PDA

View Full Version : Greisen

imscott72
04-06-2006, 12:36 PM
Why aren't we talking to this guy? Is there something about him I dont know about? Don't we sorta need some LB's??

The Titans plan to send LB Nick Greisen another contract proposal in the coming days.
They are running out of cap room, but Greisen is one of the more promising young defenders still available. Apr. 6 - 10:54 am et
Source: Nashville Tennessean

HarveyWallbangers
04-06-2006, 01:19 PM
I remember Greisen being kind of slow at Wisconsin? Do I remember that correctly? Maybe he doesn't fit in a Bates scheme because of it.

woodbuck27
04-06-2006, 01:41 PM
I remember Greisen being kind of slow at Wisconsin? Do I remember that correctly? Maybe he doesn't fit in a Bates scheme because of it.

Harvey if we continue to wait for "the perfect fit" on a 53 man roster we are going nowhere fast.

We only need personnel to see some optimistic hope for improvement.I felt that Greisen may have been on OUR radar as he certainly should have fit TT's price criteria.We certainly need people to compete for a job there in TC that are reasonably talented as he is.

Fosco33
04-06-2006, 05:48 PM

It's true his 40 time is slow (4.8) for a LB - which would hurt in man-man coverage. But he has quickness — he beat cornerback Mike Echols in the 20-yard shuttle (4.04 seconds to Echols’ 4.1) and three-cone drill (6.93 seconds to 7.0). He doesn't wear down and hits consistently.

Again, I'm a homer - so I'd love to see Nick play for GB - but honestly, he's proven his upside and would be a capable LB.

Bretsky
04-06-2006, 06:23 PM
Why aren't we talking to this guy? Is there something about him I dont know about? Don't we sorta need some LB's??

The Titans plan to send LB Nick Greisen another contract proposal in the coming days.
They are running out of cap room, but Greisen is one of the more promising young defenders still available. Apr. 6 - 10:54 am et
Source: Nashville Tennessean

Because the Turtle is a cheap idiot. Griesen is a step up from Ben Taylor IMO. And whatever happened to Barrett Green ?

Partial
04-06-2006, 06:36 PM
I say they bring in 10 guys and let em battle for the 6 spots

esoxx
04-06-2006, 06:40 PM
"And whatever happened to Barrett Green ?"

Green: "Thanks for inviting me up to visit, it was very enjoyable."
Thompson: "Nice to have you here for the day."

long pause.....

Green: "So....what are you offering."
Thompson: "Oh, we're not offering any contracts, just like to stay on top of things."

long pause....

Green: "Well...guess I'll be headin' out then."
Thompson: "Ok, G'bye."

HarveyWallbangers
04-06-2006, 07:17 PM
Funny!

Bretsky, you are a homer.

Ben Taylor is better than Nick Greisen.

KYPack
04-06-2006, 08:31 PM
Funny!

Bretsky, you are a homer.

Ben Taylor is better than Nick Greisen.

I could see having both guys on the roster. Greisen does sound a mite slow, but we need backers. We don't have any.

Greisen strikes me as a Belichick-style FA. A savvy vet that plays hard and can fit into different schemes. A blue collar guy like him would be fine until we do draft some talent at the LB spot.

Anyone heard any buzz on Poppinga's condition?

K-town
04-06-2006, 08:48 PM
:mrgreen:
esoxx I can absolutely picture that conversation happening.
Now, our linebackers are:
Nick Barnett, Ben Taylor, Brady Poppinga (PUP list), Roy Manning, Robert Thomas and ...
That's all I can think of. I see only one quality starter there (Barnett).
Maybe Taylor will work out. I agree with Partial - bring in a bunch and hope a couple work out. Since TT won't be breaking the bank for Lavar Arrington, I can't see where bringing in a bevy of cheap vets would hurt