PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Running Back Stat

Chevelle2
08-20-2009, 02:27 PM
http://www.realgmfootball.com/src_wiretap_archives/13323/20090819/turner_not_fearing_370_curse/

Running backs who rush for more than 370 carries in a season will either have a significant decline or get hurt the following season. Only one running back, Eric Dickerson, has been able to beat the curse.

*In 2008 Peterson ran the ball 363 times.

Thoughts?

Partial
08-20-2009, 02:29 PM
face-palm

MadtownPacker
08-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Thoughts? WTF does this have to do with the Packers?

But since your brain cell deficient self asked. Dickerson was special and sadly so is peterson.

Scott Campbell
08-20-2009, 02:31 PM
WTF does this have to do with the Packers?

They're on the schedule twice douchebag.

Zool
08-20-2009, 02:32 PM
My thought is don't take Turner #1 overall. He's gonna regress this year.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-20-2009, 02:33 PM
Thoughts? WTF does this have to do with the Packers?

But since your brain cell deficient self asked. Dickerson was special and sadly so is peterson.

lol

MadtownPacker
08-20-2009, 02:37 PM
WTF does this have to do with the Packers?

They're on the schedule twice douchebag.Oh, such strong words. I better run and hide at the sportsbubbler for a few months like you did.

You experts already said Favre is gonna throw 5 picks each game so it doesnt matter if peterson runs for 500yds each game.

Scott Campbell
08-20-2009, 02:39 PM
I better run and hide at the sportsbubbler for a few months like you did.

I really wish you wouldn't pimp other sites. Joe paid good money for this place.

Welcome back!

MadScientist
08-20-2009, 02:40 PM
The article is a bit limited in it's analysis. Runners who rush 370 times are most likely good backs having a good season. The following season, the opponents are more likely to do what they can to stop the 1 guy for the other team and so production dips and attempts go down. Other cases were injury situations, which workload could be part of the equation, but it could be just a case where there is a chance of injury on any give attempt, and the more attempts, the more chances of getting hurt regardless of previous workload.

In AP's case, he just needs to stay healthy and hope that Favre presence will cause more 7-man fronts than 8-man fronts. That will help his production. The 363 attempts from last year is unlikely to mean much this season.

packerbacker1234
08-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Really this is vikings board talk: But peterson is youthful, and can still handle loads like that. Peterson is just that special sort of player.

I think the vikings hope is that load can be lessened now with a decent QB.

MadtownPacker
08-20-2009, 02:43 PM

I really wish you wouldn't pimp other sites. Joe paid good money for this place.

Welcome back!I have always been loyal to this group of posters no matter where we where. Can you say the same?

Scott Campbell
08-20-2009, 02:47 PM

Welcome back!I have always been loyal to this group of posters no matter where we where. Can you say the same?

Lighten up Madtown. Everybody is happy to have you back, and I think we should all bust your balls to make you feel welcome.

MadtownPacker
08-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Lighten up Madtown. Everybody is happy to have you back, and I think we should all bust your balls to make you feel welcome.Hell no! I have years of shit talking to catch up on.

Scott Campbell
08-20-2009, 02:50 PM
I have always been loyal to this group of posters no matter where we where. Can you say the same?

Alright then, fine. No. I am very naughty.

Happy now? Lets talk football.

Fritz
08-20-2009, 04:32 PM
Well, he came up 7 carries short. So he'll be healthy, I guess.

Brandon494
08-20-2009, 05:02 PM
Didn't Grant have the 5th most carries in the league last season?

mission
08-20-2009, 05:17 PM
Well, he came up 7 carries short. So he'll be healthy, I guess.

That's about as far as I got in this thread. 363 << 370 ... N/A :lol:

mission
08-20-2009, 05:18 PM

5th most yards after initial contact as well. Surprising stat there considering it seemed like he never broke a single tackle. 8-)

Rastak
08-20-2009, 06:06 PM

You really shouldn't mention that, Chevelle is creating multiple threads to convince himself the Vikings won't repeat as divisional champs....he's leaving no stone unturned....LOL.

pbmax
08-20-2009, 06:37 PM
I love your work Chevelle2, but...

... not so fast my friend.

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2008/07/drunkards-light-posts-and-myth-of-370.html

MadtownPacker
08-20-2009, 11:55 PM

You really shouldn't mention that, Chevelle is creating multiple threads to convince himself the Vikings won't repeat as divisional champs....he's leaving no stone unturned....LOL.Whoa, whoa, whoa! Slow your roll troll-lite. This aint gonna be no picnic. I fully expect the Pack to be strong. The drama that is going to unfold this season is going to be something that is remembered for years however it plays out. ARod has a chance to write his name is NFL lore this season. Beating Favre would be the ultimate symbol of who's team it is now. I will hate seeing #4 in purple but at the same time it is too good to resist the show. The young lion vs the old lion.

Shit is gonna be bad ass.

Rastak
08-21-2009, 06:30 AM
Hey, if the Packers defense comes around quickly it's gonna be a great race. I agree you you actually. Chevelle just seems to be trying to convince himself desperately that it won't be a race from what I see.

Old Lion vs Young Lion was the main reason I was disappointed when old Favre decided wasntready/didwanttogotocamp, whichever. The story was going to be a great one either way if he came back and now he has.