PDA

View Full Version : Am I the Only One Thinking Good For You Brett?

packerbacker1234
08-19-2009, 05:08 AM
It seems to be that way. Many think he is betraying the franchise, many people dread him wearing purple. Some are afraid of the vikings being better then us now. Others are just making fun of him. Others feel this secures our division. Others are sick of the favre saga and realize that a year from now we have to do it all over again.

To me: I say good for you Brett. You want to play football. The Jets suck. GB didn't want you. The vikings did. It is a good situation. A decent running game, a decent defense. Sub par WR's. They need a face, and someone who can win in crunch time. That is what you provide.

I never really hoped on with all the favre hate 2 years ago, and I wont now. The guy wants to play football and I have to admit: The vikings are a good situation for him. Sure, maybe it's for 2 "revenge" games, but if his team makes the playoffs and we don't, I would think twice.

personally, I want to see The packers dominate and win the division this season, and win the super bowl, but I wouldn't mind the vikings grabbing a WC spot with favre there. I respect both AP and Favre. Plus, more teams from our division in the playoffs is good for our division.

It also could potentionally set up a NFC Championship game at Lambeau with Favre and the vikings coming to town. Tell me that wouldn't be exciting. We better win if that happens.

Just saying though, good for you Brett. You wanted to play, you wanted a chance to beat the packers, you want to go to playoffs and win a super bowl possibly: The vikings are as good of team as any for you to attempt to get it done with. That is, unless we came knocking, which would never happen.

packrulz
08-19-2009, 05:56 AM
The Packers moved on with ARod, Brett still wants to play, so he moved on to another team. I think he should've stayed retired, but I've accepted it, and I don't take it personal. I'll still wear my Favre jersey, but I do hope he retires as a Packer.

mraynrand
08-19-2009, 06:22 AM
small crowd in here

packinpatland
08-19-2009, 06:48 AM
Any player should be able to play anywhere.............it's a game....it's business.

Having said that, from the getgo it should have been handled differently. Plently of blame to go 'round on both sides.

Being a RedSox fan, I still have a very hard time everytime Damon steps into the battersbox for the Yankees..........this won't be much different.

SkinBasket
08-19-2009, 07:13 AM
They need a face...
http://nbcsportsmedia2.msnbc.com/j/NBCSports/Sections/Personal/Williams,%20Ed/Photos/Crying/crying_BrettFavre.widec.jpg

and someone who can win in crunch time.
http://archive.profootballtalk.com/FavreThrow.jpg

That is what you provide.

Indeed.

mraynrand
08-19-2009, 07:25 AM
http://s453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/?action=view&current=favreslastGBtoss.flv

http://s453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/?action=view&current=favremoonshot.flv

http://s453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/?action=view&current=favrebailout.flv

http://s453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/?action=view&current=notfavre.flv

Bretsky
08-19-2009, 07:55 AM
I wish Brett Favre well and am on board with much of the original posters views

HarveyWallbangers
08-19-2009, 07:57 AM
Except for our Brett. Is he the only iconic QB to ever play for his team's most hated rival? (And yes, right now the Vikings are the Pack's most heated rival.)

But as Jim Souhan of the Star Tribune writes, you can't deny the enormity of what occurred:

The most iconic quarterback of his generation, a player who mastered the most important and scrutinized position in sports while revitalizing the quaintest franchise in football, in two years maneuvered his way from the team that not too long ago regarded him as a deity to the team that not too long ago regarded him as Diablo. This doesn't happen, not with a player of this fame at a position of this importance in a rivalry of this intensity.

Bretsky
08-19-2009, 08:00 AM
I thought the Bears were our most hated rival.

I really haven't bitterly hated the Vikings since Denny Green and the incident where a Safety gouged Franky Winters eyes........although Franky was a dirty player as well

MichiganPackerFan
08-19-2009, 08:17 AM
Any player should be able to play anywhere.............it's a game....it's business.

Having said that, from the getgo it should have been handled differently. Plently of blame to go 'round on both sides.

Being a RedSox fan, I still have a very hard time everytime Damon steps into the battersbox for the Yankees..........this won't be much different.

I think a better analogy would involve Babe Ruth. Favre was the face of football, Damon's not close.

MichiganPackerFan
08-19-2009, 08:21 AM

I really haven't bitterly hated the Vikings since Denny Green and the incident where a Safety gouged Franky Winters eyes........although Franky was a dirty player as well
Biggest rival: Bears
Hated rival: Vikings
Mentally-challenged-kid-brother-who-annoys-you-sometimes-rival: Lions

The Bears-Packers rivalry is the foundation of professional football. If you truly love football, you have to respect the history of both teams. You don't get one without the other. If you don't love the history, well, there's always the NBA...

packrat
08-19-2009, 08:33 AM
This move helps the Pack more than the Vikes, and I'm gonna cheer for Brett for coming through for the Pack one more time by giving the Vike's a big distraction who is going to throw that game losing interception when it matters most.

Tarlam!
08-19-2009, 08:45 AM
The Bears-Packers rivalry is the foundation of professional football. If you truly love football, you have to respect the history of both teams. You don't get one without the other. If you don't love the history, well, there's always the NBA...

Did you steal this? This is great stuff. You've been posting great stuff since your return, but, this is worthy of theft.

Kiwon
08-19-2009, 08:46 AM
From a football fan standpoint, Favre's 2nd unretirement is interesting and nauseating - interesting to see how well he does and nauseating to endure another year of endless media centered around an obviously self-absorbed person.

From a Packer fan standpoint, it's very, very interesting and I hoped he is severely humbled the two times we play.

Lurker64
08-19-2009, 08:52 AM
From a Packer fan standpoint, it's very, very interesting and I hoped he is severely humbled the two times we play.

Why stop at two games? There are 14 other Viking games this season (and three more preseason games!) where I hope Favre will be humiliated...

Tarlam!
08-19-2009, 09:00 AM
Why stop at two games? There are 14 other Viking games this season (and three more preseason games!) where I hope Favre will be humiliated...

Why do you want to see a player that did so much for this franchise further humiliated? His crazy decision making off of the field have tarnished his legacy for the short term greatly. The jury is out on long term.

I want to see the Vikings lose against the Pack every time they meet this year and, I hope the Pack wins in triple digits/shutouts etc. I would probably delight in record defeats of the Purple (nothing personal Ras, Golf and Smack).

But, why would any true FAN want to see more humiliation of one of the greatest to ever lace up a cleat, let alone adorn the G&G?

jpompo
08-19-2009, 09:21 AM
[quote="packerbacker1234"]...but I wouldn't mind the vikings grabbing a WC spot with favre there. quote]

I'm not sure you're a Packers fan. Granted, being a Packers fan does not necessarily involve hating the vikings, however, I have yet to meet another fan who shares your sentiment.

packinpatland
08-19-2009, 10:04 AM

I think a better analogy would involve Babe Ruth. Favre was the face of football, Damon's not close.

Yes, you're right..............but I'm much too young to remember the Babe :lol:

mraynrand
08-19-2009, 10:07 AM

As a Viking QB, I hope Favre gets the living shit kicked out of him every single game. I hope he is humiliated with multiple horrible, game-ending interceptions. I wish him no permanent physical damage, but I hope he's taken out on a stretcher every game he plays.

MichiganPackerFan
08-19-2009, 10:42 AM

Did you steal this? This is great stuff. You've been posting great stuff since your return, but, this is worthy of theft.

Just from myself! I repeat some of my core beliefs because I believe they are extremely relevant. Thanks!

GrnBay007
08-19-2009, 11:29 AM

:tup:

bobblehead
08-19-2009, 11:36 AM
http://s453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/?action=view&current=favreslastGBtoss.flv

http://s453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/?action=view&current=favremoonshot.flv

http://s453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/?action=view&current=favrebailout.flv

http://s453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/?action=view&current=notfavre.flv

3 bad routes and a bad coaches decision on the 4th one.

Anyway, I don't wish injury or hate on BF, I wish him not winning the central or beating the packers. Other that that it doesn't matter much. Unfortunately I do think he upgrades the vikings QB situation from god awful to respectable NFL starter which isn't good for us, so I'm pissed at him for that.

Scott Campbell
08-19-2009, 11:55 AM
The Jets suck.

Does this mean you don't hang out on their forum anymore?

bobblehead
08-19-2009, 11:57 AM
One more little thought. Is TJack going to get released and go lead a team to a great turnaround and be considered for the pro bowl??

Chevelle2
08-19-2009, 12:05 PM
One more little thought. Is TJack going to get released and go lead a team to a great turnaround and be considered for the pro bowl??

Everyone hates him but I think he has potential. I would be all for bringing him in, had Flynn not reportedly progressed into a solid #2.

Pugger
08-19-2009, 12:35 PM
I keep hearing folks say Brett should play where ever he wants. Players under contract are not free to play for whomever they want. Brett wasn't technically a FA after his one season with NY. He had one more year remaining on his contract. Favre fanagled his way out of his contract. He "retired" and then asked for his unconditional release. NY didn't learn their lesson the first time. They waived Penningdon last summer and got no compensation. Chad then signs with Miami and he returns to the Meadowlands knocking the Jets out of the playoffs. Now Favre "retires" but NY stupidly gives him his unconditional release. Favre then goes to MN and NY gets zilch. I'm so glad TT didn't just give BF his release last summer. Can you imagin the uproar if BF went to MN and GB got NOTHING in return?? :shock:

mngolf19
08-19-2009, 01:04 PM
[quote="Tarlam I would probably delight in record defeats of the Purple (nothing personal Ras, Golf and Smack).
[/quote]

No problem Tarlam. I feel the same as you, in reverse of course. :)

Kiwon
08-19-2009, 01:07 PM

As a Viking QB, I hope Favre gets the living shit kicked out of him every single game. I hope he is humiliated with multiple horrible, game-ending interceptions. I wish him no permanent physical damage, but I hope he's taken out on a stretcher every game he plays.

:D :D :D :D

Don't forget hoping for the flood surge from a hurricane to totally destroy his grandmother's house.

And letting Michael Vick tend to his dogs when he's away.

mngolf19
08-19-2009, 01:08 PM

Everyone hates him but I think he has potential. I would be all for bringing him in, had Flynn not reportedly progressed into a solid #2.

I've heard they are looking to trade him first. Possible you could get something for him. But eventually he will be gone. I just can't see 4 QBs kept.

Packerarcher
08-19-2009, 01:15 PM

mraynrand,

You are pretty fucked in the head to wish injury on ANYONE,permanent or not. It makes no sense to me the way most of you here can't let the whole Favre thing go. Yet you bashers will say he means nothing to you now that he is not a Packer. Then give it a fucking rest,there are plenty of ex Packers that have played for other teams,even the Queens. Yet none of those players get the bashing Brett does.

packinpatland
08-19-2009, 01:35 PM
Favre impacts Vikings ticket sales

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/08/19/tickets.ap/index.html

Bash him, hate him, love him or leave him.........
He sure can sell tickets.........

Scott Campbell
08-19-2009, 01:35 PM
Then give it a fucking rest,there are plenty of ex Packers that have played for other teams,even the Queens. Yet none of those players get the bashing Brett does.

As far as I know, none of them called opposing teams during game week.

Favre = filthy lying scumbag

FritzDontBlitz
08-19-2009, 01:36 PM
They need a face...
http://nbcsportsmedia2.msnbc.com/j/NBCSports/Sections/Personal/Williams,%20Ed/Photos/Crying/crying_BrettFavre.widec.jpg

and someone who can win in crunch time.
http://archive.profootballtalk.com/FavreThrow.jpg

That is what you provide.

Indeed.

I wonder how many times you mocked Al Harris for being completed humiliated by Plaxico Burrus that game.

ThunderDan
08-19-2009, 01:38 PM
But, why would any true FAN want to see more humiliation of one of the greatest to ever lace up a cleat, let alone adorn the G&G?

Because he is now playing for the Vikings! Viking success = Packer headaches.

packerbacker1234
08-19-2009, 02:03 PM

Did people ignore the whole "2 teams from the NFC North in the playoffs is good for the division" thing that I brought up? It's just like when, 2, sometimes 3 teams are in the playoffs from the NFC East. That is good for their division. If we are to get two in possibly, why not the vikings? I mean, it's either them or the bears. I don't mind either really (as long as we win the division), but I gotta admit that hey, I am still a favre fan. I did follow the jets last year when he played for them, and honestly I don't feel betrayed.

I really like the attitude Favre had yesterday at the press conference. I'm paraphrasing here.

Does this tarnish your legacy:

It's my legacy, it's what I think of it. 16 Great seasons with the packers, you can't undo what I did. I regret how it went down at the end of my packers career... blah blah

What about the media circus, people who feel you betrayed, blah blah, indecisions, unretirement, etc:

Don't Watch if you don't like it.

Scott Campbell
08-19-2009, 02:10 PM
I don't mind either really (as long as we win the division), but I gotta admit that hey, I am still a favre fan. I did follow the jets last year when he played for them, and honestly I don't feel betrayed.

You hung out on the Jets forum all season long, constantly extolling his virtues to a increasingly disgruntled Jet fan base. You're an embarrassment.

ThunderDan
08-19-2009, 02:26 PM

Did people ignore the whole "2 teams from the NFC North in the playoffs is good for the division" thing that I brought up? It's just like when, 2, sometimes 3 teams are in the playoffs from the NFC East. That is good for their division. If we are to get two in possibly, why not the vikings? I mean, it's either them or the bears. I don't mind either really (as long as we win the division), but I gotta admit that hey, I am still a favre fan. I did follow the jets last year when he played for them, and honestly I don't feel betrayed.

I really like the attitude Favre had yesterday at the press conference. I'm paraphrasing here.

Does this tarnish your legacy:

It's my legacy, it's what I think of it. 16 Great seasons with the packers, you can't undo what I did. I regret how it went down at the end of my packers career... blah blah

What about the media circus, people who feel you betrayed, blah blah, indecisions, unretirement, etc:

Don't Watch if you don't like it.

Main Entry: 1leg·a·cy
Pronunciation: \ˈle-gə-sē\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural leg·a·cies
Etymology: Middle English legacie office of a legate, bequest, from Anglo-French or Medieval Latin; Anglo-French, office of a legate, from Medieval Latin legatia, from Latin legatus
Date: 15th century
1 : a gift by will especially of money or other personal property : bequest
2 : something transmitted by or received from an ancestor or predecessor or from the past <the legacy of the ancient philosophers>

See a legacy is what is passed down from one generation to the next. Brett can't selectively say this is my leagacy and not bring up his distractors also. He may want everyone to remember only the positives but that isn't what a legacy is.

ThunderDan
08-19-2009, 02:28 PM

This isn't college football where strength of conference gets you into bowl games.

Packerarcher
08-19-2009, 02:48 PM
"I wonder how many times you mocked Al Harris for being completed humiliated by Plaxico Burrus that game."

People seem to conveneiently forget that Harris being burned repeatedly by an injured Plax is what put that game into desperation mode.

gex
08-19-2009, 02:53 PM
It seems to be that way. Many think he is betraying the franchise, many people dread him wearing purple. Some are afraid of the vikings being better then us now. Others are just making fun of him. Others feel this secures our division. Others are sick of the favre saga and realize that a year from now we have to do it all over again.

To me: I say good for you Brett. You want to play football. The Jets suck. GB didn't want you. The vikings did. It is a good situation. A decent running game, a decent defense. Sub par WR's. They need a face, and someone who can win in crunch time. That is what you provide.

I never really hoped on with all the favre hate 2 years ago, and I wont now. The guy wants to play football and I have to admit: The vikings are a good situation for him. Sure, maybe it's for 2 "revenge" games, but if his team makes the playoffs and we don't, I would think twice.

personally, I want to see The packers dominate and win the division this season, and win the super bowl, but I wouldn't mind the vikings grabbing a WC spot with favre there. I respect both AP and Favre. Plus, more teams from our division in the playoffs is good for our division.

It also could potentionally set up a NFC Championship game at Lambeau with Favre and the vikings coming to town. Tell me that wouldn't be exciting. We better win if that happens.

Just saying though, good for you Brett. You wanted to play, you wanted a chance to beat the packers, you want to go to playoffs and win a super bowl possibly: The vikings are as good of team as any for you to attempt to get it done with. That is, unless we came knocking, which would never happen.

:bclap: :bclap:

Sharper and Longwell played for the Vikes, Reggie was a Panther, etc, etc...
Does anyone remember when most Packer fans were the class of the NFL?

alquaal
08-19-2009, 04:03 PM
Then give it a fucking rest,there are plenty of ex Packers that have played for other teams,even the Queens. Yet none of those players get the bashing Brett does.

Amen brother!

I would of said f'n lying douche bag, but then again I don't talk too pretty.

packerbacker1234
08-19-2009, 05:21 PM
I don't mind either really (as long as we win the division), but I gotta admit that hey, I am still a favre fan. I did follow the jets last year when he played for them, and honestly I don't feel betrayed.

You hung out on the Jets forum all season long, constantly extolling his virtues to a increasingly disgruntled Jet fan base. You're an embarrassment.

Um. I hung out at one jets forum, and I wasn't the only packer fan there. Just because you like one player doesn't mean you are not a true packer fan. I watch more then just the packer games on sunday for various reasons, but mostly because I love to watch the NFL. The packers are merely the only team I am skipping church to make sure I see.

Yeah, I was at a jets forum, as well as packerrats and packersnews. Come now. Can't I be a fan of who I want to be a fan of. It's like you're calling me a traitor because I like favre or something.

Scott Campbell
08-19-2009, 05:27 PM
It's like you're calling me a traitor because I like favre or something.

I didn't call you a traitor. I called you an embarrassment. And anyone curious could just read your posts over there for verification.

Jimx29
08-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Personally I don't jump on and off bandwagons like many do. With that being said, I hope Brett has another MVP season and wins another super bowl.

"Once a fan, ALWAYS a fan"

packinpatland
08-19-2009, 05:36 PM

For heaven's sake St. Vince went to Washington............OK, they weren't division rivals.........
.but it just proves the point that this is a business AND a game.

mmmdk
08-19-2009, 05:39 PM
Personally I don't jump on and off bandwagons like many do. With that being said, I hope Brett has another MVP season and wins another super bowl.

Spoken like a true fanatic; you have stalker potential. :wink:

A jerk is a jerk and Tarkenton has class yet he wore purple; where Favre can wear what color he wants...he's still a big time joke of a human being. Yeah, he can throw darts and loves to play foosball. Thanx for the, now fading, memories Brett!!!

Patler
08-19-2009, 05:51 PM
For heaven's sake St. Vince went to Washington............OK, they weren't division rivals.........

Yes he did...and it wasn't a very popular move, either. Some fans felt he packed and ran because he saw the roster aging without suitable replacements.

But, most fans were more forgiving of Lombardi, perhaps because he brought a heck of a lot more success to the Packers than Favre has.

Scott Campbell
08-19-2009, 06:01 PM

Yes he did...and it wasn't a very popular move, either. Some fans felt he packed and ran because he saw the roster aging without suitable replacements.

But, most fans were more forgiving of Lombardi, perhaps because he brought a heck of a lot more success to the Packers than Favre has.

I don't remember Vince ever being accused of calling opposing teams with gameplan information.

pbmax
08-19-2009, 06:10 PM
mraynrand,

You are pretty fucked in the head to wish injury on ANYONE,permanent or not.
If you hold this to be true, I would be careful looking at the history of this game and those who play defense. Reggie White was once asked if he thought there was conflict between his Christian teachings and beliefs and trying to inflict as much damage as possible to QBs as the rules allow on a hit. He laughed and said everyone who signs up for the game understands what is going on. And any professional knows the defense is trying to knock the starting QB out of it. Consenting adults, he seemed to be saying, can agree to such terms and not violate their beliefs.

McGinn has repeatedly told the story about how Reggie, as an Eagle, got a vicious hit on Favre and purposefully pulled his arm back so he could land on top of Favre and his shoulder. That hit separated Favre's left shoulder from its socket. Reggie said the fact that Favre continued to play was one of the reasons he thought Favre could lead a team to the Super Bowl.

As Tim Harris (I think it was Tim Harris who said this in a commercial):
"This ain't no tennis match!"

Patler
08-19-2009, 06:10 PM

I don't remember Vince ever being accused of calling opposing teams with gameplan information.

He probably would have, but he didn't have a Packer cell phone.

(I know, I know...the cell phone story was false, and wasn't about the game plan info anyway. It was about contacting the Vikings. I still thought it sounded good for the Vince story! :lol: )

sharpe1027
08-19-2009, 06:12 PM
It makes no sense to me the way most of you here can't let the whole Favre thing go. Yet you bashers will say he means nothing to you now that he is not a Packer. Then give it a fucking rest,there are plenty of ex Packers that have played for other teams,even the Queens. Yet none of those players get the bashing Brett does.

Sounds like you can't let go of what he did in the past. In the present, he plays for a division rival. Why should I cheer for his continued success? I applaud his superbowl victory and many years of winning. I defended his struggles during that era and appreciated what seemed to be self-less devotion and honesty to the fans and the team.

That should explain why his selfish, spiteful, untruthful actions of the present open the door for me bashing him. I say that if I gave him credit for having those traits in the past, I can rip on him for lacking them now.

Jimx29
08-19-2009, 06:16 PM
BTW.......if anyone is familiar with "karma", look at what Minneapolis/St.Paul got today......tornadoes....

8-)

ThunderDan
08-19-2009, 07:48 PM

How are you on the Packer bandwagon hoping another team wins the Superbowl???

Fosco33
08-19-2009, 08:55 PM
I can't recall which video - Favre4Ever or one of those...

Well, there's a point in the mix that says something like, "they'll have to drag you off the field." I really think Favre will play until he physically can't. He'll never mentally drop it.

I just wished he'd say, I want to play - or I know I probably want to play. My biggest sports idol ended up being the biggest drama ViQueen ever. This latest (3 week) 'retirement/pause' was the biggest joke in his career and he should be a little more than embarrassed. It makes Chilly look like a tool - which I love.

If the Vikes do well (very well), it took Favre.
If they fail miserably, even Favre couldn't help them.

I don't hope he gets injured. I want FOUR pick potentials in each game, FOUR INTs total and 2 Ws. Beyond that, I hope he enjoys himself.

th87
08-20-2009, 03:07 AM

That's right. I do remember those guys trying to get back at us out of spite. Oh wait, no I don't.

th87
08-20-2009, 03:12 AM

You're right on that - you've been anti-Packer through and through.

mmmdk
08-20-2009, 10:22 AM

True!

But I will never look up to the whining & lying Brat Favre ! The guy is a disgrace as a person. However, I wish Favre the best with his sport; like Wacho Jackson they both probably were/are only sane on their respective stages of limelight - Favre seems to belong on the gridiron.

mraynrand
08-20-2009, 10:59 AM

mraynrand,

You are pretty fucked in the head to wish injury on ANYONE,permanent or not. It makes no sense to me the way most of you here can't let the whole Favre thing go. Yet you bashers will say he means nothing to you now that he is not a Packer. Then give it a fucking rest,there are plenty of ex Packers that have played for other teams,even the Queens. Yet none of those players get the bashing Brett does.

I dislike all Vikings. The better they are, the more vindictive they are, the more despicable they are, the more I hate them. Remember former Packer LB Brady. He was a total asshatt. I hoped he got laid out by Frankie Winters or some other lineman. Same goes for Corey Fuller and Randy Moss. Favre is a bigger, more vindictive asshat than most Vikings and certainly moreso than any other former Packer, possibly with the exception of Brady. If you have other examples, let me know. Finally, I said I didn't want Favre injured (permanent physical damage). I just want his ass kicked all over the field. I hope he's so dazed and confused, they have to escort him off the field, preferably horizontally. He's a Viking. I wish him as much ill will as appropriate in the world of sports.

Fritz
08-20-2009, 11:46 AM

Um. I hung out at one jets forum, and I wasn't the only packer fan there. Just because you like one player doesn't mean you are not a true packer fan. I watch more then just the packer games on sunday for various reasons, but mostly because I love to watch the NFL. The packers are merely the only team I am skipping church to make sure I see.

Yeah, I was at a jets forum, as well as packerrats and packersnews. Come now. Can't I be a fan of who I want to be a fan of. It's like you're calling me a traitor because I like favre or something.

This whole exchange was entertaining in a creepy way. It felt like Scott was accusing that 1234 guy of enjoying some twisted, perverted type of sex, and 1234 responding by grudgingly admitting to it but pretending it was okay.

I like this. Maybe still rooting for Favre to the point you want the Vikings to win games with Favre starring and maybe even winning a SB is like having some sick twisted sexual compulsion that you just can't stop and therefore try to defend as best you can, while still feeling slightly dirty on the inside.

I mean, that's how I handle my sick, twisted sexual compulsions.

MadtownPacker
08-20-2009, 02:21 PM

True!

But I will never look up to the whining & lying Brat Favre ! The guy is a disgrace as a person. However, I wish Favre the best with his sport; like Wacho Jackson they both probably were/are only sane on their respective stages of limelight - Favre seems to belong on the gridiron.eurotrash pleassse, you are no better. Remember how you cried like a lil fucking bitch when the posters game wasnt the one you wanted. Then your trifiling ass went anyways and when GBMichelle called you to meet up with us you turned into a spineless, gutless, piece of shit. So I guess that makes you a whiner and liar no? Haha pathetic! :lol:

Zool
08-20-2009, 02:24 PM
Welcome back!

http://www.anthroblogs.org/nomadicthoughts/archives/welcome-back-kotter.jpg

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-20-2009, 02:38 PM
I wish Favre the best. I hope we kill the Vikings and pick Favre off like crazy when we play him but I don't have any hatred towards him. If he wants to play then he should play. I still think we are better than the Vikings even with Favre. If the defense comes together fast than I don't see how we are not contenders the NFC.

Pugger
08-20-2009, 02:50 PM
Vince went to the 'skins, not Minneapolis or Chicago. Vince was the GM at the time and not the HC.

I don't want BF or any other of those Heidi Hairs in those hideous purple outfits to have any success. I want the GREEN BAY PACKERS to be successful.

packerbacker1234
08-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Vince went to the 'skins, not Minneapolis or Chicago. Vince was the GM at the time and not the HC.

I don't want BF or any other of those Heidi Hairs in those hideous purple outfits to have any success. I want the GREEN BAY PACKERS to be successful.

If we are successful, the vikings success would be irrelevant no? My goal is SB for the pack, it doesn't mean others teams didn't have good years, just not as good as ours.

:)

Packers had a great 2007, but the giants had a better one. I am not against the vikings having a good year: Hell I want the bears to have a good year too. It's one thing to win our division running away with it, it's another to have 3 pretty good teams and we happen to be the best of the 3.

That is more impressive. In that sense, I want the vikings and bears to be good teams this year, so we have to prove "just how good" we really are. Beating up on shit teams proves nothing.

mmmdk
08-20-2009, 03:52 PM
eurotrash pleassse, you are no better. Remember how you cried like a lil fucking bitch when the posters game wasnt the one you wanted. Then your trifiling ass went anyways and when GBMichelle called you to meet up with us you turned into a spineless, gutless, piece of shit. So I guess that makes you a whiner and liar no? Haha pathetic! :lol:

You are deranged! I voted for the Falcons game...explain that fuckhead? Some girl (sure, GBMichelle) left a late saturday message at my hotel but gave no address; explain that fucker! Besides, I came to see my true Packer friend not a bunch of Favre slackers and I really wanted to tailgate sunday but that was boozed away by the PR slackers. The Pack vs Falcs tailgate was the only lie here and my gut feeling was spot on.

So don't start making up stories Mad (person); when I left PR I admit I could have showed some class but people like you got the better of me. I hope the financial crises has you by the balls. :x

PR is a nice place to get Packer info - you're not worth it, Mad.

You pull a knife, Mad, I pull a gun :evil: Hit the brownbag, slacker!

I returned on the 16th of august and Favre soon after - it's a curse!

To the commish: this post is hard, even rude, but I won't back down from hateful attacks from Mad or anyone else. I find Favre a prick and that's my opinion but I won't attack first...ever. So there!

PLEASE do not pick this harsh dispute up. It ain't worth the trouble!
PR posters should focus on Packer Football instead.

woodbuck27
08-20-2009, 04:08 PM

The Packers moved on. They didn't want Favre after the 2007 season. Favre felt he still could contribute. It's ironic to me that now he's finally become the Vikings QB. Let the drama begin and one of the great rivalrys continue.

For the Favre haters on this board. Hate away as obviously that's just the way you are and need to be. You don't even have to justify your needs to hate. Just lay off those of us that have more self respect and will continue to honour a sports hero. The Packers Vs the Vikings. Just pro sports. Just games Packer and NFL fans. Hardly worth any hate.

When I saw that Brett Favre actually signed for two seasons with Minnesota I was taken aback. I just don't want to see that man get seriously injured. Will that move help the Vikings in terms of strengthening them? I believe so. Favre is a winner and moreso knows how to run a west coast offense as well as any QB alive today. If he stays healthy he'll be ' lights out ' good in Minnesota and we can only be thankful the Vikings arn't deep at WR. When did that ever stop Favre?

Having said that. My team has and will remain ' the Packers '.

GO PACK GO!

Scott Campbell
08-20-2009, 04:11 PM
Just lay off those of us that have more self respect ..........

You suck just like everybody else.

Scott Campbell
08-20-2009, 04:12 PM
I just don't want to see that man get seriously injured.

I agree Woody. Moderately injured would suffice.

woodbuck27
08-20-2009, 04:13 PM

Biggest rival: Bears
Hated rival: Vikings
Mentally-challenged-kid-brother-who-annoys-you-sometimes-rival: Lions

I believe our greatest rival since they arrived in the NFL has been the Vikings. Our regular season series all time is very close as I re-call that.

Now if there is one team I hate to see us lose to it's the Cowboys.

Scott Campbell
08-20-2009, 04:14 PM
I believe our greatest rival since they arrived in the NFL has been the Vikings.

Trust the older cheeseheads - it's the Bears.

woodbuck27
08-20-2009, 04:27 PM
I believe our greatest rival since they arrived in the NFL has been the Vikings.

Trust the older cheeseheads - it's the Bears.

Older cheeseheads? Is there anyone older than me and really active on this board?

No Scott. Since the Vikings joined the NFL the competitions between the Packers Vs Vikings has been close to a tie going into last season with I thought the Vikings having the edge. Last season we tightened that up.

Someone will supply the details I'm sure.

The last few decades we've owned the Bears. Hardly a rivalry. Going back over our long history . Yes. The Packers Vs Bears rivalry is one of the greatest in Pro sports.

woodbuck27
08-20-2009, 04:29 PM

No. I'm special. :D

CaptainKickass
08-20-2009, 04:34 PM

Ohhhhhh.....

Ok, I get it now. I had no idea. This explains everything.

:lol:

sheepshead
08-20-2009, 04:35 PM
...http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e102/heymike0308/6376_1111772842016_1457739707_30308.jpg

woodbuck27
08-20-2009, 04:36 PM

No!

Favre = Vikings repeat winners of the NFCN.

Favre = a bite in Ted Thompson's tiny hiney. :D

woodbuck27
08-20-2009, 04:38 PM

Ohhhhhh.....

Ok, I get it now. I had no idea. This explains everything.

:lol:

This is going to be one awesome season at Packerrats if we just have fun with it. Stay 8-)

Fritz
08-20-2009, 04:42 PM
...http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e102/heymike0308/6376_1111772842016_1457739707_30308.jpg

Whoever drew that has no idea what Brent Favre looks like. You'd think a cartoonist could do a little better.

woodbuck27
08-20-2009, 04:46 PM
"I wonder how many times you mocked Al Harris for being completed humiliated by Plaxico Burrus that game."

People seem to conveneiently forget that Harris being burned repeatedly by an injured Plax is what put that game into desperation mode.

Yup. And we wouldn't have even gone to OT if Giants HC Tom Coughlan had of run with Plaxico Buress all day. He owned Al Harris.

We we had on both sidelines for Head Coach's. Dumb and Dumber :D and you decide which was which. Mike McCarthy's head was freeze dried within 30 minutes of arriving at Lambeau. Why didn't he ' really lay on the stupid ' and hold team practise's that week in Hawaii?

Scott Campbell
08-20-2009, 04:47 PM
Older cheeseheads? Is there anyone older than me and really active on this board?

I figure you're the oldest guy in the Western Hemisphere. But you're not a cheesehead. People who haven't lived it don't fully understand - IMO.

woodbuck27
08-20-2009, 04:49 PM

I figure you're the oldest guy in the Western Hemisphere. But you're not a cheesehead.

No. . . . I guess I'm not.

Scott Campbell
08-20-2009, 04:52 PM

Ok Woody.

http://www.brainshavings.com/images/ShortBus.jpg

woodbuck27
08-20-2009, 04:53 PM

Sometime before Packerrats was created? No seriously. One man can devide any nation. Even Packer Nation. We can overcome that here. :idea:

woodbuck27
08-20-2009, 04:55 PM

Ok Woody.

http://www.brainshavings.com/images/ShortBus.jpg

Hahahahahahahahahahahaa :lol:

woodbuck27
08-20-2009, 04:57 PM

Hey Packer fan kudos for your honesty. Trust this too.

There are many Packer fans here at Packerrats that are alot like you.