PDA

View Full Version : Rouse carted off field

Partial
08-20-2009, 09:39 PM
:(

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/53887457.html

Lurker64
08-20-2009, 09:53 PM
Well... Anthony Smith just made the Roster, and probably Jarret Bush too.

Too bad about Rouse, hope it's not major.

Partial
08-20-2009, 09:56 PM
On the plus side, I really like Rouse's potential in this system. I think he needs a year or two to grow into a role here. IR him if he tore something, and let him spend a year rehabbing and and getting in the best shape of his life.

MichiganPackerFan
08-21-2009, 08:05 AM
Always thought he was overrated, but I'll certainly admit I never paid much attention to him. Anyone have a good analysis of his play?

Patler
08-21-2009, 08:39 AM
Always thought he was overrated, but I'll certainly admit I never paid much attention to him. Anyone have a good analysis of his play?

Wildly inconsistent.

Cheesehead Craig
08-21-2009, 09:43 AM
Great line from the story:

"Rouse hadn't made a push for either of the starting safety positions manned by Nick Collins and Atari Bishop."

Who the hell is Atari Bishop? :lol:

sharpe1027
08-21-2009, 09:47 AM

"Rouse hadn't made a push for either of the starting safety positions manned by Nick Collins and Atari Bishop."

They did a gene splice of Bigby and Bishop and grew a new player in the lab. Technology is great!

bobblehead
08-21-2009, 10:19 AM

sounds like a freudian slip by an author who thinks Bishop should be starting to me. Obviously not written by waldo.

Scott Campbell
08-21-2009, 10:32 AM

Wildly inconsistent.

My biggest disappointment with Rouse is that he didn't seem to get any better after his rookie year. The guy had some ball skills as evidenced by his picks, but seemed to have no other redeeming qualities.

ThunderDan
08-21-2009, 11:42 AM

Wildly inconsistent.

My biggest disappointment with Rouse is that he didn't seem to get any better after his rookie year. The guy had some ball skills as evidenced by his picks, but seemed to have no other redeeming qualities.

Rouse could play at a ProBowl level for 5 minutes and then the next 5 look like a college player. Absolutely no consitancy. I guess that's why I have been hoping for him to turn the lightbulb on and play at a high level for a whole game.

BallHawk
08-21-2009, 12:12 PM

They did a gene splice of Bigby and Bishop and grew a new player in the lab.

So we've basically created a player that can hit really hard, but not do anything else required by his position?

I hate technology.

Deputy Nutz
08-21-2009, 01:16 PM
For a safety to be 6-3 and 220 pounds I would have expected more agressiveness from him. He is like someone else said very inconsistent, but he plays super passive and cannot assert himself on the field.

Lurker64
08-21-2009, 01:16 PM
Rouse has the size, and speed, and physical ability that if he played with the reckless abandon of a less talented player like Atari Bigby, he could be one of the best safeties in the league. Unfortunately, he does not.