ND72
08-17-2009, 09:37 AM
Brett Favre going to the Vikings....

Scott Campbell
08-17-2009, 09:54 AM
There's no news here. Move along.

MichiganPackerFan
08-17-2009, 10:07 AM
Couldn't believe it when I saw it on the shelf in the grocery store. Anyone tried this? Not sure I could...

http://static.dossy.org/images/heinz_spotted_dick_640x480.jpg

hoosier
08-17-2009, 12:59 PM
Dick in a can, mmmmmm. Can't believe your supermarket is charging almost 6 bucks for 10oz. That's outrageous. Hell, you can get a six pack of canned dick on Amazon for $23!

I can't vouch for Heinz Spotted Dick and my guess is that it probably isn't very good. If you really want to do spotted dick right, you have to go to England and try the real thing, not the canned simulation. And trust me, if you can eat a real English dinner and live to tell about it, the spotted dick will taste very good in comparison.

This reminds me of a joke I heard a long time ago about dogs and their eating habits. Two dogs are eating shit. One of them says to the other, "this is some good shit." "Yeah," says the other, "it's alright, but I've had better."

MichiganPackerFan
08-17-2009, 01:31 PM
What the hell is that stuff? And why is it named that?

hoosier
08-17-2009, 02:06 PM
Spotted dick is what the English call pudding, which they use as kind of a catch-all for starchy desserts (not just custardy sweets). It has a bread like base with dried fruit and other odds and ends. I have no idea why it's called spotted dick. I guess it's just one of those weird English things.

On second thought, maybe it's not just English. I think the Australians incorporate a lot of "dick" into their food vocabulary. I remember an Australian movie, Flirting, about a bunch of kids in a boarding school. Every Sunday dinner they get served meatloaf with a hard boiled egg in the middle. The students call it "Elephant dick." There's a hilarious scene with one of the masters confronting a student who's had it with the elephant dick: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGKy0xR0Obo

Maybe Tarlem can shed more light on this.

gbgary
08-17-2009, 08:46 PM
And trust me, if you can eat a real English dinner and live to tell about it, the spotted dick will taste very good in comparison.

http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/lol.gif

i frequent a Manchester United forum and the topic of English food comes up often. no pun intended.

b bulldog
08-18-2009, 04:35 PM
Great post nd!

MOBB DEEP
08-18-2009, 04:42 PM

why have a scripture as sig and not promote peace, love, and joy? :cry:

Fritz
08-18-2009, 04:56 PM

why have a scripture as sig and not promote peace, love, and joy? :cry:

If you have an Old Testament scripture for your sig you can promote backstabbing, trickery and violence all you want!

Kiwon
08-18-2009, 05:19 PM
So many Farve threads going......oh, where to post?

The title of this thread about sums it up.

MJZiggy
08-18-2009, 06:35 PM
119 pages in the "official" thread. I'm afraid to open it...it might bleed all over my new computer.