PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick has a team!!!!!!!!

Brando19
08-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Vick signed with the EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gbgary
08-13-2009, 07:41 PM
he'll be a weapon...not the qb...for a while at least.

steve823
08-13-2009, 07:48 PM
haha a classy guy signed wit ha classy organization. not

gbpackfan
08-13-2009, 07:50 PM
Eagles already have a photo for their website.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/mvick2008mug1.html

Brando19
08-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Just heard that Vick chose the Eagles over another organization.....could it be the Pack?

gbpackfan
08-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Wow, Eagles fans are super sensitive already. I got banned in 30 seconds from an Eagles' forum because I called Vick a Psychotic Dog Killer. Geesh, I was way off base I guess. :shock: :D

Rastak
08-13-2009, 08:51 PM

You sound real excited.....ummmmmm, why? The dude was extremely average the 2 years before we found out his sicker side. He hasn't played for two years since. If you are expecting fireworks I think you'll be disappointed.....I could be wrong and feel free to bump this thread.

Rastak
08-13-2009, 08:54 PM
Wow, Eagles fans are super sensitive already. I got banned in 30 seconds from an Eagles' forum because I called Vick a Psychotic Dog Killer. Geesh, I was way off base I guess. :shock: :D

What possesed you to go there, to be a troll?

If he signed with the Packers, would you post the same?

Brando19
08-13-2009, 08:57 PM

You sound real excited.....ummmmmm, why? The dude was extremely average the 2 years before we found out his sicker side. He hasn't played for two years since. If you are expecting fireworks I think you'll be disappointed.....I could be wrong and feel free to bump this thread.

Ummmm...because. It's Michael Vick and it's not that I'm real excited...I wanted him in a Packer uniform. It's just that it's breaking news and it's a pretty big deal unless you live under a rock. I'm not an Eagle fan at all...but I hope he helps the Eagles destroy the Cowgirls... actually...I expect him to make some plays this year. Vick will be packaged in some wildcat plays and will cause defenses to scratch their heads.
And you have to remember....it's the Eagles and McNabb...he is injured more than most players. Vick could have a shot at starting QB this year.

BEARMAN
08-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Well, Vick will NOT be wearing cheese on his head ! :shock:
Sorry guys, maybe Vick don't like cheese ? :P
Honestly, your team is better off without him.

Go BEARS Go

Brando19
08-13-2009, 09:19 PM
Well, Vick will NOT be wearing cheese on his head ! :shock:
Sorry guys, maybe Vick don't like cheese ? :P

Go BEARS Go

Maybe you're right...but it was exciting thinking of the possibility of running the wildcat with Vick. The Vikes will do it with Harvin and Vick could have been our guy. Oh well...I guess signing Raji is good enough for me today. Cutler better hope he has life insurance because the Packers are coming! :P

CaptainKickass
08-13-2009, 10:15 PM
At the risk of an echoing, dual, repetitive, redundancy:

Fuck Michael Vick.

BallHawk
08-13-2009, 11:31 PM
Wildcat = Wildly overrated

SnakeLH2006
08-14-2009, 02:41 AM
Honestly, your team is better off without Cutler.

Go BEARS Go

Tarlam!
08-14-2009, 03:10 AM

Go BEARS Go

Have you secretly been taking poster lessons from our Vikings fans posters?

Nice post and thanks for it. Personally, I find it an enrichment to have non Packer fans post here. Post as opposed to troll. PR is blessed to have Ras and "his" type post here.

@ Ras - get a haircut! :P

Harlan Huckleby
08-14-2009, 08:36 AM
Vick may not be a good choice for a team's starting QB, but lets not forget that he is still the most athletic kid on the playground. I won't be surprised if he makes a big contribution as a role player.

Zool
08-14-2009, 09:05 AM
Vick may not be a good choice for a team's starting QB, but lets not forget that he is still the most athletic kid on the playground. I won't be surprised if he makes a big contribution as a role player.

Don't you mean WAS the most athletic? 2 years older and 2 years without NFL training. He's not even the most athletic on his team now.

Partial
08-14-2009, 09:38 AM

Don't you mean WAS the most athletic? 2 years older and 2 years without NFL training. He's not even the most athletic on his team now.

I personally believe this is likely to the case as well, but I'm not ready to write it in ink yet. My guess is what he did in prison was probably lift weights a lot. He looks like he's in pretty good shape. I guess we'll know soon enough.

gbpackfan
08-14-2009, 09:58 AM

What possesed you to go there, to be a troll?

If he signed with the Packers, would you post the same?

Troll? That is the gayist online term ever. And if Vick would have signed with the Packers, I would have blasted him even harder. Just because you sign with a certain team, doesn't make you less of a turd. Vick is a POS, plain and simple.

GBRulz
08-14-2009, 10:01 AM
Ummmm...because. It's Michael Vick and it's not that I'm real excited...I wanted him in a Packer uniform.

Are you serious? If you think there was drama and distractions last year with Favre, it would be X10 with Vick here. You would have animal welfare organizations and people protesting at the practices and games, etc. It's not the kind of attention I would have thought any team would want.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's cut by the regular season anyhow.

Zool
08-14-2009, 10:08 AM
Ummmm...because. It's Michael Vick and it's not that I'm real excited...I wanted him in a Packer uniform.

Are you serious? If you think there was drama and distractions last year with Favre, it would be X10 with Vick here. You would have animal welfare organizations and people protesting at the practices and games, etc. It's not the kind of attention I would have thought any team would want.

I'd be very surprised if he was cut. He's getting $1.6mil this season. I won't be in the least bit shocked if he's cut before next season when he's due $5mil.

Patler
08-14-2009, 10:43 AM

I really don't think the protests will be that bad, but I guess we will find out soon. Vick has the NFL behind him, with Dungy as the point man advocating a second chance for Vick even before the protests start. The protesters haven't even shown up yet, and they already are being made to look like unforgiving people who do not believe a man can reform, who do not believe in giving someone a second chance. There will be protests, but I think they will be small and short lived.

My concern about Vick is whether he has truly changed, or if he is carrying out a well planned con to get back into the league. He is doing the right things and saying the right things to get those NFL paychecks. But when he again has lots of money and is on his own, will he revert to his former ways? It wasn't just dog fighting with him. Time will tell.

Freak Out
08-14-2009, 11:56 AM
My concern about Vick is whether he has truly changed, or if he is carrying out a well planned con to get back into the league. He is doing the right things and saying the right things to get those NFL paychecks. But when he again has lots of money and is on his own, will he revert to his former ways? It wasn't just dog fighting with him. Time will tell.

Adults who were doing the things Vick was doing just don't throw a switch and change from being a sadistic thug to a model citizen and I doubt Vick has really changed all that much.....he missed his freedom and money and wants it back and will do whatever it takes to get it. If that involves lying to the public then so be it....he's not the only person to take that path.

hoosier
08-14-2009, 12:46 PM

Adults who were doing the things Vick was doing just don't throw a switch and change from being a sadistic thug to a model citizen and I doubt Vick has really changed all that much.....he missed his freedom and money and wants it back and will do whatever it takes to get it. If that involves lying to the public then so be it....he's not the only person to take that path.

That may be, but if Vick stays away from dog fighting and blatant drug use I'm guessing he can still more or less continue to be a POS and things will be fine. He's not going to get cut, suspended or have his probation revoked for going to a strip club or for hanging around with hoodlums. Or are you saying that he won't be able to stay away from the verboten stuff for long?

SkinBasket
08-14-2009, 03:05 PM

Given his press conference statements, I'm guessing he hasn't changed much. How is a man supposed to change when he doesn't know what to change?

"For the life of me, I can't understand why I was involved in such pointless activity," Vick said. "Why did I risk so much at the pinnacle of my career?"

You would think his agent and PR people would have written this stuff for him already.

Brandon494
08-14-2009, 03:46 PM

Given his press conference statements, I'm guessing he hasn't changed much. How is a man supposed to change when he doesn't know what to change?

"For the life of me, I can't understand why I was involved in such pointless activity," Vick said. "Why did I risk so much at the pinnacle of my career?"

You would think his agent and PR people would have written this stuff for him already.

Whatever he didnt read off any paper and took any question afterwards. The guy was in year for 2 years, he had plenty of time to think about his actions. Doesn't really matter what he said some of you will never forgive him and thats fine, but he definitely just made Philly a better football team.

Patler
08-14-2009, 04:18 PM

Whatever he didnt read off any paper and took any question afterwards. The guy was in year for 2 years, he had plenty of time to think about his actions. Doesn't really matter what he said some of you will never forgive him and thats fine, but he definitely just made Philly a better football team.

Sure he made Philly better, but that doesn't earn forgiveness for him.
He will earn his forgiveness over time.

He isn't entitled to forgiveness for getting out of prison.
He isn't entitled to forgiveness for saying the right things.
He isn't entitled to forgiveness for doing the right things for a few months.

He will be entitled to forgiveness when he proves that he means what he says and means what he does.

Philly has taken little risk, about a million and a half for this season. Nothing guaranteed for next year. They are asking him to prove himself to them.

Once the league gave the "OK" for him to sign, it was a forgone conclusion that he would play again in the NFL. Whether he stays there or not is entirely up to him. I have doubts. I hope he proves my doubts to be unfounded.

Harlan Huckleby
08-14-2009, 05:00 PM
He will be entitled to forgiveness when he proves that he means what he says and means what he does.

We probably aren't ever going to know whether he has become a decent person, its just a guess from a distance. Donating time to the humane society is good sign, and it will help him as a person, but it doesn't prove anything.;

I'm a little unsatisfied when he says he "made bad judgements". His problem is so much more. "Bad judgements" are getting drunk and driving your dad's car into a tree, or stealing money from an employer. Torturing animals means he's got a deep sickness. He needs psychological or spiritual help and change.

I guess you don't get to explore some guy's inner world in a 20 minute news conference. But I'm sure he has made postive changes. He says he has learned from people's reaction that what he did was wrong. OK. But has he figured out why he as an adult man was cruel to a defenseless animal?

I totally agree with Vick's return. The NFL is not about having all players with decency inside, they just have to behave. Tony Dungy certainly took a risk and demonstrates what christianity is said to be.

Harlan Huckleby
08-14-2009, 05:04 PM

29 isn't that old. I bet he could still kick your ass.

MJZiggy
08-14-2009, 05:31 PM

Granted I didn't see the whole presser but that one little quote indicates to me that he hasn't changed nearly as much as folks are giving him credit for. He is only sorry to have been punished for what he did.

MOBB DEEP
08-14-2009, 05:52 PM
He is doing the right things and saying the right things to get those NFL paychecks.

which is a REAL frickn gangsta...DUH...

has anyone here ever lied or embelished their resume? thats real ganstaism in a capitalistic society...DUH

and if he HAS grown during this process those around him will be positively influenced; SCREW the fans and media types who dont interact with vick da great on a day-to-day basis...or kobe....

MOBB DEEP
08-14-2009, 05:56 PM
..he missed his freedom and money and wants it back and will do whatever it takes to get it. If that involves lying to the public then so be it....he's not the only person to take that path.

BINGO...

Patler
08-14-2009, 07:19 PM
He is doing the right things and saying the right things to get those NFL paychecks.

has anyone here ever lied or embelished their resume? thats real ganstaism in a capitalistic society...DUH

and if he HAS grown during this process those around him will be positively influenced; SCREW the fans and media types who dont interact with vick da great on a day-to-day basis...or kobe....

Did I say or imply that it was "gangsta", or even something evil in and of itself?

Why do you continually quote a small part of my posts out of context, and attempt to paint me in an inaccurate light? You have done this time and time again.

Bretsky
08-14-2009, 08:05 PM

How does anybody know if or how much he has grown. Screw Vick. I could care less who he ends up with as long as it's not a team that I support. Vick da prick can fly with the Eagles

Rastak
08-14-2009, 08:09 PM
I will say this, the commish let him back so be it. I wouldn't say I wish him well but I don't wish him ill if he's completely cleaned up his act. I doubt he's changed his stripes but we'll see.

Harlan Huckleby
08-14-2009, 09:22 PM
I doubt he's changed his stripes but we'll see.

How you gonna know? His problem was deep and personal.

Rastak
08-14-2009, 09:27 PM

I likely won't know if he has.....I may find out if he hasn't because he'll do something stupid. Either way, it's not a top priority to find it out. I hope he's a changed man, just listening to him I'm not sure. He may be, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Harlan Huckleby
08-14-2009, 09:28 PM
..he missed his freedom and money and wants it back and will do whatever it takes to get it. If that involves lying to the public then so be it....he's not the only person to take that path.

BINGO...

I don't think he was lying to the public. Everything he said in news conference seems perfectly true to me. All he apologized for was his stupid decision making. Who wouldn't regret such supidity? Sure he regrets the hurt he caused around him too.

The question in my mind is whether the coldness inside that allowed him to brutalize dogs has changed.

I don't think anybody other than a few people close to him will really know what kind of person he is now, so why sit in judgement reading tea leaves.

Rastak
08-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Good analysis HH. You nailed it.

SkinBasket
08-15-2009, 08:14 AM

How is it you know what his problems are when he doesn't? No one's "reading tea leaves." They're reading the accounts of him murdering animals, running an illegal gambling operation, and hosting dog fights. You want to forget that because he's served some time in prison and you assume he's a changed man for it, because prison has such a long and storied history of rehabilitating inmates I suppose. Others remember what he did, hear statements like those above, and assume nothing has changed because apparently he hasn't taken the time or made the effort to consider why he did what he did. Like I said before, kind of hard for a man to change when he doesn't know what or why to change.

Sure his behavior will change because he likes being a millionaire instead of a prisoner. The indications are he hasn't changed as a person, however. He wonders why he risked so much and severely damaged his career. He doesn't wonder why he liked murdering and causing pain to animals and engaging in other illegal activity. He's still the only one affected by this in his mind. A victim of himself. How contrite.

MichiganPackerFan
08-15-2009, 08:16 AM

I likely won't know if he has.....I may find out if he hasn't because he'll do something stupid. Either way, it's not a top priority to find it out. I hope he's a changed man, just listening to him I'm not sure. He may be, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Im with you there Ras

Harlan Huckleby
08-15-2009, 08:35 AM
No one's "reading tea leaves." They're reading the accounts of him murdering animals, running an illegal gambling operation, and hosting dog fights.

read my posts again, my child. then take a warm bubble bath and think about them. the "tea leaves" comment refered to his current demeanor. I agree with most of the rest of your post, especially about brother Vick's apparent lack of deeper reflection, but that doesn't mean he is lying or hasn't made some positive changes.

You need to continue to work on your anger issues.

SkinBasket
08-15-2009, 12:24 PM
You need to continue to work on your anger issues.

How about if I start by kicking you in the vagina?

BEARMAN
08-16-2009, 12:03 PM
Given his press conference statements, I'm guessing he ha

Sure he made Philly better, but that doesn't earn forgiveness for him.
He will earn his forgiveness over time.

He isn't entitled to forgiveness for getting out of prison.
He isn't entitled to forgiveness for saying the right things.
He isn't entitled to forgiveness for doing the right things for a few months.

Philly has taken little risk, about a million and a half for this season. Nothing guaranteed for next year. They are asking him to prove himself to them.

Once the league gave the "OK" for him to sign, it was a forgone conclusion that he would play again in the NFL. Whether he stays there or not is entirely up to him. I have doubts. I hope he proves my doubts to be unfounded.

You Sir are 110% correct !