PDA

View Full Version : Harrell with back spasms?

Spaulding
08-11-2009, 12:23 PM
Say it ain't so. Anybody else hear this and if so how bad?

wist43
08-11-2009, 12:26 PM
I'd be shocked if it wasn't true :lol:

MadScientist
08-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Bad enough to keep him out for a while now. Sigh. Flashes of talent, but his body just won't hold up. Makes you think that maybe humans aren't supposed to be 300+ pounds and running into other 300+ pound people.

pbmax
08-11-2009, 01:20 PM
McCarthy mentioned it after Harrell was absent this morning. Back spasms as an injury are so vague, I would be stunned if it wasn't all part of the same injury. Its hard to see how this works out into consistent playing time.

Spaulding
08-11-2009, 01:48 PM
I wonder if this might force the Packers front office a little on getting Raji signed for camp. Hard to think they would be happy with starting line of Jenkins/Pickett/Jolly with no proven depth and Jolly's fate still up in the air.

pittstang5
08-11-2009, 08:34 PM
I just read this:

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20090811/PKR01/90811132/1058

Seems this year of TC, I'm more pissed about injuries than I am concerned. Harrell's probably out for who knows how long...Mathew's damn hamstring keeps flaring up. Jackson and Wynn with their issues. Jolly's been out for a week plus. Thompson has a groin issue. Seems like DLineman and OLBs can't stay on the field.

I wasn't too concerned about Raji getting to camp on time (honestly thought he'd be signed by now), because of some of the depth the Packers had - plus I wanted to see how Harrell and Jolly would do as DEs. Now with the injuries that keep occurring, I hope Raji gets here ASAP.

Oh wait...Aren't Vonnie Holliday and...oh...was it Kevin Carter that the Pack might have been interested in, still available.

Bretsky
08-11-2009, 10:00 PM
I just read this:

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20090811/PKR01/90811132/1058

Seems this year of TC, I'm more pissed about injuries than I am concerned. Harrell's probably out for who knows how long...Mathew's damn hamstring keeps flaring up. Jackson and Wynn with their issues. Jolly's been out for a week plus. Thompson has a groin issue. Seems like DLineman and OLBs can't stay on the field.

I wasn't too concerned about Raji getting to camp on time (honestly thought he'd be signed by now), because of some of the depth the Packers had - plus I wanted to see how Harrell and Jolly would do as DEs. Now with the injuries that keep occurring, I hope Raji gets here ASAP.

Oh wait...Aren't Vonnie Holliday and...oh...was it Kevin Carter that the Pack might have been interested in, still available.

you must be reading the Bikini Gal's thoughts :!: :lol:

SnakeLH2006
08-12-2009, 01:14 AM
To topic...WTF. Ain't surprising. Are U serious? I hope not.

Lurker64
08-12-2009, 02:57 AM
Someone call the acupuncturist! The Packers should get one on staff...

It worked the first time, right?

th87
08-12-2009, 03:15 AM
Man, do I feel bad for this guy.

He's a hard worker with a great attitude who just can't seem to stay healthy. Bad luck.

And not only that - because of the media, he's thought of as some lazy slob. This myth has been perpetuated ever since the media needed some fodder for TT's picking of an unforeseen player.

If there was justice in this world, he'd come back healthy, play lights out, and proceed to shut all his detractors up. One can only hope.

packrulz
08-12-2009, 06:17 AM
I think it might be overblown, lots of guys get back spasms in TC. I'm hoping he just needs to rest a bit.

rbaloha1
08-12-2009, 10:57 AM
I think it might be overblown, lots of guys get back spasms in TC. I'm hoping he just needs to rest a bit.

Hope your right. But given JH's back history maybe not.

Tarlam!
08-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Somewhere, Rock Gullickson is saying "Karma is a beatch!!!"

Patler
08-12-2009, 12:00 PM

Is it "karma" if Gullickson was "responsible" for the initial back injury?
...and what did Harrell do or not do to deserve this?

Tarlam!
08-12-2009, 12:16 PM

Is it "karma" if Gullickson was "responsible" for the initial back injury?
...and what did Harrell do or not do to deserve this?

Rock was canned at the end of last season only after receiving lots of flack for the back strain that sidelined Harrell. Was it Rock's fault? I bet he would tell you "no".

Harrell was/is the injured, but my comment was aimed more at the people (M3) who canned him in the first place after rebuilding the whole weight room with much fanfare in M3's rookie year.

HarveyWallbangers
08-13-2009, 07:57 PM

I'm with you here.

KYPack
08-14-2009, 03:31 PM

I'm with you here.

Carter has worked out with NE.

He has stated if they don't sign him, he'll retire.

I'd take Vonnie Holliday. Vonnie is a poster child for the new era NFL player contracts. EVERY time he was supposed to get the fat end of his contract, he got cut. In spite of that, he's played hard at every place he's been.

All that said, I severely doubt GB will sign him.

woodbuck27
08-16-2009, 07:34 PM

He needs to rest a bit more?

Gunakor
08-17-2009, 05:37 AM

He needs to rest a bit more?

He hasn't been simply resting these past 2 seasons, if that's what you are implying here. By all reported accounts, Harrell has been working furiously to try and get healthy and on the field again. I don't know where the "lazy" label comes from that so many want to attribute to him. The kid's a hard worker, maybe too hard to quickly coming off injury. So Packrulz could be right, and he may just need to take it easy for a while. Here's hoping that's the case, because we could really use him on our line this year.