PDA

View Full Version : Stallworth suspended for a year.

Patler
08-13-2009, 07:26 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d811dbe22&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Heard some comments from Stallworth. He said something to the effect that nothing the NFL does can make him feel any worse than he does already. He said he wakes up every day thinking about it.

He is devastated by what happened.

Tarlam!
08-13-2009, 09:01 PM
Tar respects what Snakey says, but Tar can't be too hard on Stallworth after having read Skinbaskets comments on the subject.

Tarlam!
08-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Test.

Tarlam!
08-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Test.

Tarlam!
08-13-2009, 09:14 PM
OK. This is weird. I'm posting on this thread backwards in time.

CaptainKickass
08-14-2009, 12:50 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d811dbe22&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Heard some comments from Stallworth. He said something to the effect that nothing the NFL does can make him feel any worse than he does already. He said he wakes up every day thinking about it.

He is devastated by what happened.

Sometimes, a man needs a swift kick in the (metaphorical) balls to remind him that he's alive and sort of re-orient his life compass.

I'm pretty damn sure that Stallworth is WAY beyond what I just described.

The ball is in his court though. What choices he makes with his time, his life, and how he contributes to society and functions within it, have all changed permanently.

I hope he finds an avenue to deal with his emotions. If I'm him, I start volunteering some time and/or money to help those who haven't yet had a kick as swift as the one he got.

SnakeLH2006
08-14-2009, 01:02 AM
Tar respects what Snakey says, but Tar can't be too hard on Stallworth after having read Skinbaskets comments on the subject.

Vick killed some dogs heinously, and that sucked, but Dante killed a human being with his negligence. That takes precedence.

Trust me. Snake don't regret much, but in Dante's shoes, esp. at 30 days time served...I'd be feeling pretty frickin' down and pretty guilty about it all.

For real though, Dante, man, I'd hate to be in his shoes. Snake isn't too religious, but Karma is a bitch. I truly believe you get what's coming to you. I'd hate to live life in his shoes, even with his millions. That just sux for his family and the dude he killed. But he made his choice to drive all wasted. Driving wasted and killing some dude is not an accident no matter how you spin it....It's a choice. A very, very poor one that ended tragically for some guy. That...is sad.

It might be hard for Goodell to ban him for much more than a year, when Leanord Little got less for a more heinous DWI fatality some years ago IMO. Ban those mofos for life. You just killed someone!