PDA

View Full Version : It's Official: Favre is the enemy

Lurker64
08-18-2009, 02:20 PM
Vikings Announce that they have signed Brett Favre (http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/vikings-sign-brett-favre/b52a742d-ebfd-4eff-807b-ba1d8acef18c).

So now, can we move the poster's game off of Nov. 1?

Rastak
08-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Vikings Announce that they have signed Brett Favre (http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/vikings-sign-brett-favre/b52a742d-ebfd-4eff-807b-ba1d8acef18c).

So now, can we move the poster's game off of Nov. 1?

That or have Packerrats offer low interest loads....man that's gonna cost a few bucks!

denverYooper
08-18-2009, 02:24 PM
What's the over/under on the number of people who end up in Lambeau jail at that game?

What's the record?

Partial
08-18-2009, 02:28 PM
Favre is not the enemy. The Vikings are the enemy. Does anyone single out AD? Not really. Hate the team, love the individuals.

Bossman641
08-18-2009, 02:33 PM
Favre is not the enemy. The Vikings are the enemy. Does anyone single out AD? Not really. Hate the team, love the individuals.

AD was drafted by the Vikings, has only played for the Vikings, and has shown a lot more class and respect than Favre.

At this point I respect and like AD 1,000 times more than Favre.

Fuck Favre

VegasPackFan
08-18-2009, 02:36 PM
Favre is the enemy now. Much of it has to do with his MOTIVATION for playing with the Vikes. He wants to stick it to TT/The Pack, and so I hope they stick it to him with 2 losses this year to us and maybe a couple of good, clean (but hard) sacks.

VegasPackFan
08-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Screw Favre. I am actually really pissed about this choice he has made. I hope this season ends up being a big regret for him. Nothing short of utter failure is what I hope for.

I was a Packer fan way before Favre. Brett had become my favorite player of all time. Now I could care less. I am sure after he finally retires that this will end up as just a blip on the screen of his career and my memories of his greatness with the Packers will return, but untill then this is war.

Scott Campbell
08-18-2009, 02:45 PM

Make no mistake, Favre is the enemy - and then some.

He is going to get the ugliest Lambeau reception of any returning player in history.

GBRulz
08-18-2009, 02:48 PM
So, when people ask me how I came up with the name Bretta for my dog....what can I tell them, other than the obvious initial reason?

SkinBasket
08-18-2009, 02:50 PM

Fuck yeah!!!

http://img.slate.com/media/1/123125/2158911/2159086/2159087/070221_CL_HitlerEX.jpg

Scott Campbell
08-18-2009, 02:51 PM
So, when people ask me how I came up with the name Bretta for my dog....what can I tell them, other than the obvious initial reason?

I suppose nobody would buy you naming her after a water filter?

Scott Campbell
08-18-2009, 02:52 PM

Fuck yeah!!!

http://img.slate.com/media/1/123125/2158911/2159086/2159087/070221_CL_HitlerEX.jpg

He looks like he just got news from the Russian front.

Lurker64
08-18-2009, 02:53 PM

Is it too late to change your dog's name?

Otherwise, pretend they mispelled "Gretta" (after some deceased female relative) on the adoption papers, and you just ran with it because of who your QB was at the time.

Gunakor
08-18-2009, 02:54 PM

Hate the team. Hate the individuals that make the team. Hate the fans that root for the team. Hate the local radio broadcasters that call the games for the team. Hate for rivals runs deep, and it extends beyond any individual player. Anything purple and gold or black and orange is fair game.

As to your comment about Adrian Peterson, I am quite certain that if he had unofficially retired from football and the Minnesota Vikings only to officially return to the NFL and sign with the Packers out of spite towards the Vikings, there would be a very significant portion of Vikings fans that will single Peterson out for criticism and hate same as we have Favre.

SkinBasket
08-18-2009, 02:54 PM

Fuck yeah!!!

He looks like he just got news from the Russian front.

At least when he retired, he really retired.

MOBB DEEP
08-18-2009, 03:01 PM

Fuck yeah!!!

lol, i actually used to cut my mustache like his when i was in highschool and me and my boy (a whimpy non-athletic cracker) signed yearbooks with hitler youth gang! i was SO twisted

MOBB DEEP
08-18-2009, 03:04 PM

Hate the team. Hate the individuals that make the team. Hate the fans that root for the team. Hate the local radio broadcasters that call the games for the team. Hate for rivals runs deep, and it extends beyond any individual player.

FAR to much angst

ENTERTAINMENT

Gunakor
08-18-2009, 03:05 PM

Hate the team. Hate the individuals that make the team. Hate the fans that root for the team. Hate the local radio broadcasters that call the games for the team. Hate for rivals runs deep, and it extends beyond any individual player.

FAR to much angst

ENTERTAINMENT

I don't feel the same way you do Mobb. It's more than just entertainment to me, and we'll leave it at that.

MichiganPackerFan
08-18-2009, 04:34 PM

Say you named it after the water pitcher filtration system because your dog was always thirsty, but there was a typo on the birth certificate.

http://dontgosouth.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/brita.jpg

MichiganPackerFan
08-18-2009, 04:35 PM

I suppose nobody would buy you naming her after a water filter?

DAMMIT - Hadn't seen this! Damn you and your instant wittiness, Scott Campbell.

sharpe1027
08-18-2009, 04:41 PM

FAR to much angst

ENTERTAINMENT

Personal preference. It is so much more fun to hate, just try it. :twisted:

Fritz
08-18-2009, 05:06 PM
Here's the deal:

And this isn't original with me, but I agree - yes, we love the team, and by and large the players come and go. However, it's in the league's interest to promote any player who appears to be the guy who stars with one team his whole career. So you connect the guy and the jersey, creating the myth that there is loyalty in the game, that it's more than business.

The media and fans jumped on the Favre bandwagon - and so did Favre. He made many comments about not being able to imagine playing elsewhere, about never wanting to play any where else, and so on. So all of us - well, almost all of us - bought into the myth. He was like Bart Starr or Don Hutson or Ray Nitschke.

Then cracks appeared in the facade. Favre still claimed he always wanted to be a Packer, but he also suggested at one point that maybe the Pack should just cut him if they felt he was no longer good enough (I think this was after that 8-8 season). He started hemming and hawing every offseason. And then after he retired and sorta unretired and re-retired, it seemed to some that he was trying to get out of GB.

In sum, he's just a football player like everyone else and it's really a business and there's very little loyalty in the nfl. Our myth has been shattered. So many people are pissed.

I'm pissed because Favre is still pretending that all he ever wanted was to QB the Green Bay Packers, and that the Packers cruelly cast him aside. That's bullshit, in my book. He said he always wanted to be a Packer, yet he's now going to have played for not one but two other teams. He said during the Joe Buck interview it wouldn't be fair to the Vikings to let them wait any longer than a week or two before training camp, yet he waited until a couple days before to make a decision - and then he changed his mind two weeks into camp.

He's still trying to pretend it's not just a business and that somehow he's different. But it's a business and he's not any different. If anything, he's become worse than others because once he had the power to manipulate the system, he did.

If he could be up front about the whole thing I'd have some grudging respect. But he's not upfront at all.

At all.

Now, I think that Favre thinks he is. I think he believes his own BS - how else could the guy do what he does and live with himself?

But just because he believes it doesn't make it okay.

MOBB DEEP
08-18-2009, 05:18 PM

FAR to much angst

ENTERTAINMENT

I don't feel the same way you do Mobb. It's more than just entertainment to me, and we'll leave it at that.

how DO you feel? that pro sports is more intimate/meaningful than say a denzel movie? HOW is it more relevant than a broadway play or episode of curb your enthusiasm at the end of the day??? impacts your life more significantly??

MOBB DEEP
08-18-2009, 05:21 PM

FAR to much angst

ENTERTAINMENT

i used to hate teams and players before i evolved; now i LOVE watchn randy moss, etc...VERY LIBERATING i might add

SO gay to hate another city lol

MOBB DEEP
08-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Here's the deal:

And this isn't original with me, but I agree - yes, we love the team, and by and large the players come and go. However, it's in the league's interest to promote any player who appears to be the guy who stars with one team his whole career. So you connect the guy and the jersey, creating the myth that there is loyalty in the game, that it's more than business.

The media and fans jumped on the Favre bandwagon - and so did Favre. He made many comments about not being able to imagine playing elsewhere, about never wanting to play any where else, and so on. So all of us - well, almost all of us - bought into the myth. He was like Bart Starr or Don Hutson or Ray Nitschke.

Then cracks appeared in the facade. Favre still claimed he always wanted to be a Packer, but he also suggested at one point that maybe the Pack should just cut him if they felt he was no longer good enough (I think this was after that 8-8 season). He started hemming and hawing every offseason. And then after he retired and sorta unretired and re-retired, it seemed to some that he was trying to get out of GB.

In sum, he's just a football player like everyone else and it's really a business and there's very little loyalty in the nfl. Our myth has been shattered. So many people are pissed.

I'm pissed because Favre is still pretending that all he ever wanted was to QB the Green Bay Packers, and that the Packers cruelly cast him aside. That's bullshit, in my book. He said he always wanted to be a Packer, yet he's now going to have played for not one but two other teams. He said during the Joe Buck interview it wouldn't be fair to the Vikings to let them wait any longer than a week or two before training camp, yet he waited until a couple days before to make a decision - and then he changed his mind two weeks into camp.

He's still trying to pretend it's not just a business and that somehow he's different. But it's a business and he's not any different. If anything, he's become worse than others because once he had the power to manipulate the system, he did.

If he could be up front about the whole thing I'd have some grudging respect. But he's not upfront at all.

At all.

Now, I think that Favre thinks he is. I think he believes his own BS - how else could the guy do what he does and live with himself?

good post

jmbarnes101
08-18-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm going to enjoy watching the media whore leave Lambeau with his tail between his legs after the Packers D get their pound of flesh... each player that is. Shouldn't be much left after that.

The good lord tells me I shouldn't hate anyone but man, do I hate Brett Favre right now. I'm going to enjoy this season.

Pugger
08-18-2009, 06:57 PM
You bet BF manipulated the system! He "retired" from NY to get out of his contract with them knowing the Jets would give him what TT wouldn't - his unconditional release. He fanagled his way out of NY so he could become a FA and go to the team he probably has wanted to go to since Shermy was canned. BF wanted to go to a team that will treat him like royalty just like Rhodes and Shermy did here before MM came along. If anyone thinks Chilly is gonna be able to rein in Mr. Interception Leader they are sadly mistaken.

Rastak
08-18-2009, 07:01 PM
Pugger, there was zero chance they were going to keep him. Clemons, Sanchez and Favre?

They were tight against the cap......there's no way. They made the right call.

HarveyWallbangers
08-18-2009, 07:10 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=4407750&sportCat=nfl

Favre's left Green Bay behind, for good
By Gene Wojciechowski

Monday night. Oct. 5. A date that will live in football infamy.

That's the night the Green Bay Packers play the Minnesota Vikings at the hearing-loss capital of the world -- the Metrodome. That's the night Brett Favre commits cheesehead treason.

Favre got what he wanted Tuesday. He got the team he craved, the salary he could live with and the NFC North Division he knows by heart. But the nanosecond he signed that $10 million to $12 million contract with the Vikings was the nanosecond he burned the last few remaining wooden bridges between him and Packers fans. He became Fredo Corleone in "The Godfather: Part II" -- the one who betrays the family. Packers fans became Michael Corleone, who tells his kid brother, "Fredo, you're nothing to me now."

Fredo got popped on a fishing boat in the middle of Lake Tahoe. Favre could get his on national television in the middle of the Metrodome. Or he could lead the team with the league's best running back and one of the league's best defensive lines to Super Bowl XLIV.

Anyway, he's a Viking now, which is what Favre wanted all along. Actually, that's not true. He wanted to be a Packer, but remember all that Packers management stuff about crossing the Rubicon River and protecting Favre's legacy? It was as sincere as Favre's first retirement announcement.

Bottom line: The Packers didn't want Favre as their quarterback, and equally as important, they didn't want Favre as the Vikings' quarterback. That's why they poisoned any deals with NFC North teams. And that's why Favre ended up in another conference with the New York Jets last season.

I've got zero problems with Favre unretiring again. It's his career, his body, his legacy. No matter what happens when he wears purple, Favre is still going to end up in Canton.

I love it when the Michael Irvins of the world say Favre should stay put, as if Irvin wouldn't have played longer if he could have. Favre can, and will. And he'll do it with a throwing arm that works this time, as opposed to the torn biceps tendon he played with during the latter part of the '08 season.

I've also got zero problems with Favre signing with the Vikings. Maybe it is personal -- I'm sure he'd love to stick it to Packers management -- but it's also business. If you're Favre, wouldn't you want to play for this team, in that West Coast offense, for that coach, in that division, for that kind of money? He isn't going there to be a ceremonial clipboard holder. He'll start for a team that was favored to go long and far, even before he signed.

Favre is 39 years old. He turns 40 five days after that Monday night game against the Packers. There are going to be times when he looks every bit of those 39/40 years. But Vikings coach Brad Childress, who's no dummy, must think Favre at 40 is better than Sage Rosenfels and Tarvaris Jackson at any age. If it doesn't work, all it will cost the Vikings is money. They'll still have Plan Sage or Plan Tarvaris to fall back on. And the franchise will pocket whatever percentage it made from all the Favre jersey sales.

This is a win-win-lose situation. It's a win for the Vikings: They get an experienced, Hall of Fame quarterback who is familiar with the division and intimately familiar with his former franchise, which just so happens to play in that same division. It's a win for Favre: He gets a playoff-caliber team, a potential Hall of Fame running back (Adrian Peterson), a killer offensive line, an offensive system he knows by memory, a speedy X factor in Percy Harvin, a domed stadium in the dead of winter and another chance to play. It's a loss for the Packers, who were hoping Favre would simply go back to Mississippi and stay there.

Of course, none of this guarantees that the marriage between Favre and the Vikings will live happily ever after. Some Vikings players can't be thrilled that Favre stiffed the team three weeks ago, but is now showing up halfway through training camp. And what happens if he struggles early, or a quarterback controversy unfolds, or if Favre decides he made a mistake? And what happens if he can't beat the Packers? Or the Chicago Bears? Or even the lowly Detroit Lions?

Favre's career has been a long series of risks. That's how he played the game. That's why he retired, unretired, retired and unretired again. Give him this much: He's never been afraid of success or failure, of praise or rip jobs.

Vikings fans are going to love him. Or love the idea of him. For them, it's the best of both worlds. They get an upgrade at quarterback (admittedly, one with some bald spots on the football tires) and they get the possibility of watching Favre beat the archrival Packers on Oct. 5 and maybe again at Lambeau on Nov. 1.

So think of this as the third and final act of Favre's playing career. There was the glorious Packers phase, the inglorious Jets phase and the still-to-be-determined Vikings phase. Whatever goodwill currency he had left with the Packers faithful is spent. There won't be many mixed feelings when he returns to Lambeau; they'll want to see him spend the day on his back.

Favre knows this. He knows there are green-and-gold die-hards who will never forgive him for wearing a Vikings uni. The only thing worse would be seeing him wear the Bears' navy blue. And if Minnesota somehow sweeps the season series against the Pack, or costs Green Bay a playoff spot -- well, then he can probably forget about attending a jersey retirement ceremony anytime soon.

Favre got what he wanted. There could be a reward, but there will definitely be a cost. It's the price you pay for being Fredo.

MJZiggy
08-18-2009, 07:20 PM

Isn't Bretta the name of a gun?? :twisted:

Scott Campbell
08-18-2009, 07:25 PM
He became Fredo -- the one who betrays the family.

He's dead to me.

digitaldean
08-18-2009, 07:29 PM
F*kin' sellout.

He has just flipped the bird to Packer fans. I don't wish ill will on certain players. But the way he has jerked the chain and gotten preferential treatment over the last 5-6 years galls me to no end.

Here's a toast to a 5 pick day when we beat them in the Twinkie dome and to a 6 sack performance by the new 3-4 when we trash the Queens in November. (hopefully a few Raji-Kampman sandwiches on old #4).

:glug: :glug:

It would be even more priceless to see the Queens not make the playoffs due to a Favre pick. Then we can hear Paul Allen on KFAN scream "NOOOO!" like he did against the Cardinals a few seasons back.

BEARMAN
08-18-2009, 07:39 PM

AD was drafted by the Vikings, has only played for the Vikings, and has shown a lot more class and respect than Favre.

At this point I respect and like AD 1,000 times more than Favre.

Fuck Favre

Thank you GOD, they finaly see the light, the errors of their ways and they understand, the King is dead, Long live the King !

Go BEARS Go !

pittstang5
08-18-2009, 07:40 PM

Isn't Bretta the name of a gun?? :twisted:

Beretta

BEARMAN
08-18-2009, 07:41 PM

He's dead to me.

I LUV THIS ! :twisted:
NO amount of money is worth this.... :P

Scott Campbell
08-18-2009, 07:42 PM

He's dead to me.

Yeah, well I blame the whole thing on Devin Hester.

Rastak
08-18-2009, 07:44 PM
When Alan Page played the last 3.5 years for the Bears he sure as hell wasn't dead to me. It helped that it was right around the time girls became more important than football (for 3 or 4 years) but still. I don't get it.

digitaldean
08-18-2009, 07:46 PM

He's dead to me.

Yeah, well I blame the whole thing on Devin Hester.

Oh, you mean the WR, Cutler threw under the bus for a preseason game INT?

Classy way to show leadership there Jay. You may end up being as successful Moses Moreno or some of the other 2 dozen QBs the Muppets of the Midway have had over the past decade and a half.

Badgerinmaine
08-18-2009, 07:48 PM
Pugger, there was zero chance they were going to keep him. Clemons, Sanchez and Favre?

But they only drafted Sanchez AFTER Favre asked for his release and they weren't planning on having him around.

pbmax
08-18-2009, 07:48 PM

Ras, he was invited back. They could have cleared the necessary room. And those conversations were well before the Sanchez pick. I am not saying it was the ideal situation, but Tannenbaum would have taken him back prior to the draft deal.

And think about it. Favre on the reserve/retire list made the Sanchez deal harder to complete. If they truly did not want him back prior to the draft, they just had to release him and they would have owed the Packers nothing. The poison pill took affect only if he was traded, if published reports are to be believed.

Rastak
08-18-2009, 07:54 PM
PB, we'll have to agree to disagree. In analyzing the situation as the offseason started I saw zero chance with the new regime they'd want him back. The new coach get's a free pass for a year or two. It seems to me, only an idiot would want a 39 yo QB starting the season rather than either draft what you feel is a franchise QB or try and aquire someone you feel can run the offense for 3 or 4 years for you. New coach. New start.

BobDobbs
08-18-2009, 07:54 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=4407750&sportCat=nfl

[But Vikings coach Brad Childress, who's no dummy

He must not have caught many Vikings games the last few years. Or looked at the guy.

In other news it looks like I've got to get a "We'll never forget you Brent" shirt before the bump in sales drives up the price of cotton.

mmmdk
08-18-2009, 08:18 PM

The girl's name Bretta \b-retta, br(et)-ta\ is a variant of Brett (Latin) and Brittany (Latin), and the meaning of Bretta is "from Britanny or Britain; from Brittany or Great Britain".

The girl's name Brett \b-re-tt\, also used as boy's name Brett, is pronounced bret. It is of Latin origin, and its meaning is "from Britanny or Britain". Surname used as given name. Also variant of Brittany. Literary: Lady Brett Ashley was Hemingway's heroine in the novel "The Sun Also Rises".

Brett has 5 variant forms: Bret, Bretta, Brettany, Brette and Britt....I always knew Favre was girly :P

Packers4Ever
08-18-2009, 09:52 PM

Cute name, GBR !!

MJZiggy
08-18-2009, 10:05 PM

Cute name, GBR !!

Wait just a minute. You're moving out of GB. Who's ever going to make the connection? And if they do, lie about her age and tell them you think he's been acting like a girl the last few years.

Lurker64
08-18-2009, 10:10 PM
When Alan Page played the last 3.5 years for the Bears he sure as hell wasn't dead to me.

Now, I'm younger than you, but did Alan Page go through quite the dramatics and histrionics, repeated backtracking, and duplicitousness that Favre did? In large part, what makes it easy to hate Favre now is that, ever since he retired from Green Bay, he's done more or less everything the wrong way.

1) He made a power-play to try to force the Packers to give him what he wanted (including an appearance on Fox News where he nitpicked his General Manager for not giving him everything he wanted), and refused to cooperate until it was absolutely clear that he could not get what he wanted. This is after just a year prior he said he couldn't imagine himself

2) He, in a large part, alienated a Jets locker room, leaving a lot of hard feelings.

3) He retires again in a tearful, ceremony and calculatingly demands a release when the Jets put themselves in a situation where they could not afford to keep him, lying and saying that "he only wanted to keep his options open."

4) He strings the Vikings along all offseason, then decides he isn't going to play football this year at all, immediately doing an about-face as soon as the worst part of the preseason is over (two-a-days and the most meaningless preseason game, he probably won't play until the third preseason game).

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but Alan Page didn't do any of this. This isn't like when a guy like Page or Sharper or Hunter Hillenmeyer signs with a division rival, this is egomania, laziness, and duplicitousness run amok. Even if you love the guy because he's your QB, you have to admit that he's done a lot of things since retiring from the Packers that squandered the considerable goodwill he had at that point.

Plus, the more intensely you love someone when they're yours, the more intensely you hate them once they betray you ;)

pbmax
08-18-2009, 10:33 PM
PB, we'll have to agree to disagree. In analyzing the situation as the offseason started I saw zero chance with the new regime they'd want him back. The new coach get's a free pass for a year or two. It seems to me, only an idiot would want a 39 yo QB starting the season rather than either draft what you feel is a franchise QB or try and aquire someone you feel can run the offense for 3 or 4 years for you. New coach. New start.
All good points, but that doesn't explain why they wouldn't release him after he first requested it. The difference in our interpretations could be explained if the poison pill language extended to an outright release.

However, the terms were so draconian that simply renegotiating it to returning the seventh round pick doesn't seem connected. But we can't know for certain.

Partial
08-18-2009, 10:49 PM
I think its far more about 10 million and the games streak than about sticking it to the Pack? Is it selfish of a player to want a record? Nah. The Pack decided they didn't want him. Get over it. Grow up.

Bretsky
08-18-2009, 10:54 PM
I think Favre wants to play and MN is the best fit. I don't think it's about the money........more the records and trying to win another one

The Pack chose to move on; most or all are happy with AROD

I'm happy for Favre and hope he does well.

I want Green Bay to beat MN twice and win the Super Bowl

If Green Bay was eliminatad form the playoffs I'd be find with Favre and the Vikings facing the genius and Brady

HarveyWallbangers
08-18-2009, 11:08 PM
I think Favre wants to play and MN is the best fit. I don't think it's about the money........more the records and trying to win another one

If Green Bay was eliminatad form the playoffs I'd be find with Favre and the Vikings facing the genius and Brady

Just can't go there. You need to live in Minnesota for awhile.

digitaldean
08-18-2009, 11:37 PM

So Harv and Ras, what is the average Vikings fan take on all this?

Lurker64
08-18-2009, 11:39 PM

I'm not going to be able to listen to KFAN until the first whine-line after a Vikings loss, I swear.

mission
08-19-2009, 12:02 AM
In case no one knew already, I'm in the "Fuck Favre" camp ... just disgusted with him. Some of you're right about the ex-girlfriend thing, but it's more like finding out what you thought was wifey material actually has herpes and has been spreading them behind your back for years. (Not to mention you're breaking out now ...)

Call me jaded, I'm just seein it how Im seein it.

Can't wait to see that 3-4 defense confuse the hell out of Brent this year. Can't miss TV. Count on it.

Freak Out
08-19-2009, 12:02 AM
I'm really just kind of numb to this whole thing right now and it doesn't matter in the least. So he went to the Vikings? We have OUR team and that is all that matters. It makes for a good show which is good for the sport that we love. I root for the Packers to win not for someone else to fail.....unless our playoff spot counts on it 8-) .

BZnDallas
08-19-2009, 01:00 AM

FAR to much angst

ENTERTAINMENT

how DO you feel? that pro sports is more intimate/meaningful than say a denzel movie? HOW is it more relevant than a broadway play or episode of curb your enthusiasm at the end of the day??? impacts your life more significantly??

i'm not quite sure how i feel about all of this right now... like another poster said i'm kinda numb to it all...

but i do have an answer/question for all the posters that say football is just for entertainment value or as mobb has asked more intimate/meaningful than a denzel movie etc...(sorry mobb not trying to single you out)...

i dont ever remember a time when denzels wife came out and asked for support during a very hard time dealing with breast cancer... the packer organization was there as were packer fans, or when the favre family had to deal with the death of family members... again the organization and its fans were there for support... there have been a number of times during his 16 year career in GB that BFs personal life has been played out in public, and every time the fans and organization were 100% behind the favre family

i do realize that with fame sometimes comes unwanted attention during difficult times in ones life... thats just one price to pay... i can understand why someone would say ultimately this is just a game/sport...

but i guess what i'm trying to say is relationships are built while playing sports especially in cities such as GB... and to turn your back on the people that helped support you in your time of need, well, i'll let you finish that thought.........

but thats just one mans opinion

BZnDallas
08-19-2009, 01:01 AM
sorry for the larger font size... didnt' mean to do that... :oops:

Tarlam!
08-19-2009, 01:29 AM
Well, I highly doubt that BF has any hard feelings towards the GBP fans. Maybe towards the organization.

I can't share Mobb's position at all.

At the end of the day, it's BF's call. Or calls.

alquaal
08-19-2009, 01:56 AM
Well, I highly doubt that BF has any hard feelings towards the GBP fans. Maybe towards the organization.

I can't share Mobb's position at all.

At the end of the day, it's BF's call. Or calls.

If "her highness favre" is out to hurt the Packers organization then he does not care the least about GBP fans.

I would like to think better of him but the goob has been having some serious truth issues lately.

Gunakor
08-19-2009, 02:10 AM

FAR to much angst

ENTERTAINMENT

To you it's entertainment. To me it's an investment. To me it's a passion. It's more relevant because I say it is. I choose what is relevant to me, and I choose Packer football over a broadway play or an episode of curb your enthusiasm. I've invested more in Green Bay Packer football, so I take it more seriously. Why the hell do you care?

superfan
08-19-2009, 02:21 AM

I agree with Bretsky's comments until he gets to rooting for the Favre led Vikes if the Pack is eliminated. I agree with Harvey at that point, you have to live here. Packer fans living in Minnesota will be subjected to Favre related abuse all season, especially if Favre does lead the Vikes deep into the postseason. If that were to happen, if you are a Packer fan, it would be insufferable, whether you are a Favre supporter or not.

I'm not going to be able to listen to KFAN until the first whine-line after a Vikings loss, I swear.

I hear you Lurker, but at the same time, I tend to think the Favre signing will ultimately backfire on the Vikes, so I will gut it out for the next few days. Just to make whine line that much sweeter when it inevitably happens. :twisted:

Harlan Huckleby
08-19-2009, 03:35 AM
but i guess what i'm trying to say is relationships are built while playing sports especially in cities such as GB... and to turn your back on the people that helped support you in your time of need, well, i'll let you finish that thought.........

FAvre hasn't turned his back on anybody. He wants to play football, so what? He's probably play for Green Bay if they wanted him.

Ya, I'm sure he wants to beat the Packer since the management rejected him. Who wouldn't.

Bossman641
08-19-2009, 05:56 AM

FAR to much angst

ENTERTAINMENT

To you it's entertainment. To me it's an investment. To me it's a passion. It's more relevant because I say it is. I choose what is relevant to me, and I choose Packer football over a broadway play or an episode of curb your enthusiasm. I've invested more in Green Bay Packer football, so I take it more seriously. Why the hell do you care?

Exactly? Entertainment? I don't go to movie websites to discuss what actor should play what role or how actor XX has improved these ways in the past few years. The Packers are so much more than entertainment I don't even know how you can compare the 2.

pbmax
08-19-2009, 08:13 AM

I agree with Bretsky's comments until he gets to rooting for the Favre led Vikes if the Pack is eliminated. I agree with Harvey at that point, you have to live here. Packer fans living in Minnesota will be subjected to Favre related abuse all season, especially if Favre does lead the Vikes deep into the postseason. If that were to happen, if you are a Packer fan, it would be insufferable, whether you are a Favre supporter or not.

I hear you Lurker, but at the same time, I tend to think the Favre signing will ultimately backfire on the Vikes, so I will gut it out for the next few days. Just to make whine line that much sweeter when it inevitably happens. :twisted:
Hang tough Superfan and Harv, like a fever right before it breaks, things will suddenly get better around Week 10 with no obvious explanation. :D

MichiganPackerFan
08-19-2009, 08:26 AM

Enjoyed the article.

MichiganPackerFan
08-19-2009, 08:33 AM
FAvre hasn't turned his back on anybody. He wants to play football, so what? He's probably play for Green Bay if they wanted him.

Ya, I'm sure he wants to beat the Packer since the management rejected him. Who wouldn't.

I would love getting back at my MI boss who took my job and consequently had to leave my home! Anyone got any good revenge ideas?

sharpe1027
08-19-2009, 09:28 AM

FAR to much angst

ENTERTAINMENT

i used to hate teams and players before i evolved; now i LOVE watchn randy moss, etc...VERY LIBERATING i might add

Yes, you are more evolved and smarter and a better person. You will probably solve global warming before everything is all said and done. :roll:

Scott Campbell
08-19-2009, 09:34 AM

You still believe the guy?

He and Bus orchestrated the whole thing. Just like Jay and Bus orchestrated the whole thing. Just like dead Steve and Bus orchestrated the whole thing.

sharpe1027
08-19-2009, 09:59 AM

I have this bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you. :lol:

mngolf19
08-19-2009, 10:02 AM

This is why I've started listening to WTMJ. :twisted:

mraynrand
08-19-2009, 10:08 AM

You still believe the guy?

He and Bus orchestrated the whole thing. Just like Jay and Bus orchestrated the whole thing. Just like dead Steve and Bus orchestrated the whole thing.

spot on.

Fritz
08-19-2009, 10:30 AM
Here's a Detroit sports writer's take - someone outside the situation. He misses on a few details, I think, but on the whole I agree with him:

http://www.detnews.com/article/20090819/OPINION03/908190339/1004/Commentary--Ego--indecision-have-turned-Favre-into-a-complete-annoyance

Lurker64
08-19-2009, 02:48 PM
This is why I've started listening to WTMJ. :twisted:

Understandable, schadenfreude is a perfectly natural human emotion. It's pleasurable on a neurological level (http://www.pinktentacle.com/2009/02/brain-thinks-your-pain-my-gain-and-vice-versa/).

It's particularly socially acceptable in cases where the actual suffering of others is ultimately meaningless, like in sports.

gex
08-19-2009, 03:03 PM

spot on, Blue Dog! :bclap:

Scott Campbell
08-19-2009, 03:09 PM
I'm just happy. :bclap:

3irty1
08-19-2009, 03:53 PM
Harlan speaks truth but that doesn't change that this is a Packer/Favre fan's greatest nightmare. Its like if MJ had returned to play with New York. No its worse than that.

If I were TT I'd sign a punter this week and give him number 4.

HarveyWallbangers
08-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Man, he's getting some harsh treatment. I can't say that I feel bad. Then again, he who laughs last laughs loudest, and that is yet to be decided.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/index.shtml

Brett Favre to the Vikings: A national media sampler

-- Former Packers salary-cap guru Andrew Brandt, writing at National Football Post.com, isn't surprised Favre joined the Vikings -- and for the same money he would have gotten in Green Bay:

"This is predictable behavior from someone who’s a good guy but troubled by having to make decisions without a clear, apparent choice. He would much rather have someone else, through his or her actions or words, make the decision for him. ...

"I always felt Brett wanted to do in football what Roger Clemens was able to do in baseball: join a team early in the season, bypass the minutiae of training camp and the offseason and just play the games. Now he’s able to do that – sort of. ...

"Brett has an insecurity about him that is not logical for one of the most established players in the game. "

-- Former Vikings QB Fran Tarkenton, speaking on Sirius NFL Radio, takes another whack at Favre:

"I really have no interest in what Brett Favre does. ... I asked a few friends here, maybe 10 or 12 people we were out with last night, I said, ‘What do you think about Brett Favre going back to the Vikings?’ You know who cared? Nobody."

-- New York Post blogger Mike Vaccaro takes a whack at Favre, too. It's the Daily Whack, in fact:

"This isn't revenge. This is ego-maniacal spite."

-- Sports Illustrated's Jeff Pearlman is thinking along the same lines:

"Brett Favre has officially tossed his legacy down the toilet. ... Favre is flashing a very large, very pronounced middle finger toward Green Bay, where his most loyal fans once resided. ... Brett Favre is just another egomaniacal jock with an unhealthy need for the spotlight."

-- As is Jeff Schultz of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution:

"John Smoltz has a massive ego. He won’t retire. He believes he still can help a team win a championship, even though people think he’s nuts. Gee, you would’ve thought he was Brett Favre. Big difference. ...

"Favre has managed to get his way and signed with the Minnesota Vikings ... which is what he wanted to do two years ago. But in getting there, he stepped on three NFL franchises along the way and scorched any remaining bit of character left in his soul. ...

"Whether you believe (Smoltz) can still pitch or not, he never damaged the Braves’ franchise on the way out the door. He still has universal admiration in that clubhouse, and it’s the same in Boston and around baseball. Favre is not embraced the same way. Players, coaches and management have come to recognize him for what he is."

-- Sports Illustrated's Ross Tucker, a former NFL player, thinks the Vikings are sending all kinds of bad messages to their players:

"Deep down some of them will have their doubts and be skeptical until Favre can prove to them he is a team guy and truly playing for the right reasons. Doubts and skepticism are not the foundation of a championship club in the NFL."

-- Clark Judge of CBS Sports thinks Favre will hurt the Vikings in another way:

"Which quarterback will make his new team better, Brett Favre or Michael Vick? Give me Vick. ... (Favre is) an old quarterback waiting to break down as the season wears on."

-- Rick Morrissey of the Chicago Tribune disagrees:

"Is he disturbing the team's continuity by signing this late? For a while, perhaps, but he's going to make the Vikings better.

"Is he selfish? Very likely, but he's going to make the Vikings better.

"Is he the quarterback he once was? No, but he's going to make the Vikings better.

"All the crazy, ill-advised passes he throws -- he really is all about himself, isn't he? I attribute those passes to an incredible belief in himself, but the bottom-line answer is -- yes, that one again -- he's going to make the Vikings better."

-- Finally, Slate's Josh Levin documents how Sports Illustrated's Peter King finally got fed up with Favre.

On Tuesday morning, King tweeted this: "This is now officially a circus. Favre wishy-washiest player in memory, Vikes his enablers. This is ridiculous."

That afternoon, King wrote the same thing on SI.com: "Favre's the wishy-washiest player in memory —- and the Vikings are his enablers. It's ridiculous."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/08/18/favre/index.html

MMQB Mail: Vikings make mistake with Favre

"I'm sure I'll regret my decision down the road.''
--Brett Favre, to me, on July 28.

Down the road? That's a pretty short road. More like a driveway.

---

"I'm leaving an incredible opportunity on the table, and that opportunity is not coming back.''
--Favre, July 28.

Yes it is.

---

You would think I think this Brett Favre-to-Minnesota story is great, but I don't. I think it's wrong. I think it's a circus. And I think Minnesota coach Brad Childress is making a mistake.

If I were Childress, I'd have waited until Sage Rosenfels struggled -- if he struggled -- and then made the call to Favre. By doing it now, Childress loses Rosenfels and Tarvaris Jackson; how can they ever trust anything he says now? I'm sure both are furious, and Rosenfels, particularly, is crushed. And the way Favre talked to me three weeks ago, there's a chance he won't last the season and Childress will have to turn to one of his angry quarterbacks.

What Favre told me late last month he wasn't coming back because he felt totally beat after some hard summer workouts, how could he think he'd have enough stamina to make it through a season? He simply didn't think he'd be able to handle the physical rigors of the season. "I just didn't think my body would hold up the way it had in the past,'' he said.

The perfect scenario would have been for the Vikings to see if Rosenfels or Jackson played well enough through a piece-of-cake early schedule (at Cleveland, at Detroit, San Francisco), and if the position was an Achilles heel, then reach out to Favre to see if he was interested. By doing it now, Childress tells his team he doesn't trust Rosenfels or Jackson. That could come back to haunt him if Favre's body breaks down.

Childress has looked like a desperate man throughout this melodrama. He made it known internally that Favre had to do at least some work in the offseason program or the veteran mini-camp to be considered. Favre never showed. Then he had to come by the start of camp. Favre didn't come, opting for his third false retirement in 17 months. Now the Vikings let him come back after the team has gone through training camp. Favre's the wishy-washiest player in memory -- and the Vikings are his enablers. It's ridiculous.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/jeff_pearlman/08/18/Brettfavre/index.html

We love comebacks, but Favre's return will tarnish his legacy

Two years ago, in the central Chinese city of Chongquing, the local government set out to build the world's largest bathroom.

The complex is, to delve into great understatement, a sight to behold. Flawless Egyptian façade. Soothing music played at all times. A whopping 1,000 bowls spread out over 32,290 square feet. Were he alive today, Sir John Harrington, the original inventor of the toilet, would, without question, be rendered speechless.

In other words, you want something flushed, here's the place to go.

I evoke Chongquing because, on this glorious Tuesday afternoon, Brett Favre has officially tossed his legacy down the toilet.

A dark moment, it is.

For the low, low price of a reported $12 million, Favre has officially -- and irrevocably -- morphed his reputation, going from greatest quarterback of all time to craziest sports egomaniac we've ever seen -- and that includes Michael Jordan, Will Clark, Wilt Chamberlain, Roger Clemens, Barry Bonds.

Truly, it's a head-spinning thing. In America, we love comebacks. Absolutely, positively eat them up. Jordan mothballs his White Sox uniform to return to the Bulls -- we go bananas. Lance Armstrong dusts off his Huffy to give it another shot -- we're all in his corner. Heck, it doesn't even matter how ill-advised or ill-fated the returns are. Does anyone really recall Jordan as a Washington Wizard? Or Sugar Ray Leonard having his face re-sculptured by Macho Camacho? Or Jim Palmer getting lit up in spring training at 45? Come back, old friends. Feel free.

But this ... this is different. In signing with (of all teams) the Minnesota Vikings, Favre is flashing a very large, very pronounced middle finger toward Green Bay, where his most loyal fans once resided. Even with last year's sorrowful run in New York, Favre was still assured a place alongside Vince Lombardi, Bart Starr, Jim Taylor among the city's all time Gods. Now, however, he is Wisconsin's own Benedict Arnold -- a cheese-hating, beer-gagging, bratwurst-regurgitating foreigner concerned more with himself than his peeps.

And for what? Yes, the Vikings are a good team. Potentially, a very good team. In Adrian Peterson they boast football's most dominant runner, and rookie receiver Percy Harvin is, by many accounts, the real deal. In what looks to be a pretty ordinary division, there's little reason to think Minnesota can't win 10 or 11 games. Maybe even reach the Super Bowl.

But, to cite that legendary poet, Derrick Coleman, "Whoop-de-damn-do." Come day's end, athletes are remembered more for who they were than what they did. Just as Jackie Robinson is, first and foremost, an integrator and Dikembe Mutombo an ambassador for human rights, Pete Rose will always be a gambler before the man with 4,256 hits; Barry Bonds will always be a cheater.

And so it is for Favre. On the day he officially dons that purple jersey, he is no longer a Green Bay Packer; no longer a man who saved the city's gridiron fortunes and made people forget Lynn Dickey and Randy Wright and David Whitehurst and Don Majkowski.

No, from this point on Brett Favre is just another egomaniacal jock with an unhealthy need for the spotlight.

He's just another quarterback.

Scott Campbell
08-19-2009, 04:34 PM
Man, he's getting some harsh treatment. I can't say that I feel bad. Then again, he who laughs last laughs loudest, and that is yet to be decided.

Even if he leads them to a Superbowl this year, I don't think it redeems his despicable behavior.

esoxx
08-20-2009, 09:32 PM

Even if he leads them to a Superbowl this year, I don't think it redeems his despicable behavior.

I thought he was dead to you? You sure spend a lot of time talking about him though.

Hypocrite.

gex
08-20-2009, 09:45 PM

I thought he was dead to you? You sure spend a lot of time talking about him though.

Hypocrite.

That is Scotts MO, 1 liners just to stir the pot, no usefull insight in any of his posts. I am sure he is eating this up, knowing that people actually care about the situation, one way or the other.

ThunderDan
08-20-2009, 11:26 PM

Hypocrite.

That is Scotts MO, 1 liners just to stir the pot, no usefull insight in any of his posts. I am sure he is eating this up, knowing that people actually care about the situation, one way or the other.

That's a good one from "The King of the Clapping Hands"

MOBB DEEP
08-21-2009, 02:25 AM

FAR to much angst

ENTERTAINMENT

Yes, you are more evolved and smarter and a better person.

no, just liberated from the unfufilling angst of most fans who fail to keep ENTERTAINMENT in perspective. i get upset at the mistreatment of the disenfranchised (or being at odds w/my daughter), not at players changing teams or being drafted by a rival org.

different uniforms/colors, same humanity

had to pray on it HARD tho because we tend to misplace our passion b/c pro sports are glamorized so much that we can actualy allow it to impact us FAR more than it should. i enjoy the games (win or lose) MUCH more now and can appreciate the sport as a whole...

show me the error in my line of thinking..

th87
08-21-2009, 03:06 AM

FAR to much angst

ENTERTAINMENT

no, just liberated from the unfufilling angst of most fans who fail to keep ENTERTAINMENT in perspective. i get upset at the mistreatment of the disenfranchised (or being at odds w/my daughter), not at players changing teams or being drafted by a rival org.

had to pray on it HARD tho because we tend to misplace our passion b/c pro sports are glamorized so much that we can actualy allow it to impact us FAR more than it should. i enjoy the games (win or lose) MUCH more now and can appreciate the sport as a whole...

The error is that you think your way is better than anyone else's.

There are people who treat Packers football as almost a religion. Probably more so than any other team, since it's so rooted in tradition, high character guys, and strong community presence. This "almost religion" is very serious for people, and for you to come prancing in here and minimizing their "almost religion" as "just entertainment" is offensive.

Atheists minimizing religion in a room full of adherents wouldn't be received particularly well either.

MichiganPackerFan
08-21-2009, 08:49 AM

SC's one-liners rarely fail to crack my shit up!

mraynrand
08-21-2009, 08:59 AM

Are you saying hatred of another city is a unique or special quality of gays?

Scott Campbell
08-21-2009, 09:31 AM

Hypocrite.

We spend a lot of time talking about Abe Lincoln too. What's you point?

Scott Campbell
08-21-2009, 09:39 AM

SC's one-liners rarely fail to crack my shit up!

Don't encourage him.

sharpe1027
08-21-2009, 09:43 AM

Great! So glad to hear that, that's truly fine.

However, I never said there was an error in your thinking -- I said it was a personal preference. Can you say the same?

Most people would understand that the context of this conversation was within sports. I "love" the Packers and "hate" the Bears. So what? I never said I equated that hate to anything substantial (like my hatred of clowns, nasty creatures). You were the one comparing those points to serious issues.

MOBB DEEP
08-21-2009, 09:49 AM

FAR to much angst

ENTERTAINMENT

The error is that you think your way is better than anyone else's.

actually, i dont bash ppl for their emotional side and i said i understand BOTH sides since i was there once

DEF dont mean to say my way is best; just best for me at this point in my life.

i certainly promote the live and let live theory. and i blieve the side that "bashes" the most is the ppl who view him as tratoir, scum, etc. in fact, i know its that side

how can i say its dumb/wrong for viewing it like religion when i did it for years??!! hope i dont come off as thinkn im "better" b/c of my stance

MOBB DEEP
08-21-2009, 09:51 AM

Are you saying hatred of another city is a unique or special quality of gays?

he he he...gay = whack in ebonics

MOBB DEEP
08-21-2009, 09:52 AM

However, I never said there was an error in your thinking -- I said it was a personal preference. Can you say the same?

honestly YES!!

sharpe1027
08-21-2009, 12:07 PM

honestly YES!!

No problem then.

I was mostly reacting to your use of the words evolved and gay. I assumed from the context that you equated "Gay" with something wrong and "evolved" to mean improved..so by calling my position "gay" and yourself "evolved" I assumed you meant mine was wrong and inferior.

If I understand your explanation, it was not your intent to state that my position was wrong/inferior. Instead, you were mostly stating what your personal preference was.

Pugger
08-21-2009, 01:49 PM
What is interesting is to go over and read a Jets forum these days. 98% of them are saying "screw Favre" and some are donating their #4 jerseys to Goodwill. They were all giddy last summer but now they are jaded knowing Favre never really wanted to come to NY. A lot of them moan about how BF faded down the stretch and are none to pleased to hear he had that arm problem last season but still trotted out onto the field and played anyway. Then they really get foaming at the mouth towards Mangini. :lol: There was one fella who was questioning the motive of the Jets giving us that 7th round pick too. He said the Jets should be thankful GB isn't making a big stink about it. :shock:

MOBB DEEP
08-21-2009, 03:16 PM

honestly YES!!

No problem then.

I was mostly reacting to your use of the words evolved and gay. I assumed from the context that you equated "Gay" with something wrong and "evolved" to mean improved..so by calling my position "gay" and yourself "evolved" I assumed you meant mine was wrong and inferior.

If I understand your explanation, it was not your intent to state that my position was wrong/inferior. Instead, you were mostly stating what your personal preference was.

bingo....

MOBB DEEP
08-21-2009, 03:19 PM
What is interesting is to go over and read a Jets forum these days. 98% of them are saying "screw Favre" and some are donating their #4 jerseys to Goodwill. They were all giddy last summer but now they are jaded knowing Favre never really wanted to come to NY. A lot of them moan about how BF faded down the stretch and are none to pleased to hear he had that arm problem last season but still trotted out onto the field and played anyway. Then they really get foaming at the mouth towards Mangini. :lol: There was one fella who was questioning the motive of the Jets giving us that 7th round pick too. He said the Jets should be thankful GB isn't making a big stink about it. :shock:

interesting...

and you're right; they were SO giddy last year

and when i attended the jets last game v phins in december, cats in the crowd were BRUTAL towards mangini

woodbuck27
08-21-2009, 03:55 PM

He is going to get the ugliest Lambeau reception of any returning player in history.

How much noise can you make Scott?

mraynrand
08-21-2009, 03:57 PM

How much noise can you make Scott?

One can only hope.

woodbuck27
08-21-2009, 04:19 PM
Here's the deal:

At all.

Wow ! Wow !! Wow !!!

Alot of thought in that post Fritz. I think that Favre just wants to play football Fritz. To play at a reasonable level and have some sense of possibly helping his team advance deep in the playoffs.

As far as Favre and being a traitor. That's just nonsense. The Green Bay Packers gave up on Brett Favre. He hasn't given up on himself yet. He found what is obviously for himself a perfect fit. That fit just happened to be with our rival. The Vikings. He's a Pro athlete and not only does signing with the Vikings give him real hope it extends all manners of records and the money he's receiving is just fantastic.

We don't live in a perfect world and certainly Brett Favre is about to experience the truth in that. I hope he's ready for it all. It will be hot at times at Packerrats. I just hope we can wither the Favre ' as a Viking ' storm with some sense of decency and dignity.

GO PACK GO!

Scott Campbell
08-21-2009, 04:30 PM
I think that Favre just wants to play football Fritz.......

........as long as it doesn't mean hot August two a days and sleeping in dorm rooms with the cheap help.

Scott Campbell
08-21-2009, 04:31 PM
As far as Favre and being a traitor. That's just nonsense.

......called Matt Millen during game week........about "hunting"........

He's traitor scum. If he wasn't a traitor, he'd get a warm reception in Lambeau. And that ain't gonna happen.

Bossman641
08-21-2009, 04:48 PM
Here's the deal:

At all.

Wow ! Wow !! Wow !!!

Alot of thought in that post Fritz. I think that Favre just wants to play football Fritz. To play at a reasonable level and have some sense of possibly helping his team advance deep in the playoffs.

As far as Favre and being a traitor. That's just nonsense. The Green Bay Packers gave up on Brett Favre. He hasn't given up on himself yet. He found what is obviously for himself a perfect fit. That fit just happened to be with our rival. The Vikings. He's a Pro athlete and not only does signing with the Vikings give him real hope it extends all manners of records and the money he's receiving is just fantastic.

We don't live in a perfect world and certainly Brett Favre is about to experience the truth in that. I hope he's ready for it all. It will be hot at times at Packerrats. I just hope we can wither the Favre ' as a Viking ' storm with some sense of decency and dignity.

GO PACK GO!

HE RETIRED. Then he was offered his job back AND HE REFUSED.

woodbuck27
08-21-2009, 05:05 PM

He's traitor scum. If he wasn't a traitor, he'd get a warm reception in Lambeau. And that ain't gonna happen.

"called Matt Millen during game week........about "hunting"........" SC

Can you expand and or elaborate on that with press releases Scott?

MadtownPacker
08-21-2009, 05:12 PM

He's traitor scum. If he wasn't a traitor, he'd get a warm reception in Lambeau. And that ain't gonna happen.Technically he was no longer a Packer so he wasnt a traitor just a bitter dude. Why should he be expected to show loyalty if he is no longer on the team? For the good times before? IF so you have to hold yourself to those same standards.

Scott Campbell
08-21-2009, 05:13 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8694746/Sunday-Scoops:-Is-Favre-guilty-of-insider-trading

MadtownPacker
08-21-2009, 05:13 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8694746/Sunday-Scoops:-Is-Favre-guilty-of-insider-tradingAgain, no longer wearing G&G.

Scott Campbell
08-21-2009, 05:16 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8694746/Sunday-Scoops:-Is-Favre-guilty-of-insider-tradingAgain, no longer wearing G&G.

Ain't buyin it. His beef was with Ted, not Driver. Not Harris. Not Jennings. Not Clifton. Not Spitz. Not Hawk. Not Woodson. Not...................

High treason. And you're right about him not wearing G&G. He's not worthy of the colors, and never will be.

MadtownPacker
08-21-2009, 05:21 PM
Ain't buyin it. His beef was with Ted, not Driver. Not Harris. Not Jennings. Not Clifton. Not Spitz. Not Hawk. Not Woodson. Not...................

High treason.Not treason but defintely not right. I agree about that part of it.

But then again you would know about treason no? :lol:

Patler
08-21-2009, 05:22 PM

No, he wasn't a Packer any longer; but apparently helping his "buddies" on the Lions meant more to him than doing damage to his former team mates on the Packers. No matter how much he disliked TT or MM, that was a very peculiar thing to do to the guys he played with for years. He was a traitor to them, even though he was no longer on the team with them.

Scott Campbell
08-21-2009, 05:25 PM

High treason.Not treason but defintely not right. I agree about that part of it.

But then again you would know about treason no? :lol:

I short sheet your bed and you call it treason. :lol:

MadtownPacker
08-21-2009, 05:29 PM

No, he wasn't a Packer any longer; but apparently helping his "buddies" on the Lions meant more to him than doing damage to his former team mates on the Packers. No matter how much he disliked TT or MM, that was a very peculiar thing to do to the guys he played with for years. He was a traitor to them, even though he was no longer on the team with them.Some help they got. If anything he gave them the wrong info cuz they got stomped. :lol:

I guess what I dont understand is why the thing that made him loved makes him hated now. Being wrong, being vengeful, being human.

Scott Campbell
08-21-2009, 05:43 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8694746/Sunday-Scoops:-Is-Favre-guilty-of-insider-trading

Excerpt:

"Several sources have told FOX Sports that Favre earlier this year phoned the Detroit Lions prior to their battle versus Favre's old team, the Green Bay Packers, and gave them a rundown of the nuances of what Green Bay does on offense. According to the sources, Favre actually spent over an hour on the phone with Lions coaches, who were connected with Favre by then-team president Matt Millen.

While the Lions still lost and the Packers and Favre's replacement Aaron Rodgers played well, it's still baffling that the Packers legend would spend such a significant chunk of time giving tips to an opponent of his long-time franchise.

Other teams the Packers have played had also heard about the Favre coaching clinic with Detroit. In addition, there have been rumors that Favre has spoken to other teams giving them information, but most of those teams insist they have not heard from the famed gunslinger.

However, another team says it has had casual talks in the past with Favre and talked about some of what Green Bay does, but it was nowhere near the details he let loose to the Lions.

Still, Favre has the right to do whatever he pleases. If he wants to help other teams there is nothing in league rules that prevents him from doing so."

The Shadow
08-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Big talent, small man.

Patler
08-21-2009, 06:04 PM
Some help they got. If anything he gave them the wrong info cuz they got stomped. :lol:

Just think what it might have been without "help"! :lol:

green_bowl_packer
08-21-2009, 09:21 PM
Suppose this is as good a thread as any since the directive to not start too many Favre threads.

From the sound of the comments of Jemele Hill of ESPN you'd think she was from the Philadelphia boo Santa crowd - she's all for pelting the purple dinosaur with batteries when he comes back to Lambeau.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Biggs-ESPN-apologizes-for-remark.html

Biggs: ESPN apologizes for remark

by Brad Biggs
August 21, 02009
Print This

ESPN issued a statement regarding comments by writer Jemele Hill after she encouraged Green Bay Packers fans to find an alternative use for the batteries that go dead in their remotes between now and the Nov. 1 meeting with the Minnesota Vikings at Lambeau Field.

Hill suggested that fans use those batters to greet Brett Favre when he returns to the place he called home for 16 seasons.

“Listen to me, OK,” Hill said while appearing on ESPN’s “First Take’’ on Wednesday. “If you have a shred of pride, you will give Brett Favre the Duracell treatment when he comes to Lambeau Field.”

Asked what “Duracell treatment” meant, Hill replied, “Batteries. Batteries.”

Encouraging fans to hurl objects onto a playing field or at athletes is inappropriate. Hill goes on to say that Favre has to go down in boos, but there’s a difference between booing and jeering an athlete and throwing objects from the stands.

USA Today picked up the item in blogs, but it’s gone mostly unnoticed. ESPN wrote in a statement that “Jemele understood her comments regarding Brett Favre’s return were inappropriate and immediately apologized.”

Follow me on Twitter: BradBiggs

Fritz
08-21-2009, 10:07 PM
That's some effin' advice. Hey, throw batteries at someone you don't like!

He didn't break any laws. He did some stuff that I don't respect, and I don't think much of how he's handled all of it, but advising people to throw batteries? And that coming from a major (if screwed up) media organization?

That's really bad. Really bad.

Say, I don't like what that reporter did....

Let's throw batteries at that chick!

GrnBay007
08-21-2009, 10:36 PM
I guess soon enough we'll find out which Packer fans have class and which ones don't.

Lurker64
08-21-2009, 10:38 PM
Be smart: use D-Cells.

Scott Campbell
08-21-2009, 10:48 PM
I guess soon enough we'll find out which Packer fans have good aim and which ones don't.

Fixed.

8-)

Scott Campbell
08-21-2009, 10:49 PM
That was a tasteless joke, and Scott Campbell does not condone violence. It's just a game. But please, boo all you like.

swede
08-21-2009, 11:02 PM
This is really unfortunate. I'd hate to let the proud image of Lambeau be sullied by fans who might choose to behave stupidly.

I had originally been in favor of loud lusty booing, and was even more attracted to the idea of 50,000 backs being turned.

After a good think-think it seems to me that it would be just fine for fans to stand and cheer loudly for Brett when he returns. The mystique and honor of Lambeau would remain unsullied, the fans would be regarded as classy and honorable, and Favre would become emotionally conflicted, tear off his purple jersey, throw his purple helmet to the visitor's sideline, and walk off of Lambeau's green turf for the last time, entering the pantheon of Packer heroes with his honor intact.

That or he would throw a bunch of picks and get sacked four times.

Scott Campbell
08-21-2009, 11:05 PM
After a good think-think it seems to me that it would be just fine for fans to stand and cheer loudly for Brett when he returns.

The last thing in the world the big jerk needs is another 70,000 enablers.

Bossman641
08-21-2009, 11:06 PM
This is really unfortunate. I'd hate to let the proud image of Lambeau be sullied by fans who might choose to behave stupidly.

I had originally been in favor of loud lusty booing, and was even more attracted to the idea of 50,000 backs being turned.

After a good think-think it seems to me that it would be just fine for fans to stand and cheer loudly for Brett when he returns. The mystique and honor of Lambeau would remain unsullied, the fans would be regarded as classy and honorable, and Favre would become emotionally conflicted, tear off his purple jersey, throw his purple helmet to the visitor's sideline, and walk off of Lambeau's green turf for the last time, entering the pantheon of Packer heroes with his honor intact.

Sorry Swede but I just couldn't get myself to do that. I want to fork over the $400 just so I can boo Favre at the game.

Rastak
08-21-2009, 11:07 PM

Swede, I was joking with a Pack fan at work who is particularly distrought (literally) about this latest Favre development but I told him perhaps he's a double agent. During the game at Lambeau on the final drive to win the game he tosses the ball to a Packer LB blitzing and turns to the Viking sideline and flips Chilly the bird.

By the way, a woman at work stenciled "Favre Hates Me" on her Favre jersey she wears every casual Friday....saw it this morning. My only reaction was wtf?

Lurker64
08-21-2009, 11:12 PM
By the way, a woman at work stenciled "Favre Hates Me" on her Favre jersey she wears every casual Friday....saw it this morning. My only reaction was wtf?

Did she have Brett Favre and Rod Smart confused?

Rastak
08-21-2009, 11:23 PM

Did she have Brett Favre and Rod Smart confused?

It was funny, she was livid when the news came down....so I'm heading to grab a coffee with a buddy at work this morning and I see she's got some writing on her back (Favre jersey) from down the hall......I'm like, wtf? So I say, hang on and go look and that's the first thing I thought of....."He Hate Me".......

gex
08-22-2009, 12:54 AM
I guess soon enough we'll find out which Packer fans have class and which ones don't.

IMO any Packer fan that boo's and yells foul comments to opposing teams lacks class. Cheer for your team, when offense is on field cheer for the O, when defense is on field cheer for the D to make the stop.

People who partake in negativity (booing and screaming at the opposing team) are no better than those who would do the same thing at their kids games, or Philly fans lol!

Real Packer fans know how to handle themselves at a game, despite what a few of the haters around here seem to think :cry: They certainly do not represent Packer Nation.

SnakeLH2006
08-22-2009, 01:25 AM
Hitler was pissed too pursuing Brett:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0DI8rwCWFA&feature=fvw

Gunakor
08-22-2009, 01:35 AM

IMO any Packer fan that boo's and yells foul comments to opposing teams lacks class. Cheer for your team, when offense is on field cheer for the O, when defense is on field cheer for the D to make the stop.

People who partake in negativity (booing and screaming at the opposing team) are no better than those who would do the same thing at their kids games, or Philly fans lol!

Real Packer fans know how to handle themselves at a game, despite what a few of the haters around here seem to think :cry: They certainly do not represent Packer Nation.

What's wrong with booing? I don't agree with the ESPN figure suggesting we throw batteries, but booing is more than acceptable as it doesn't hurt anybody yet gets the message across. Fans should have the right to make thier displeasure known. Even Packer fans representing Packer Nation.

Zool
08-22-2009, 01:44 AM
No shit Gunk. Booing is 100% my right as a ticket purchasing fan. If players are too sensitive to take it, they might want to find a new line of work.

I boo the living piss out of every team not named Packers. I don't give 2 shits who's on the other side. I go to the baggydome and boo the Vikings.

If you ain't with us, you against us.

MJZiggy
08-22-2009, 07:17 AM

Real Packer fans know how to handle themselves at a game, despite what a few of the haters around here seem to think :cry: They certainly do not represent Packer Nation. This ain't no kids game. There is a huge difference between booing a professional football team and booing a 7-year old. And Philly fans do not have a no-class rep for booing the other team. It's for booing their own. The fact that they assault opposing fans may have something to do with it as well. Trash talk is one thing, but they take things too far.

Scott Campbell
08-22-2009, 07:43 AM

Few? :lol:

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/unrestricted/entry/view/30845/burning_desire_to_fry_favre

Burning Desire to Fry Favre
Friday, August 21, 2009
Posted By Unrestricted 7:24 PM
Got Brett Favre Packers stuff you're dying to dispose of? If your in the neighborhood of Rockford, Ill., here's your chance.

Rockford Speedway has a promotion for Saturday's races that offers $4 off adult admission to anyone who turns in a Favre souvenir from his Packers days, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports.

The plan? On Sept. 19, the stuff will be fried by a jet dragster.

"The Packer loyalists are hurting right now, and I am right there with them” Speedway GM Gregg McKarns says in a statement on the track's website. "As a fellow Packer fan, there will be nothing sweeter than burning these items with the Green Mamba Jet Car at our Night of Thrills September 19. The Jets fiasco was forgivable, but the Vikings, not a chance."

MOBB DEEP
08-22-2009, 08:07 AM
Suppose this is as good a thread as any since the directive to not start too many Favre threads.

From the sound of the comments of Jemele Hill of ESPN you'd think she was from the Philadelphia boo Santa crowd - she's all for pelting the purple dinosaur with batteries when he comes back to Lambeau.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Biggs-ESPN-apologizes-for-remark.html

Biggs: ESPN apologizes for remark

by Brad Biggs
August 21, 02009
Print This

ESPN issued a statement regarding comments by writer Jemele Hill after she encouraged Green Bay Packers fans to find an alternative use for the batteries that go dead in their remotes between now and the Nov. 1 meeting with the Minnesota Vikings at Lambeau Field.

Hill suggested that fans use those batters to greet Brett Favre when he returns to the place he called home for 16 seasons.

“Listen to me, OK,” Hill said while appearing on ESPN’s “First Take’’ on Wednesday. “If you have a shred of pride, you will give Brett Favre the Duracell treatment when he comes to Lambeau Field.”

Asked what “Duracell treatment” meant, Hill replied, “Batteries. Batteries.”

Encouraging fans to hurl objects onto a playing field or at athletes is inappropriate. Hill goes on to say that Favre has to go down in boos, but there’s a difference between booing and jeering an athlete and throwing objects from the stands.

USA Today picked up the item in blogs, but it’s gone mostly unnoticed. ESPN wrote in a statement that “Jemele understood her comments regarding Brett Favre’s return were inappropriate and immediately apologized.”

Follow me on Twitter: BradBiggs

i watched that ep and hill was DEF tongue n cheek when making that statement

she is class personafied from what ive seen

MOBB DEEP
08-22-2009, 08:18 AM
People who partake in negativity (booing and screaming at the opposing team) are no better than those who would do the same thing at their kids games

dayum, im feeling convicted now...to be transparent i did yell at refs during my son's highschool bball playoff game a few years ago :x

gex
08-22-2009, 03:43 PM

Real Packer fans know how to handle themselves at a game, despite what a few of the haters around here seem to think :cry: They certainly do not represent Packer Nation. This ain't no kids game. There is a huge difference between booing a professional football team and booing a 7-year old. And Philly fans do not have a no-class rep for booing the other team. It's for booing their own. The fact that they assault opposing fans may have something to do with it as well. Trash talk is one thing, but they take things too far.

Where's the line drawn then? and by whom... what's acceptable to one may be way over the line for others. Why be negative at all and not root on your own team.

MJZiggy
08-22-2009, 05:09 PM
You don't understand where the line becomes clear? You don't see the difference between booing a professional team and throwing batteries at people? I personally don't boo anyone (I may have to make an exception soon), but I don't begrudge others who have paid one hell of a lot of money to be there from being heard--toward the team. And keep your beer, fists and projectiles to yourself. (can't imagine why anyone'd throw stadium beer anyway, expensive as it is.)

Pugger
08-22-2009, 06:12 PM
I'm with Ziggy. If I were going to Lambeau when the queens come to town I'd boo them ALL like I used to do when my hubby and I went to games (we still have our tix). I also lustily booed the pandas. I never booed the loins. I felt sorry for them...

Rastak
08-22-2009, 06:18 PM
I'm with Ziggy. If I were going to Lambeau when the queens come to town I'd boo them ALL like I used to do when my hubby and I went to games (we still have our tix). I also lustily booed the pandas. I never booed the loins. I felt sorry for them...

You have tix and never go? Why?

MadtownPacker
08-22-2009, 10:11 PM

You have tix and never go? Why?Dont worry about it. She needs to just hook up all of us with face value now that we know about it.

I think it is OK to boo in your own stadium. Doing it on the road isn't IMO. Cursing and throwing shit aint right anywheres.

This doesnt apply to kid sports. Shouldnt be any booing at that level.

Iron Mike
08-22-2009, 10:13 PM
I'm with Ziggy.

*jealous* 8-)

MJZiggy
08-22-2009, 10:24 PM
I'm with Ziggy.

*jealous* 8-)

I've been explaining this to B for two years, Et tu?

Iron Mike
08-22-2009, 10:26 PM
I'm with Ziggy.

*jealous* 8-)

HAHAHA!!! I know differently. 8-)

MJZiggy
08-22-2009, 10:28 PM
I'm with Ziggy.

*jealous* 8-)

HAHAHA!!! I know differently. 8-)

:shock:

Pugger
08-23-2009, 12:30 AM

You have tix and never go? Why?

Because we retired and moved 1400 miles away from Lambeau. My sister buys them from us.

gex
08-23-2009, 11:34 PM

Where's the line drawn then? and by whom... what's acceptable to one may be way over the line for others. Why be negative at all and not root on your own team.

So may I spill my beer on your head as I'm villifyning the opposing team or is that "past YOUR line".... might not be past mine.

Haters want to think its alright to hate, but in reality it is never "ok or cool" to those of us who want to cheer our team to victory without putting the other team down.
Do you feel the only way to "rise"is to step upon someone else? :oops:

Gunakor
08-24-2009, 12:30 AM

If you haven't grown thick enough skin to be able to handle mild public criticism such as booing, perhaps you should find a new line of work where you aren't in front of 70k screaming critics while on the job, while at the same time being filmed for potentially hundreds of thousands or more who are not there in person to critique you.

Why be negative? Because we hate the guys on the other sideline and we're gonna let them know it. Because it's a rivalry. Because the emotional investment is a significant part of what we look forward to in Green Bay Packer football. So we boo with all our might, while cheering our own team at the same time. It's all part of the experience.

gex
08-24-2009, 12:33 AM

If you haven't grown thick enough skin to be able to handle mild public criticism such as booing, perhaps you should find a new line of work where you aren't in front of 70k screaming critics while on the job, while at the same time being filmed for potentially hundreds of thousands or more who are not there in person to critique you.

Why be negative? Because we hate the guys on the other sideline and we're gonna let them know it. Because it's a rivalry. Because the emotional investment is a significant part of what we look forward to in Green Bay Packer football. So we boo with all our might, while cheering our own team at the same time. It's all part of the experience.

FAIL

sharpe1027
08-24-2009, 12:53 AM

I agree, where do you draw the line?

If you root for your team, that necessarily means that you are rooting against the other team. That is disrespectful of the other team, I mean they are trying really hard too. They should just give both teams a win and 32 teams can get the Lombardi trophy every year. Then we can all pay $100 to attend a game where we can cheer for both sides.

Gunakor
08-24-2009, 01:01 AM

FAIL

Care to elaborate?

th87
08-24-2009, 02:33 AM

FAIL

Care to elaborate?

Your post employs logic and reason. And since that doesn't jive with gex's world of histrionic cliches without substance, it is considered a fail in that world.

Tarlam!
08-24-2009, 02:41 AM
Your post employs logic and reason. And since that doesn't jive with gex's world of histrionic cliches without substance, it is considered a fail in that world.

Now, that was funny. :D :D :D

ThunderDan
08-24-2009, 08:04 AM
So may I spill my beer on your head as I'm villifyning the opposing team or is that "past YOUR line".... might not be past mine.

Haters want to think its alright to hate, but in reality it is never "ok or cool" to those of us who want to cheer our team to victory without putting the other team down. Do you feel the only way to "rise"is to step upon someone else? :oops:

That is the biggest myth in sport if you believe it. Trust me, it is worse walking on to a field to dead silence than geting booed. And do you really think the other team doesn't realize no one is cheering for them?

MOBB DEEP
08-24-2009, 09:33 AM
i truly believe that favre will get his fair share of cheers when he enters lambeau. esp. if the pack's record is as good as it should be

im rough on the opposition when watchn games at home but in public i try to enjoy the event w/o getn too emotional to the point im embarassed or embarass others...kids DEF shouldnt hear obsenities imo

MichiganPackerFan
08-24-2009, 09:59 AM
This ain't no kids game. There is a huge difference between booing a professional football team and booing a 7-year old.

Now hold on, if the 7 year old doesn't run out a ground ball or goes out of bounds to avoid a hit, I think there's grounds to boo. :twisted:

(Edit correct source of quote)

MichiganPackerFan
08-24-2009, 10:05 AM
You don't understand where the line becomes clear? You don't see the difference between booing a professional team and throwing batteries at people? I personally don't boo anyone (I may have to make an exception soon), but I don't begrudge others who have paid one hell of a lot of money to be there from being heard--toward the team. And keep your beer, fists and projectiles to yourself. (can't imagine why anyone'd throw stadium beer anyway, expensive as it is.)

There's never an excuse to throw beer. Beer must also be continuously monitored to avoid spillage. Any unfortunate and accidental spillage must be responded to by implementing a mourning and grieving period of at least fifteen minutes. It is perfectly acceptable to address this grief with additional beer.

Scott Campbell
08-24-2009, 10:59 AM
Any unfortunate and accidental spillage must be responded to by implementing a mourning and grieving period of at least fifteen minutes.

Maybe I missed the memo. We don't burn churches anymore?

Scott Campbell
08-24-2009, 11:00 AM
i truly believe that favre will get his fair share of cheers when he enters lambeau.

I'd like a piece of that action.

Scott Campbell
08-24-2009, 11:04 AM

FAIL

Maybe you should follow your own advice.

MadtownPacker
08-24-2009, 11:05 AM
Gex, quit being a damn wimp!!

Pugger
08-24-2009, 02:30 PM
Like Ziggy said, I wouldn't throw beer! :shock: The price of the darn things at stadiums is ridiculous. I paid $6.50 for a small plastic bottle of ML at Miller Park last month when we were up in WI renting a student apartment for the summer at UWGB.

Packers4Ever
08-24-2009, 05:52 PM
[quote=GrnBay007]I guess soon enough we'll find out which Packer fans have class and which ones don't.

Real Packer fans know how to handle themselves at a game, despite what a few of the haters around here seem to think :cry: They certainly do not represent Packer Nation.[/quote/]

I couldn't have said it any better, Gex !

Fritz
08-24-2009, 06:28 PM
I maintain that complete silence upon Favre's entrance would be the best response of all.

That would suck for him!

MichiganPackerFan
08-24-2009, 06:29 PM
I maintain that complete silence upon Favre's entrance would be the best response of all.

That would suck for him!

Hand out the newspapers as we did back in high school at basketball games?

Scott Campbell
08-24-2009, 06:53 PM
[quote=GrnBay007]I guess soon enough we'll find out which Packer fans have class and which ones don't.

Real Packer fans know how to handle themselves at a game, despite what a few of the haters around here seem to think :cry: They certainly do not represent Packer Nation.[/quote/]

Blah, blah, blah. I bet they'd both boo Ted.

HarveyWallbangers
08-24-2009, 07:40 PM

http://rubechat.kfan.com/images/smilies/Box.gif

MOBB DEEP
08-25-2009, 01:04 AM

:oops:

MJZiggy
08-25-2009, 06:34 AM
You too, Mobb? I didn't think you had THAT much man love... :shock:

MOBB DEEP
08-25-2009, 08:44 AM
You too, Mobb? I didn't think you had THAT much man love... :shock:

:wink:

Pugger
08-25-2009, 02:16 PM
I seriously doubt BF gives a darn what the fans in Lambeau do, frankly.

Guiness
08-25-2009, 03:08 PM
Favre is the enemy now. Much of it has to do with his MOTIVATION for playing with the Vikes. He wants to stick it to TT/The Pack, and so I hope they stick it to him with 2 losses this year to us and maybe a couple of good, clean (but hard) sacks.

That sums it up for me too. It's what his motivation for playing is that gets me.

A guy like Sharper...didn't want to take a pay cut, Vikings offered him more - no one blames him for that. Blame him for flapping in the breeze like a flag trying to drag someone down, sure, but I don't blame him for that decision. Sure, he was anxious to get some wins over his old team, but that's normal.

What's that quote about burning up inside? If beating the Packers is his primary motivation, I don't see where that sustains him all year. They better hope there's some desire to play football for other reasons in there.

Guiness
08-25-2009, 03:17 PM
You bet BF manipulated the system! He "retired" from NY to get out of his contract with them knowing the Jets would give him what TT wouldn't - his unconditional release. He fanagled his way out of NY so he could become a FA and go to the team he probably has wanted to go to since Shermy was canned. BF wanted to go to a team that will treat him like royalty just like Rhodes and Shermy did here before MM came along. If anyone thinks Chilly is gonna be able to rein in Mr. Interception Leader they are sadly mistaken.

Man, through all of this, the Jets got the worst of it.

2nd round pick lost, missed playoffs, set any QB development back a year. Yuck.

Guiness
08-25-2009, 03:49 PM
Two years ago, in the central Chinese city of Chongquing, the local government set out to build the world's largest bathroom.

I didn't know that. Thank you Harvey, it's the most informative part of this whole thread, I'm sure! (I can't say for certain, cause I skipped most of it)

Fritz
08-25-2009, 04:20 PM

It was a third rounder, but your point is well-taken.

And on top of it all, they drafted a USC QB whose coach publicly said he should've stayed in school.

Ah, the Jets.

woodbuck27
08-25-2009, 04:59 PM
Gex, quit being a damn wimp!!

Taakeelaa. :D

hello. :D

Scott Campbell
08-25-2009, 05:02 PM

The team definitely got the worst of it. But the organization sold some jerseys and some seat licenses. It probably wasn't a complete bust.

MOBB DEEP
08-26-2009, 03:57 AM
lord favre hookd the jets up by taking them on a great journey and puttn them back on the map/makn them relevant again; like he does EVERY franchise :wink:

king midas

so it was worth it to the brass