PDA

View Full Version : Projected top 5 QB flops for 2009

oregonpackfan
08-16-2009, 01:35 PM
Mike Harmon projects 5 starting QB's who will flop for this upcoming season.

At least two of them will surprise you:

http://www.comcast.net/video/fantasy-fix-qb-flops/1216165867/Comcast/1215329322/

Bretsky
08-16-2009, 01:42 PM
I'd start with Cutler, Orton, Romo....then I'd have to think about them

Bretsky
08-16-2009, 01:49 PM

http://www.comcast.net/video/fantasy-fix-qb-flops/1216165867/Comcast/1215329322/

ok. for those who are not registered to the site who are they ?

oregonpackfan
08-16-2009, 02:30 PM

Sorry, Bretsky. I thought anyone with internet access could open this site.

He lists the biggest flops in order:

1. Tony Romo
2. Donovan McNabb
3. Matt Cassel
4. Petyton Manning
5. Jay Cutler

While I agree that Romo, Cassel, and Cutler may have tough years, no way to I believe McNabb and Peyton Manning will be flops. McNabb is still a very good QB and the Eagles are a solid team. How Micheal Vick will impact the team remains to be seen but the Eagles will still be successful with or without Vick.

While the Colts have lost Harrison, they still are a solid organization. Peyton Manning is still one of the best QB's in the NFL. I just find it difficult to think he will have a bad season, IMO.

Scott Campbell
08-16-2009, 03:30 PM
If I gave up two 1's a 3rd and Orton, I wouldn't appreciate the guy I bet the farm on being on that list.

MJZiggy
08-16-2009, 03:43 PM
That's what makes it so much fun....

Brandon494
08-16-2009, 04:46 PM

Sorry, Bretsky. I thought anyone with internet access could open this site.

1. Tony Romo
2. Donovan McNabb
3. Matt Cassel
4. Petyton Manning
5. Jay Cutler

While I agree that Romo, Cassel, and Cutler may have tough years, no way to I believe McNabb and Peyton Manning will be flops. McNabb is still a very good QB and the Eagles are a solid team. How Micheal Vick will impact the team remains to be seen but the Eagles will still be successful with or without Vick.

While the Colts have lost Harrison, they still are a solid organization. Peyton Manning is still one of the best QB's in the NFL. I just find it difficult to think he will have a bad season, IMO.

Whoever wrote that list has no idea what they are talking about. Peyton Manning flopping? give me a break

]{ilr]3
08-16-2009, 04:57 PM
I think its a good possibility Manning could flop.

No more Tony Dungy
No more Tom Moore
No more Marvin Harrison (granted he still has young top WR to throw to)

They always seem to be one injury away from winning or loosing. They have high paid elite talent surrounded by average players, they lose one and the dominoe effect happens.

If he has anouther Pro Bowl year, then we will know for sure it was all him and nobody else.

Partial
08-16-2009, 05:01 PM
Peyton flopping? What? That is just crazy talk. Peyton is too smart and too talented to flop. Even a bad year by his standards is pretty damn good.

pbmax
08-16-2009, 06:16 PM
{ilr]3]I think its a good possibility Manning could flop.

No more Tony Dungy
No more Tom Moore
No more Marvin Harrison (granted he still has young top WR to throw to)

They always seem to be one injury away from winning or loosing. They have high paid elite talent surrounded by average players, they lose one and the dominoe effect happens.

If he has anouther Pro Bowl year, then we will know for sure it was all him and nobody else.
Tom Moore returned as a consultant and said he had no plans to retire soon.

woodbuck27
08-16-2009, 06:22 PM

1. Tony Romo
2. Donovan McNabb
3. Matt Cassel
4. Peyton Manning
5. Jay Cutler

Peyton Manning is far too talented and has too much between the ears to be considered as a possible flop.

It seems many NFL experts are high on Donovan McNabb's chances to excell this season with a new cast of skilled players to use in the Eagles offensive attack. If those experts are wrong does that spell out flop and McNabb?

The Bears sold the farm to acquire Jay Cutler but does he have the WR's he needs to excell in Chicago? He has a fine RB (Forte) and a developing TE (Olsen) to help out. A skilled QB needs a supporting cast and I believe the Bears will surprize us.

This is a year that Tony Romo needs to show his best talents. He may be classified as a potential flop. Matt Cassel? What does he really have? The Chiefs arn't the Pat's. A bad team and coaching can make a good QB look ordinary to lousy.

How do we define a QB flop?

Waldo
08-16-2009, 07:50 PM
Brett Favre flopped in 2005. That season was an utter failure, even with the injuries, Favre played like trash. It happens. Practically every great QB has a terrible season some time in their mid 30's.

Bretsky
08-16-2009, 09:43 PM
MY THOUGHTS

1. Tony Romo--I can see this if Roy Williams does not step up his game
2. Donovan McNabb--Don't see this; Eagles have boosted their talent on offense and I think they are serious contenders to win it all
3. Matt Cassel--Lack of talent on the offensive side make this a good choice
4. Petyton Manning--Aging OL, not as much karma with the staff. No more Marvin. I still think he'll be above average and Donald Brown will help
5. Jay Cutler--Horrible Wide Receivers and OL make him another prime choice

Cheesehead Craig
08-17-2009, 08:30 AM
Losing Harrison is very overrated to say that Manning will flop. Harrison was injured most of 2007, and was no better than a #3 last year as he simply fell off the proverbial cliff but yet Manning threw for over 4000 yds each of those seasons and had QB ratings of 98 and 95.

Manning will be just fine. But I will agree with the earlier question, what is considered a flop season?

The Leaper
08-17-2009, 08:28 PM
Romo...yeah, I can see that. Too much pressure all around on that team this year...and the Giants and Eagles are damn good teams they will face 25% of the time.

Cassel...huh? The kid deserves more than one year on an awful team before you crucify him.

Cutler...um, hell yes. The curse of the Bear QB position is quite possibly greater than the Madden curse.

McNabb? No.

Manning? No.

Some of my personal favs? Ryan in ATL...soph jinx brings the kid back to earth. Rivers in SD...I think he'll do OK in reg season (that division is piss poor) but he'll bite donkey nuts in the postseason.

3irty1
08-18-2009, 03:36 AM
When McNabb flops it will be for the usual reason... injuries.

ThunderDan
08-18-2009, 07:50 AM
Some of my personal favs? Ryan in ATL...soph jinx brings the kid back to earth. Rivers in SD...I think he'll do OK in reg season (that division is piss poor) but he'll bite donkey nuts in the postseason.

I feel sorry for the donkey.

MOBB DEEP
08-18-2009, 01:48 PM
favre in top 5?

Scott Campbell
08-18-2009, 01:56 PM
favre in top 5?

If he doesn't get them to the Superbowl - yeah.