.foxnews.com/images/551596/0_61_081009_unhappymeal.jpg

PETA's Bloody 'Unhappy Meals' Making Parents Angry

"Unhappy Meals" featuring a knife-wielding Ronald McDonald and bloody rubber chickens are upsetting parents who say the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals are unfairly targeting their kids at McDonald's restaurants across the country.

PETA's "McCruelty Campaign" has ruffled the feathers of moms and dads in Albany who say they don't want their kids exposed to any throat-slitting chickens or pictures of slaughtered poultry.

"I don't want my son to be around something like this. This is not fair for a child," Stephaine Gipson told FOX23 News in Albany.

"I think it's unhappy that they target children," said parent Michelle Natale.

But the animal rights activists say kids are jaded enough by television and video games to handle the carnographic images, and intend to continue their campaign pressuring McDonald's to use more humane means of killing chickens.

"I think children and adults deserve to be told the truth — and that's that behind Ronald McDonald's smile is cruelty to animals," said PETA spokeswoman Lindsay Rajt.

Rajt said most parents are usually troubled by what PETA calls McDonald's cruel treatment of chickens, and said that kids who "naturally empathize" with animals enjoy PETA's presence outside the Golden Arches.

"Kids are usually very excited to see the free T-shirts and they like our person in the chicken constume," Rajt said, referring either to the furry, friendly chick that visits some chains, or the full-grown fowl with murder in its eyes.

A representative for McDonald's defended the franchise, saying it supports the use of a stunning technique that numbs its chickens before they are slaughtered.

"McDonald's works with leading independent animal welfare experts and makes decisions based upon science to promote continuous improvement in animal welfare as part of our broader sustainable supply chain initiatives," said Bob Langert, McDonald's vice president of corporate social responsibility, in a statement to the blog Slashfood.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,538821,00.html?test=latestnews

Tarlam!
08-11-2009, 02:24 AM
In my previous career I visited a bunch of plants that produce food items for McDonald's. Some of my best friends are McD QA managers that are responsible from "farm to fingers".

I also took part in the Sweeney Award training McD offer(modelled on the Baldridge Award) and their Social Accountability training twice.

McDonald's is a model enterprise and I am proud of my previous association with them and a happy McDonald's consumer.

Kiwon
08-11-2009, 06:51 AM
In my previous career I visited a bunch of plants that produce food items for McDonald's. Some of my best friends are McD QA managers that are responsible from "farm to fingers".

I also took part in the Sweeney Award training McD offer(modelled on the Baldridge Award) and their Social Accountability training twice.

McDonald's is a model enterprise and I am proud of my previous association with them and a happy McDonald's consumer.

Chicken Killer!! You've got feathers on your hands! :)

MichiganPackerFan
08-11-2009, 07:30 AM

Chicken Killer!! You've got feathers on your hands! :)

"Animal cruelty" has never been more delicious.

Seriously though, McDonald's dramatically changed the way they processed their burger, it's not unreasonable for them to examine the poultry process. But PETA needs to modify their tactic away from the scary-ass-clown method. They have no basis to push "ethics" unless they first implement them themselves. From the looks of it, they may have also plagiarized Stephen King.

Tarlam!
08-11-2009, 08:26 AM
There's a group of conservationists that go to work under the name "The Natural Step". http://www.naturalstep.org/

They are the real deal when it comes to supporting "Land Rights for Gay Whales"*** type issues, except they don't ignore economical facts at the expense of ecological facts. They fully understand that to instantly correct the mess our fathers, grandfathers and we have left/are leaving our kids, grand kids and great grandkids to clean up, we would, in fact, cause the termination of the livelihoods of 90% of the world's population, drive 95% into poverty and cause WW III, which will probably leave only 1% of the current population as survivors, along with cockroaches.

Since it is a known fact that Ethnic Chinese and Indians/Pakistanis/Sri Lankans/Bangladeschese equate to over 3/5 of the world's population, odds are, most Packer fans wouldn't survive PETA, Green Peace and other militant groupings, no matter how well-meaning gaining ultimate political power and implementing their collective agendas. Cockroaches, however, would.

The Natural Step are all about a creating a sustainable future without the militancy that would consequentially destroy the present, if that militancy took control. I got a lot out of listening to a coupla presentations by some members.

***Growing up in Sydney in the 70's, the key issues people protested for were Gay Rights, Save the Whales, Aboriginal Land Rights. I have no idea who coined the phrase, but it came to be a slogan to ridicule militant protesters and extremists of any creed, religion or colour.

MadScientist
08-11-2009, 12:35 PM
Crap. I don't like McDonald's food, but PETA raising a stink about them makes me feel like I should eat there.

mraynrand
08-11-2009, 03:16 PM
From the looks of it, they may have also plagiarized Stephen King.

"They ALL float down here. When you're down here with us, you'll float too!"

http://thehorrorgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/pennywise-300x225.jpg

MichiganPackerFan
08-11-2009, 03:23 PM
From the looks of it, they may have also plagiarized Stephen King.

"They ALL float down here. When you're down here with us, you'll float too!"

http://thehorrorgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/pennywise-300x225.jpg

Never saw the movie, but that was one of the best books I ever read! Probably been about 15 years since I read it (took about 3 weeks: couldn't set it down), but I may have to go through it again!

mraynrand
08-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Never read IT, but saw enough of the TV thing that it creeped me out. Never liked clowns in the first place...

But The Shining (the book) was more frightening....

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Freak Out
08-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Randspam! Stop it!

MichiganPackerFan
08-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Never read IT, but saw enough of the TV thing that it creeped me out. Never liked clowns in the first place...

But The Shining (the book) was more frightening....

(I'll refrain from quoting the whole thing!)

The Shining is one I haven't read, but I did see it. I probably have read 17-20 different ones though. The Dark Tower is what I'm working on now.

MJZiggy
08-11-2009, 06:41 PM
This is why I hate PETA. It's not up to them to decide when children are jaded enough for ANY types of images much less the crap they're handing to children. My kid didn't watch television and the most violent video game he plays to this day is Lego Star Wars. (ok maybe Worms World Party)

You wanna protest something, protest. But leave the kids OUT of it. You'll lose more sympathy than you'll gain using people's kids like that.

Kiwon
08-11-2009, 07:37 PM
This is why I hate PETA. It's not up to them to decide when children are jaded enough for ANY types of images much less the crap they're handing to children.

In a similiar vein, this is why conservative parents reject the "they are going to have sex anyway" approach to sex education.

The government and special interest groups must recognize the inherit authority, responsibility that parents possess to instill values and raise their own children.

MJZiggy
08-11-2009, 09:02 PM
This is why I hate PETA. It's not up to them to decide when children are jaded enough for ANY types of images much less the crap they're handing to children.

In a similiar vein, this is why conservative parents reject the "they are going to have sex anyway" approach to sex education.

The government and special interest groups must recognize the inherit authority, responsibility that parents possess to instill values and raise their own children.

Yes, but with sex ed, you find out about it ahead and have the option of keeping your kid out of it. This doesn't sound like they were asking first before shoving this stuff in kids' faces.

Kiwon
08-11-2009, 09:37 PM
The bottom line is that with special interest groups like PETA their claim to fame is shock advertising and street theater tactics.

They know that the bulk of their message won't stand on its on merits and will never be generally accepted so they rely upon the extreme to get noticed. They care as much about notoriety as they do the animals.

HowardRoark
08-11-2009, 10:06 PM
They should just stick with naked chicks. Or something.

http://ronniedigital.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/eva-mendes-peta-fur.jpg

http://maaadddog.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/peta-campaign-logo-7809811.jpg

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/7042/peta01vz3.jpg

http://thezaz.nationallampoon.com/files/2009/07/vegeterian.jpg

http://maaadddog.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/peta.jpg

MJZiggy
08-12-2009, 05:42 PM
The bottom line is that with special interest groups like PETA their claim to fame is shock advertising and street theater tactics.

They know that the bulk of their message won't stand on its on merits and will never be generally accepted so they rely upon the extreme to get noticed. They care as much about notoriety as they do the animals.

Precisely.

Freak Out
08-12-2009, 05:49 PM

Precisely.

They would be better served having large signs/posters/pictures of actual slaughterhouse and industrial farm conditions....but most don't care anyway because the food is cheap and plentiful.

PETA is free to express their opinion just like we all are though.

How did sex ed get brought in to this"? Oh Kiwon........got it.

MJZiggy
08-12-2009, 07:09 PM
I don't have a problem with them expressing their opinions. It's about them targeting the consumers of happy meals--little kids with those types of images. And without consideration for the parents. My kid outgrew happy meals when he was about 6-7--so who do you think they're giving frightening, knife wielding clowns (the stuff of nightmares) images to?

Freak Out
08-12-2009, 08:00 PM
I don't have a problem with them expressing their opinions. It's about them targeting the consumers of happy meals--little kids with those types of images. And without consideration for the parents. My kid outgrew happy meals when he was about 6-7--so who do you think they're giving frightening, knife wielding clowns (the stuff of nightmares) images to?

I see what looks to be a hamburger box just like Macs puts any burger in...except it has a knife wielding psycho clown on it. :) I don't see anything that looks like a happy meal anywhere in the picture.....of course I have never had a happy meal. :lol:

My children helped me butcher large animals growing up..moose , caribou, black tail and other creatures from the land and sea and they are fine and as far as I know and never had nightmares (one is a vegan now though)...I was the knife wielding psycho on those boxs....