PDA

View Full Version : Best player on the Packers

Partial
08-16-2009, 05:03 PM
Who is the best player on the Packers and why?

Partial
08-16-2009, 05:48 PM
I'm debating between Woodson and Rodgers. Woodson is the most talented player in relation to his peers, but Rodgers is the most impactful player in the sense he is touching the ball every offensive play. Hmmm. Probably gotta go with Wood, though.

Chevelle2
08-16-2009, 05:50 PM
Woodson

/thread

Scott Campbell
08-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Now that he's healthy I think Jenkins is the best player on D, and Rodgers is the best player on O. Overall nod to Rodgers.

Harlan Huckleby
08-16-2009, 09:29 PM
Woodson because he is.

Brando19
08-16-2009, 10:23 PM
Woodson by far. Second place goes to Cullen Jenkins...followed by Kampman.

Tarlam!
08-16-2009, 10:58 PM
Kampmann, at least he was until they asked him to play a new position on defense.

Donald Driver on offense.

Both players haven't got a selfish bone in their body and accept whatever they are asked to do without making a big deal of it in the press. They are the true leaders of the team.

Woodson is a heck of a player, an asset, a true professional. I guess the reason I vote for the other guys is his first pre-season after his signing with the Pack. I don't question his work ethic, but he decided to work out alone that year.

I guess I am evaluating "career so far" when I omit A-Rod from my nominations. But I'm a fan of his.

bobblehead
08-16-2009, 11:06 PM
Now that he's healthy I think Jenkins is the best player on D, and Rodgers is the best player on O. Overall nod to Rodgers.

I'm backing this one. He is 300+ and moves like a linebacker. If only he could stay healthy.......

Woodson is the most productive though.

Waldo
08-17-2009, 02:10 AM
Jenkins.

His talents are special. Players like him are few and far between. He is Jared Allen and Kevin Williams in one man.

Rodgers is a close 2nd.

Spaulding
08-17-2009, 08:12 AM
I temper my choice based on their eventual outcome. Recently it's been Woodson in my eyes but Rodgers play last year and my assumption that he's going to have another good season forces me to say him.

If he turns out half as good as the short career he's shown this far, the Packers have captured lightning in a bottle twice in a row now at QB.

sheepshead
08-17-2009, 08:50 AM
Rodgers followed closely by Jennings.

For what I think they will do this year and beyond.

DonHutson
08-17-2009, 04:31 PM
How do we really know how good Jenkins is? All we've got are a few tantalizing glimpses in the brief windows when he was both completely healthy and playing DE.

I would agree that he has the potential to be very good, but it's all based on theory at this point.

Woodson, Jennings, Kampman, Collins, Driver, Rodgers, Harris and maybe even Pickett and Barnett have shown more than Jenkins in terms of actual production. If Jenkins can stay healthy and play a whole season that lives up to the potential of his best moments, I will gladly put him in that group.