PDA

View Full Version : GB TV station wanted to carry Viking's preseason game.

mngolf19
08-21-2009, 12:14 PM
http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/

can’t remember the last time anyone was actually excited for a Vikings preseason game.

That will change today. OK, I know some of you probably don’t care, but the fact Brett Favre is going to start for the Vikings tonight against Kansas City is going to spark interest in a game that is being played just for practice.

As we mentioned this morning, we expect Favre to play one series against the Chiefs and then call it a night. Tarvaris Jackson and John David Booty are expected to follow Favre into the game. Sage Rosenfels likely will be out because of an ankle injury.

This means that local ABC affiliate KSTP (Ch. 5), which will carry tonight’s game, will have huge ratings for about 15 minutes and that will be it. The Green Bay Press-Gazette reported that a Green Bay television station looked into carrying KSTP’s coverage of tonight’s game. The Vikings control the rights to the telecast and said no because they didn’t want to cause any harsh feelings with the Packers. The Green Bay market is now set to get eight regular-season Vikings games.

wow :shock:

gbgary
08-21-2009, 02:00 PM
no harsh feelings huh. that's funny.

it'll be on nfl network later in the night or you can get on-line and get a stream. me? i think not.

Pugger
08-21-2009, 02:02 PM
I have zero desire to watch BF prance around the field in that hideous purple getup. :P I think I'll pass on that...

jpompo
08-21-2009, 02:10 PM
You won't have to wait until the NFLN rebroadcast, they'll show every single down on sportscenter ... 15 times.

MOBB DEEP
08-21-2009, 03:08 PM
leavn work early and hittn the sportsbar in maryland

MJZiggy
08-21-2009, 07:02 PM
Which one?