PDA

View Full Version : Favre Live

rbaloha1
08-21-2009, 06:40 PM
channelsurfing.net

mission
08-21-2009, 06:49 PM
direct link?

what i thought was the game doesnt seem to be it ...

mission
08-21-2009, 06:51 PM
oh -- it's on nfl network at 8? i see this stream is just a few minutes behind TV. i guess i can prolly watch it here.

(not really even that excited except to see him do poorly. sue me)

mission
08-21-2009, 07:08 PM
Look at all these idiots with the $150+ Favre Vikings jersey already. I've never been a fan of wearing another man's name on my back since getting my 8th pubic hair, but wow...

jmbarnes101
08-21-2009, 07:12 PM
Look at all these idiots with the $150+ Favre Vikings jersey already. I've never been a fan of wearing another man's name on my back since getting my 8th pubic hair, but wow...

Just confirms two things. That the so-called hatred was really just envy and jealousy and that they are as fair weather as you can get. When this team malfunctions this year it'll be fun to see the Dome empty.

mission
08-21-2009, 07:17 PM
The only person who looks worse than all these fans with the jersey on is Brett himself. With his grey undershirt... not trying to sound all metrosexual here, but that color just does not work. LOL

jmbarnes101
08-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Favre Jerseys for family - $400
Tickets to see Favre play in Purple - $200
Drinks, food, and parking - $100
Watching Brett Favre throw a rushed incompletion followed by a 3rd down pass short of the 1st down line - priceless

Hope the $700 was well spent Vikings fans.

denverYooper
08-21-2009, 07:25 PM
I'm watching the Minny feed. These announcers are fairly impartial.

denverYooper
08-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Jeez, Larry Johnson looks old too.

jmbarnes101
08-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Honestly, living close to and than in Minnesota I've despised them all of my life. I don't think I've ever despised them as much as I do now though. I so badly want to see this fail and the whole thing implode in a miraculous fashion.

denverYooper
08-21-2009, 07:40 PM
I do have to say, I'm excited that football season is here!

mission
08-21-2009, 07:41 PM
Honestly, living close to and than in Minnesota I've despised them all of my life. I don't think I've ever despised them as much as I do now though. I so badly want to see this fail and the whole thing implode in a miraculous fashion.

Couldn't agree more.

Stevogbfan
08-21-2009, 07:47 PM

Couldn't agree more.

i'm with you guys, can't wait to hear the vikes fans turn when favre messes up

denverYooper
08-21-2009, 08:12 PM
Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
T. Jackson 5/6 55 1 0
B. Favre 1/4 4 0 0

Nice.

Lurker64
08-21-2009, 08:14 PM
Very little would make me happier than a "Tarvaris Jackson/Brett Favre QB controversy" in Minny.

denverYooper
08-21-2009, 09:08 PM
TJack says, "fuck y'all!"

T. Jackson 12/15 202 2 0

MJZiggy
08-21-2009, 09:09 PM
Hahahahahaha!!!!

ThunderDan
08-21-2009, 09:28 PM

T. Jackson 12/15 202 2 0

Actually, that might be bad for the Packers. I heard some talking heads saying Minnesota will try to trade T Jack and if no takers they will cut him. A night like this might get Minn a 5th rounder.

MJZiggy
08-21-2009, 09:42 PM
Can they trade TJack before Rosenfels is healthy?

Fritz
08-21-2009, 10:09 PM
I don't see them trading TJack til they know what they have in Favre, Rosenfels, and John David Boo-tay.

Will Favre feel healthy in two weeks? Is Rosencrantz what they thought? Is Boo-tay NFL material?

Rastak
08-21-2009, 10:17 PM
Man, the Viking scrubs are friggen stout!

denverYooper
08-21-2009, 10:44 PM

Special Teams looked improved.

Rastak
08-21-2009, 10:52 PM

Special Teams looked improved.

They looked outstanding against the Colts and not bad tonight either. That's great considering how poor they were last year.

Bossman641
08-21-2009, 11:10 PM
Rastak - a few questions

How did TJack look? His stats show he played very well, but does that tell the whole story?

How has Rice looked over the offseason?

Rastak
08-21-2009, 11:18 PM
Rastak - a few questions

How did TJack look? His stats show he played very well, but does that tell the whole story?

Hey Bossman, TJack looked like he always looks when the presure is off.....pretty good. He looked pretty good last preseason too but I personally give up. He did great things working with the Vikes #1 offense line for a couple series and Peterson until halfway throught he second quarter. He had the second team wr's for the third quarter and made some nice plays. The Vikes are deeper at WR than they have been for the last 3 years so he had some talent out there....some anyway.

How has Rice played? Not bad. That dude has some of the best hands I've seen since Cris Carter. We'll see how they work him into the offense. My understanding is he's been solid in camp. Harvin's kind of overshaddowed him a bit.

Partial
08-21-2009, 11:28 PM

You didn't get pubes until 8th grade?

Zool
08-22-2009, 01:47 AM
Rastak - a few questions

Hey Bossman, TJack looked like he always looks when the presure is off.....pretty good. He looked pretty good last preseason too but I personally give up. He did great things working with the Vikes #1 offense line for a couple series and Peterson until halfway throught he second quarter. He had the second team wr's for the third quarter and made some nice plays. The Vikes are deeper at WR than they have been for the last 3 years so he had some talent out there....some anyway.

How has Rice played? Not bad. That dude has some of the best hands I've seen since Cris Carter. We'll see how they work him into the offense. My understanding is he's been solid in camp. Harvin's kind of overshaddowed him a bit.

Are they showcasing Tjax in the hopes of swinging a trade or are they legitimately giving him a shot at the #2?

channtheman
08-22-2009, 05:17 AM

You didn't get pubes until 8th grade?

Read what he typed again...

Rastak
08-22-2009, 07:18 AM
Rastak - a few questions

Are they showcasing Tjax in the hopes of swinging a trade or are they legitimately giving him a shot at the #2?

I have no clue for sure but likely a trade. He made a nice case for himself last night.

sheepshead
08-22-2009, 07:56 AM
From what I am reading, could Favre get 'cut'?

Scott Campbell
08-22-2009, 07:57 AM

No. Chilly bet the farm on him, and will sink or swim with the greybeard.

Rastak
08-22-2009, 08:04 AM

LOL.....what exactly do you read?

Harlan Huckleby
08-22-2009, 09:43 AM
What if Tavaris Jackson outplays Favre all preseason?

Be still, my beating heart! :lol:

Fritz
08-22-2009, 11:18 AM
That'd be like, you know, Matt Hasselbeck outplaying Favre in the preseason...except this Favre is 39.

And it wouldn't mean anything. Favre's going to be given every chance and will not be judged on the preseason. After all, there are several "reasons" built into his possibly poor performance in preseason:

he was late to camp and is not up to speed physically

he was late to camp and is not up to speed with the playbook

he was late to camp and is not up to speed with the players

He'll be judged by what he does during the season. I do note that he's portraying himself as more of a game manager for this team. It'll be interesting to see if that's what happens, and curious to think that if he is simply a game manager type of QB that he's costing the Vikes 12 mill this year.

rbaloha1
08-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Remember the Viqueens always take Packer rejects -- Mike Hawkins, Jeff Brady, Esera Tuaolo, Robert Ferguson, Brett Favre, etc.

Fritz
08-22-2009, 03:10 PM
And the Packers got Gilbert from the Vikes!

A happy moment.

Freak Out
08-22-2009, 03:13 PM

T. Jackson 12/15 202 2 0

Pre season.

denverYooper
08-22-2009, 04:26 PM

T. Jackson 12/15 202 2 0

Pre season.

Yeah I know. It's just funny that he got booed when he came in and proceeded to have a pretty good night.

Rastak
08-22-2009, 06:06 PM

T. Jackson 12/15 202 2 0

Pre season.

Yeah I know. It's just funny that he got booed when he came in and proceeded to have a pretty good night.

Freakout is right and furthermore.....it seems whenever the pressure is off the dude plays fine. This has been the case over and over and over. I wasn't in slightest fired up by his performance. Look, maybe some day he turns it around in real game situations more than once a season but I ain't holding my breath.

For the record I was there and I thought booing him was pretty damn classless. We all know his limitations, why boo?

channtheman
08-23-2009, 02:22 AM

T. Jackson 12/15 202 2 0

Pre season.

Freakout is right and furthermore.....it seems whenever the pressure is off the dude plays fine. This has been the case over and over and over. I wasn't in slightest fired up by his performance. Look, maybe some day he turns it around in real game situations more than once a season but I ain't holding my breath.

For the record I was there and I thought booing him was pretty damn classless. We all know his limitations, why boo?

Last year in Arizona late in the season (I think) Tjack came out guns blazing and had a great game. Granted, I think AZ's passing defense was awful but still that would have been a critical time for Tjack to have to step up his game.

MOBB DEEP
08-23-2009, 05:17 AM
some team will nab him up QUICK if minny lets him go

mraynrand
08-23-2009, 06:58 AM

T. Jackson 12/15 202 2 0

Pre season.

The more controversy the better. Like to see the Vikes implode, but that usually doesn't happen until about midway through the season. Sometimes you have to wait as late as a FG attempt in the NFC championship game.